Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you lose or gain weight during LL?  (Read 569 times)

jem_semarc

Did you lose or gain weight during LL?
« on: June 16, 2020, 02:00:22 AM »

So this is something that isn’t talked about much. Did you lose or gain weight during LL?

I know that people come out of LL with bony buttocks and skinny thighs due to the sitting and increase of length in the femurs, how about the rest of the body?

I’ve read some posts where people have claimed to gain weight due to doing nothing for months, and others have said the whole LL process requires so much energy that they lost anything up to 10KG.

What was your experience?
Stryde on Femurs in Jan/2021 with Dr. Giotikas - currently @ 5 ft 5, goal height 5 ft 8.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Did you lose or gain weight during LL?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 02:13:47 PM »

Lost weight.  At a dedicated LL hospital with lots of other patients, I only remember one guy who gained weight.  He pigged out on snacks all day and was a smoker.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 02:34:27 PM »

Lost weight and I ate like a fat boy all throughout distraction. Pizza, chips, ice cream, and burgers all day everyday. It was great. Despite all that, I still lost a ton of weight. Broken bones, and the slow distraction of them over 3 months, burns a TON of calories. I normally hover around 165 to 170 lbs however during distraction I dropped to about 140 to 145 lbs. Of course, post distraction I am slowly gaining it all back...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 03:21:00 PM by TheAlchemist »
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

jem_semarc

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 12:16:58 AM »

Lost weight and I ate like a fat boy all throughout distraction. Pizza, chips, ice cream, and burgers all day everyday. It was great. Despite all that, I still lost a ton of weight. Broken bones, and the slow distraction of them over 3 months, burns a TON of calories. I normally hover around 165 to 170 lbs however during distraction I dropped to about 140 to 145 lbs. Of course, post distraction I am slowly gaining it all back...
Wow that’s crazy! Imagine eating all those calories for 3 months straight and still losing weight. Thanks for sharing.
Stryde on Femurs in Jan/2021 with Dr. Giotikas - currently @ 5 ft 5, goal height 5 ft 8.

FormerKidd

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 03:00:44 AM »

Your metabolism will shoot through the roof when you do this.  This is pretty well known around the Paley Institute.
Pages: [1]   Go Up