Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about Parihar and Giotikas  (Read 689 times)

SpeedDialer

Questions about Parihar and Giotikas
« on: December 13, 2020, 02:35:56 AM »

1. If you budget was 155k and you wanted to do Stryde on both leg segments, who would you go with?

2. In this situation, would you consider doing one segment with one doctor and another with the other? Or bad idea?

India's facilities seem less clean and India feels more unknown than Europe. Femurs seem easier to do, I'm not sure if that affects anything. I imagine Parihar is less expensive, not sure?

184dream

Re: Questions about Parihar and Giotikas
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 05:11:58 AM »

its just my opinion dear speeddialer  you should go for internals first because of infection then you do the external tibia of course acc to paley
dr gikotas is no differant than parihar both of them take the same 2 month training with paley after completion of thier ortho degree
the difference lies in the facility and the team around both of them . the deep bone infection  incidence with dr paley the god reached 10 percent acc to him you can watch his video . also what if such complication occur .idk if dr pariharr can deal with such an emergncy also the physical therapy you should arrange zoom meetings with good ones from paley facility if pariharr is considered .
i will urge you to consult both of them also for the internal the member movie had alot of pain the first month can you deal with  such issue in india . both of drs are great but its not the whole story
 the cost that you will save are  in the hospital fee which is stupid to stay in slums while doing major surgery
another cost you will save is in physical therapy which is more stupid if i was you i will consider dr giotikkas and look with him how to decrease the cost like sharing a room with another ll get a discount for both surgeries
for the nail removal thats another story consider parihar

sorry for bad english

SpeedDialer

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 11:58:04 PM »

Thank you! What are the main differences between going with Giotikas vs Parihar?

xianeffect

Re: Doctor Parihar is good according to Doctor Paley
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 09:29:06 PM »

I do not know enough about Doctor Giotikas cases to say for sure how good of doctor he is, but I looked through the forum and cannot find any bad cases reported so already he has better reputation than some other doctors that people still go to.

Doctor Parihar has a very good reputation here and is probably who I will go to. Only reason I have not yet is because if I do the Stryde nail and have to stay in Asia in order for my parents to agree to finance it, then maybe it is worth doing in another country in Asia so I can see another part of the world. Doctor Paley would be my first choice but my parents are forbidding that I do it in the West because they are afraid to fly and my travel is limited to car, train or boat.

But anyway when I asked Doctor Paley about his opinion on two doctors here in India, he responded that both doctors are good but added that he has worked a lot with Doctor Parihar. He added that I should go to him in the USA, but my situation will not allow it. Still, him saying Doctor Parihar is good increased my good feelings about doing the surgery with him if I decide to stay in India. Below I posted a screenshot of proof. By the way I asked him this last month before it was confirmed Stryde is available in India. Now we know for sure it is available through Parihar or any other doctor who requests it due to Cyborg's interview.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 09:38:26 PM »

If u haven't read it yet, definitely check out kilokahn diary. He is a moderator of this forum also. One of the most descriptive diaries on the site with pictures and lots of descriptions
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Yooy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 10:30:52 PM »

Xianeffect Who was the other Indian doctor you asked about?

xianeffect

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 02:34:26 AM »

Xianeffect Who was the other Indian doctor you asked about?

Doctor Suhas Shah.

About Doctor Shah is that although he was trained by Doctor Paley as well as Doctor Paley's teacher Doctor Catagni, his clinic where he does the surgery is at the bottom floor of an apartment building. He is also Jain, so no meat is allowed to be consumed on his premesis. On top of that I hear that he has quoted two different prices for the same procedure to different people, so I do not know if he is honest about cost. My feeling is that he is technically skilled but his location and possibly his business ethic is less ideal.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 11:53:28 PM »

Doctor Suhas Shah.

About Doctor Shah is that although he was trained by Doctor Paley as well as Doctor Paley's teacher Doctor Catagni, his clinic where he does the surgery is at the bottom floor of an apartment building. He is also Jain, so no meat is allowed to be consumed on his premesis. On top of that I hear that he has quoted two different prices for the same procedure to different people, so I do not know if he is honest about cost. My feeling is that he is technically skilled but his location and possibly his business ethic is less ideal.

I've heard mixed things about Dr Shah, who I consulted with back in 2014. Most of his patients told me that they feel he's technically proficient, in that they don't have residual problems. However, the hygiene of some of the workers there is less than satisfactory, and the state of the facilities is apparently low, even for India. What stood out to me from one of his patients though is that when complications that required intervention were encountered, Dr Shah would only treat it after additional payment was received by the patient first, and between multiple patients his quotes for the same procedure would vary wildly. So while he seems to be lower priced than Dr Parihar initially, you probably end up paying more.

On the other hand, thegosis wrote very highly of Dr Shah and is definitely a real patient according to other patients I spoke to. Probably a better option than Dr Sarin at least.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up