Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove the Off Topic section  (Read 629 times)

LLprime3

Remove the Off Topic section
« on: January 12, 2022, 06:43:29 PM »

As the title suggests ...

Is there a strong logical reason to keep it alive, except for "it's a nice to have"?

This forum is turning into a trash collection. I don't feel like posting a diary in here in the future. You can take it as some kind of customer review.

frog

• Visitor
Re: Remove the Off Topic section
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 07:15:56 PM »

if dont like it then just dont read it

Masteryourlife

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 11:51:59 AM »

if dont like it then just dont read it
That is not the point.
It brings in ppl not interested in LL n those same ppl go around the forum spreading non sense with their theories !
This forum needs to have ppl who actually want to undergo the surgery n are mentally stable n the off topic section is fertile ground for kids n ppl not related to this surgery .
LL discussion/LL experience/LL doctors provides all the infos a prospective CLL patient needs n all the infos this forum should be about .
old forums threat other topics n they should move there n talk about all their beliefs .
I m very active here since I joined the forum because I try to find any news or info usefull for my future journey but if you gain some users by empathizing the off-topic section ,you lose others really intrested in the surgery who may eventually undergo it n come here just as visitors and  never post one thing or just post when they have some questions but not contributing to the LL family as they might (maybe) have if it was a more mature forum with sane ppl .

Siegfried

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 06:53:11 PM »

I do agree slightly, there are many topics here which don't belong on this forum. "Favourite Movies", "Favourite companies" etc. ... like come on. There should be enough old forums to discuss these kinds of things.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Sorcerer

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 05:54:57 AM »

I do agree slightly, there are many topics here which don't belong on this forum. "Favourite Movies", "Favourite companies" etc. ... like come on. There should be enough old forums to discuss these kinds of things.
That's the essence of Off Topic section and I dunno why those kinds of posts should get forbidden there. They are actually breathing life into this forum otherwise like one guy said before nails come back this forum will turn into a ghost town.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 02:32:04 PM »

As the title suggests ...

Is there a strong logical reason to keep it alive, except for "it's a nice to have"?

This forum is turning into a trash collection. I don't feel like posting a diary in here in the future. You can take it as some kind of customer review.

Can you say more?

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up