Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PRECICE 2 MALFUNCTION?  (Read 2716 times)

rickybobby

PRECICE 2 MALFUNCTION?
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:24:43 PM »

SO I am reading a diary for the precice 2 on the old forum. One guy lengthening with dr lee is saying that the precice 2 is malfunctioning for him in terms of having higher muscle mass and the precice 2 rods NOT LENGTHENING!!

ANY CONFIRMATION ON THESE CLAIMS???

ChrisIsaak

Re: PRECICE 2 MALFUNCTION?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:01:30 PM »

You seem shocked, why?

People often confuse most advertised with the best. All LL forums are full of misinformation. There have been some problems with the first Precice; and the second Precice is a new product - it's just been introduced into the market, and basically anyone who goes with Precice II at the moment is a guinea pig.

I'm sorry for what Amatan is going through, but at least he's lengthened around 5 cm. We seemingly have the same condition - premature consolidation risk of the right femur - which is why I'm still lengthening at 1,5 mm/day. It's killing my hamstrings but I have to continue at this pace and stretch religiously everyday.

Amatan's diary shares another reality of LL as well, read close - there is no "painless method" for LL. Yes, internal nails are relatively less painful, but "painless lengthening" is sugarcoating it.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:30:43 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if true.  The non-clicking, automatic devices have a history of malfunctioning.  I heard that Dr. Xia tried using Fitbone a long time ago but decided not to offer it due to unreliability.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:35:57 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if true.  The non-clicking, automatic devices have a history of malfunctioning.  I heard that Dr. Xia tried using Fitbone a long time ago but decided not to offer it due to unreliability.

Fitbone was indeed unreliable back in old forum  Admin's times. Today's Fitbone nail is the 4th generation. It took years for the Germans to perfect their design.

I'm sure Precice is a very good nail, but it's new. It's early to make a definite judgement. Maybe Dr. Lee should have told Amaton to speed up his lengthening? I wish I'd followed his diary closely, I could've asked in time. I'll still ask though.

mediocre

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 01:29:28 AM »

In medicine, history always repeats itself of great enthusiasm from new product only to turn up a dud.

2 recent examples:
1. Vioxx was hailed by many surgeons as a great drug for arthritis and other pains until it was withdrawn due to risks of heart attack and stroke (Merck apparently concealed that info too from the public).

2. Metal-on-metal hip implants, something our good orthopods must be familiar too, have also been withdrawn from the market (J&J,  DePuy) due to failure rates and safety concerns.

I hope precice 2 won't follow this way and maybe we're overreacting but remember that when drugs or equipments are approved and released to the public, it's called Phase 4 trial, the postmarketing surveillance, where we the general public are the guinea pigs.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up