Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: maximum height recommendation  (Read 1195 times)

Leuxca

• Visitor
maximum height recommendation
« on: February 02, 2021, 09:14:44 AM »

Hi, this is my first post on this website and I was wondering about the maximum height that I can reach if I wanted to do the surgery. I'm 157 "5.2" and I'm 24 years old.. my mom is 149 "4.9" and my dad is 176 "5.8" so I guess my gens went to my mom's sides this time  ;D.
I've been to the doctor earlier when I was around 7-9 years old and have got 2 injections ( god knows what was it ) but I didn't complete the crouse which was about 6months of more injections here and there.. long story short I guess I can't gain any more inches at this age so I'm considering to do the surgery. but I have a few questions about it:
1- what's the maximum height I can reach if I decide to do lengthen through the leg and thighs
2- what are the side effects of the surgery, I've heard that it can lead to osteoporosis
3- best doctors for this type of surgery.

thank you for taking the time to read this!

SartBimpson

Re: maximum height recommendation
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 09:48:47 AM »

Maximum recommended is 5 inches. Two inches on tibia and three inches on femurs.

However this entirely depends on your starting height, and surgeons recommend you only lengthen 10-15% of the bone's initial length.

So a taller person will have it a lot easier to lengthen more than a shorter person because they have longer bones.

permanentlybanned

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 10:29:08 AM »

2) no

3) anyone in America is probably fine
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Leuxca

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 01:48:19 PM »

so I will gain roughly 8-10cm max  :-[ well, that's not worth it tbh.. I was aiming at ( at least 170cm). keeping in mind that my legs are 80cm more or less so I will have 11-12cm max :( that's very disappointing.

PS; thanx for your fast reply much appreciated 

Leuxca

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 01:52:45 PM »

that's good news..

in the US it's considered to be the most expensive one, from my research it will cost no less than 70k$ unless you can recommend someone in particular.

Kal el

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 05:04:28 PM »

Is ur inseam 80cm or hip to floor is 80cm??how did u measure ur legs.

precice strider

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 05:59:45 AM »

2) no

3) anyone in America is probably fine

what about dr gay in fremont california?
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

permanentlybanned

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 06:28:12 AM »

what about dr gay in fremont california?

Would not recommend him, he has probably done less than 5 CLL cases in his whole life and is simply a regular non trained in LL orthopedic surgeon. He knows how to insert trauma nails and that's about it
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Vibes

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 12:50:22 AM »

Would not recommend him, he has probably done less than 5 CLL cases in his whole life and is simply a regular non trained in LL orthopedic surgeon. He knows how to insert trauma nails and that's about it

Yep. A trauma orthopedic surgeon can install a nail just fine, but they can't handle/adapt to address complications. Not safe.

Leuxca

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 12:22:31 PM »

Is ur inseam 80cm or hip to floor is 80cm??how did u measure ur legs.

from waist do the floor allowing -3/5cm error calculation. :D

Leuxca

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 12:23:52 PM »

what do you recommend? I mean it shouldn't be in the US only.. I guess there's many other good doctors globally.

permanentlybanned

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2021, 12:37:21 PM »

what do you recommend? I mean it shouldn't be in the US only.. I guess there's many other good doctors globally.

Give a budget or something.

kumbaya

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2021, 02:53:06 PM »

so I will gain roughly 8-10cm max  :-[ well, that's not worth it tbh.. I was aiming at ( at least 170cm). keeping in mind that my legs are 80cm more or less so I will have 11-12cm max :( that's very disappointing.

PS; thanx for your fast reply much appreciated

Please don't be disappointed, if you are a woman gaining those 12 cm will put you above average for women in the US ( and probably any country).

If you are a man you will still be below average but just for a few cm. If you use relatively high insole sneakers after CLL or a small elevator cue in your shoes you can easily be 172 - 173 which is pretty common in the US.

precice strider

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2021, 07:15:47 PM »

Give a budget or something.

Budget options: Donghoon Lee LON, Parihar
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

Kal el

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2021, 11:12:37 PM »

U mean to say u have only 31.5 inch legs🙄....if thtstrue thn u have the torso of tall person bro..coz ur sitting height thn will be above 95cm....whts ur sitting height?and do u feel same height as the taller ppl whn seated.

OverSixFeetTall

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2021, 06:48:43 PM »

What’s your realistic goal height?
My Current Height: 5'9
My Goal Height: 6'0
Lengthen: Femurs

Dirona

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2021, 08:41:55 AM »

If you are from North America, please do the surgery in the United States if you have the budget..I guess it is better to wait it out even to reach that budget if possible..This is a very involved procedure which is relatively new compared to others..
Taking it easy

volt

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2021, 08:06:03 AM »

I would recommend looking into Mahoubian, who is based in Los Angeles. He is more expensive (around $70k) though as far I’ve heard he is trustworthy because he is very experienced. I’m hoping to get CLL in the next 5-7 years and am currently planning on going with him. When the time comes however I might consider Debiparshad who is based in Las Vegas as well, but as right now he doesn’t have as many completed surgeries under his belt. One thing I don’t like about Debiparshad though is that he apparently has claimed that he does not believe that there are any long term effects to CLL which there are. With something as serious as CLL, you need a realist, not an optimist.

Whatever the case is, you can find opinions and reviews regarding every doctor you can ever consider on here. You’ll hear good and bad about both, it’s important to come to your own conclusion about who you trust with operating on you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up