Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WARNING] Stay away from India and Turkey for LL surgery  (Read 1679 times)

Limbfan2020

[WARNING] Stay away from India and Turkey for LL surgery
« on: November 25, 2022, 10:43:31 AM »

Dear all,

i've found a guy on youtube who decided to do a maxillary advancement in India. The surgery failed and he reported it as a massive scam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEw0JIiFjwc&ab_channel=RichardsonsReviews%26Complaints

Then he moved on and did a LON tibia lenghtening in Turkey resulting in a pin infection and a secondary tibia break due to the bottom screw of the fixator. Now he is in serious pain and regrets tibia lenghtening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QSwqGPLrKk&ab_channel=TheLooksmaxingChannel

Be very careful by choosing the right doctor!!!

toyz

Re: [WARNING] Stay away from India and Turkey for LL surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 11:28:55 AM »

there are good and bad docs in all countries

no need to rule out entire country bcoz of such cases. But ya you should avoid "marketing clinics" for any surgery

BUT

in developing countries we should also aware ourselves about all kind of extra stuffs like Blood transfusion risks (do self blood donation bcoz the dr will not automatically do this for you or get blood from NAT blood banks only or keep some healthy friends near by to donate blood during emergency) , stay close to hospital for emergency (bcoz traffic can get very bad and if i u need ambulance it can takes a lot of time some times).

So in developed country = more things are "automatically" safe, but in developing country you should do more preparation even after choosing good doc.

shortlifelonghope

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 12:37:16 PM »

who did this then mate? Can you please tell?! ıf you share it, you shoul tell :)

Dear all,

i've found a guy on youtube who decided to do a maxillary advancement in India. The surgery failed and he reported it as a massive scam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEw0JIiFjwc&ab_channel=RichardsonsReviews%26Complaints

Then he moved on and did a LON tibia lenghtening in Turkey resulting in a pin infection and a secondary tibia break due to the bottom screw of the fixator. Now he is in serious pain and regrets tibia lenghtening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QSwqGPLrKk&ab_channel=TheLooksmaxingChannel

Be very careful by choosing the right doctor!!!

Charizard

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 01:03:07 PM »

It looks like Dr Yuksel Yurttas did his surgery.
Current Height:5ft9''
Target Height:6ftAge:32
Stretching my legs everyday
I’m exposing scammer limb lengthening clinics in my Twitter account.
https://x.com/charizard780

4cm

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 02:10:58 PM »

In developped countries if things go wrong you can sue the doctor and get a lot of money if it is his false. But in third world countries you can sue the doctor and loss your money and get threatened, that's why doctor in developped countries are so expensive.

informationispower

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 02:11:35 PM »

Pin infection is very common with ex fix. Has nothing to do with the surgeon. I am not defending the turkish doc but when it comes to pinsite infection, it happens with any doc

Limbfan2020

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 04:10:13 PM »

Pin infection is very common with ex fix. Has nothing to do with the surgeon. I am not defending the turkish doc but when it comes to pinsite infection, it happens with any doc

I strongly disagree! The risk of pinsite infection is much lower when the hospital has high hygiene standards and when the doctors/nurses take care of the patients. 

overandover

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 04:26:14 PM »

I strongly disagree! The risk of pinsite infection is much lower when the hospital has high hygiene standards and when the doctors/nurses take care of the patients.

total BS.

Harry1309

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2022, 06:43:52 PM »

Yeah external’s isn’t even considered ‘cosmetic’ due to the nature of the fixators and scarring etc definitely go for internals if you can and maybe only fixators on Tibia.

Also I agree not everyone is bad I mean in Turkey only go with the best like Dr Metin Kucukkaya who was endorsed by Dr Donghoon Lee

All countries have good and inexperienced Drs like Payley said for mercenary reasons so just make sure you do your own research before going through

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2022, 07:05:01 PM »

People brush off that they are getting surgery in a 3rd world country until reality strikes and something goes wrong.  I would NEVER have this operation in either of these countries.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

informationispower

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2022, 07:35:49 PM »

No it is not. Since you are obviously not a medical professional while I am, I am not going to argue. Having a foreign object for months pinned through your body will inevitably cause infections

iwillgrow

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2022, 10:09:13 PM »

People here apologizing for the mistakes that happen in Turkey and third world countries are either paid or just deluded

I went to turkey and got butchered by Halil, now I am crippled and will spend years trying to fix it

My issue:
Developed an infection in my left leg, told halil, Halil didn't check for infection and decided to release my IT band. IT band did not heal properly and remained elongated and now I cannot use my outer thigh. Halil refuses to take responsability, blames me for not doing physical therapy(even though I have been doing). He cannot fix the issue because he's incompetent, most he did is he offered to camouflage the deforminity

I know lots of people who came to Turkey and got crippled by Halil, they have an entire hotel where they keep the cripples. Half of the people get infections, tons get non-union, they all lose years of their life trying to heal their issue and some never do.

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2022, 02:45:17 AM »

What a nightmare.  Sorry about your situation.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

Limbfan2020

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2022, 10:26:48 AM »

@iwillgrow

I'm very sorry to hear that! Please post your whole story!

SpeedDialer

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2022, 12:41:22 PM »

I sort of wonder if there is a way for people to warn forum users of certain doctors without exposing themselves to getting sued / pressured by those doctors

I am not sure sarcastically saying the opposite will actually work

"Guys, there's nothing wrong with Dr. X. He definitely totally knows how to do Y well, he most certainly doesn't lie or mess up techniques A, B, C. I'm sure all the complications you hear about coming from Dr. X are totally false. He's a great doctor and there's nothing wrong here"

Limbfan2020

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2022, 05:27:37 PM »

Update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBJI7k0upBw&ab_channel=TheLooksmaxingChannel

What a mess! Second tibia break due to a screw, ballerina foot, pain, pain, pain.

iwillgrow

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2022, 03:59:31 AM »

Go read my story of how halil butchered me

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=78387.0

sorry I couldn't get into more detail, I would be here all day to write every detail

Limbfan2020

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2022, 05:38:37 PM »

Update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31t8CafApwc&t=2s&ab_channel=TheLooksmaxingChannel

You can clearly see and feel his anger and frustration about the surgery. His ballerina feet is extrem and he cannot walk at all. His face is covered in pure pain.

Compare it with "Mad Max" (https://www.instagram.com/maxheight35/), who could walk almost normal without any signs of ballerina feet after just 5 weeks!

SpeedDialer

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2022, 05:57:14 PM »

Sometimes I wonder like 'damn, I wish Dr. Paley, Dr. Parihar and some others could do a grand tour of all India and Turkey LL doctor offices and just be like OK guys, do XYZ differently, fix this, fix that, stop doing ABC do this instead'

I know things are not that simple. The best Dr. Paley can do is give his presentations at the surgeon conferences (some youtube vids of him at conferences talking about LL) and try to get in some advice

And, for certain, some things can't be communicated so easily, there is experience and practice..

toyz

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2022, 06:19:50 PM »

Sometimes I wonder like 'damn, I wish Dr. Paley, Dr. Parihar and some others could do a grand tour of all India and Turkey LL doctor offices and just be like OK guys, do XYZ differently, fix this, fix that, stop doing ABC do this instead'

I know things are not that simple. The best Dr. Paley can do is give his presentations at the surgeon conferences (some youtube vids of him at conferences talking about LL) and try to get in some advice

And, for certain, some things can't be communicated so easily, there is experience and practice..

its not just abt the surgeon skills. its also about the healthcare system which the surgeon cant complete control

SpeedDialer

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2022, 06:57:16 PM »

its not just abt the surgeon skills. its also about the healthcare system which the surgeon cant complete control

thanks for the tip, what should we know about Turkey's healthcare system for example? I know its popular for hair transplants so I wonder

toyz

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2022, 07:07:41 PM »

thanks for the tip, what should we know about Turkey's healthcare system for example? I know its popular for hair transplants so I wonder

dont know about Turkey much but in India blood transfusions is not safe. It can be needed after this surgery in some cases (one patient growing experience had to get blood transfusion after surgery)

Harry1309

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2022, 08:50:25 PM »

True but if you go with a too surgeon who in Turkey I would say only Dr Metin Kucukkaya is an expert level as Payley said and he uses JCI accredited hospitals in Turkey I think this is like FDA or american certified hospitals

So healthcare can begood if you go to a decent surgeon/ hospital etc at end of the day you get what you pay for
Pages: [1]   Go Up