Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martial arts trainning after full recovery  (Read 278 times)

Mike G

• Visitor
Martial arts trainning after full recovery
« on: May 16, 2024, 07:06:45 AM »

Hello :-)

Are there any lengthening veterans who practiced Aikido (or other martial arts for that matter) who can describe if they managed to get back to training after finishing lengthening and recovery ?

If so, can you describe how was the experience different after lengthening ?
Did you face any difficulties afterwards ?

Thank you.

(PS If you can, please state which lengthening technique you did and which segment).

KrP1

Re: Martial arts trainning after full recovery
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 01:38:54 PM »

Aikido is  . Don't expect to have the same athletic ability after lengthening, Your muscles won't have the same explosiveness, strength and elasticity as before.

Bagga

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 04:22:55 AM »

Hello :-)

Are there any lengthening veterans who practiced Aikido (or other martial arts for that matter) who can describe if they managed to get back to training after finishing lengthening and recovery ?

If so, can you describe how was the experience different after lengthening ?
Did you face any difficulties afterwards ?

Thank you.

(PS If you can, please state which lengthening technique you did and which segment).

MaKe a choice - height or Atheticism and power.
You can only have one.

Lengthening to can height, your legs are no long 100% same as before.
You can recover close to 85% like normal walking, climbing and slow jog and low Jumping.
It will take several years or never to recover in term of explosive power and altheticism.

AllinStryde

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 06:21:19 PM »

This is true.  It's been almost 5 years.  100% will not return for me.  He's right, you can choose one.  You will not have both.

Mike G

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2024, 08:54:43 PM »

Thank you everyone guys for the honest answers. Your honestly is far from obvious.
I really appreciate you're being able to come out and speak frankly about the implications of the decision to lengthen.

I is still hard through to exactly grasp the meaning of the outcome it brings before you actually do the surgery.
I kind of only imagine myself a bit slower and bit weaker, but I honestly don't know if I imagine it "as I should have" when trying to guess how it might feel afterwards (in order to decide if it should be right decision for me, and it's a tough one).

I should say that I was never on a competition level to begin with, and since most people who don't do aggressive sports (without complications) claim they just got back to their daily lives, can jog a bit and continue lifting weights at the gym,
so it's really difficult for me to understand to what level surgery could negatively impact me in way that potentially would bother me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up