Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for people who have done LL especially internals and used massagers  (Read 404 times)

SpeedDialer

Razdal said he bought a bunch of massagers for his legs while doing internal femurs (an electronic one w/ rotating beads) + some kind of heated ball

1. What are your thoughts on what kinds of massaging devices might be useful?

2. What kinds of massaging devices do you think are not useful doing LL?

3. There is something I'm a bit concerned about. How do you know if these things will disrupt the reformation/healing of things that were cut such as during gastro recession or IT band?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account

i see many LLers getting ASTYM which is like aggressively breaking up scar tissue and it helped them. it was at PT tho, a trained ASTYM professional usually a PT knows how to use it. doubt its necessary, majority don't get ASTYM it's rather niche
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Vibes

One Paley patient I spoke to said he used a hand-held massage gun every morning to help loosen up his quads before getting out of bed because you can be quite stiff in the mornings after surgery.

And speaking with one of the PT therapist there named Mike (and also Jason), it is safe to use the massage gun but they also offer IASTYM and recommend it throughout the rehab process.

SpeedDialer

Wonder what the doctors think of massage guns?

I found out what IT band release and grastroc release look like (look pretty mangled/torn up afterwards) and I wonder to myself how long until its safe to start punching with a massage gun?

Pages: [1]   Go Up