Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New members/lurkers - do not be fooled - do your reserach here and outside  (Read 888 times)

my advice - do your research, read diaries, do email exchanges with doctors, check their credentials etc. before jumping onto it. I see many new doctors' diaries suddenly popping out which makes me wonder whether those are fake or legit (like somebody suddenly writing "I am going to dr. deviprasad in June for fenur", and then someone else replying to that thread saying "I am also going to him" etc.). My advice will be to read diaries with credible details, doctors with multiple diaries here (from quite sometime) and doctors with credible and good outcomes should only be considered. All the best.

Knik

Seems logical, that’s why we come here
Looking for Pili

GrowTow

Also for new users, I think it's a big red flag if a diary has been started by a new member. I think most of the people who are real and actually doing the surgery will make an account months in advance and then the diary would be started as their 30th post at least.

Not always true but i'm inclined to believe a diary is real from a member whose been registered for 3+ months and has more then 30 posts.

Also you'll realize that diaries that are written by users with below 20 posts also seem to get a lot of replies from other newly registered accounts.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

cheekycabs

Not enough people go and visit post-LL patients after it's done as well.

I had a Turkish guy visit me while I was doing my consolidation. Completely changed his mind about doing the surgery. It can definitely change your perspective
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Knik

Not enough people go and visit post-LL patients after it's done as well.

I had a Turkish guy visit me while I was doing my consolidation. Completely changed his mind about doing the surgery. It can definitely change your perspective

Why does it changed his mind if I may ask ?
Looking for Pili

cheekycabs

Well, I was covered in dried blood after walking with him, horribly slow and almost useless, and in a fair amount of pain at some stages. We sat down and had tea and told him the positives, negatives, stuff I didn't plan for, and the difficulties of the entire post surgery. And he was put off of it.

I was in the same boat really, many people just consider the numbers and not much else. 5cm in 6 months and everything is the same? Fcking not likely mate.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

GrowTow

Well, I was covered in dried blood after walking with him, horribly slow and almost useless, and in a fair amount of pain at some stages. We sat down and had tea and told him the positives, negatives, stuff I didn't plan for, and the difficulties of the entire post surgery. And he was put off of it.

I was in the same boat really, many people just consider the numbers and not much else. 5cm in 6 months and everything is the same? fking not likely mate.

This is a fair point but I also think if people went to meet patients whilst they're having the surgery they want themselves; it doesn't matter what surgery it is, they would be put off regardless.

Hip replacements are common but if I needed hip surgery and went to see a patient during their experience, I'd be put off to do that too.

In short, I don't think any surgery is a good experience to experience or to look at. People will only be discouraged. But, they should talk to current patients and past patients of the Dr they'll be going to.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

jaybam

my advice - do your research, read diaries, do email exchanges with doctors, check their credentials etc. before jumping onto it. I see many new doctors' diaries suddenly popping out which makes me wonder whether those are fake or legit (like somebody suddenly writing "I am going to dr. deviprasad in June for fenur", and then someone else replying to that thread saying "I am also going to him" etc.). My advice will be to read diaries with credible details, doctors with multiple diaries here (from quite sometime) and doctors with credible and good outcomes should only be considered. All the best.

I think you're talking about my diary. Anyone can text or call me anytime. I'll be posting a detailed diary.

Also for new users, I think it's a big red flag if a diary has been started by a new member. I think most of the people who are real and actually doing the surgery will make an account months in advance and then the diary would be started as their 30th post at least.

Not always true but i'm inclined to believe a diary is real from a member whose been registered for 3+ months and has more then 30 posts.

Also you'll realize that diaries that are written by users with below 20 posts also seem to get a lot of replies from other newly registered accounts.

precisely my point, no trail of posts (or maybe a few, that also from a very short time) and suddenly directly diary starts....suspicious....as if somebody just came here for the sole aim of starting a diary for a doctor with minimum time invested on research or discussion on this forum, becomes even more suspicious if the doctor is not known enough or discussed on this forum, and if the replies to these threads are also from newly created accounts that is even more suspicious, and to top it all the replies are like "oh I am also going to him" (that is - 4 red flags).

Suddenly I see many accounts with no history on this forum starting different threads for promoting doctor Deviprasad and even replies to those threads are from accounts with no history and replies are like 'oh, I am also going to him soon', whatever they are doing they fail to understand that credibility is built organically, gradually on this forum not by employing a blitzkrieg technique, it just falls flat and makes it obvious what kind of propaganda promotion is going on. I have never spoken criticizing many people but what I see is odd and must be called out, so did what I feel is right. Rest, others can make their conclusions.

fodawupa

hey 7231 when are you actually going to do LL? u have been writing here since many years, u are nearing 40, smoke, arent exactly fit and still havent even had a LL consultation. why dont u just move on in life or actually do LL? at least get a consultation my friend. it is scary but start with it :) either forget LL or do it. dont think about it for years. i dont mean to be harsh my friend, just advice i would give my old self.

all this debating about doctors u havent even met will not help u or anyone. LL is a risk.but if u are going to consider it, go outside and meet some real docs.

some of the 'best' reputation doctors online are really not good in person (experience with a European doc) and some of the 'unknown' ones are good. go have face2face consultations. the gravity of LL will hit u. but it can be good to make progress and overcome fears.
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

hey 7231 when are you actually going to do LL? u have been writing here since many years, u are nearing 40, smoke, arent exactly fit and still havent even had a LL consultation. why dont u just move on in life or actually do LL? at least get a consultation my friend. it is scary but start with it :) either forget LL or do it. dont think about it for years. i dont mean to be harsh my friend, just advice i would give my old self.

all this debating about doctors u havent even met will not help u or anyone. LL is a risk.but if u are going to consider it, go outside and meet some real docs.

some of the 'best' reputation doctors online are really not good in person (experience with a European doc) and some of the 'unknown' ones are good. go have face2face consultations. the gravity of LL will hit u. but it can be good to make progress and overcome fears.

Your frustration (from me calling out the debiprasad bluff going on in some posts) shows in this post of yours trying to attack me personally rather than trying to rebut my points logically and sending me desperate useless PMs, this proves my point further (Red flag number 5 regrading Debiprasad) that the diaries started to promote Debiprasad are as fake as the doctor himself. By doing this you are simply hurting yourself my friend not me.  And Stop sending me desperate PMs, that shows your desperation to promote this doctor.

Addition: I don't want to get insulting messages from these shoddy desperate promoters, so I will leave it here, done arguing with them, throwing stones in mud only makes us dirty. bye bye shoddy desperate 'mud' promoters.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 10:28:38 PM by 7231 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up