Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris' proportions and mockups  (Read 10642 times)

Chris

Chris' proportions and mockups
« on: March 25, 2016, 09:26:19 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I'm new to this forum  :)

I'm a very short guy where I live and my life is a misery, so I'm planning to have my first of two LL surgeries in January 2017 in order to change that somehow.
Since money is an issue to me (I'm a university student), I will go to St. Petersburg, Russia, but I'm not completely sure yet.

About me:
  • Sex: male

About my proportions:

Height: 161cm  >:( :'(
Arm span: 162cm
Legs (floor to crotch): 74,5cm
Torso/head: 86,5cm

My tibiae seem to be almost as long as my femurs :o but I will have my legs x-rayed and measured anyway, so I will find out soon.

My goal is to gain up to 10cm, which will probably be the borderline proportion-wise for my body.
I've made some mockups and uploaded them to a file host, please be so kind to take a look at them and tell me what you think are the best looking proportions.
I don't want to be weird looking, but I really need to reach these 10cm.

http://postimg.org/image/umjyy6bnh/

1) me@161cm
2) 6cm femur
3) 6cm tibia
4) 6cm tibia and 4 cm femur
5) 4cm tibia and 6cm femur

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Knik

Re: Chris' proportions and mockups
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 09:36:28 PM »

image 4 is perfect
Looking for Pili

TIBIKE200

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 09:40:28 PM »

image 4 an 3
I learned some stuff during this time

EndGame

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 05:14:35 AM »

hi chris,
i liked 4 and 5 the best. perhaps i'd like 5cm on each best. i think there are ratios of tibs to femur considered 'normal'. i would think your dr will probably be able to give good advice on it. btw, what application did you use to make your mock up pics?

chineseguy

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 06:06:26 AM »

paddy10tellys

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 09:35:33 AM »

3 & 4
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

hyong

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 10:01:12 AM »

3 looks good  :)

btw are you intending to lengthen femur with externals? , many members here would agree that internals are a better approach to femur lengtheing

Chris

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 10:24:07 AM »

image 4 is perfect
Thanks for your reply, theophilo.
Perfect!? :D Wow, I didn't expect that.
I've read somewhere that a torso/head-to-leg ratio of 1:1 is considered "best looking" or most attractive, but my arm span is only 162cm.
I was worried that I would look like a t-rex @ 171cm.

image 4 an 3
Thank you  :)
First I will do 6cm on my tibiae (image 3) and then 4cm on my femurs (image 4).

hi chris,
i liked 4 and 5 the best. perhaps i'd like 5cm on each best. i think there are ratios of tibs to femur considered 'normal'. i would think your dr will probably be able to give good advice on it. btw, what application did you use to make your mock up pics?
Hi EndGame  :)
I used Photoshop CS6. When I took the pictures, I had a sticker on one of my legs as a point of reference to ensure that my mockups a accurate.

Could you tell me why you think that my proportions in image 3 (6cm tibia) look better then in image 4 (with additional 4cm on my femurs)?
Is it because of my arms? Do I look like a t-rex?
Thanks.

3 & 4
Thanks to you too, Paddy  :)
If you had to decide between 3 & 4, which would it be?

3 looks good  :)

btw are you intending to lengthen femur with externals? , many members here would agree that internals are a better approach to femur lengtheing
Image 3 is only 6cm on tibia (first surgery) :(  If I want 9-10cm I would have to look like in image 4 after my second surgery.
How much worse do you think image 4 looks compared to image 3, and why? Because of my arms?

And yes, I intend to lengthen my femurs with externals. I'm a graduate student and I can only afford externals in Russia.
I have no choice if I want to have both surgeries done before I hit 30.
I know it's gonna be painful, but life at 161cm is more painful than any physical pain could ever be *lol*

I'm a real LL-patient.

paddy10tellys

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 06:36:08 PM »

Both look good but 3 is aesthetic... it looks more natural somehow? Better proportions?? Not so much your arms but the trunk to thigh ratio looks wrong in 4 & it also looks a bit leggy. OK, you might end up taller with option 4 but it would be 2 ops, cost more money & be a harder journey.
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

Nightwish

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 06:49:36 PM »

Four and five are way too much I think. Three looks good.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Chris

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 02:03:46 AM »

Both look good but 3 is aesthetic... it looks more natural somehow? Better proportions?? Not so much your arms but the trunk to thigh ratio looks wrong in 4 & it also looks a bit leggy. OK, you might end up taller with option 4 but it would be 2 ops, cost more money & be a harder journey.
Four and five are way too much I think. Three looks good.

Ok, thanks to both of you  :)

It's interesting that despite image 4 is showing a torso-leg ratio of 1:1, many don't like it.
I've made a new mockup, taking into account your opinions.
I's a trade off between image 3 and 4, showing 5cm on tibia and 3cm on femur.

http://postimg.org/image/4fnsbgfef/

I think my femurs look much shorter now, although I reduced their length by just 1cm   :o

I'm a real LL-patient.

chineseguy

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 02:34:25 AM »

3 looks very proportion.   4.  your legs is starting to be long. 

Chris

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 02:53:33 AM »

3 looks very proportion.   4.  your legs is starting to be long.
Yup, that's why I made a new mockup showing image "3-4".
I want to find the sweet spot for maxing my size while still look proportionate.
I'm a real LL-patient.

Alu

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 03:05:04 AM »

What does the 3-4 entail? For the last ones your body to legs don't look so off, so you can pull that off (which is great). It's just that your arms really are distracting in how short they seem. AL might help, or just learn to live with it.

Anyways, aim for like 9-10 CMs and you should be fine. I'd doubt people will call you out at all in proper clothing and I don't think it will be mind-boggling if you're nked in front of say your soul-mate.

dvan0

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 07:47:22 AM »

I think both 3 and 4 look fine. But its funny how every tells you, a 161 guy, that lengthening 6 cm is fine while everyone tells me, a 177 guy, that lengthening 6 cm is too much.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 08:51:58 AM »

I think both 3 and 4 look fine. But its funny how every tells you, a 161 guy, that lengthening 6 cm is fine while everyone tells me, a 177 guy, that lengthening 6 cm is too much.
You have much more to lose, life at 177 isn't bad enough to risk reduced functions for the rest of your life. Most people who did more than 5cm's regret it, but obviously it's your body so decide this by yourself.

Chris

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 12:20:05 PM »

But its funny how every tells you, a 161 guy, that lengthening 6 cm is fine while everyone tells me, a 177 guy, that lengthening 6 cm is too much.

If I was 177cm, I wouldn't even think about doing LL and I'm a Hobbit and I'm saying this  ;)
All the 170-guys are being respected by men who are 180cm (the average height), because they are still in their psychological "fear-range" and you are pretty close to 180cm.
So even most 190-guys respect you subconsciously.
If you want to be taller because of the ladies, being above average size is an advantage of course, but at least 80 percent of the market should be open to you at 177cm, which is great already.
In my opinion, risking your health to be 3cm about average height (instead of 3cm below it) just isn't worth it.

As for me, I simply have to take the risks, because my social life is not functioning the why it should.
Being only 161cm, less then 7 percent of women are shorter then me and they typically want guys up to 180cm, because they feel inferior themselves - good look finding your soul-mate!
Lengthening by 6cm on tibia (to a height of 167cm) will make me taller then 1/3 of the ladies. Suddenly, every 3th women could be the right one for me - that's a life changer!

Respect from other men @ 161cm is virtually zero. I'm absolutely not considered or treated equally, even if I'm right, have better ideas or arguments.
People have been making fun of my very short appearance since I was a teenager and I hate it, but will they stop? No, because they don't respect me.
I'm feeling stressed when I have to go to crowded places like discos or concerts for all I can see is other peoples' torsos. I can't see anything and nobody sees me.
Going from 161cm to 167cm and then to 170cm (exactly 5"7') would elevate me to the aforementioned zone of respect of the 180-guys and I would not go down in crowded places that much anymore.

So, as you can see, your situation and mine cannot be compared.

What does the 3-4 entail? For the last ones your body to legs don't look so off, so you can pull that off (which is great). It's just that your arms really are distracting in how short they seem. AL might help, or just learn to live with it.

Anyways, aim for like 9-10 CMs and you should be fine. I'd doubt people will call you out at all in proper clothing and I don't think it will be mind-boggling if you're nked in front of say your soul-mate.

Hi alu  :)

Image "3-4" entails 5cm tibia (instead of 6cm) and 3cm femur (instead of 4cm) and is showing my proportions at 169cm.
I hoped that I would look much more proportionate compared to 171cm, but now that you have pointed out my (very?) short arms as the culprits, I will do 6cm tibs and 3cm femurs (= 170 or 5"7').
Personally, I can't see my arms being short by that much, just a little, but that might be because I've stared at them for to long and got used to it.
Well, but that's why I'm here. Everything is appreciated  :)

To everyone:
Are my short arms really that much obvious to you guys? How much do you think I should lengthen my arms? 3cm like my femurs?
Then I will try to make yet another mockup @170cm with longer arms.
Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:41:03 PM by Chris »
I'm a real LL-patient.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 12:47:39 PM »

If I was 177cm, I wouldn't even think about doing LL and I'm a Hobbit and I'm saying this  ;)
All the 170-guys are being respected by men who are 180cm (the average height), because they are still in their psychological "fear-range" and you are pretty close to 180cm.
So even most 190-guys respect you subconsciously.
If you want to be taller because of the ladies, being above average size is an advantage of course, but at least 80 percent of the market should be open to you at 177cm, which is great already.
In my opinion, risking your health to be 3cm about average height (instead of 3cm below it) just isn't worth it.

As for me, I simply have to take the risks, because my social life is not functioning the why it should.
Being only 161cm, less then 7 percent of women are shorter then me and they typically want guys up to 180cm, because they feel inferior themselves - good look finding your soul-mate!
Lengthening by 6cm on tibia (to a height of 167cm) will make me taller then 1/3 of the ladies. Suddenly, every 3th women could be the right one for me - that's a life changer!

Respect from other men @ 161cm is virtually zero. I'm absolutely not considered or treated equally, even if I'm right, have better ideas or arguments.
People have been making fun of my very short appearance since I was a teenager and I hate it, but will they stop? No, because they don't respect me.
I'm feeling stressed when I have to go to crowded places like discos or concerts for all I can see is other peoples' torsos. I can't see anything and nobody sees me.
Going from 161cm to 167cm and then to 170cm (exactly 5"7') would elevate me to the aforementioned zone of respect of the 180-guys and I would not go down in crowded places that much anymore.

So, as you can see, your situation and mine cannot be compared.

Hi alu  :)

Image "3-4" entails 5cm tibia (instead of 6cm) and 3cm femur (instead of 4cm) and is showing my proportions at 169cm.
I hoped that I would look much more proportionate compared to 171cm, but now that you have pointed out my (very?) short arms as the culprits, I will do 6cm tibs and 3cm femurs (= 170 or 5"7').
Personally, I can't see my arms being short by that much, just a little, but that might be because I've stared at them for to long and got used to it.
Well, but that's why I'm here. Everything is appreciated  :)

To everyone:
Are my short arms really that much obvious to you guys? How much do you think I should lengthen my arms? 3cm like my femurs?
Then I will try to make yet another mockup @170cm with longer arms.
Thanks.

I can totally understand you man. I never felt disrespect becaue of my height of 171. And I can understand why you feel not respected from others... There is an inner part in us (Me included) that look at VERY SHORT men like they are inferior or something. It's not in your head.. It's really there.

About the short arms, I think we notice it since we are looking for it. Not sure someone will notice them. Take a look at trump that had a super successful life even though he have short arms and super small hands... No body really gives a fk
I learned some stuff during this time

chineseguy

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »

Chris

3 to 4 is also good

dont lengthen arms,  nobody notice it unless you did >8 to10 cm.   I am 167 cm and my brother is 175cm  ( 14 yrs old)   dad is 173 cm.  Cousin is 175cm. i always wear 4 cm shoe pad. plus airmax hi cut (many here in china).   No body notice my arms.I also have 6 cm pad bought saturday . I wear it a while ago making me with cousin same height. they dont notice arms of me but if look to it,  i have shorter arms to cousin by 2 to 3cm.     My family said it cannot be notice.   Wait, modify, brother is 177 cm now

In short, no one notice arms unless do too much. But the main thing is recovery.   That is the question

CCMidwest

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 01:30:34 PM »

I've never felt disrespected by men and I am 171-172

5'7 is a good height, it really is.

Men like the OP are the reason this thing exists, and this surgery serves a practical purpose to them. At a certain height (which we could debate all day) is when the "cosmetic" part of this applies.

If I was 161, I would do whatever it took to get this done.
5'7.5

czvw

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 09:44:00 PM »

Being disrespected if you have a normal size, like 1,71 , its not likely to happen because of your height. 

dvan0

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 09:53:00 PM »

Mainly i want to increase my confidence and increase my career prospects.  Ive never thougt about using height to increase my dating prospects as any girl who dicriminates you on height isnt worth the time.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 10:02:53 PM »

3 is the best one. 4 and 5 would be too much and 2 makes your femurs too long.

Cheez

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 01:03:12 PM »

3 and 4 are the best ones.

5 still works well enough though. Just a little bit leggy, but nothing anybody would notice in daily life..

Wish you the best of luck on your LL journey... :)

LLCaptain

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 01:14:09 PM »

Ive never thougt about using height to increase my dating prospects as any girl who dicriminates you on height isnt worth the time.

I propose a bullsh1t button, so members can rate this kind of comment. I give you a 10/10 for maximum smelly poo poo

LL2022

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 01:19:29 PM »

Mainly i want to increase my confidence and increase my career prospects.  Ive never thougt about using height to increase my dating prospects as any girl who dicriminates you on height isnt worth the time.

So girls who discriminate on height isn't worth the time but careers/jobs is?

You're at a perfect height, it's above or at average in the majority of countries on this planet... I can't imagine any proffesion that would turn you down because you're 177cm. The confidence part though, I can understand.
Currently 168,5 cm - Goal -> 4,5 cm - 5 cm Tibias in Turkey

PrettyTall

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2016, 10:49:43 PM »

Hallo Chris Ich hoffe  dass es euch gut geht , ich glaube die dritte is sehr gut  by

Chris

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2016, 08:29:04 PM »

Hallo Chris Ich hoffe  dass es euch gut geht , ich glaube die dritte is sehr gut  by
:o okay...
I'm fine, thanks. Still 7 moth to go till I can finally have my first LL surgery  :)
I'm a real LL-patient.

PrettyTall

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 09:33:40 AM »

:o okay...
I'm fine, thanks. Still 7 moth to go till I can finally have my first LL surgery  :)

Why the  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up