Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stryde vs LATN vs pure external for tibia - nerve damange/permanenet pain  (Read 813 times)

I keep reading here and there, now and then about the (apparently) higher possibility of nerve damage resulting in permanent knee pain for internal and LATN compared to pure external (for tibia), but have never heard anything conclusive some say there is statistical and/or empirical proof some say it is BS, can anybody provide some thorough and detailed guidance? thank you so much.

raku

I keep reading here and there, now and then about the (apparently) higher possibility of nerve damage resulting in permanent knee pain for internal and LATN compared to pure external (for tibia), but have never heard anything conclusive some say there is statistical and/or empirical proof some say it is BS, can anybody provide some thorough and detailed guidance? thank you so much.

According to Dr. Yasser in Cyprus,
 he offers and his thoughts on the knee problem issue with LON/LATN/internal tibias and this was his reply.

"Yes, Precise 2. I do in my center in Cyprus as it is not available yet outside USA and
You are right about pain after tibial nailing, however, my master degree was about that and I personally do not split the patellar tendon at all to introduce the nail to avoid this chronic pain problem. I remove it laterally using a special tool till I introduce the nail then return it again to its place. Generally, I like more external for tibia while more internal for Femoral bone."

Dr. Parihar, expert in tibia construction, would also prefer pure external than internal tibia. If using Precice nail he would do it in femur.

Quote https://sites.google.com/site/cllrpatients/faqs/cosmeticlengthening

Dr. Franz also said about 15% knee pain chance with Lon/Latn/Internal In tibia. It could be found in Dr. Franz post in this forum.

Dr. Yasser worked with Dr. Paley and Dr. Catagni for many years, which could be found in Wikipedia And Dr. Li and Dr. Parihar just took part in Dr. Paley' training for 1year.

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1vi3X9AZOItHaleMQUSDQ1A
Less is more.
Maybe one cm up or down could not change your appearance.
But one cm more is definitely do harm to joint than one cm less.
English is not my first language.

wannagrowtaller

Go for it

takura

The best way to prevent complication is to not have an internal rod placed inside your leg

To this day illazarov is still the safest way to lengthen the legs but obviously patients want to get out of frames fast.

IwannaBeTaller

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8990026

So this tells us that the knee pain is partially or even completely relieved in a significant number of people who had their nails removed after consolidation. Is this also true for internal LL ?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

raku

So this tells us that the knee pain is partially or even completely relieved in a significant number of people who had their nails removed after consolidation. Is this also true for internal LL ?
Precice nail in femur is implanted from hip. No petella cutting.
Less is more.
Maybe one cm up or down could not change your appearance.
But one cm more is definitely do harm to joint than one cm less.
English is not my first language.
Pages: [1]   Go Up