Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Doing LL Surgery  (Read 28798 times)

paco

• Visitor
Anyone Doing LL Surgery
« on: March 08, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »

hello
I m doing ll this surgery, i'm considering doctor salameh in germany and doctor donghoo lee in seul.
my goal is 5,5 cm

forex

• Visitor
Re: Anyone Doing LL Surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 11:12:44 PM »

Hi I have landed on Dr Jamal

LittleLiam

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 01:51:38 AM »

I am going to get 5-7 on my femurs with Lon and discussing with ronne in Beijing for aug operation.

Folks have suggested Jamal but this appears more expensive than china.

Cheers

180orbust

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 12:45:41 AM »

I am, dr. rozbruch in late june/early july

MAN-OF-STEEL

• It's not an S
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 06:07:47 AM »

I am with Betz in Sept or Oct depending on my work schedule

lookalpha

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »

Hello fellow people of the forum,
A little bit of info about myself. I am a 17 year old Asian male (turning 18 in December) from Australia seriously looking into getting this procedure done next year. My parents are going to give me 30k as a present for the 6 month 'gap year' I'm taking next year, and with this money and additional loan from the bank, I am going to get Limb Lengthening done. My reasons being is that out of the boys that I hang out with, I am the shortest of the lot. Each one of them being least 5 10" and buff, I can't help but feel inferior and like the manlet of the group when we go out. Also, I believe that being taller would greatly improve my love life, as although many of the people I know deem me as attractive, I feel like utter   when a random girl chooses someone else who is ugly but tall (no offense intended) when we're out at social events.

My current canditates for the operation include Dr Mitkovic, Dr Jamal and Dr Guichet. Though, I probably will not have enough money to afford Dr Guichet by the year 2015.
My question to you guys is anyone getting surgery done next year? If so, where? I would love to get people's insight onto this, and potentially make a 'limb lengthening buddy' to share accommodation expenses and the lonely road of LL.

Keep Growing

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 01:33:33 PM »

Hi Alpha,
I'm in Australia at the moment (moved here to save money for the surgery) and I know how you feel. However, I saw a lot of guys from different cultures here being even shorter then I am and dealing quite ok with it but generally people are tall here.
I also managed to pick up a few girls since I arrived but it's the quality that scared me away  ::)
As I'm from an European country I would recommend Guitchet. Having in mind the situation in Ukraine and that you cannot afford Guichet you would be left with Mitkovic for 2015. I'm really curious about his internal device.
If I were you I would wait a few more years to save the necessary money amount for a good option.
Also bare in mind that you will have to fly for almost 30h disabled. I also planned to go Jamal and then come back but it's not an easy thing to do and also the situation in Ukraine made me to postpone.
If things get back to normal in Ukraine I may go to Jamal in 2016...maybe he will offer an discount to attract patients after the situation settles.

PS: Have you tried contacting a doctor in Australia ? I've found surgeons in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne
who perform LL surgery but I don't know if they do it for cosmetic purposes.

Übermensch

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »

Hi orlandoflorida!

I will be doing LL during summer with Dr. Guichet

I'm leaving to Milan in the end of May,
* doing training in the Isokinetic center for one month,
* then surgery,
* then lenghtening for 2 months,
* and back in September 2014.

If there is someone with similar timeline, please reply or send me a PM!

I will be on my own in Milan so it would be great to have someone to share this experience, specially for the psychological/motivational part.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 08:08:42 AM »

Either Dr Parihar or Dr Talwar this year for sure. I was supposed to have done it in December but got postponed first due to my landlord selling our place and having to find a new place to move at a moment's notice, then postponed again due to a project that sprung up at work suddenly.
Mm
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

lookalpha

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 08:27:05 AM »

Hey Keep Growing,
I get where you're coming from, Australia is indeed a very culturally mixed place. However, I myself am extremely attracted to white women (don't know why) and it's hard for me to compete when the only issue in my well being is height (I'm pretty buff). Might I ask where are you currently staying in Australia? And when exactly do you plan on getting this surgery done?

And to your question, no I have not tried contacting any doctors. I've checked the prices and they range form 80k-100k, well out of my financial reach.

Adriano

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 10:10:58 AM »

Hi Guys

Lots guys here from Australia.

Im in Melbourne and I am having LL in October 2014.

Internal femur in India or Russia as I cant afford the upper class doctors.

Keep Growing

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »

Hey, I'm in Melbourne as well :).
Internal femur in India or Russia? Which doctors? I'm not aware of doctors offering internals in these countries but I would like to learn about them.
@lookalpha: I'm looking at 2016 for my surgery. I was thinking about Dr. Franz in South Africa or Dr. Jamal in Ukraine as it is somehow close to home but I don't trust Precice reliability now and Ukraine is a dangerous place to be disabled. Hopefully in two years time things will get back to normal.

lookalpha

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 10:30:40 PM »

@KeepGrowing
Why don't you trust the PRECISE method? That's the method I'll be using for my femurs as it has the lowest risk of complication and will allow you to return to your life in the shortest amount of time.

Sweden

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »

@KeepGrowing
Why don't you trust the PRECISE method? That's the method I'll be using for my femurs as it has the lowest risk of complication and will allow you to return to your life in the shortest amount of time.

It most certainly don't have the lowest risk of complications.
There are a few reports on it malfunctioning already.

I'd recommend the Guichet nail personally.

-------------------

I would love to do my femurs next year. 5cm for a healthy gain.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

onedayillgrow

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 11:16:51 PM »

Hi everyone, i have a question please. I would have asked this elsewhere but i don't want to waste an entire thread on it. I am currently 164-165 cm tall. I just consider myself 5'5" though. Yea so basically my long term plan which i currently have set is to gain 4 - 5 inches in two surgeries and get to about 5'9'' - 5'10'', through external tibs (5.5 cm or 6 cm) and internal femurs (6 cm). I have a pretty long torso (20 inches or so i think) and my wingspan is about 174 cm. I just have very short legs :( My sister of slightly shorter height has longer tibs than mine by a few cm.

Now i have read from many patients experiences that after the first surgery, they pretty much get over their height dysphoria and don't plan on continuing so my question to you is which surgery should i do first if i decide not to continue lengthening. Like which one will be most beneficial for me in terms of gait, least amount of pain, aesthetics and recovery? I am personally leaning on femurs because if i do continue with surgery (MOST LIKELY) i would like to get the easiest part done first so i can strengthen it and get my body ready for Tibiae lengthening. Thank you in advance.

Sweden

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 12:04:48 AM »

1 surgery: tibias

2 surgeries: femur first.

Just my personal opinion, but your femurs are already longer than your tibias. Tibias can look extremely short after lengthening femurs only.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

KrP1

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 12:19:14 AM »

I will have LL surgery in 2015. Probably in May

KrP1

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 12:20:45 AM »

Hi Guys

Lots guys here from Australia.

Im in Melbourne and I am having LL in October 2014.

Internal femur in India or Russia as I cant afford the upper class doctors.

What doctors in russia and india do internal femur? And what prices?

Keep Growing

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 12:43:28 AM »

What doctors in russia and india do internal femur? And what prices?

I'm also curious about this?

@ lookalpha: What doctors have you found offering Precice in India or Russia?

As Sweden mentioned there were a few problems with the Precice nail lately...I however believe this problem is with Precice 2 nail and Precice 1 seems a good option. Regardless I'm looking to do my femur and (you my laugh) only lengthen between 3,5-5 cm. The reason for this is that I'm very well proportionated and skinny and if I go above 5 cm I'll look weird. I just want to do the surgery and move on but I cannot afford in a developed country.
There are also problems with Jamal nail/technique as it requires a lot of surgeries and things don't seem to work first time...it seem like a nail/method that is not precice. The good part is that complications are included in the price but you have to cope with the additional stress.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:47:18 AM by Keep Growing »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 12:46:14 AM »

Dr Parihar is the only doctor who plans to offer Precice in India at the moment. You could probably ask Dr Chaudhary as he has apparently done internal ISKD before. Some haven't had such a good experience with him though.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:00:13 AM by Kilokahn »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Adriano

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 02:27:28 AM »

Dr Parihar is the only doctor who plans to offer Precice in India at the moment.

Very interesting.
Can you shed more light on this statement.
When might he offer it? and for how much?

TRS

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 04:27:44 AM »

Very interesting.
Can you shed more light on this statement.
When might he offer it? and for how much?

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=87.30

I asked him about the price but I am still waiting for his reply

iwanttobetall

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 06:18:15 AM »

Is anyone going with Dr. Mitkovik in Serbia in 2014-2015?

We can share places! PM me please :)

Caribe

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 04:49:08 AM »

Hi orlandoflorida!

I will be doing LL during summer with Dr. Guichet

I'm leaving to Milan in the end of May,
* doing training in the Isokinetic center for one month,
* then surgery,
* then lenghtening for 2 months,
* and back in September 2014.

If there is someone with similar timeline, please reply or send me a PM!

I will be on my own in Milan so it would be great to have someone to share this experience, specially for the psychological/motivational part.

Hi Ubermensch

I want to do surgery at the beginning of July or august at latest in Milan.
I had already done the 1st consultation in march with Dr Guichet.
So, we will probably meet.
Where will you be staying? How did you find place to stay during LL?
One think it bothers me is looking a place for accommodation since I would really like to find a place in Palestro area where Isokinetic Center is, but there not many places offered at this moment. ( I think one thing Guichet is behind Betz is in accommodation. In Germany they have Liborius Residence which I visited and met other LL patients which were in very good condition and happy. I think staying with other LL patients and helping each other eases the way during the hard period of LL. I wish Dr Guichet had an option like that.
Whish you the best in your LL journey.

Übermensch

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 12:34:08 PM »

Hi Caribe!

It's great to know of someone in Milan at the same time!
I'm just starting with logistics.
I was thinking of renting a room in Milan, I will try to schedule some places to see while I'm still in my home country.
I know that there is a new Isokinetic center in via Morimondo, I will be cheeking with them if it is possible to do the training and the PT there, because its away from the center and will probably be easier and cheaper to find a place to stay in that area.
Its funny how Dr. Guichet realizes that the motivation and psychological game is extremely important in ll, but at the same time he seems to forget that team spirit is one of the best ways for achieving that. Well, at least since he moved to Milan, because in Marseille there was the Calpyso that filled that gap.
I actually ask Dr. Guichet some days ago to share my contacts with patients with the same period because sharing a place to stay was also something that I had as an option.
And you, how much are you lengthening?
How has been your physical (flexibility, muscle training) preparation?
You are training at your country or going to Milan for training?
Feel free to pm if you rather.
I wish the best for you too! :)

iwanttobetall

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 09:25:15 AM »

Hey guys, I'm almost sure that I'll go with Dr. Mitkovic later in the year and I'm wondering who's interested in LL with him in similar time.

PM me if you want :)

gettingtaller

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 03:17:20 PM »

It most certainly don't have the lowest risk of complications.
There are a few reports on it malfunctioning already.

I'd recommend the Guichet nail personally.

-------------------

I would love to do my femurs next year. 5cm for a healthy gain.

I know some of you guys are suspicious of Betz but from my own experience I would recommend him strongly. I've  met lots of his patients since having my surgery in February and almost all of them have had a very good outcome.   
Did internal femurs with Prof. Betz in February 2014.
Goal 9cm, but ended up doing 10 (whoohoo). Now off crutches and walking funny, but getting better quickly.

programdude

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 09:39:15 PM »

What do you mean almost all? With something as serious as LL anything but 100 percent satisfaction is pretty bad.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

gettingtaller

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 10:14:18 PM »

What do you mean almost all? With something as serious as LL anything but 100 percent satisfaction is pretty bad.

LL is a serious procedure that takes months/years to complete. The responsibility for a good outcome is as much on the patient as it is on the surgeon.  I stayed with betz for one month before returning home to lengthen. Betz has done his job and its mostly down to me now to obey his guidelines and continue the procedure.  If I start jumping then I risk fracture, if i start walking without crutches I risk nail fatigue, if I walk on snow/ice then I risk falling and breaking nails or causing fracture, if I'm lazy and stay in bed all day I risk non-union, if I don't do regular physio I'll get wide as hell legs, bad duck ass and I will feel like   and tire from even the shortest walks which will ultimately prolong my recovery. From my perspective, betz is great because even though I'm at home, he's always there if I need him. We've exchanged SMSs at 4am, he's cancelled vacation to see me to get me through a clicking problem I had (I have very fast consolidation in my left left) and it's the same with his other patients. Until betz I never met a surgeon that came to visit his patients EVERY DAY including Sundays. Thus, in my view a good surgeon will be there for you to minimise the risks, and to help you through any issues but he cannot guarantee anything especially since every patient has a completely different physiology - rate of healing, pain levels, flexibility, strength of mind etc etc.

The one bad case I saw was a tib patient that had not consolidated after 8months. I realised why when I shared a hospital room with him - he barely got out of bed to go to the bathroom, let alone walk, be active and motivate callus growth.

Expecting 100% perfect outcome from any surgeon is unrealistic in my opinion.
Goal 9cm, but ended up doing 10 (whoohoo). Now off crutches and walking funny, but getting better quickly.

Hanna84

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 10:59:36 PM »

LL is a serious procedure that takes months/years to complete. The responsibility for a good outcome is as much on the patient as it is on the surgeon.  I stayed with betz for one month before returning home to lengthen. Betz has done his job and its mostly down to me now to obey his guidelines and continue the procedure.  If I start jumping then I risk fracture, if i start walking without crutches I risk nail fatigue, if I walk on snow/ice then I risk falling and breaking nails or causing fracture, if I'm lazy and stay in bed all day I risk non-union, if I don't do regular physio I'll get wide as hell legs, bad duck ass and I will feel like s**t and tire from even the shortest walks which will ultimately prolong my recovery. From my perspective, betz is great because even though I'm at home, he's always there if I need him. We've exchanged SMSs at 4am, he's cancelled vacation to see me to get me through a clicking problem I had (I have very fast consolidation in my left left) and it's the same with his other patients. Until betz I never met a surgeon that came to visit his patients EVERY DAY including Sundays. Thus, in my view a good surgeon will be there for you to minimise the risks, and to help you through any issues but he cannot guarantee anything especially since every patient has a completely different physiology - rate of healing, pain levels, flexibility, strength of mind etc etc.

The one bad case I saw was a tib patient that had not consolidated after 8months. I realised why when I shared a hospital room with him - he barely got out of bed to go to the bathroom, let alone walk, be active and motivate callus growth.

Expecting 100% perfect outcome from any surgeon is unrealistic in my opinion.

I made the same experience as gettingtaller. :-) Dr. Betz is a great doctor and if I will do my Tibias one day, than I would choose him, again.
Starting height: 1,58m
Goal: 1,65m
OP: 31.10.2013

Finished lengthening: 28.02.2014 Achieved: 9cm :-)  New height: 1,67cm :-)

gettingtaller

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 12:53:21 AM »

1 surgery: tibias

2 surgeries: femur first.

Just my personal opinion, but your femurs are already longer than your tibias. Tibias can look extremely short after lengthening femurs only.

I agree with the proportion point that Sweden makes, however internal femurs will give you more height with the least risk and fastest healing if you're just doing one surgery.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up