Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibias and Femurs  (Read 1216 times)

haveahappyday

• Visitor
Tibias and Femurs
« on: October 25, 2017, 10:38:44 AM »

Hey guys, so I've been planning LL for a while now and I plan on doing it next year. I calculated and I have the money, but what do you guys think about 3.5cm on the tibias and 4.5cm on femurs, one right after the next. What do you think the rough estimate for recovery would be, and will I be able to get back into mild athletic activities within a year? Thank you
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:08:59 AM by haveahappyday »

lldude

Re: Tibias and Femurs
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:43:39 AM »

Honestly, you might as well go for 7.5 to 8cm on your femurs. Different people experience the surgery and it's physical and psychological effects differently. After the first surgery you might decide you never want to go through something similar ever again, or you might go through it painlessly and effortlessly and decide that you are ready for another one; it's hard to plan for that in advance.

haveahappyday

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:05:43 PM »

Is it even physically possible to do the surgeries simultaneously. Like two months from the first surgery you do the next set of bones for lengthening?

Bleda

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 12:18:37 PM »

Is it even physically possible to do the surgeries simultaneously. Like two months from the first surgery you do the next set of bones for lengthening?

Yes. Read Iamready's diary on here. He did just that.

I wouldn't recommend doing 8cm on one segment due to aesthetics, bio-mechanics and recovery. However 2 surgeries is time and money most people can't afford.   

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 07:54:49 PM »

Yes, but fat embol can be your Friend, so better stay healthy. The recommended thing said by docs, not me, becuase some people cant understand that difference is that the two surgeries are done in a time o more a year, you do one, wait one year And go for the Next .
Budget will determine my future.

metsfan644

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 09:10:09 PM »

i think you should wait 6-12 months between surgeries. of course, you want to recover as quickly as possible, but i don't think you should rush it by having two surgeries too close together. you'll be taking a bunch of opiods (potential for addiction if taken for long periods of time and liver damage) after each surgery and your body will be under lots of mental and physical stress, so if money isn't an issue, stagger the surgeries.
Pre-cll, 167.6cm height, 175.24cm wingspan Will get surgery in approximately 5 years: 5cm on tibs and 6cm on fibs with precice

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 03:32:46 AM »

i think you should wait 6-12 months between surgeries. of course, you want to recover as quickly as possible, but i don't think you should rush it by having two surgeries too close together. you'll be taking a bunch of opiods (potential for addiction if taken for long periods of time and liver damage) after each surgery

I'd rather overlap the recovery periods and take opioids for 3 months, than have two surgeries and take opioids for 6 months.

and your body will be under lots of mental and physical stress

This is individual preference but I'd rather be under a lot of stress for 3 months then be done with it, than dread another surgery in 6 months, with another downtime from life, another recovery period, another period of seeking employment etc.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up