Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Wannabegiants tibial lengthening in Moscow, Dr. Bagirov  (Read 164079 times)

yudha

• Visitor
Re: Wannabegiants tibial lengthening in Moscow, Dr. Bagirov
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »

hi wannabegiants...i read your diary and you mentioned that you prescribed blood thinning pills...other patient KILOKAHN with dr mangal in india doesnt get it, from what i read on internet blood thinner is required to avoid blood cloth which is a very dangerous complication if occur...i would like to know what kind of blood thinner you'd given and at what cost because i want to go to india for surgery since i can't stand cold weather....i want to ask KILO also why he doesnt given this med by the dr....thanks, i wish you have successful journey...

Wannabegiant

« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2014, 12:01:54 AM »

hi wannabegiants...i read your diary and you mentioned that you prescribed blood thinning pills...other patient KILOKAHN with dr mangal in india doesnt get it, from what i read on internet blood thinner is required to avoid blood cloth which is a very dangerous complication if occur...i would like to know what kind of blood thinner you'd given and at what cost because i want to go to india for surgery since i can't stand cold weather....i want to ask KILO also why he doesnt given this med by the dr....thanks, i wish you have successful journey...

Hi Yudha, im sorry but i do not know the names of the painkillers i used, since they had russian names and they use a different alphabet. they where included in the daily price for staying at the clinic, and when it was time to go home to continue lengthening, i bought a few packs of them (2 i think) along with lots of other medicines. So i dont know the specific price. But considering how much meds i got for the combined price i dont think they where expensive at all.

yudha

• Visitor
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2014, 11:48:39 PM »

are you sure blood thinners is included or it is just pain killers and other thing? as i know blood thinners is expensive that may be reason some dr don't give it to their patients...

Wannabegiant

« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2014, 12:05:18 AM »

are you sure blood thinners is included or it is just pain killers and other thing? as i know blood thinners is expensive that may be reason some dr don't give it to their patients...

I know it was blood thinners, because they told me what all the medicine was used for with the help of a translator. In fact i had 2 kinds of pills for a similar purpose. One of them was specifically blood thinning, which i took one every morning and one before going to bed so 2 every day. The other one was specifically against thrombosis and i only took one of those every day, at lunch time.

Not sure why they give you 2 types of tablets for such similar purposes at this clinic but i didnt question it. i dont used them anymore though, i ran out around the same time i was starting consolidation phase, but i didnt need them from there on out.

Moubgf

« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2014, 01:25:45 AM »

Wannabe,

How was the energy in your body it must have been to much to sit still majority of the day in the bed or wheelchair. i notice that on myself if i sit still for more than a day my body starts to ache and i feel minor migrane.

And you went 4+ months like that. I would have needed alot of weed fo dat.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2014, 02:04:34 AM »

Wannabe,

How was the energy in your body it must have been to much to sit still majority of the day in the bed or wheelchair. i notice that on myself if i sit still for more than a day my body starts to ache and i feel minor migrane.

And you went 4+ months like that. I would have needed alot of weed fo dat.

The first month after the surgery i didnt move much, took around 3 walks (5-10 min of walking each session) per day. I didnt have the energy for much else and there was discomfort sitting down, so i ended up laying flat on my back most of the days.

after that i got more and more energy, and i started to feel the muscle atrophy which made me have to move around more to get away from the discomfort momentarily.

The last 3 months i have had as much energy as i had pre surgery, i dont get tired from walking, my legs could get warm and tense some times after walking a lot, but i recovered fast by relaxing for 10-30 seks every now and then. Now my legs feel so good that i am only limited by the mobility (i can walk fast without warm up now) but i am still not as cordinated as before the surgery,and i dont think i can jump or run yet though. But i certainly would have the energy for it.

I end up being restless often without anything to do these days so i walk around for many minutes every now and then just thinking about random stuff.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2014, 02:24:10 AM »

What was it like going through the airport with the frames on? Were you in a wheelchair being wheeled around? Did they check you, did you skip the queues?
How did you board the plane with the wheelchair, assuming you were in a wheelchair.

I worry about having to go home with the frames still on, was the process of going through customs, boarding the plane and so forth hard? How would you describe it?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2014, 02:31:53 AM »

What was it like going through the airport with the frames on? Were you in a wheelchair being wheeled around? Did they check you, did you skip the queues?
How did you board the plane with the wheelchair, assuming you were in a wheelchair.

I worry about having to go home with the frames still on, was the process of going through customs, boarding the plane and so forth hard? How would you describe it?

I think i mentioned this in my diary several times already :p

anyway it wasnt bad, some service dude would wheel me through the airport and yes i got to skip the queues. I handed over my passport at the same places as a normal person would though, but i didnt have to go through the metal detector, only my hand bagagge went through there.

They left me at the gate and arrived again about 15 minutes before it was time to board the plane, on the trip back i got to board first. On the trip back for checkup and that return flight, i had to wait and board last. It depended on what seat i had.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2014, 03:21:59 AM »

Ahh sorry about that  :) It was actually me who asked it too? I must have forgotten lol, silly me  :'(
So what happens to the wheelchair once you're on your seat? They just put it somewhere on the plane? lol

Wannabegiant

« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »

Ahh sorry about that  :) It was actually me who asked it too? I must have forgotten lol, silly me  :'(
So what happens to the wheelchair once you're on your seat? They just put it somewhere on the plane? lol

They help you switch to a smaller version of a wheelchair when you are about to get on the plane, so the normal wheelchair is left at the airport. This small version is able to get through in the middle of the plane between the seats. After that they take it out of the plane as well, doesnt really matter because you get a similar one on the way off the plane when you have landed.

yudha

• Visitor
« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2014, 03:29:04 AM »

what about your own wheelchair...they take it out from you so you lost it? the smaller wheelchair they give to you can you bring it home or you have to buy the new one? i think you lost money some around 22 dollar hehhee...

Wannabegiant

« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2014, 09:52:57 AM »

what about your own wheelchair...they take it out from you so you lost it? the smaller wheelchair they give to you can you bring it home or you have to buy the new one? i think you lost money some around 22 dollar hehhee...

The airports have their own wheelchairs that you are allowed to borrow  :) I never bought a wheelchair.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #229 on: August 05, 2014, 03:13:33 PM »

hang in there my friends! good luck. Soon it will be all just a memory
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

tapemeasure

« Reply #230 on: August 05, 2014, 04:30:08 PM »

Hey OP, seems like the operation and recovery went well. Were there any complications involved? Was recovery really painful?

Does the doctor do slightly bigger lengthening? (6-7cm) What's the maximum length increase he will do in 1 operation?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #231 on: August 05, 2014, 04:40:59 PM »

hang in there my friends! good luck. Soon it will be all just a memory

Well said my friend! I cant wait until i can leave all this behind me..

Wannabegiant

« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »

Hey OP, seems like the operation and recovery went well. Were there any complications involved? Was recovery really painful?

Does the doctor do slightly bigger lengthening? (6-7cm) What's the maximum length increase he will do in 1 operation?

They dont recommend going over 6 cm, but you are allowed to do it i think. Crimson did. i can tell you that it isnt worth it to do that much, you will sacrifice athleticism, recovery time and proportions doing 8 cm.

I only had a small infection but it hurt a lot and prevented me from bending my knee for a while. But nothing serious. Right now i have no issues and just need to wait to get frames removed in probably 2 months. Also day by day my walking gets more relaxed and coordinated. I can already walk and make it look quite normal, but i have to concentrate a bit to do it.

tapemeasure

« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2014, 06:59:06 PM »

They dont recommend going over 6 cm, but you are allowed to do it i think. Crimson did. i can tell you that it isnt worth it to do that much, you will sacrifice athleticism, recovery time and proportions doing 8 cm.

I only had a small infection but it hurt a lot and prevented me from bending my knee for a while. But nothing serious. Right now i have no issues and just need to wait to get frames removed in probably 2 months. Also day by day my walking gets more relaxed and coordinated. I can already walk and make it look quite normal, but i have to concentrate a bit to do it.
Cool, thanks I will go for 6cm if I do end up choosing this particular doctor. Glad it went mostly ok for you. :)

Wannabegiant

« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2014, 12:05:01 AM »

Cool, thanks I will go for 6cm if I do end up choosing this particular doctor. Glad it went mostly ok for you. :)

Yeah good idea, and thanks. However just so you are aware, there is a risk that this clinic doesnt allow patients to lengthen at home anymore, due to a certain other patient not following instructions....im not sure they have this policy 100% now, but i got a PM from another user that told me that when he was going to arrange a time with the clinic they said he couldnt lengthen at home because of this.

So i hope they change their minds because they would lost many clients doing that business model, hopefully you can convince them otherwise if you wish to lengthen at home.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2014, 06:59:43 AM »

Wow really, do you by any chance know how much they charge to stay in the hospital/clinic?

tapemeasure

« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2014, 12:43:59 AM »

Been doing some more research into this. Why is Bagirov so cheap compared to other doctors? Is there something I'm missing?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2014, 01:00:23 AM »

Been doing some more research into this. Why is Bagirov so cheap compared to other doctors? Is there something I'm missing?

You only get 5-6 days to stay in the clinic included with the price for the surgery, most other surgeons offer you to stay like 3 months more or less included with their price for surgery.

There are some options in India that are similar in price to Bagirov. Also Dr Mitcovic had a similar price before.

tapemeasure

« Reply #238 on: August 07, 2014, 02:04:30 AM »

Thanks, yes that makes sense now.

Been reading some more of the thread and this got me very intrigued.

Ive been asked that a lot. The main reasons is that i know i will be satisfied with myself at that height (178 cm), it will be much easier to hide the truth from my friends with a smaller height gain, and also because i wont have to be hide from them for as long. I dont want to risk getting weird proportions either, and i want to have a higher chance of achieving full recovery.

But i can understand why people think one should get as much as possible from such a huge sacrifice of time, money and effort that is LL.

But from my point of view, with gaining 4 cms, i already will have to wear the frames for a minimun 5 months in total (including lengthening phase) and that means no partying, no sex etc for the entire period. summer will be ruined since i cant swim and wear shorts among other things, and i will always have to be cautious when outside and meeting friends because they might notice the frames under my trousers, or they might bump into me and find out.

I wouldnt want to increase that period with even one month or more just to be maybe 1 cm taller than the 4 cm i planned on.

I also intend to intensively try out taking glucosamine sulphate once i enter the consolidation phase, and probably permanently after im healed. I have heard of people getting as much as 3 cms of height after some months of taking the pills every day. How much you can gain from this probably varies from individuals but it has been confirmed to give some height at least, also it is gained in the spine so it will counter balance the proportions i get from this surgery a bit.

I honestly can't believe I've never heard of this possible height increasing supplement before until now. I read some more here http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2014/02/20/non-prescription-supplement-scientifically-proven-make-grow-taller-even-closed-growth-plates/ and it can increase your height by potentially up to 3cm like you say. Did you notice any difference with these? I really want to try it out.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:14:53 AM by tapemeasure »

Wannabegiant

« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2014, 02:28:49 AM »

Thanks, yes that makes sense now.

Been reading some more of the thread and this got me very intrigued.

I honestly can't believe I've never heard of this possible height increasing supplement before until now. I read some more here http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2014/02/20/non-prescription-supplement-scientifically-proven-make-grow-taller-even-closed-growth-plates/ and it can increase your height by potentially up to 3cm like you say. Did you notice any difference with these? I really want to try it out.

I havent tried them actually yet, i read some pubmed study that suggested it could potentially slow down consolidation of fractures, so i decided to wait with them until after im done.

Now the 3 cm gain is mostly just hear-say, not confirmed. There have been some posters online claiming they gained that, but who knows maybe they measured wrong or something. I do think anyone who takes it can expect to gain a mm or two at least.

Overdozer

« Reply #240 on: August 07, 2014, 02:58:08 AM »

Dem magic pills, lol.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Wannabegiant

« Reply #241 on: August 09, 2014, 02:34:58 AM »

Made a big realisation these past 2 days..

Walking outside is much different from walking inside your home. I thought my walking was close to normal since walking on my house floor was so easy. But outside the uneven terrain and slopes and hills etc, make it a lot more difficult and the muscles have to work in different ways..

I took my first long walk outside on thursday and my cardio was no problem and my legs could handle it for quite a while but after maybe 20 mins they started to feel tense and the muscles around my knees became sore and also one of my ankles..

I recovered pretty fast though and the next day it felt very easy to walk on my floor again, like i had improved after pushing myself on that long walk the day before, so i took another walk and i could probably walk around the same distance again, although the ground was slightly more straight on the road i chose this time.

When i came home i felt like i did on thursday, but my left knee is very sore now (because of schlatters disease) and my right ankle too..

Im not nearly as recovered as i thought i was.. until i can walk decently outside it doesnt mean much to remove the frames, i will still look handicapped and people will know something is wrong.. I hope this improves a lot this next month though..

Sweden

« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2014, 09:27:11 AM »

Welcome to the reality of LL.

Try to walk bare feet on hard wood floor. That took me a very long time to walk normally on.

Immediately after frame removal go and see a physical therapist(sjukgymnast). He will show you some exercises you need to do to get back to normal.

I have been way too lazy to do it as I should but now when I can run again I've got back the spark in my life so I'm going to see my PT next Monday.

Try to eat water melon, coconut oil, chia seeds, avocado, walnuts, eggs, lemon and fish oil.
This will help you to build up strong bones again and your muscles will recover faster. The tendons need the fat to be lubricant. Lemon is for every day health :)
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2014, 09:54:36 AM »

Welcome to the reality of LL.

Try to walk bare feet on hard wood floor. That took me a very long time to walk normally on.

Immediately after frame removal go and see a physical therapist(sjukgymnast). He will show you some exercises you need to do to get back to normal.

I have been way too lazy to do it as I should but now when I can run again I've got back the spark in my life so I'm going to see my PT next Monday.

Try to eat water melon, coconut oil, chia seeds, avocado, walnuts, eggs, lemon and fish oil.
This will help you to build up strong bones again and your muscles will recover faster. The tendons need the fat to be lubricant. Lemon is for every day health :)

Thank you for the info :)

Yeah if i want to get back to normal anytime soon i better see a pt sooner rather than later..

Ive walked barefeet on hard wood floor plenty of times already, but i agree it feels way different and more stiff.. not nearly as bad as the slopes outdoors though  :-\

I also realised waking up today i have probably sprained my right ankle (or strained, not sure if it is tendon or muscle pain). Its on the outer side of the lower tibia end ball, close to the pins. I must have overexerted it, and now i can barely walk and have constant pain in it..fml

guess i might need a few days for it to heal.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »

I think the soreness is linked to loss of muscles and lack of strenuous activity. It should get better the more you build up fitness, it's like exercising again after not doing so for a long time.   Hope your recovery improves in the next month.

Yeah for sure, my ankle and knee muscles where not used to work on uneven terrain since i hadnt done that for so many months.. now i think i pushed myself to far to early..

I have a lot of pain in my right ankle now, i have to rest and use some ice..but i cant properly exercise until it heals..i hope this doesnt slow my consolidation down to much

Although on second thoughts.. i do think the pins i have at the ankle made it more painful and stressful for the muscles to walk on uneven terrain where the foot needs to bend sideways.. so it might not only be muscle weakness, its probably the frame itself which made it harder.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 01:13:41 PM by Wannabegiant »

jerry

« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »

Nice to catch up on your diary WBG.  I was thinking of Dr Bagriov at one point, having to do the lengthening on my own make it a non consideration for me.  Do you know what's the price and aftercare  for the guesthouse in Baku? 

Wannabegiant

« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2014, 02:40:55 PM »

Nice to catch up on your diary WBG.  I was thinking of Dr Bagriov at one point, having to do the lengthening on my own make it a non consideration for me.  Do you know what's the price and aftercare  for the guesthouse in Baku?

Hmm, they did recently claim that they dont want patients to lengthen at home, while i dont know the price in Baku, im quite sure the surgery price is cheaper, and the apartment in Baku (i dont think they have a guesthouse tbh) is a lot cheaper compared to the Moscow clinic.

Moubgf

« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »

wannabe..

How is your generall health. that is one of my biggest concerns. I have already lived a rather unhealhy lifestyle. And i figure if i was bedridden for 4-5 months with painkillers taken pretty much everyday. Not the best food and sleep. also STRESS on that. How are you holding up do you feel the same as before surgery or more worn up.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up