Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Wannabegiants tibial lengthening in Moscow, Dr. Bagirov  (Read 164046 times)

Taller

Re: Wannabegiants tibial lengthening in Moscow, Dr. Bagirov
« Reply #279 on: October 02, 2014, 11:31:52 AM »

You're lucky that you haven't had complications with your muscles and nerves and that you are predicted to make a full recovery. You're lucky that your journey has gone so smoothly thus far. Hang in there. This is the final stretch.

Overdozer

« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2014, 11:39:25 AM »

So how much time did you spent in externals overall and how much did you lengthen?
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Wannabegiant

« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2014, 11:40:45 AM »

You're lucky that you haven't had complications with your muscles and nerves and that you are predicted to make a full recovery. You're lucky that your journey has gone so smoothly thus far. Hang in there. This is the final stretch.

Yeah i know youre right but considering i made all the research i could a year in advance and followed all the instructions completely and never took any risks, i think i should be able to expect this level of recovery. However i was really unlucky in that i had my knee injury from before on my left leg, which prevented me from putting as much weight onto it during lengthening since my muscles around the knee where weakened. This is most likely the reason why it took much longer for the left leg to recover, as well as the fact that i added 2 mm extra there to fix the length discrepancy.

Im confident i would have been done maybe a month ago already if i didnt have that knee injury..and life is gonna be really stressful for the reminder of this year since this took much longer than expected..Im also not used to doing stuff since i havent done so in 7 months, i wonder how i will handle studies and stuff in the beginning of my return.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2014, 11:44:54 AM »

So how much time did you spent in externals overall and how much did you lengthen?

Ive been in these frames for 7 months now, i had surgery mars 01, and i lengthened 4.3 cm on my right leg and 4.5 cm on my left leg.

Considering some of the timeframes other patients have been done here, this is a failure in terms of consolidation speed. I have walked a lot and eaten very healthy food for majority of the time frame. But since my right leg was done a month ago that makes it obvious to me that it was my knee injury which made my left leg lag behind so much. So its more unlucky circumstances rather than genes which made it take so long.

Overdozer

« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »

Ive been in these frames for 7 months now, i had surgery mars 01
Heh, and my surgery was at April 5. So I've been in frames for almost 6 months. I've lengthened 7.5cm and I still have no idea, when will I be able to take them off, even though I have 'better than average consolidation rate'. Did you use any calcium supplements? Like osteogenon, I've heard it's better than CC.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Wannabegiant

« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »

Heh, and my surgery was at April 5. So I've been in frames for almost 6 months. I've lengthened 7.5cm and I still have no idea, when will I be able to take them off, even though I have 'better than average consolidation rate'. Did you use any calcium supplements? Like osteogenon, I've heard it's better than CC.

Yeah but arent you doing two segments? or are you planning to but havent started yet?

Anyway im very dissapointed with my timeframe, its looking to be 8 months because of my left leg, and that is way to long for 4.3 cm. I took calcium and vitamin D supplements every day and i had osteogenon for maybe a total of 3 months (i took one pill per day of those for as long as they lasted). Ate lots of fruit and vegetables, lots of protein (i only started taking protein powder shakes 4 months post op however, should have started sooner)

Im aware my doctor in russia before i did the surgery told me that 4 cm takes 6-9 months on average for their patients, but im aware of other patients completing this sooner. however as i said, unlike those patients i dont really need to be careful with my legs after frame removal, since they remove my frames after the bone is sufficiently healed for full weight bearing. So i at least dont have to worry about losing height or bending my bones.

Taller

« Reply #285 on: October 03, 2014, 12:28:58 AM »

How does your right leg feel without the frame on?

How does it look? How are your scars at this point?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #286 on: October 03, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »

How does your right leg feel without the frame on?

How does it look? How are your scars at this point?

My right leg feels pretty great actually, i mean im still a little to scared to walk normally with it even though the doctors claim its safe to do it, but i tried push down on it a few times and it feels very stable, i cannot "feel" the bone at all so it is like pre LL, no pain or anything. In terms of appearance, it looks normal, but its definitely on the longer side of tibias, at least for a guy my height, im sure nobody will notice anything though.

And as far as scars go, i havent seen the scar where they put the large pin (i still have a patch over there), but the ones under the knee look like some kind of pimples now, they are a bit large but when they fall of it will probably look like some small dark spot only, in fact it doesnt even look surgical to me at this point, pretty awesome.

Taller

« Reply #287 on: October 03, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »

Well that's great to hear! I'm glad that your LL has gone smoothly so far! I know it's been boring, and being pretty young myself, I do understand that for people in our age group patience can be one of the most difficult qualities to exhibit and truly appreciate , but you've really done a great job of being careful and your hard work will hopefully pay off really soon. You're definitely in the home stretch at this point.

How much has this whole procedure cost you up until this point?

And, yes, I agree that your tibiae would probably be long after 4.3CM but still within the normal range for your height. If you had done more than 5CM, they'd be longer than typical for your height, which can be pretty obvious when sitting down. That's why I'm going to do ~4,3CM on each segment myself. Long tibiae look pretty manly in my opinion, but they can quickly go from looking manly to unnatural if lengthened too much. It sounds like you hit the sweet spot, though.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #288 on: October 03, 2014, 09:12:40 AM »

Well that's great to hear! I'm glad that your LL has gone smoothly so far! I know it's been boring, and being pretty young myself, I do understand that for people in our age group patience can be one of the most difficult qualities to exhibit and truly appreciate , but you've really done a great job of being careful and your hard work will hopefully pay off really soon. You're definitely in the home stretch at this point.

How much has this whole procedure cost you up until this point?

And, yes, I agree that your tibiae would probably be long after 4.3CM but still within the normal range for your height. If you had done more than 5CM, they'd be longer than typical for your height, which can be pretty obvious when sitting down. That's why I'm going to do ~4,3CM on each segment myself. Long tibiae look pretty manly in my opinion, but they can quickly go from looking manly to unnatural if lengthened too much. It sounds like you hit the sweet spot, though.

Thanks and yeah i know what you mean in terms of patience. However in my case, it feels like ive waited all my teen years to finally be happy with myself and start living like my friends did for all their life so far. Long before height became a problem i had other problems happen to me during my teens.

one of the things that happened was that i fractured my nose when playing football when i was 14 years old (elbow to the face), and i ended up getting excess cartilage in it after it healed, and the doctor told me it would go away eventually by itself and he didnt want to do any procedure to remove it right away because i was still growing. However it didnt go away and i looked like some witch with a small bulge on the side of my nose (mostly visible from my right side), so hid my face when i met new people quite a lot and i felt ugly and insecure back then, and some people would make fun of my appearance. When i turned 18 i finally got it removed with a cortison injection and my life changed for the better, but still because of those years i didnt make a lot of new friends and people still remembered me as the shy passive guy who nobody payed attention to.

Those years sucked as i was depressed about it daily. When i turned 18 and my face got cleaned up, i got motivated to improve my overall appearance, but not long after that i realized i was shorter than average and i already was at a disadvantage because of my lack of positive reputation. I felt inferior to most of my friends because of this. But all that has improved over the years as i worked on my education and my social game, and started to meet new people. But i felt i could never reach where i wanted without the height gain. Now i have no obstacles left after LL is done.

Im not sure but the surgery was 6450 euro, and i went to russia twice, so the tickets where below 1000 swedish kr per flight, so 4 flights total. i also payed ca 1000 (a little less) swedish kr for the medicine bag for the lengthening phase. other than that i havent spent much else, getting x-rays is very cheap in Sweden and if you have a certain card where you get marks every time you visit, you eventually get almost a year of completely free health care whenever you visit. So i made use of that.

Yeah, i think if i added more my tibia would have looked to long, so i think 4.3 was the sweet spot.

GeTs

« Reply #289 on: October 03, 2014, 12:36:03 PM »

Thanks and yeah i know what you mean in terms of patience. However in my case, it feels like ive waited all my teen years to finally be happy with myself and start living like my friends did for all their life so far. Long before height became a problem i had other problems happen to me during my teens.

one of the things that happened was that i fractured my nose when playing football when i was 14 years old (elbow to the face), and i ended up getting excess cartilage in it after it healed, and the doctor told me it would go away eventually by itself and he didnt want to do any procedure to remove it right away because i was still growing. However it didnt go away and i looked like some witch with a small bulge on the side of my nose (mostly visible from my right side), so hid my face when i met new people quite a lot and i felt ugly and insecure back then, and some people would make fun of my appearance. When i turned 18 i finally got it removed with a cortison injection and my life changed for the better, but still because of those years i didnt make a lot of new friends and people still remembered me as the shy passive guy who nobody payed attention to.

Those years sucked as i was depressed about it daily. When i turned 18 and my face got cleaned up, i got motivated to improve my overall appearance, but not long after that i realized i was shorter than average and i already was at a disadvantage because of my lack of positive reputation. I felt inferior to most of my friends because of this. But all that has improved over the years as i worked on my education and my social game, and started to meet new people. But i felt i could never reach where i wanted without the height gain. Now i have no obstacles left after LL is done.

Im not sure but the surgery was 6450 euro, and i went to russia twice, so the tickets where below 1000 swedish kr per flight, so 4 flights total. i also payed ca 1000 (a little less) swedish kr for the medicine bag for the lengthening phase. other than that i havent spent much else, getting x-rays is very cheap in Sweden and if you have a certain card where you get marks every time you visit, you eventually get almost a year of completely free health care whenever you visit. So i made use of that.

Yeah, i think if i added more my tibia would have looked to long, so i think 4.3 was the sweet spot.
did bagirov confirm any loss?

Uppland

« Reply #290 on: October 03, 2014, 01:23:25 PM »

That's great WNB you're gonna take charge of your life from now on -I love it!
Agree that long tibia look manly and I'm happy you are having a good, if lenghty, recovery. Do you plan on posting more pictures or videos in the future?

PrettyTall

« Reply #291 on: October 03, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »

6500 is a very good price and he is a very good dr hope I can get the money soon

Wannabegiant

« Reply #292 on: October 03, 2014, 02:19:17 PM »

did bagirov confirm any loss?

You mean loss of height? His assistant confirmed i had lengthened 4.3 cm during my return check up in Moscow and he claimed to have fixed the length discrepency between the legs which i had pre surgery.

But then when i got home for consolidation phase i eventually was able to start walking quite well unaided. During this time it started to feel like my left leg was slightly shorter for some reason, like i was automatically leaning very slightly to my left to divide the pressure on both my feet evenly. So i added 2 mm extra to my left leg and it started to feel more symmetrical. After that when i went to the local doctor in Sweden, he claimed both my legs where the same length, but i dont know if he meant exactly the same length down to the mm.

And im sure i havent lost anything since i drew a line on a wall (where the top of my head ended) after my lengthening phase was done, and im still on that spot when i measure my height today.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #293 on: October 03, 2014, 02:21:58 PM »

That's great WNB you're gonna take charge of your life from now on -I love it!
Agree that long tibia look manly and I'm happy you are having a good, if lenghty, recovery. Do you plan on posting more pictures or videos in the future?

Thank you my friend, well i when i get done i might upload a photo of my frame free legs for a limited time..but not sure. I wont be on this forum nearly as much as i have to work hard to get back into normal life. but i will give updates every 2 months or so, or more often depending on how fast the recovery goes. When i feel fully recovered i will post about it, possibly upload a video to show my ability, and then il probably try to forget about every height related thing permanently :)

Uppland

« Reply #294 on: October 03, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »

That's my dream as well: to reach a height I'm satisfied with and then just forget all about it. I had such a good life before these insecurities happiest I've been in my life. I really envy that you've reached your goal and look forward to some info on your physical recovery.

endomorphisme

« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2014, 04:57:38 PM »

sorry, the question may have been asked many times, don't you have any problems of coordination between your femurs and your tibias?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »

sorry, the question may have been asked many times, don't you have any problems of coordination between your femurs and your tibias?

I still have one frame left (on my left leg) but i can honestly say that apart from the added weight of the frame it feels almost like normal. My right leg feels normal and its easy to move it and i can move it fast, walking feels barely any different from before the surgery.

I do notice that i can feel that my tibia is slightly longer than it was before, my frame free right leg feels slightly heavier (although its such a minimal difference from pre LL that its almost not even worth mentioning). It doesnt seem to affect my balance at all, at least not for doing basic stuff like walking fast, standing on one leg, or going backwards or turning fast etc.

I havent tried running or jumping yet because i dont dare to do it until i know my bones are 100% hard enough to do it, but it feels like i could do it no problem already in terms of mobility and muscle strength.

it is probably because i added only 4.3 cm that i dont feel much difference in the legs, but im confident you will get used to the new length eventually even if you did more. But obviously the less you lengthen the closer you will be able to reach pre LL in terms of how your mobility feels and works.

endomorphisme

« Reply #297 on: October 21, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »

thank you for your answer.
I'm considering Russia too, guichet is too expensive, but i would love to do limb lenghtening with him since i'm french.
According to you what is the limit that must not be exceeded with tibial?
Did do you practice sport before?Do you think you will be able to resume sport like before LL?
I m reading your diary, and i think i will only consider 3 cm now, imo lenghtening more than 4 cm on your tibial is not a good idea, unless you did or consider femur.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #298 on: October 22, 2014, 12:42:58 AM »

thank you for your answer.
I'm considering Russia too, guichet is too expensive, but i would love to do limb lenghtening with him since i'm french.
According to you what is the limit that must not be exceeded with tibial?
Did do you practice sport before?Do you think you will be able to resume sport like before LL?
I m reading your diary, and i think i will only consider 3 cm now, imo lenghtening more than 4 cm on your tibial is not a good idea, unless you did or consider femur.

From all the info ive seen  on this, based on others diaries and surgeon comments, I think in general you should not exceed 6 cm on tibias. It ultimately depends on the original bone length of the patients tibias, i think the safe limit was said to be 15% or 20% increase of original bone length, but in most cases it seems big problems arise after 6 cm.

Also even if you have no complications over 6 cm, at this point im fairly confident that the difference will feel substantial compared to pre LL, it might not necessarily feel "worse" but im sure it will feel very different in terms of mechanics.

I dont think there is much difference doing 3 or 4 cm, in terms of how you recover ultimately, but for sure the less you lengthen the faster you will recover, and with 3 cm the difference compared to pre surgery should barely feel noticeable at all imo.

I did do sports before, football and some mma, but i didnt compete at a high level in either of them. Mainly because i never put all my attention to them, they where always just a side hobby for me while i focused on education and social stuff as i got older.

Im sure i will easily be able to reach that same level even after LL, to be honest with a small increase like i did, i only think you will notice any loss of athleticism at very high levels, like Sweden and his Taek wondo. So if you are a competing at a very high level in some sport i think you might notice some loss of ability, but i dont think it would be as big of a loss as you would expect.

But at the highest level its the small things that make the difference so i guess even a 1% loss of athleticism could change your career for the worse.

Moubgf

« Reply #299 on: October 23, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »

From all the info ive seen  on this, based on others diaries and surgeon comments, I think in general you should not exceed 6 cm on tibias. It ultimately depends on the original bone length of the patients tibias, i think the safe limit was said to be 15% or 20% increase of original bone length, but in most cases it seems big problems arise after 6 cm.

Also even if you have no complications over 6 cm, at this point im fairly confident that the difference will feel substantial compared to pre LL, it might not necessarily feel "worse" but im sure it will feel very different in terms of mechanics.

I dont think there is much difference doing 3 or 4 cm, in terms of how you recover ultimately, but for sure the less you lengthen the faster you will recover, and with 3 cm the difference compared to pre surgery should barely feel noticeable at all imo.

I did do sports before, football and some mma, but i didnt compete at a high level in either of them. Mainly because i never put all my attention to them, they where always just a side hobby for me while i focused on education and social stuff as i got older.

Im sure i will easily be able to reach that same level even after LL, to be honest with a small increase like i did, i only think you will notice any loss of athleticism at very high levels, like Sweden and his Taek wondo. So if you are a competing at a very high level in some sport i think you might notice some loss of ability, but i dont think it would be as big of a loss as you would expect.

But at the highest level its the small things that make the difference so i guess even a 1% loss of athleticism could change your career for the worse.

You know we lengthen to change the perception, How are you expecting to change any  perception of yourself with a measly gain of only 4.5 cm. The way people respond to you will be the same. I guess you will be full of konfidenze so to change your physical reality to mirror your interior beliefs. But life dosnt work like that.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #300 on: October 23, 2014, 04:50:50 PM »

You know we lengthen to change the perception, How are you expecting to change any  perception of yourself with a measly gain of only 4.5 cm. The way people respond to you will be the same. I guess you will be full of konfidenze so to change your physical reality to mirror your interior beliefs. But life dosnt work like that.

I did this mainly to increase my self image, but beyond that, this height increase made me look better in pretty much all clothes i wear, im certain that even if my height gain isnt noticable, it will noticably look better, im sure other people who know me from before will notice this too, even though they probably wont mention it.

However one of the most important things i wanted to get rid off, was the feeling when standing in a group, if you are the shortest guy, even by a small margin, it will be noticed by the others of the group, and when women are checking you out, that instantly becomes a minus and makes it a lot less likely they will pick you over the others.

Finally, since 178 cm is kind of the breakoff to not be considered short for a guy in nordic countries, i really wanted to get rid of the possibility of being referred to as short and having that overall perception. Even if a really tall guy calls me short, majority of people in a group setting, particularly women, wont perceive me as short, just average.

endomorphisme

« Reply #301 on: October 23, 2014, 04:53:28 PM »

do you feel average or below average in nordic countries, now you are 179 cm ?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #302 on: October 23, 2014, 04:57:23 PM »

do you feel average or below average in nordic countries, now you are 179 cm ?

Unlike a lot of other people here around the same height, i do feel average around other men in Sweden, and i even feel tall around women, in vast majority of cases.

Moubgf

« Reply #303 on: October 23, 2014, 04:58:42 PM »

I did this mainly to increase my self image, but beyond that, this height increase made me look better in pretty much all clothes i wear, im certain that even if my height gain isnt noticable, it will noticably look better, im sure other people who know me from before will notice this too, even though they probably wont mention it.

However one of the most important things i wanted to get rid off, was the feeling when standing in a group, if you are the shortest guy, even by a small margin, it will be noticed by the others of the group, and when women are checking you out, that instantly becomes a minus and makes it a lot less likely they will pick you over the others.

Finally, since 178 cm is kind of the breakoff to not be considered short for a guy in nordic countries, i really wanted to get rid of the possibility of being referred to as short and having that overall perception. Even if a really tall guy calls me short, majority of people in a group setting, particularly women, wont perceive me as short, just average.

This is not 2002, if you are under 5'11 you are short for a man no matter what, and not eligable to lead in the eyes of women. You should have lengthened to 5'11 and with normal shoes hit 6'0. Now you dont do that and i strongly belive the reception you will get will be probably the same.

And no if a Superior tall guy calls you out..the jokes on you. because you are still short. But i doubt they will choose height as their tool IF you are in 3 cm shoes. Otherwise you are still a teenage kid in their eyes.

Dick Dastardly

• Visitor
« Reply #304 on: October 23, 2014, 05:09:59 PM »

This is not 2002, if you are under 5'11 you are short for a man no matter what

Current height stats disagree with you.

Uppland

« Reply #305 on: October 23, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »

This is not 2002, if you are under 5'11 you are short for a man no matter what, and not eligable to lead in the eyes of women. You should have lengthened to 5'11 and with normal shoes hit 6'0. Now you dont do that and i strongly belive the reception you will get will be probably the same.

And no if a Superior tall guy calls you out..the jokes on you. because you are still short. But i doubt they will choose height as their tool IF you are in 3 cm shoes. Otherwise you are still a teenage kid in their eyes.

Most people don't give height a second thought. I know I never did until I realized I wasn't growing much anymore and even now I don't look down on my shorter friends in any other way than just literally. Maybe some women do but 178 isn't really short enough to be a major disadvantage I should know I'm that height and in my last school I almost felt like I could pick and choose whichever girls I liked.

Also the average height hasn't even increased by a centimeter since 2002 though I agree that less than 180 is a little bit on the low side.

« Reply #306 on: October 23, 2014, 05:11:33 PM »

Are you retarded? 5'11 is 180,34cm, 179cm is not short, pretty much everywhere in the world. Stop talking nonsense / trolling.

Moubgf

« Reply #307 on: October 23, 2014, 05:11:41 PM »

Current height stats disagree with you.

If i draw a picture of santa and give you facts do you belive it too?
The average teenager is easily 5'10-5'11 easily.

Dick Dastardly

• Visitor
« Reply #308 on: October 23, 2014, 05:15:06 PM »

The average teenager is easily 5'10-5'11 easily.

Maybe in uppercrust white neighborhoods. But we're talking about the world here. The WORLD.

Uppland

« Reply #309 on: October 23, 2014, 05:16:35 PM »

Maybe in uppercrust white neighborhoods. But we're talking about the world here. The WORLD.

I thought we were talking about scandinavia. that's were Wannabegiant is from.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up