Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best place to get this done on the cheap  (Read 742 times)

UKGetTaller

• Visitor
Best place to get this done on the cheap
« on: April 06, 2019, 11:48:26 AM »

Hi all,

I am 5 foot 5, it sucks. I really would like to get to 5'9 or 5'10 after 2 surgeries.

I have money, but don't really want to spend more than a total of £50k on both surgeries combined, plus any accommodation etc.

What would be my best bet in this price range?

GrowTow

Re: Best place to get this done on the cheap
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 11:52:37 AM »

I'm from the UK too.

I'm doing 2 surgeries for 5 inches too.

I'm going to Dr Sarin for £37000 for cross lengthening.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

MirinHeight

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »

I'm from the UK too.

go to dr sarin if you wanna be disabled
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

cheekycabs

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 01:55:55 PM »

I don't know how everyone gets so obsessed with cross-lengthening. Yes theoretically it sounds awesome. 5 inches or 13cm all in a couple of surgeries.

I have yet to see a number of good, reasonable diaries about how successful cross lengthening is. Please approach it safely, there's a number of people here doing 1 surgery and still have heaps of problems.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Ghostfish

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 01:56:39 PM »

I'm from the UK too.

Hi growtow
I guess you are planning to do quadrilateral lengthening at the same time with some interval between the first and the second surgery.  I don't want to make a comment on Dr. Sarin.  However, 5 inches is too much for simultaneous lengthening, although I guess that is your current goal which may change after you realize the reality.  Anyway, still I think it is better to have more realistic goal before CLL.  In most cases, 10-11 could be pretty much max for simultaneous lengthening even with Stryde nails.
Good luck!

GrowTow

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 02:12:40 PM »

go to dr sarin if you wanna be disabled

There's been 3 diaries just this year alone, more diaries to go by than most other doctors. Both have been successful and the third is still in the process, he's yet to make a single complaint or have any problems.

I don't know how everyone gets so obsessed with cross-lengthening. Yes theoretically it sounds awesome. 5 inches or 13cm all in a couple of surgeries.

I have yet to see a number of good, reasonable diaries about how successful cross lengthening is. Please approach it safely, there's a number of people here doing 1 surgery and still have heaps of problems.

I have only seen 3 diaries on here for cross lengthening. 2 have been successful and the third has gone AWOL (we assume it hasn't ended well for him). So I do know the risks and take it with caution. Dr Sarin does 4-6 cross lengthening procedures each year, i've spoken to two of those patients directly who both have been successful and I talk to 1-2 patients in Dr Sarin's guest house who keep me updated on the Indians who are doing cross lengthening that can't communicate with me in English.

I'm doing all I can do to assure my safety. I have bought $1000 worth of items just to ease my procedure, things to enable me to shower often, keep my flexibility, a wheelchair so I can actually go places, online physiotherapy etc. I will also be staying there for an entire year with a 6 month gap between surgeries and staying 2-3 months post completion. I'm 19 so I believe i'll heal faster than average but of course I don't just rely on that.

I guess you are planning to do quadrilateral lengthening at the same time with some interval between the first and the second surgery.  I don't want to make a comment on Dr. Sarin.  However, 5 inches is too much for simultaneous lengthening, although I guess that is your current goal which may change after you realize the reality.  Anyway, still I think it is better to have more realistic goal before CLL.  In most cases, 10-11 could be pretty much max for simultaneous lengthening even with Stryde nails.
Good luck!

Yes, i'll be doing quadrilateral lengthening. I'll be doing 6.5cm + 6.5cm which is relatively safe compared to the ambitious lengths other's are doing. The average break between the two surgeries is 3 months. I will be taking a 6 month gap as well as staying an extra 2 months when it is all done. All together i'll be there for a whole year. Trust me, I know it's risky but I won't be leaving until i'm 100% sure that I will recover perfectly.

Ghostfish

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 02:35:43 PM »

Hi growtow

I see your plan now.  You have at least a good amount of gap between two surgeries.  But 6.5 and 6.5 is still an ambitious goal not a relatively safe range.  Plus, it is a long and lonely process.  You will have a long journey that is much longer than others.  However, your goal is achievable too.  Just be cautious.
Good luck! 

Forthecraic

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 02:45:16 PM »

Seen a good result for cross lengthening in some american lads diary from 2017 with Doctor Solomin, on the cheap your best options would be the Russian doctors or another Doctor in Eastern Europe.
171cm's (Morning) 170cm's (most of the day),169.5 (at night) hope to one day be 180-182cms

GrowTow

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 02:51:10 PM »

Hi growtow

I see your plan now.  You have at least a good amount of gap between two surgeries.  But 6.5 and 6.5 is still an ambitious goal not a relatively safe range.  Plus, it is a long and lonely process.  You will have a long journey that is much longer than others.  However, your goal is achievable too.  Just be cautious.
Good luck!

Yes, 1 year will be a long long journey. But I have family in India who can visit me and because my height dysphoria I don't go out and stay in bed all day anyways. So my day to day routine won't change. I won't become overly bored as it'll be the same as everything I already do. Only difference will be physical pain instead of mental pain  ;D

Ghostfish

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 03:15:45 PM »

Yes, 1 year will be a long long journey. But I have family in India who can visit me and because my height dysphoria I don't go out and stay in bed all day anyways. So my day to day routine won't change. I won't become overly bored as it'll be the same as everything I already do. Only difference will be physical pain instead of mental pain  ;D
Having family in India is really a good thing!  I also understand your introvert life because of height dysphoria.  I was like you and did cll.  I feel much better now actually :)  But you also need to know constant pain all time really makes people depressed.  For a little over 3 months during my lengthening, I couldn't sleep well because I am a very sensitive person and have sleep problem before cll and still now.  Most of days, I slept 3-4 hrs and sometimes even less. I lost 20 lb, which I am actually happy about now :D
Stay positive and try to have some activities during your journey!
Good luck again,

GrowTow

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 04:37:22 PM »

Having family in India is really a good thing!  I also understand your introvert life because of height dysphoria.  I was like you and did cll.  I feel much better now actually :)  But you also need to know constant pain all time really makes people depressed.  For a little over 3 months during my lengthening, I couldn't sleep well because I am a very sensitive person and have sleep problem before cll and still now.  Most of days, I slept 3-4 hrs and sometimes even less. I lost 20 lb, which I am actually happy about now :D
Good luck again,

Hopefully the pain isn't too bad for me, i'm normally good with pain and oops, i've planned to gain weight whilst being there. I've purposely lost 10kg in the past 3 months because I thought i'll be gaining a lot of fat whilst being there. I guess it will depend on my appetite. I'm going to have 1 protein shake and 2 meals a day so I think that'll be enough to gain weight with no exercise for 1 whole year. I do plan to do sit ups and stuff though and i'm taking dumbbells etc. Been told they have dumbbells there already. Ideally i'll leave India with The Rock's upper body but unfortunately a woman's skinny legs.  ;D

myloginacc

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 06:54:07 PM »

Good luck again,

If you don't mind sharing, what's your current height?
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

montahn

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 08:10:25 PM »

On may 2018 i contact dr sarin he reply that near 4 inch(10cm) cost $17500USD if you are indian then its approx 10 lakhs. lengthening process of 1mm per day for at least 75-100day(for 7.5 cm to 10cm) that requires you stay in Delhi. Includes every thing except food. this is the cost of external surgery and accommodation, physio, etc. you can drive car after 7 - 10 months(for 7.5 cm to 10cm). for normal walk you need at least 5 to 6 months.  Daily food cost $4 - $7 depending on your taste. you can download local food delivery app and order.

Hope its help

Thanks
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm
Pages: [1]   Go Up