Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flexioss and limb lengthening  (Read 478 times)

Antoine

Flexioss and limb lengthening
« on: April 09, 2019, 01:53:40 PM »

In the comments of this page from Natural Height Growth site a user named Garfyld talks about Flexioss, a new Polish artificial bone.
http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2019/03/16/interesting-study-explains-secondary-ossification-centers/#comments
Do you think this could revolutionize limb lengthening surgery and make it easier, faster and almost pain-free? Shorter people need a new, better solution and should make their voices heard all over the world.

Antoine

Re: Flexioss and limb lengthening
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 07:10:24 AM »

I forgot to say that this is the site of Flexioss, the artificial bone that after implantation undergoes an integration with patient’s bone tissue and then is slowly remodelled and replaced with natural bone tissue: http://flexioss.pl/en/landing/
Maybe limb lengthening surgery could be easier with this.

Ghostfish

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 07:40:31 AM »

Hi Antoine
Thanks for interesting information!  However, I doubt whether it can be used for limb lengthening. This is the some sort of biomaterial that can be inserted into existing GAP or hole of bones to fill that gap that allows new bones to grow that area to fill, when people lost their bones by accidents or bone cancer surgery.  Actually, this is a great way to help those people regain their bones in the damaged area. 

That being said, you have to have a gap for this material to be inserted for bone growth facilitation.  So how can you provide a gap?  Of course, you can do CLL and put this material between the gap to facilitate consolidation process.  However, consolidation for cll does not really need this material since most of people do not have non union problem.  In case of non union, patients can get treated with bone grafts.  Therefore, this method is very unlikely to be used for CLL.   

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 12:07:28 PM »

Thank you Ghostfish! I had some doubts too about using Flexioss for limb lengthening. However, I wonder if it would be possible (and safe) to create a gap of 1.5/2 inches through surgery and fill it immediately with Flexioss, so that no external/internal device would be necessary.

Ghostfish

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 03:46:16 AM »

Thank you Ghostfish! I had some doubts too about using Flexioss for limb lengthening. However, I wonder if it would be possible (and safe) to create a gap of 1.5/2 inches through surgery and fill it immediately with Flexioss, so that no external/internal device would be necessary.
Hi Antoine
That won't be possible. How can you create gap?  Of course, you can cut out 1-2 inches of bones in your tibia and femur without lengthening legs, which is basically not lengthening but making just gap.  So there is no way you can make a gap that is an actually lengthening of height without CLL. You can't make a gap of 1-2 inches by increasing height or stretching leg bones by only one surgery. 

Antoine

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 04:57:43 PM »

Hi Ghostfish, you’re right. I was wondering just if a method to distract safely the bone and lengthen it immediately by 1.5/2 inches, creating a gap that must be filled with Flexioss, could ever exist. In this way only one surgery would be enough, and no external or internal device would be needed. But how to solve the problem of stretching nerves and muscles so much and so fast without damaging them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up