Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wingspan and sitting height  (Read 1471 times)

ramaka

Wingspan and sitting height
« on: November 23, 2017, 04:22:49 AM »

Hey guys I plan on doin 10 cm LL (5cm both femurs and tibula) for a total of 10 cm overall and wondering if my wingspan and sitting height would let me down current height is 179.5 out of bed and 177.5 basically i’m 5’10 now I know a lot of people will be like that’s a great height you don’t need LL and I understand why you would think that but being totally honest why shouldn’t I be able to do LL if someone at like 5’7 (170cm) gets 10 cm to get 5’11 (180)

Here’s my stats before surgery
179.5cm (morning height)
177.5cm (before bed)
182cm wingspan
94cm sitting height

Inseam is also only 78 cm

Here’s my stats after surgery
189.5cm (morning height)
187.5cm (before bed)

I know the wingspan is less it’s not really that I’m worried about it’s more that when you wear shoes they add an average 3cm to do so I’d be like 190 6’3 with shoes on that’s what’s making the wingspan issue go a bit more serious.
I would consider doing arm lengthening if it became really bad looking I’d do like 3.5 on each arm so it would only be like 1 cm difference when wearing shoes so I doubt it would be that noticeable.

Now we talk about my sitting height like I said I have a 94cm sitting height and my 3 brothers would have something very similar to it for example my older bro is 5’11 and is actually smaller then me sitting my 2 younger brothers are 6’2.5 (189.9 cm) he just misses out on 190 lol and my 2nd younger bro is 6’3 (191.3) and when sitting they’re like the same height as me obviously my 6’3 bro is taller sitting only by like 3 cm he actually let me measure he sitting (I said it was for research) but me and my 6’2.5 bro are basically the same 94-95cm sitting.

So what do you guys think about this given all the information I’ve listed.
Thanks for the replies btw

myloginacct

Re: Wingspan and sitting height
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 02:13:46 PM »

why shouldn’t I be able to do LL if someone at like 5’7 (170cm) gets 10 cm to get 5’11 (180)

Because you'll be breaking your legs for it and running through many risks.

Do you want LL to be able to get to your relatives' height? What's your main reasoning behind wanting 10cm at 179cm?

Moon knight

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 04:12:51 PM »

this is what he ment when he said ppl would say why would you want LL look he clearly wants LL because of the same reasons that other ppl on this forum do he isn't happy with his height if you say that then you should say the same to someone who is 5'6 he clearly feels very little or bad compared to his brothers person i think if he wants LL by all means do LL but don't ever ever do it on the cheap get someone like paley an experienced dr who has a good success rate on LL
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 05:36:48 PM »

We shouldn't be encouraging people to break their legs and deal with permanent consequences as the first step to solving height dysphoria, specially not at a height that won't ever significantly affect his life. He/she should try therapy first, and leave LL as a last resort.

But I won't derail the thread any further. I'll just stop posting in this one.

Moon knight

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »

We shouldn't be encouraging people to break their legs and deal with permanent consequences as the first step to solving height dysphoria, specially not at a height that won't ever significantly affect his life. He/she should try therapy first, and leave LL as a last resort.

But I won't derail the thread any further. I'll just stop posting in this one.

i understand how you feel but other then giving someone to oppertunity to get something that for a long time many people thought they couldn't get is a blessing now sure its extreme and i know its a bit strange but look at it like this someone at 5'6 goes to 5'10 nobody cares that much someone at 5'10 goes to 6'2 and everybody is going ape now i understand why they would be going nuts the person is already a height many people consider good but imagine being the guy who posted this topic he's a good bit shorter then his brothers and probably feels very low and down beaten about it imagine being the shortest of your siblings by not just 1cm or anything like that but like 4+ inches it really make you feel bad now granted there are other people who have the same issue but they have their own ways of dealing with it the good thing for the guy who posted this is that his genes would have height through them so if he did get ll and had a kid that kid could likely end up tall so nobody would think much that way and the amount he's willing to lengthening is reasonable to believe that a good full recovery is possible. also he has pretty good stats sitting height etc his inseam is a bit shorter then the average inseam for that height. but like he said the only real problem would be armspan but i'm sure he could do something like arm lengthening and their wouldn't be much of a problem if it is by a really experienced dr like paley etc
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe
Pages: [1]   Go Up