Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PreciceMax...why wait? You could've already been taller years ago.  (Read 1216 times)

Tall girl and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AllinStryde

Just a question for people who are putting this off due to the delay of the PreciceMax nail.  Why are you waiting?  The new nail has been getting delayed since 2020, and the goalposts keep getting moved on a regular basis.  Anyone who has been waiting for this, could have done the Precice nail, and been enjoying their new height for 3.5 years now (at the time of this posting).  They will promise the Max to be out soon, then 6 months, then a year, then 2 years, and so on...and all this time you could have already been done and moving forward in life with a new and improved height.  Every year people put off CLL in hopes of the Max nail, is one more year that you could've enjoyed with your new height and have CLL in the distant past.  Just wondering.

Acemace86

Re: PreciceMax...why wait? You could've already been taller years ago.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 10:15:52 PM »

Because they aren’t serious about ll.

Beemer m3

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 09:22:11 AM »

hard to be in a wheel chair for like 3.5 months or on a walker. they got g nail where u can walk straight out from surgery. cant imagine having a bent nail and not knowing what the doctor will do when ur in turkey. not many stories show up about bent titanium nail.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

wantingtobetaller

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 09:47:52 AM »

Wait precice max is still not available for the public? I thought it already was.

Acemace86

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 03:46:20 PM »

If being in a wheelchair for 3.5 months or on a walker is too much then ll isn’t the sacrifice you should commit to.

Kintaeryos

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2024, 04:11:58 PM »

Cause full weightbearing would make a huge difference for me, and I want to minimize risk and the physical and psychological impact as much as possible. I wanna be taller but not THAT much, I can wait.

markr09

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2024, 01:36:22 AM »

Just a question for people who are putting this off due to the delay of the PreciceMax nail.  Why are you waiting?  The new nail has been getting delayed since 2020, and the goalposts keep getting moved on a regular basis.  Anyone who has been waiting for this, could have done the Precice nail, and been enjoying their new height for 3.5 years now (at the time of this posting).  They will promise the Max to be out soon, then 6 months, then a year, then 2 years, and so on...and all this time you could have already been done and moving forward in life with a new and improved height.  Every year people put off CLL in hopes of the Max nail, is one more year that you could've enjoyed with your new height and have CLL in the distant past.  Just wondering.
I don't mind waiting because I want to be able to have proper weight-bearing so I can maximize PT as much as possible and get back to some degree of normal gait as soon as possible as well.
Ideal goal: (178cm~180cm) 5'10~5'11 with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening
Normal goal: (176cm) 5'9 with femur lengthening
Minimum goal: (173.5cm) 5'8 with femur/tibia lengthening

Plan in 2025~2026 when Precice Max comes and has some good outcomes.

onedaytall

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2024, 03:17:06 PM »

If being in a wheelchair for 3.5 months or on a walker is too much then ll isn’t the sacrifice you should commit to.

At least one should be prepared for longer recovery and complications if one gets unlucky. Other than that I disagree. If there is a way to do it without wheelchair, why should one be committed to doing it with a wheelchair? Everything progresses. There was a time you needed to be committed to bearing the pain and trauma of surgery with nothing to numb you but getting completely drunk. Obviously then you could say if that's not the sacrifice you're willing to make you should not get any surgery ever. That's not true today tho. Same with the Ilizarov device for LL. If one isn't committed to wearing the old bulky thing and having infections in your legs, then LL isn't for you? Obviously we are past that. Next will be the weight bearing nails being the norm, not the exception.

Acemace86

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2024, 04:25:38 PM »

Time is of the essence with ll. You have a finite time on this earth. If you are going to do ll you need to maximize your time with your new height. If illizarov was the only method available then you do that. There is currently no weight bearing nail available in the US so if you are serious about ll you will do precice 2.2.

Beemer m3

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2024, 05:45:18 AM »

i cant imagine doing precice 2.2 alone. being alone in ur room doing everything by urself in a wheel chair. u probably need an asisstance like a caregiver of some kind. doing it in turkey is so convenient u dont even know.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

Kintaeryos

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2024, 06:13:42 AM »

i cant imagine doing precice 2.2 alone. being alone in ur room doing everything by urself in a wheel chair. u probably need an asisstance like a caregiver of some kind. doing it in turkey is so convenient u dont even know.
Yeah everyone talks about the pain but the psychological impact is just as important. The difference between being wheelchair-bound for months and being able to move (albeit with difficulty) right after the surgery is massive, I'd pick full weight-bearing any day and would prioritize it over everything. Not to mention how much it reduces risk and the toll on your health.

Kintaeryos

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2024, 06:16:14 AM »

Because they aren’t serious about ll.
Choosing not be crippled and needing assistance to go to the toilet, have a shower etc. (not to mention the added risk) because you know that in a few months it won't be necessary is perfectly rational reason to delay LL by a few months. It's like being in a restaurant, knowing that the steak you ordered will be coming soon, but you choose to sate your hunger by eating the crappiest, stalest bread you can find cause "that works too" and "you're serious about not starving".

Bagga

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2024, 05:48:27 AM »

Choosing not be crippled and needing assistance to go to the toilet, have a shower etc. (not to mention the added risk) because you know that in a few months it won't be necessary is perfectly rational reason to delay LL by a few months. It's like being in a restaurant, knowing that the steak you ordered will be coming soon, but you choose to sate your hunger by eating the crappiest, stalest bread you can find cause "that works too" and "you're serious about not starving".
There are other weight bearing nails beside PMax.

heightiseverything

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2024, 08:06:43 PM »

So does anyone know when precise max is coming out? Is it worth the wait for it just to get precise 2 cost to decrease?

Beemer m3

june or july. very soon.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

Pages: [1]   Go Up