Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ossiform Bone Printing  (Read 257 times)

Chocolatechunk

• Visitor
Ossiform Bone Printing
« on: April 29, 2024, 01:02:28 AM »

What do y’all think about the Ossiform bone printing being applied to limb lengthening in the future? They expect to use the tech to correct deformities in the future, but do you guys think that it will be used in mainstream limb lengthening?

markr09

Re: Ossiform Bone Printing
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 01:45:05 AM »

Hmm, this might be more for bone grafts and transplants. I'm not so sure about lengthening, maybe for plausible non-unions. I think the one of the main obstacle still for recovery is soft tissue still can't quite catch up to the lengthening especially when you're older.
Ideal goal: (178cm~180cm) 5'10~5'11 with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening / (183cm) 6' at max safe goal
Normal goal: (176cm) 5'9 with femur lengthening
Minimum goal: (173.5cm) 5'8 with femur/tibia lengthening

Plan in 2025~2026 when Precice Max comes and has some good outcomes.

Chocolatechunk

• Visitor
Re: Ossiform Bone Printing
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 03:01:41 AM »

As far as I’m aware the intention as of now is for them to use the technology primarily for bone grafts. As the technology develops I don’t think it would be too out of the question to see some of the technology implemented in limb lengthening. This is all wishful thinking and speculation on part of some of the LL community, but it seems entirely plausible in my opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up