Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Born Orthopedics ( Seoul, Korea)  (Read 28543 times)

Muse

New Born Orthopedics ( Seoul, Korea)
« on: November 14, 2013, 01:19:45 AM »

General Information about New Born Orthopedics, based in Seoul Korea.  Contact them for specific information and latest updates.

Limb Lengthening Techniques

LON - 27,000 USD (cost for domestic patients or people with a place to stay in Seoul, who stay 8 days at the hospital after the operation and then come back for monthly examinations)
LON - 43,000 USD (cost for foreign patients including 3 months hospitalization based on 4 patients room and food)

ISKD - 40,000 USD (cost for domestic patients or people with a place to stay in Seoul, who stay 8 days at the hospital after the operation and then come back for monthly examinations)
ISKD - 48,000 USD (cost for foreign patients including 3 months hospitalization based on 4 patients room and food)

Contact

Email: nbdary@gmail.com
303, Jungangno, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul, Korea
TEL : +82 2-2692-9057 | FAX : +82 2-2692-9059
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:43:58 PM by Admin »

NBW

• 5'3"
Re: New Born Orthopedics ( Seoul, Korea)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 01:36:08 PM »

I don't understand why doctors are still promoting ISKD even though it has been pulled off the market?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 04:03:52 PM »

I don't understand why doctors are still promoting ISKD even though it has been pulled off the market?

I think that was just a temporary thing.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:12:11 AM »

The information about ISKD and Fitbone on old forum  are outdated. Both are currently in the market, the ISKD is reintroduced, and the problems fixed, yet it will only lengthen up to 5 cm's, just like it used to. The Fitbone is very reliable now, and used throughout Europe in many countries. I will be undergoing femur LL surgery with Fitbone soon (in Istanbul, Turkey).

I think Korea offers quite competitive prices.

Dingo

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »

I will be undergoing femur LL surgery with Fitbone soon (in Istanbul, Turkey).

It would be nice if you could send a message to Dameon with the following information regarding your Fitbone surgery:

- Hospital
- Doctor
- Methods used by this doctor
- Price and what's included in it
- etc...

This way Dameon could add this information to the Limb Lengthening Doctors section and people would be able to contact them directly.

It would also be great if you could write a diary about your experience.

Dingo

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 03:44:02 PM »

What I don't understand is why this clinic doesn't use the PRECICE instead. After all, Dr Donghoon is already using it next door from them.

Both the ISKD and the PRECICE share the fact that they're not weight bearing, but that's it. The PRECICE is much more reliable, the distraction rate is completely under control, no accidental clicks, no need to rotate the osteotomy site, and has the ability to reverse the distraction if needed.

Dr Paley has confirmed that each PRECICE nail costs 13,000 USD. According to a brazilian friend of mine, her ISKD nail cost just about the same (she did one leg due to an accident and saw the breakup of all the costs given by the hospital to her insurance company).

So why don't they offer the PRECICE for the same price as they currently charge for the ISKD and blow the competition out of the water???

LLL

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 05:50:13 PM »

What I don't understand is why this clinic doesn't use the PRECICE instead. After all, Dr Donghoon is already using it next door from them.

Both the ISKD and the PRECICE share the fact that they're not weight bearing, but that's it. The PRECICE is much more reliable, the distraction rate is completely under control, no accidental clicks, no need to rotate the osteotomy site, and has the ability to reverse the distraction if needed.

Dr Paley has confirmed that each PRECICE nail costs 13,000 USD. According to a brazilian friend of mine, her ISKD nail cost just about the same (she did one leg due to an accident and saw the breakup of all the costs given by the hospital to her insurance company).

So why don't they offer the PRECICE for the same price as they currently charge for the ISKD and blow the competition out of the water???

Well, I don't know, but the ISKD has been out there for years and that means more surgeons have experience with it. Maybe it's just a matter of time until more surgeons get familiarized and experienced with the PRECICE nail and start offering it.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 07:03:17 PM »

Dingo,

I still haven't received an official cost estimate by the doctor. I'll contact Dameon with the details once I receive this information. I plan to write a diary as well  :)

Dingo

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 04:21:51 PM »

Dingo,

I still haven't received an official cost estimate by the doctor. I'll contact Dameon with the details once I receive this information. I plan to write a diary as well  :)

This will be great! I've never seen a Fitbone diary!

Will be nice to compare it to the PRECICE.

Dingo

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 04:53:39 PM »

There's a diary of a guy on old forum  who's doing LL in Korea with Dr Donghoon (PRECICE femurs) who said that locals pay between 50,000,000 and 55,000,000 KRW, which translates to something like 47,000 USD and 51,800 USD. This guy actually paid 60,000,000 KRW because he stayed in a single room for 1 month instead of a ward, and had a caregiver for 90 days.

This is still well below what Donghoon charges for foreigners (72,000,000 KRW), which is approximately 67,800 USD.

Koreans are paying for PRECICE with Donghoon the same as ISKD with New Born Orthopedics, which is just another confirmation that these two nails are in the same price category and that Donghoon is probably filling his pockets at the expense of foreigners.

handy

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 06:15:33 PM »

There's a diary of a guy on old forum  who's doing LL in Korea with Dr Donghoon (PRECICE femurs) who said that locals pay between 50,000,000 and 55,000,000 KRW, which translates to something like 47,000 USD and 51,800 USD. This guy actually paid 60,000,000 KRW because he stayed in a single room for 1 month instead of a ward, and had a caregiver for 90 days.

This is still well below what Donghoon charges for foreigners (72,000,000 KRW), which is approximately 67,800 USD.

Koreans are paying for PRECICE with Donghoon the same as ISKD with New Born Orthopedics, which is just another confirmation that these two nails are in the same price category and that Donghoon is probably filling his pockets at the expense of foreigners.

The reason why it's more expensive for foreigners is because the hospital doesn't allow non Koreans to stay in the much cheaper 7 person rooms. That is not money going to Dr. Donghoon that is the hospitals policy. The single and double rooms are serviced by staff who speak English and have a different food menu. The 7 person room is for Koreans who speak Korean.

Dingo

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 09:25:22 PM »

The reason why it's more expensive for foreigners is because the hospital doesn't allow non Koreans to stay in the much cheaper 7 person rooms. That is not money going to Dr. Donghoon that is the hospitals policy. The single and double rooms are serviced by staff who speak English and have a different food menu. The 7 person room is for Koreans who speak Korean.

Ok, it's not Donghoon cashing in, it's the hospital.

But still, we're talking about a 20,800 USD (!) difference between the lowest price (for Korean speakers) and the price for foreigners, for basically the same thing.

Their policy is really hard to understand. Their english-speaking staff should be allocated to english-speaking patients, no matter what room they're in.

Different food menu? For such a difference in prices, I sure hope they're serving caviar, champagne and lap dances to foreign patients.

handy

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 02:45:15 AM »

Ok, it's not Donghoon cashing in, it's the hospital.

But still, we're talking about a 20,800 USD (!) difference between the lowest price (for Korean speakers) and the price for foreigners, for basically the same thing.

Different food menu? For such a difference in prices, I sure hope they're serving caviar, champagne and lap dances to foreign patients.

It's not the same thing really. The single and double rooms are much nicer with more amenities and privacy and offer what they call a western menu to foreigners prepared by a nutrition team with no limits on how much you can eat. Not sure what kind of hospital food is available in the 7 person rooms. Maybe that's worth an extra 1,500 per week for 3 months.

In a perfect world you would be able to have surgery, live near the hospital for 3 months with friends or family to have physical therapy and save a boat load of money. ;D

Adriano

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 06:59:08 AM »

we need this precise nail to be used in india.
only then can internal LL become affordable for most average blokes like me.
I think it can be done in india for under 40K ( about 35K I think)

these giys are taking advantage of foreigners.

paco1

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 05:25:58 AM »

I emailed new born hospital, they said me that the Price is 35000 usd + 8000 90 days in hospital all included. total 35000+8000=43000usd

mediocre

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 05:37:42 AM »

Is that Precice 2?
Do they have any experience yet with CLL Precice 1or 2?

I emailed new born hospital, they said me that the Price is 35000 usd + 8000 90 days in hospital all included. total 35000+8000=43000usd

paco1

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 08:08:33 PM »

I think they only use iskd.

Dingo

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 11:44:43 AM »

I think they only use iskd.

Paco,

Could you please confirm that this new price of 43000 USD is for the ISKD?

paco1

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »

No, it is for LON.

Arche

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 08:41:55 PM »

How does that make any sense? Didn't they quote 35K for LON?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:44:58 PM by Arche »

paco1

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 08:34:51 AM »

Hi Dameon,
This prices in New Born  is wrong. The Price with 90 days in hospital is 8000 usd plus. Then 35000 for surgery and 8000 for stay 90 days in hospital equal 43000 usd.

Classical

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 05:14:08 PM »

Hi guys,

I was planning on getting my surgery with Dr. Donghoon Lee until I found out about this crazy price increase. Now since I am no longer able to afford Dr. Lee, it seems like the New Born hospital might be a good option for me. I tried to email nbdary@gmail.com, but have not heard anything back. Is this the correct email? Is there another way to contact them? Thanks a bunch !

paco1

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 05:38:56 PM »

this emael is well for me . He responded to me quickly . I think new born can be very good option too.
I am thinking in doctor donghoon but his prices are ridiculous.
where do you from classical?. I am from spain.

paco1

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 05:43:59 PM »

This is the guy who responded to me, il hyung cho and his messenger is jollongs@gmail.com
Good luck with this new addresse.

paco1

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »

Hi dameon, then the price for iskd would be different.

Classical

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 06:08:17 PM »

Thank you Peco1  :)

Classical

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 06:09:17 PM »

Peco1, I live in the US.

paco1

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 06:32:19 PM »

ok.
I think new born hospital it can be the best options for that Price and they look like to have a lot of experience in leg lengthening.

Classical

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 05:46:17 AM »

Wrong post
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:19:14 AM by Classical »

paco1

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 08:16:01 PM »

sorry calssical. nbdary@gmail.com is well for me.

Classical

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »

Hi Peco1, I just PM you, please check your inbox. Thank u!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up