Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: My diary of quadrilateral Precice2 LL with Dr. Gokhan  (Read 8021 times)

Bob

Re: My diary of quadrilateral Precice2 LL with Dr. Gokhan
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2024, 04:56:31 PM »

Has your callus formation improved by the things you did?
(If not, don't worry you'll be fine.)

Ted68

« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2024, 05:18:41 PM »

Has your callus formation improved by the things you did?
(If not, don't worry you'll be fine.)

Hi, Bob.
I don't see any differences, the gap is still black on tibias... but I still hope.
On the other hand, the femur's callus is clearly better !
Thank you !

Ted68

« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2024, 06:33:36 PM »

Day 115-120

These days I have done a tomography, which I paid it in full, because wasn’t in my services package that I paid. It was only my special requirement to do it, so I can find my exact bones size. I found it was a maximum difference of 1 mm, which was a surprise for me. So I can easily adjust the final lengthen.

Doctor said I can start using the rolling walker, just leaning 60-80% of the weight on my shoulders and arms. I did it and was the first time standing up in 4 months !
The knees are semi-flexed and I cannot touch the heels down.
The pain was atrocious in knees and tibias screws. It was so bad trying to walk, every step was a big pain. And the PT guy asked me to walk from the bed to the bathroom and back. It was 1 minute of unbearable pain. After that, for 24 hours I felt the pain in my legs…
But, guys, after this sudden standing up after 4 months of sitting, I realized how tall I am… and that is great !...
I was shorter than the PT guy, and now I am taller. Also I compared myself with the furniture dimensions. For first time you get a shock, till you'll get used with your new height !

Also, doctor decided to completely remove my upper screw on left tibia, because if he had push it back it wouldn’t have stayed and would come out again, very soon. So, he removed it. Doctor said is not a big problem if I stay with only one screw, just do not strain my shin for the next 3-4 weeks.
And because I have medical education and I participated to many “bloody moments”, I just looked to all removal steps. Believe me, is not easy to watch that on yourself…
Here you can see few pictures…

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eTdc8jJBGV1caYFg9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TWjAKzyAnvYp5dWCA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PdVmK9FttNvtxxqq5
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xBwh2fcUfGYxq7Wq8

In one week I should leave Turkey, but because the screw I removed, I am not sure about that anymore, because if something bad it happens in my country…I will be f**ked.
On the other hand, staying here 1 month it cost me 4000 euro… so, it’s a tough decision.

Ted68

« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2024, 10:06:00 PM »

Day 121-125

I told you about my tibia screw removal… and now I noticed that I have another screw which came out, in my left femur, in distal end. And I was very scared, thinking now is coming out all my screws, one by one !... But doctor told me that screw will stay there, in position, because the muscles strength. And, anyways, it was expected because the screws were removed from the old implant and moved back to the new implant... in the same bone's holes, which now don't have same strength anymore. Fortunately, I have a very good callus in femur., so I hope will not have another problem.
Here you can see it…

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V4YSicwewcJ2zFJT8

I did the final elongation adjustment and then I measured my height, as accurate possible, and I am 1.82 m tall. As I expected. But I don’t realize about that 100%, because I have semi-flexed legs, I cannot walk properly with a good posture and I didn’t meet my friends and people that I know, so I can really compare.  And that will take few months more…

All I can say, after these 4 months of torment, is that I am happy that I am still ok and no real complications. Only “obstacles” as doctor says. But too many obstacles, in my opinion !

And for everything to be wonderful, I got a deep and bad jaw tooth pain. I asked if I can go to a dentist close by the hotel, but there is no one. Only 5 km away. And if I want to go… they charge me 100 euro for the car, back and forth !... Well, I am not stupid enough, so I will fix it in my country…

I already ordered a wheelchair and walker in my country, so they will wait for me Sunday. I also have to buy crouches…

Now I have to deal with my flexed knees, my heels up and with that unbearable pain in tibias when try to walk. I also have big stretching pain whenever I straighten and flex my knees after minutes of no motions in bed.
This is me when trying to stand up and walk...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ngkJmepVY89Hf42k7

Today I decided to leave Turkey, on normal schedule, so no extension… but I got big problems with the air company, for wheelchair special service. I struggled 2 days and eventually they promised me that they will take care of me, in both countries.
I hope so...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 10:35:22 PM by Ted68 »

Beemer m3

« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2024, 02:51:19 AM »

whoa what is the nail on top of ur knee for? u look like u have bent knees like me back then and ur foot has really high ballerina foot. hope u fix ur problems soon. what are u working out for ur knee?
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Ted68

« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2024, 06:51:08 AM »

whoa what is the nail on top of ur knee for? u look like u have bent knees like me back then and ur foot has really high ballerina foot. hope u fix ur problems soon. what are u working out for ur knee?

I showed you the nail which came out from femur. The thread is completely out of bone...

That was my first day of standing up after 4 months, so was an expected situation.
Yes, I cannot keep knees straight in standing position. Also my heels don't touch the ground because I never did any standing up or walking before. But, at least, my Achile tendons are flexible, so if PT guy push down my tibias, the heels touch the ground.
I do every day walking with rolling walker... and bad pain

Beemer m3

« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2024, 09:18:27 AM »

why did the doctor put a screw on top of the knee like that? how many weeks after lengthening for your femur? looks like u are healing fine. if u walk with slippers or shoes it helps alot with the ballerina feet. keeps ur heals calm.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Ted68

« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2024, 09:47:41 AM »

why did the doctor put a screw on top of the knee like that? how many weeks after lengthening for your femur? looks like u are healing fine. if u walk with slippers or shoes it helps alot with the ballerina feet. keeps ur heals calm.

I don't understand your question regarding "screw on top of knee".  In my picture you see a frontal x-ray of my left femur, with normal screw positions, proximal and distal. The only problem is that one of the distal screws is out...

I finished lengthening process for femur on March 26. Yes, its a beautiful callus, I love it !

Yes, when I walk with the rolling walker I always wear rubber sandals, because I feel much better.
I never liked in my life to walk barefoot, not even in my house. I always put slippers. But I took that picture barefoot because I wanted to see the real position on my heels up...

Assyiah

• Visitor
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2024, 10:16:14 PM »

I wish you luck in recovering and experiencing your new height. you inspired me alot reading this diary. a huge achievement to do at 55 year old. congratulations

Ted68

« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2024, 10:45:47 PM »

I wish you luck in recovering and experiencing your new height. you inspired me alot reading this diary. a huge achievement to do at 55 year old. congratulations

Thank you, man !
My diary is for guys like you, who really need somebody to tell them: "If I did it at my age, you can do it, all of you!"

It was tough, with a lot of suffer and obstacles. All I need now is to start walking, to be healthy like before and to enjoy my new height...

GoodJuju

• Visitor
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2024, 12:49:03 PM »

Great to see the progress Ted. Your height looks great on you - wishing you a speedy recovery to normal walking, etc 🙏

Btw how did the 5mm shortening > 5mm lengthening x2 help in terms of bone generation for your tibias? Any xray your tibias now? I’m assuming you’re only doing partial weigh bearing as you’re still consolidating for tibias?

Ted68

« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2024, 01:13:56 PM »

Great to see the progress Ted. Your height looks great on you - wishing you a speedy recovery to normal walking, etc 🙏

Btw how did the 5mm shortening > 5mm lengthening x2 help in terms of bone generation for your tibias? Any xray your tibias now? I’m assuming you’re only doing partial weigh bearing as you’re still consolidating for tibias?

Hi, Juju !
Yes, man, is not bad !
Today is my last day here and doctor will came and I will do an "after" measuring, in same conditions, with same clothes, and then I will show you here the comparing with my "before" picture. For sure will be a great moment !
BTW, my pants should be shorter now...

Regarding the cycles of reverse-regain is an electro-biochemical process which stimulates the callus formation. They also name it "accordion stimulation".

I did x-ray just after finishing the cycles but I didn't see any changes. Maybe I will do another one in 2 weeks.
Yes, now I am doing partial bearing walking, which is extremely painful because I didn't stand-up at all, for 4 months. And walking is another stimulus for callus...

Ted68

« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2024, 10:25:11 PM »

ARRIVED HOME

After many challenges and lots of stress I got home.
Before arriving I bought a wheelchair and a rolling walker. The wheelchair is brand new, but much worse than the one I used in Turkey and the walker is used, but much better quality...
Now I pray to God to nothing happen anymore, so I can be focus only on my recover.
As I promised you, I put here pictures before and after…

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UDxC9UCUwE3FFSj2A

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BaRaB2yZ53CTEXTb8

GoodJuju

• Visitor
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2024, 02:38:17 PM »

Very cool to see your great gain. Keep us in the loop with the regards to how the tibia bones are forming. You mentioned you’re doing partial weight bearing (on a 10.7mm nail if I recall correctly). How much weight% are you putting and how much are you standing or walking per day? Are you concerned about risk of bending a tibia nail or less concerned as it’s ‘only’ extended 5cm-ish (I heard the nails are at their weakest when fully extended)?

Ted68

« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2024, 03:11:27 PM »

Very cool to see your great gain. Keep us in the loop with the regards to how the tibia bones are forming. You mentioned you’re doing partial weight bearing (on a 10.7mm nail if I recall correctly). How much weight% are you putting and how much are you standing or walking per day? Are you concerned about risk of bending a tibia nail or less concerned as it’s ‘only’ extended 5cm-ish (I heard the nails are at their weakest when fully extended)?

Hey, Juju...
I am not very great, because I have an excruciating pain whenever I try to make a step with the walker, no matter how I put my weight on it. The pain is in the knees and especially on upper tibial screws.
So, since I came back home, I did no walk at all...
I know, I am a bad boy, but I preferred to just give a rest to myself.
We are in Easter time, so I need rest and peace, staying in my home like a lazy lizard. I sleep as much as I can and nobody bother me. After 17 weeks I am finally relaxed !

However, these last days I didn't waste time and I setup my next chapter, for rehab, so in few days I will go to a special clinic with hotel, with 3 meals, pool with salt and very warm water, kineto, physio and electro-therapy... where I will stay 2 months. So, all these are better and cheaper than what I got in Antwell hotell... and people understand all I say, not like there where I had to use the phone translator and to learn Turkish... Such  embarrassing for them !
Ohh, and not to forget, this place is in a quiet and almost pure air environment, not in a polluted, dusty, noisy traffic and surrounded by 10 mosques... which drove me crazy for 4 months !

Yes, as you said, because the tibial nail is half erected comparing with femurs, the risk of bending is much less. My concern is still my right femur nail and the missing screw in left tibia !

I already bought Voltaren based pills and suppositories, which i have to take before using the walker. I was talking with doctor today about all these. Also, he asked me to send him a new set of x-rays... Me too I am curious to see my missing screw on film...

Robert Adam

« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2024, 04:57:44 AM »

How much did you lengthen your tibia and femur each day? How many mm every day?

Ted68

« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2024, 07:47:48 AM »

How much did you lengthen your tibia and femur each day? How many mm every day?

Hello... too !
I can see you didn't read my diary, where you actually have all details...
Ok, I repeat here for you:

I started on femur with 0.35mm/session x 3 times/day. That means 1.05mm/day.
After tibia implant, I started on tibia same, with 0.35mm/session x 3 times/day. That means 2.1mm/day, for femur + tibia.
When I felt too much pain from elongation, I slowed down to 0.35mm/session x 2 times/day, to all 4 segments. That means 1.4mm/day, for femur + tibia, till the end.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 08:47:21 AM by Ted68 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up