Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down

Author Topic: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV  (Read 171601 times)

paco1

Re: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV
« Reply #465 on: January 06, 2015, 09:34:13 PM »

This surgery for lengthenig looks like very hard

crimsontide

« Reply #466 on: January 06, 2015, 09:38:15 PM »

well...

thats what wveryone says

its derfinitely harder than just realignment.... what makes lenghening hard is the tissue stretching

paco1

« Reply #467 on: January 06, 2015, 09:40:24 PM »

how much did you lengthening? i think 7cm

KrP1

« Reply #468 on: January 06, 2015, 09:44:02 PM »

Hey crimsontide . Hope you get better. You know who i am . We talked by skype some times.Get It done and be patient

paco1

« Reply #469 on: January 06, 2015, 09:44:19 PM »

for lengthening 5 or 5,5cm you would recomend only external or LON.

crimsontide

« Reply #470 on: January 06, 2015, 09:56:38 PM »

yes... im not gonna wait

gotta get it done

i did 7.5

ty kirk

paco... yes, or 6 maybe... but if ur very short... i understand the desire to do more

Taller

« Reply #471 on: January 06, 2015, 10:13:50 PM »

How do you feel about your proportions now that you've added 7.5CM to your tibiae?

crimsontide

« Reply #472 on: January 06, 2015, 10:20:27 PM »

oh... thats fine

i just hate my bent left leg:)

sux i gotta rebreak it

but everything else is ok

Taller

« Reply #473 on: January 06, 2015, 10:25:51 PM »

That's good to hear. Bent legs can be fixed, but too long legs are very hard to change. Good luck with your correction procedure! Can you get the leg realigned and then plated in the proport position right away, to save you from having to wear the gram for more months?

crimsontide

« Reply #474 on: January 06, 2015, 10:40:29 PM »

ty talleer

honestly... i was quite depressed today... but after talking to a few people,such as yourself... while i did make an error  by taking frames off too soon

everyone says its not that big of a deal long term... it can be corrected, and mush less time to heal than lengthening

i could probably get it fxed right away... but that means another surgery down the road to remove

id rather live with left leg frame for 2 months than have plates or nails

i just showed someone on skype my leg... they said its not even so bad

but i gotta get t fixed

im tempted to lengthen 2 more cm tbh since i gotta get it broken anyway... but ill resist that urge

crimsontide

« Reply #475 on: January 07, 2015, 06:44:20 AM »

dr got back to me quickly... he  said he suspected this might  occur...and will fix it

ill be in frames maybe 2.5 months... but only 1 leg... which i can  deal with

im not so upset  by this tbh..  i couldve had  more serious things happen, such as non union

crimsontide

« Reply #476 on: January 15, 2015, 03:29:44 PM »

so I saw dr rozbruch yesterday, had x rays done

it confirmed what I thought... that my right leg healed perfectly, and remarkably quickly... in 4 months after 7.5 cm, my right leg healed

but my  left leg  is definitely deformed.... knock kneed... 22 degrees, etc... it's really noticeable in the x rays... its almost definitely causing my slight foot numbness, they said... as it  does not appear to have nerve damage at all, and blood flow down there is also fine... rozbruch saw my achilles scar on the right leg, seemed to think dr shah did a good job

i now have 10 degrees  dorsiflexion  of both ankles also.... i do notice my ankles are  tired and stiff today after walking yesterday... he did write me a prescription for pt

He did say I need to get the left leg fixed soon... I can wait maybe 2 months to do this, but not a year....It's easily fixable, will take around 3 weeks if I choose external... but has to be fixed.... I'd be walking perfectly now if It weren't for my left leg.... The bone in both has already healed, so I can put weight on it until the surgery

It's also caused my left to be almost a cm shorter... but in surgery, would be fixed... my knee, ankle, etc are nowhere near where they should because of the knock knee deformity

He showed me the fixtor he would use... It's only 2 rings, very manageable....The other option is to fix it acutely, which would mean a rod in my my knee/leg that would be taken out in say 9 months

I think I will choose the fixator,but comments are welcomed

I contacted dr shah, he  said he would 3 rings... which I don't want at all.... I'm just waiting for the price of this surgery from dr rozbruch.. if it's too much, and I have to pay all of it, I might be forced to go elsewhere, which I do not want... Dr Rozbruch is in  ny, works at the hss, which is the best hospital in the nation for these kinds of things, and he's actually easy to get along with... He has a personality, unlike most other American doctors... He's a decent person...

If I have to go to india, etc... I'll try to get best price, but I think Parihar, maybe Dhawan(sp?)  are my options, as they use the hexapod... and I just saw the hexapod thanks to kilokahn's thread...

The hexapod is pretty much  the taylor spatial frame, exactly the same  frame Dr Rozbruch would use.... which is very very manageable..... and advanced...A computer  spits out the corrections you need....

I do not want something larger at this stage...

My scars are blah, but can be fixed, I'm guessing even my achilles ones, but not a concern for me now... I can be cured and walking normally with perfect alignment 6 walks after surgery, and am looking forward to getting this journey finished

As an aside, I suggest rgkey fixes his leg too... Dr Rozbruch said these issues will cause problems in the future if not corrected... and he meant even a year's wait would be too long

crimsontide

« Reply #477 on: January 15, 2015, 11:42:48 PM »

Also...

to be 100% clear...

i have slight numbness on the outside of my left foot...  the top of my foot, sole are ok... All my toes move fine, and even on the outside of my left foot, it doesnt start until near the rear.. but im guessing its sural damage from the achilles surgery

Supposedly this is solely a sensory nerve, does not impact function, and it will  perhaps go away soon, but it's there

So there's a negative for dr shah

crimsontide

« Reply #478 on: January 15, 2015, 11:46:46 PM »

Though its a weird type of numbness... its a very tiny area, and if i simply glide my fingers  over it,  it feels almost normal, but if I  put pressure on it, it feels a bit different

That might mean its gonna get even better, a minor  thing that will heal soon... and also once i get left leg realigned, that might  fix it as well

I'm guessing it goes away... But you guys want every tiny detail... so there you go

crimsontide

« Reply #479 on: January 17, 2015, 11:36:58 PM »

decided on going with rozbruch, even though I have to get a different insurance and pay a higer premium... should have done it  earlier tbh

I'm in nyc, rozbruch is the best, and he's actually a decent person... I wanna make sure I have 100% function in the future, and eel more confident going with dr rozbruch

Also, the taylor spatial frame used is actually consoderably more advanced... I only need 2 rings for correction... every other dr said at least 3, possibly 4...   

Here is my advice for future llers...  Even though I had a decent/good result, and will have  95-100% function, I would not recommend going  out of europe/ usa for this  procedure

I know  that for many of you, this means you would not be able to afford it, but it's my current view... 

« Reply #480 on: January 18, 2015, 12:37:45 AM »

decided on going with rozbruch, even though I have to get a different insurance and pay a higer premium... should have done it  earlier tbh

I'm in nyc, rozbruch is the best, and he's actually a decent person... I wanna make sure I have 100% function in the future, and eel more confident going with dr rozbruch

Also, the taylor spatial frame used is actually consoderably more advanced... I only need 2 rings for correction... every other dr said at least 3, possibly 4...   

Here is my advice for future llers...  Even though I had a decent/good result, and will have  95-100% function, I would not recommend going  out of europe/ usa for this  procedure

I know  that for many of you, this means you would not be able to afford it, but it's my current view...

Yeah, that's exactly why doing LL in India or Russia is dumb. Ilizarov-frames aren't being used for over 10+years in first world countries, because the Taylor-Spatial-Frame is far superior. 

ItsMyLife

« Reply #481 on: January 18, 2015, 01:17:32 AM »

I agree.. the standard of care is better in Singapore/usa/Europe/the more advanced countries like korea.
but whilst Singapore is well known for its medical standards, I am  just not sure about the limb lengthening (just as korea is better for cosmetic surgery than SG)
at this point of time, I do not regret going out of SG to do surgery.

crimsontide

« Reply #482 on: January 18, 2015, 01:47:43 AM »

also want to point out something

while ill be ok even though i went out of the states for surgery... it was still a bad idea... I got lucky...

i had bad equinus, infections, swollen ankles, bent leg,etc

I was lucky.... others are not  so lucky... if you decide to do it in russia or india,etc... you might not be as lucky

ItsMyLife

« Reply #483 on: January 18, 2015, 02:33:19 AM »

also want to point out something

while ill be ok even though i went out of the states for surgery... it was still a bad idea... I got lucky...

i had bad equinus, infections, swollen ankles, bent leg,etc

I was lucky.... others are not  so lucky... if you decide to do it in russia or india,etc... you might not be as lucky

were u infected?

luckily I do not have equinus or bent leg.. or swollen ankle

crimsontide

« Reply #484 on: January 18, 2015, 03:06:08 AM »

minor pin site infections, nothing serious

equinus was fixed acutely... no more swollen ankles because of it

ItsMyLife

« Reply #485 on: January 18, 2015, 04:25:55 AM »

minor pin site infections, nothing serious

equinus was fixed acutely... no more swollen ankles because of it

thanks.. anyway i am lengthening faster than u.... 8 dec till now i did 3 cm.. so i will have to slow down... to avoid complications

Samuimw

« Reply #486 on: March 22, 2015, 09:14:30 AM »

I'm planning for Dr. Bagirov this year (2015) , I hope the price doesn't differ from 6500 euro too much. I'm thinking of 7.5 Cm or less because im only 163 Cm tall and it makes me feel bad everyday. I had studied LL for a year now and it's the money that's holding me back but now I think I'm ready. Is someone else going for Dr. Bagirov?
I'd just E'mailed Anna today hoping for a response .

crimsontide

« Reply #487 on: March 28, 2015, 11:35:53 PM »

to those comparing external vs internal vs lon,heres some info

my knees do not hurt... but i did external, and i just tried an exercise  where i had to stretch by putting one knee on the ground, and stretch out the other leg

this was on a hardwood floor... i wasnt in pain, but it definitely was not comfortable... i think ll in general makes your lower limbs more sensitive

crimsontide

« Reply #488 on: April 09, 2015, 11:03:12 AM »

tried to post video yesterday

i woke up todaf exercising yesterday...  veryhumid today... and i feel like im 100 years old when i had to get up and walk

forget my left leg alignment issue for a second

my feet/ankles just feel very very achey.... wouldnt classify it as pain, but sore and achey

its depressing tbh.....i dont have equinus anymore... if i do, its extremely minor...  yet my feet feel like  

if it doesnt get better,  i cant say dont get surgery... being short sux.... and it does take more than 12 months to get better from 7.5 cm tibia lengthening

feeling this way really really sux though.... and x rays show my feet/ankle to be normal... but its like im an old man impacted by weather,exercise

i guess i should do more pt, but others that did little feel fine... of course after many years

hoping this gets better....  feel like sweden

crimsontide

« Reply #489 on: April 09, 2015, 11:25:46 AM »

just went over swedens diary

and fro my own experience... and rgkey, and friend in russia.... not ure about medium drink of water, as that part of his diary isnt up yet

but this whole thing looks like it takes up to 2 years to get fully normal

if you look at swden... he had surgery june 2013... in  almost may of 2014, he posted he was about 55% better

last post in his diary was feb 2015 and he seems much better, but thats over 2 years

rgkey  is i think 18 months out, not 100% yet...im 12 months out.... russian friend took at least 15-16 months just to walk normally and hs not 100% now at 17 months... kilokahn will likely take a year just to walk unaided

i hope people read this and have realistic expectations.........   lengthening over 6 cm, around 7 cm... but even less sometimes, means you will most likely need 24 months or so to  get back to whatever your  maximum is going to be

don't try to fool yourself

abo

« Reply #490 on: April 09, 2015, 11:47:57 AM »

just went over swedens diary

and fro my own experience... and rgkey, and friend in russia.... not ure about medium drink of water, as that part of his diary isnt up yet

but this whole thing looks like it takes up to 2 years to get fully normal

if you look at swden... he had surgery june 2013... in  almost may of 2014, he posted he was about 55% better

last post in his diary was feb 2015 and he seems much better, but thats over 2 years

rgkey  is i think 18 months out, not 100% yet...im 12 months out.... russian friend took at least 15-16 months just to walk normally and hs not 100% now at 17 months... kilokahn will likely take a year just to walk unaided

i hope people read this and have realistic expectations.........   lengthening over 6 cm, around 7 cm... but even less sometimes, means you will most likely need 24 months or so to  get back to whatever your  maximum is going to be

don't try to fool yourself

Lengthening is a long process and takes a year and sometimes more to restore completely. People do sports after lengthening and until now none of our patients complained of pain. In our clinic the doctors see patients daily and if necessary, make all corrections needed. Though it may happen so that a patient doesn't follow the doctor's advice and gets a complication, such as contracture of the Achilles tendon.

It's possible to do sports 6 months after consolidation is over and the patient leaves the hospital.

I got this answer when i asked! what should i think about it?! i even asked if i could be 100% after the LL operation!

I asked Dr.Barinov

But then again i only thinkinb about do 4,5cm - 5cm! and not a mm more!

crimsontide

« Reply #491 on: April 09, 2015, 12:23:25 PM »

its not pain thats the issue

i cant say im ever in pain

it just takes forever to heal... i was reading sweden's diary just now...  a year from surgery he said was 35% recovered

35%!   hes now at 82% but  this is now over 2 years

im probably at 40% healed... once my left leg is fixed, might jump up to 60 or more,idk yet

would like to know how well  medium was doing 12 to 24 months from surgery

this takes forever... trust me...and contractures are possible no matter what

as faer as sports or 100% recovery... sports is definitley possible

i do not believe anyone recovers 100%... especially if you lengthen over 6 cm

abo

« Reply #492 on: April 09, 2015, 01:21:01 PM »

its not pain thats the issue

i cant say im ever in pain

it just takes forever to heal... i was reading sweden's diary just now...  a year from surgery he said was 35% recovered

35%!   hes now at 82% but  this is now over 2 years

im probably at 40% healed... once my left leg is fixed, might jump up to 60 or more,idk yet

would like to know how well  medium was doing 12 to 24 months from surgery

this takes forever... trust me...and contractures are possible no matter what

as faer as sports or 100% recovery... sports is definitley possible

i do not believe anyone recovers 100%... especially if you lengthen over 6 cm

But if you stay under 6cm or exactely at 6cm you think 100% recover is a possibility?

crimsontide

« Reply #493 on: April 09, 2015, 02:02:24 PM »

no, i dont

abo

« Reply #494 on: April 09, 2015, 02:16:47 PM »

no, i dont

All i needed to hear to stay away from this ^^! tho i read in this forum you could buy some vitamine?! to not loss your morning hight? do you know what that is all about?! if so i can still be 182/183cm the whole day:)! instead of 180,5/181cm!

crimsontide

« Reply #495 on: April 09, 2015, 02:27:02 PM »

would never think about this surgery if youre 180 cm

i was under 170
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up