Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please HELP: if you did LON give me your advice  (Read 136 times)

Betall87

• Visitor
Please HELP: if you did LON give me your advice
« on: May 05, 2024, 04:46:19 AM »

Hi All,

Those who did the surgery, did you experience the following?
- Your scan result lengthening measurement is not reflecting the actual number of turns you do.

For example you do 4 times turn a day which is 1ml a day so in10 days you suppose to get 1cm but in practice you only gain 0.60 cm instead of 1cm as per the scan. Have you experience this ? If yes how did you calculate your lengenthing period ? Was it based on the scan result or the number of the turns you do manually on the LON machine ?

- One leg is lengenthing more than the other one ? If yes please share your experience ?

Bagga

Re: Please HELP: if you did LON give me your advice
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 05:43:49 AM »

Hi All,

Those who did the surgery, did you experience the following?
- Your scan result lengthening measurement is not reflecting the actual number of turns you do.

For example you do 4 times turn a day which is 1ml a day so in10 days you suppose to get 1cm but in practice you only gain 0.60 cm instead of 1cm as per the scan. Have you experience this ? If yes how did you calculate your lengenthing period ? Was it based on the scan result or the number of the turns you do manually on the LON machine ?

- One leg is lengenthing more than the other one ? If yes please share your experience ?

In short, the final result should determine by XRAY, not based on the clicking and turning estimation.
XRAY will have some bias +/-2mm to 4mm and also depending where the measurement points being placed.

A simple check is to measure your new height vs old height, you will know how many cm you grow.
Most importantly -- you need to ensure both legs are almost equal so that the walking gait is normal.

Pages: [1]   Go Up