Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am going to have LL surgery ( guichet )  (Read 5785 times)

backrandom

Re: I am going to have LL surgery ( guichet )
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 04:46:05 PM »

Despite what has happened to Unicorn, I do still think that Guichet is a good choice. If you reread Unicorns diary, she did a lot of things wrong. Not saying it's 100% her fault and of course Guichet does not have good bedside manners at all. But is he a good surgeon, yes. Can he be a jerk? yes.

Even if it's a more painful/older nail, you cannot lie with his results. Other than unicorn, look at how soon his patients are back to their old lives, and look how much they can excersise during the whole thing. THAT is what you are paying for. You may say that it is "overpriced" for the nail, but you need to account for the experience of Guichet and how quick you will be back to life compared to other methods

And for the aspirin thing, look at how many patient's have been forced to lengthen fast at 1.25 mm+ just to avoid preconsolidation, and look what it does to your soft tissues. Honestly I am more fearful of preconsolidation than non-union. With the amount of weightbearing that his patients do, im not surprised that he gives something to slow down the consolidation.

Just listen to him but also listen to your body/bones, if you see you are not consolidating well, then take a break from lengthening + help your soft tissues catch up etc etc all of the basic things that you learn from actually researchign the procedure

WTF? What in hell did she do wrong? She was 100% correct. Instead of supporting fellow patients in trouble some of you have the bad habit of blaming them. I think there is a psychological explanation for this. According to you, Unicorn had a bad result with Guichet because she did many things wrong, and that wouldn't happen to you because you would respect all guidelines. However, the real thing is you can be maimed no matter whom you choose to perform your surgery and no matter how well you respect the surgeon's advices, since this is a high risk surgery. It's true some patients don't contribute to their own healing, by adopting high risk behaviours, but it isn't the case of Unicorn, and she deserves respect. Those of you who blame her deserve going to Guichet and getting maimed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up