Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which doctor ?  (Read 573 times)

Cath25402

• Visitor
Which doctor ?
« on: June 07, 2020, 08:10:53 PM »

Im determined to have LL surgery, but I am not sure which doctor to go to.
What affordable and safe doctors do you guys know of?
I would really rather not to have surgery outside the US because of checkups and the fact that my family doesn’t really support it and i really don’t like the idea of going out of the country on my own for a surgery.
And what rates do they have for both femurs and tibias ? I know Dr.Paley is about $197,000 for 2 inches on each.
I initially wanted to go to Dr.Paley but the rates are too high.
Also how do you guys know of any sort of financing?
Current height : 162 cm / 5’4”
Aim : 172 cm / 5’8”

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Which doctor ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 08:29:29 PM »

Mahboubian and Debiparshad are your best bet for domestic. Financing is just take out loans from banks. You pretty much gotta have a high income to get approved for large loans.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

germanlim

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 09:53:50 PM »

HarryWang

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 11:51:30 PM »

Don't go to Debiparshad. The guy is a hack tracking to make a quick buck and even in Cyborg4life's interview with Paley it was easily deduced that Paley was talking about Debiparshad when mentioning doctors who lie about their patient numbers and do the procedure because it's lucrative. Go to Dr D if you want a host of problems later on.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 01:15:09 AM »

Yes, I wouldnt recommend Debiparshad solely because he does this for profit. I listened to that interview and agree. Debi is competent, but he is not an limb deformity surgeon. He is exclusively a stature lengthening doctor and does his spine surgery as his main work. The experience and general intuition will be far lower than someone like mahboubian who does actual limb deformity and limb salvaging.

You probably will be fine going to Dr. D, but your treatment is significantly better in the hands of someone like Mahboubian if you want budget.

I only recommended Dr. D because he's one of the cheaper US surgeons. I did not realize at the time of commenting that he is solely a spine surgeon and literally does not do deformity correction for limbs, which is unlike every other good doctor. But I would go to Dr. Mahboubian for sure if you want cheap and experienced.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

FormerKidd

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 03:08:46 AM »

Im determined to have LL surgery, but I am not sure which doctor to go to.... I know Dr.Paley is about $197,000 for 2 inches on each.

As a general rule, if you want a lot of growth, I would suggest that you consider doing femurs first, and then doing tibias later if you still so desire.
Pages: [1]   Go Up