Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down

Author Topic: VERY FERST STEP - INDIA - Dr. Anil Raheja  (Read 271695 times)

Sweatpants

Re: VERY FERST STEP - INDIA - Dr. Anil Raheja
« Reply #558 on: October 22, 2014, 08:23:50 AM »

hi ,
in general, hmm I don't know,
I'm not doing my best, not even my second best, which I know it's completely wrong,  I  just don't want to be tired or have slight pain anymore, the last two days I spent them lying down in the bed, ..
none of my doctors promise me anything, they know this could take long time.
home is the last thing I'm thinking about right now, don't want to comeback with  walker or crutches..

Diso,

You are a very strong person and an inspiration for lots of people here. I hope you will feel better and stronger as soon as possible, and will start to use your gorgeous legs full power  8).
Wish you best, girl!

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #559 on: October 22, 2014, 10:48:23 AM »

Hi all

I'll measure my height again tmw, I think my duckass getting better or maybe it just my imagination

greek: I'm not a programmer, I'm an Engineer   8)
Bullsurfer:  ;D I didn't find it by myself, my physio doc took it from physio department and put it in my room
RGKEY: yeah indeed, if she really love herself being short, then lucky you RGKEY, this kind usually love to play games and use their fantasy a lot  :D  ..

I kind of want to have sex with a small girl, under 5 feet! haha hasn't happened yet haha throwing her around and all! must be fun!! lol
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

Disobedient

« Reply #560 on: October 26, 2014, 05:37:54 PM »

Hi all
 :)
'm Feeling good today, I just came up from mindcafe, I was almost forget how it's feel to set  in a cafe  :D .
I'm much more independent now, I can walk "by walker", take shower, etc all by my self  ;D
tmw, I'll go to spa it's in ground floor .. :D

knee bending still bad, there is a very tiny improvement everyday.,
walking is improving but it still funny, and my right leg is much stronger than my left . maybe from tmw I'll start walking   with crutches .

things that I need to improve are :-
1- knee bending (I'm still around 60, and 90 with CPM)
2- ankle movement ( I can move my ankle up to 95 deg , I need to improve that )
3- standing posture (  I have to strength my hip muscle + knee muscle in order to improve my posture  )

---
sweatpants: Thanks for the words of comfort and support. It means a lot  :-*
RGKEY: change is always fun  ;)

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #561 on: October 26, 2014, 09:36:49 PM »

I don't understand your 95 degrees for ankle comment?

the normal range of motion is:

•Ankle plantar flexion (movement downward) 0-50 degrees
•Ankle dorsiflexion (movement upward) 0-20 degrees

0 degrees is a flat on the ground foot.

Disobedient

« Reply #562 on: October 26, 2014, 10:26:43 PM »

consider 0 as 90
95 mean 5deg upward

it depends how you look at it

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #563 on: October 26, 2014, 11:06:57 PM »

cool 5 degrees dorsiflexion is good :)

its to bad you don't have pre operation figures to compare to.

after reading this iv decided to get a physio to measure me before I do LL :)

what methods are you using to work on knee bending?
and what methods are you using to work on dorsiflexion(aka ballerina)?

ps. I like the photo.  we should start a thread which just has diagrams on the normal range of motions for femur, tibia, humerus.

I was told but I still don't understand how to post photos in large form like you just did :(

Disobedient

« Reply #564 on: October 27, 2014, 09:11:54 PM »

with my limited English I'm not sure if I could explain all the exercises that I do ..

But I'll try to post some pic that demonstrate them ( and it's easy to do that . right click to the pic - copy image location - then  then post the link inside this code  [im*g][/img] "there is no star in the code" )

for ankle movement and with help with physio doctor I do " Resisted exercise"  where I try to move my ankel forward the physio try to push it backward and vice versa. and I do that by myself too using elastic band, or belt ( like in the pic)

Also , I try to stand against the wall and try to bend my knee til it touch the wall, this will help my knee bending + ankle

you can control the distance between your foot and the wall, depending in how bad is your knee bending (with the longer distance you'll have to bend your knee a lot)

and I try to stand  straight against the wall but this time my back is touching the wall, and I try to bend my knee ( and unlike the next pic I try to not keep gap between my feet and the wall which is much harder)

I do the same exercise as shown in pic

also I set at the edge of my bed and I put towel under my feet then I try to bend my knee, 50 times by myself, and 50 with the help of the physio doc

and I put small towel under my knee and I should press my knee down for like 10 sec, then I repeat that about 25 times, also , with keeping towel under my knee I try to lift up my leg  " it's more like keeping my leg straight'

there are also these exercise where I lie down in my stomach and the physio doc try to bend my knee, and then I try to lift my leg which is extremely hard

Disobedient

« Reply #565 on: October 29, 2014, 12:25:36 PM »

Now I'm very happy that I can see solid improvement in my case
I went down to physio department walking, of course the pt dr was holding my hand  :D
and the senior dr examined me , he said my hip muscles are so tight " that's why I can't bend my knee properly" so he decided a new set of exercises
also he used a device that suppose to relax the muscle that has been tightened  and contracted due wearing the eternal femur for about a year..

in the way back to my room I walk by myself without holding hand , I walked about 7m by myself,, I did look like penguin but still I'm happy that i was able to walk by myself without any support  ;D

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #566 on: October 29, 2014, 04:15:52 PM »

It's great that you're on the way to recovery. The dedication you possess is inspiring  :)
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Disobedient

« Reply #567 on: November 01, 2014, 01:51:22 PM »

Thanks KiloKAHN  :)

so today I started walking using crutches .. it is very easy.. I mean easier than using the walker.. anyway.. I tried hard to use the crutches just to keep my balance.. but I cheated sometimes  ::) by putting some weight n them rather than my legs..

and this is the machine they use, for release/relaxing  my muscles , it's called Electro Myopulse
here is an article about it http://www.healthrestorationnc.com/process.htm 

Metanoia

« Reply #568 on: November 01, 2014, 03:32:50 PM »

Hi Diso,

congratulations on your progress. Your positive attitude is admirable. :)

Disobedient

« Reply #569 on: November 01, 2014, 05:19:10 PM »

Thaks mime

We all make mistakes bro. By the way diso, are you sure you want to do more surgery ? Maybe it's just in your head and won't make you happy. Be careful anyway.

I know it's an old comment, but I just passed by some pics of  Korean cosmetic surgeries and I remembered your comment, so no it's not just in my head, but if  take a look at those pic(s) too you would think , I'm much more beautiful than those ladies to begin with so I'll end up I dunno something I can't even imagine  8)

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #570 on: November 01, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »

Diso, you're progressing nicely. Can you give us a pic of you standing straight. I just want know how long your wingspan is relative to your new height.

The people of before and after cosmetic surgery aren't all that pretty like I thought they would.

Disobedient

« Reply #571 on: November 04, 2014, 01:29:28 PM »

lool I found them pretty comparing to "before" pictures ,anyway I'll post pic when I feel I'm up to it  :)

--

there are nothing new to update, it just I realize I start to put more weight in crutches which I'm not suppose to do, my walking was much better before when I was walking without them,,  :-\

my right x-leg really bother me (not in walking) but it's really ugly !!!! I don't want to go through another surgery at the meantime ,, but also, I feel bad every time I look at it..

still have duckass, and I don't  want to measure my height again til I totally  get rid of duckass ..

Disobedient

« Reply #572 on: November 12, 2014, 01:13:45 PM »

I'm really angry and disappointed , I measured my height again and it's 159-158cm !!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I thought I'd be at least 161cm , since my duckass improved
YEAH I HAVE DUCKASS, AND YES MY I CANT STRAIGHT MY KNEE FULLY WHILE I"M STANDING
BUT 158-159cm REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE !! I WAS 5ft ~153cm
AND I GAINED 11CM SAY 10CM, THAT'S PUT ME AT 163CM (-2CM BECAUSE OF DUCKASS )= 161CM!
HOW IN THE EARTH I'M JUST 158!!!!!
DOES THAT MEAN I GAINED 5 OR 6CM !!!!
THE XRAY SHOWED I GAINED 11CM .. BUT IN THE REALITY I JUST GAINED 5CM !  :-\ :'( :-\ :'( :-\ :'( >:( >:(

TRS

« Reply #573 on: November 12, 2014, 01:25:17 PM »

Wait till your duck-ass goes away completely and you can fully straighten your knees. Then you will be able to get your final height.
Under normal circumstances, the X-ray should only give an error of few mm. Well for me it was around few mm.
If the X-ray shows 11cm, then you should gain approxiamtely that amount.
BTW Did your surgeon lengthen your femurs along the anatomical axis? Because if he did then you can expect up to 1cm loss in height due to the oblique alignment of the femurs.
Again, wait till you're fully recovered and then measure your final height.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #574 on: November 16, 2014, 02:28:38 AM »

measure your self correctly, maybe there is a mistake. but are you sure the xray showed differently??
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #575 on: November 16, 2014, 11:33:46 AM »

who measured your height before surgery? you or the doctor?

a lot of people incorrectly measure their height and think they are taller than they really were.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Beardedguy

• Visitor
« Reply #576 on: December 19, 2014, 06:27:02 AM »

So, How's everything going Diso?
Height: 180 (5'11)
Wingspan: 186.5 (6'1 1/2)
Desired height: 1.88 (6'2)
Weight: 67kg (147lb)

Disobedient

« Reply #577 on: December 25, 2014, 01:25:35 PM »

Hi all . and merry Xmas..

well about the height loss. I think "now" that I lost some cm during the surgery .. they measured the gap from x-ray and they told me I didn't lose any cm .. but I doubt it ..
so I told them  again to bring ct scan that I had before and compare it with new one. IN FRONT of me .. and I'm waiting ..

my height now is almost 159 , and I still have duckass,  so I maybe ended up with 161cm at top, but let's see
I can walk for 60 min without support by now,  and I can climb the stairs (it's painful though)..
hmm yeah and my knee bending is about 80-85 deg ..

what bothers me now are the knock knee, the scars , and I'm limping " a bit", and of course the knee bending as I'm still just 85 as I mentioned before ..

paco1

« Reply #578 on: December 25, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »

Hi disobedient, merry christmas to you too.
Sorry to listen about heigh lose.
we hope your recovery go well. 1,61 is a very good heigh for a woman.
Cheers paco.

4cms

« Reply #579 on: December 25, 2014, 02:00:37 PM »

Disobedient please please take my advice only lengthen 5 cms on tibia and 4 cms on femurs.  If you do this your recovery will be speedy and safe. 
At most you should do no more than 10 cms - 5cms tibia - 5cms on femurs.
Please believe me I have seen what happens with 2 patients from the guest house in india when lengthened too much.
Trust me I have done it i only lengthened about 5.5 to 6 cms and my recovery was actually the quickest in the guest house.
Even Amit or crazy 6 was jealous of me because I showed up and was walking in 3 months.
But if you do more than 5 or 6 cms per segment you will suffer regardless of weather you are a woman with less tight muscles.
At most 10 cms tibia and femurs combined trust my words on that.

4cms

« Reply #580 on: December 25, 2014, 02:02:34 PM »

Sorry disobedient I didn't realise you were already finished lol my bad.  Disregard my previous reply.

Sweatpants

« Reply #581 on: December 26, 2014, 07:23:32 PM »

well about the height loss. I think "now" that I lost some cm during the surgery .. they measured the gap from x-ray and they told me I didn't lose any cm .. but I doubt it ..
so I told them  again to bring ct scan that I had before and compare it with new one. IN FRONT of me .. and I'm waiting ..

my height now is almost 159 , and I still have duckass,  so I maybe ended up with 161cm at top, but let's see
I can walk for 60 min without support by now,  and I can climb the stairs (it's painful though)..

what bothers me now are the knock knee, the scars , and I'm limping " a bit", and of course the knee bending as I'm still just 85 as I mentioned before ..

Hi Diso,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sorry to hear about the height, i am sure it is a mistake and you should measure yourself again. How you do that? does anybody help you?
I was at the hospital once and two different nurses measured my height and it was two different results with 2cm difference..so, possibly it's your case two.

I wouldn't count on a duckass, i did that too, but at the end, when it went away the height remained the same... but again, everybody (or every body) is different.

Be well, you one tough woman  8)

TomD

• Private
« Reply #582 on: December 26, 2014, 07:59:39 PM »

Wow! What a diary.

I am so glad you have come through the other side now somewhat unscathed. You have more courage than all of us combined.  8)

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #583 on: December 27, 2014, 12:35:07 AM »

Merry Xmas Diso. Be strong, you're getting there.

Blackhawk

« Reply #584 on: December 27, 2014, 01:09:26 AM »

It's good to hear from you Diso!

The worst is behind you.  You are now a normal height for a girl.  You just have to get some scars removed and get your strength back and you'll be back to normal.  :)

Disobedient

« Reply #585 on: January 12, 2015, 01:36:36 PM »

I have to post this update, I'm literally shaking .. but I think it's better to write that cuz I know if something really bad happened  I won't  be able to post for months ..

last Saturday  was just like any Saturday .. I had lot of pt I walked unaided and I claimed the stairs .. everything was just perfect .. my walking improved I won't say A LOT .. but you have to keep stare at me to notice that I had some difficulty with walking ( at least that's what I have been told) .. my speed just fine... but I tend to limp sometime .. so everything was just normal like any other day..

at 12 AM I had some pain in my left knee.. but I though it maybe muscle pain due climbing stairs .. at 9 clock I noticed that I had some sort of shortness breath.. but I didn't give it a lot of attention as it goes away by 12 pm ..
the pain on the other side was still there .. (it's important to indicate that I only felt pain when I was standing .. there is absolutely no pain when I'm bending my knee, that's why I thought it's just some muscle ache and it would go away)..
 I took shower as usual and I felt again shortness of my breath .. and frankly I wasn't in shape to  make a right call .. so I sat down on the chair trying to solve this dilemma should  I just finish showering and ask for nurse , or can I stay for 5 min more and apply hair condition Huh..! well I choose the second option which is to apply hair condition .. 
somehow I was able to do that and finished my path as quick as I could , then I called the nurse who immediately checked my BP and told me  I have low BP ( I think this is  the first time for me to have low BP) anyway she gave something to drink then she informed the doctor.. I was fine again except for the knee pain which I thought it's a muscle ache ..
so I took rest and  drink plenty of fluid .. till 5 pm I had have fever so they gave me paracetamol , the fever gone by 7pm so everything was steady I guess .. I felt some tiredness but I thought it's due fever..  today I noticed some swollen in my left knee I'm not sure if that was there yesterday .. but I just notice it now. I called the nurse and she called my doctor.. who made a mark and told them to start IV antibiotic and have  Ct scan blood test and so .. and he told me it's maybe an infection ..

I know what infection means in my case, and I read some horror stories about some ppl who had infection and they ended up losing their limbs   :'( , I wish that won't happen to me..

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #586 on: January 12, 2015, 05:17:25 PM »

be strong disobedient.

when you go through leg lengthening your mind always assumes the worst.

the antibiotics will fix you. it might not even be an infection. I would wait to see what the doctor sais. and at the moment try not to stress about it.

I doubt you are going to loose your limbs

hmm its really weird symptoms though. pain In knee and shortness of breath, and low blood pressure. well I doubt it is possible to be embolism but some of those symptoms cross relate.

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #587 on: January 12, 2015, 05:23:14 PM »

A pulmonary embolus is one of the life-threatening causes of chest pain and should always be considered when a patient presents to a healthcare provider with complaints of chest pain and shortness of breath.

There are special types of pulmonary embolus that are not due to blood clots, but instead are due to other body materials. These are rare occurrences and include:
fat emboli from a broken femur,
an amniotic fluid embolus in pregnancy, and
in some cases, tumor tissue from cancer.

The signs and symptoms are the same as that of a blood clot, and is caused by blockage of part of the arterial tree of the lung, and prevents the blood's ability to reach all parts of the lung tissue.

http://www.medicinenet.com/pulmonary_embolism/article.htm

A low-grade fever may be present, particularly if there is associated pulmonary hemorrhage or infarction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_embolism
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

Moubgf

« Reply #588 on: January 12, 2015, 05:46:07 PM »

rip diso..

just kidding. probably since your bone is sawed in half and you being a female. Your body is just in save mode. Drink some soup and get some protein you be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up