Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: VERY FERST STEP - INDIA - Dr. Anil Raheja  (Read 271709 times)

Metanoia

Re: VERY FERST STEP - INDIA - Dr. Anil Raheja
« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2014, 09:26:42 AM »

Hello Disobedient,

i really do hope you are fine and keep up your positive attitude. Sweden is correct. You need to keep on the rails for at least 4 to 5 months before you have enough new bone to stand up. Unfortunately the bone grows very slowly if you are not moving. Therefore in order to stand up you should consider implanting IM nails into both your femur and tibia. What could help is a swimming pool with a lift. If you have this kind of swimming pool close to you you could start excercising in the water first. The water makes you lighter and you won't break your bones even if not fully consolidated.

Best regards

hand_sanitizer

« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2014, 11:50:57 AM »

Says someone who doesn't know jack s**t.

This girl is going to face serious problems.
Look, we know u had LL done and i really appreciate u sharing ur experiences and advice.
BUT, recently, u've been nothing but a galore of contradictions. I've said this many many times, there are better ways of conveying a msg, u just happen to suck at it.
Lastly, I'm currently a LL patient. I may not know   but i do know Jack.

Sweden

« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2014, 01:04:38 PM »

Look, we know u had LL done and i really appreciate u sharing ur experiences and advice.
BUT, recently, u've been nothing but a galore of contradictions. I've said this many many times, there are better ways of conveying a msg, u just happen to suck at it.
Lastly, I'm currently a LL patient. I may not know s**t but i do know Jack.

Then you should know she will break all of her bones if the doctor removes the rails now.

I know how I wrote it......
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

JP

« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2014, 06:14:44 PM »

Disobedient:

Hope you’re doing well

A man who wore a monorail for a total of six months to be 6cm taller, and finally after the removal his femurs snapped immediately… http://www.shortsupport.org/Health/Leg-Lengthening/armenia.html

I think this is unlikely to happen to you if you check your x-rays to be sure your bones are 100% consolidated.

JP

« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2014, 06:30:27 PM »

can u give me the emil of ur doctor? how u got vissa for more than 1 month? do ur dr do ilizarov methode too ?
can u ask and answer me?

Here is the email address ( jitendar.pariyani@novaspecialtysurgery.com )

Leonardo2013

« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »

Diso,

Everyone's body is different and no one can predict how good/bad one's healing ability will be like. Just wait and see how your callus starts to form when you get your upcoming x-rays and definitely do not remove your rails until you're sure the density of your bones is thick enough to support your weight. Good luck!

Claude

« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2014, 07:35:58 PM »

Stay focus Diso -)
Be careful about your callus, you should post your Xrays so people who did LL can give you some feedbacks.
Hope you dont feel too much pain.

ant

« Reply #224 on: January 09, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »

Hi
Im Ant from old forum .  I was butchered in india, maybe you read my diary??
You will be totally fine in time.  Do not have internal rods fitted as the trauma of the extra surgery is bad news.  Keep the monorail fixators on until consolidation.  I don't like the way Sweden keeps saying your going to be crippled.  You will be totally fine in time.  I can now walk near 100% perfect and Ive done 6 inches.  Your muscles will get realy tight but just push through it.  Once the frames are removed you will regain flexibility very fast.  Ye it will take several months to walk decent but you will do for sure.  Just keep the lengthening at a steady amount per day

Adriano

« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2014, 01:37:22 AM »

she has already stopped lengthenning.

she did 11cm

Adriano

« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2014, 01:39:15 AM »

Hi
Im Ant from old forum . .  I can now walk near 100% perfect and Ive done 6 inches. 

how did u kengthen ur femurs? 
 and how much did u lengthen them?

and who was ur Dr?

Smallguy

« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2014, 01:55:08 AM »

Hi
Im Ant from old forum .  I was butchered in india, maybe you read my diary??
You will be totally fine in time.  Do not have internal rods fitted as the trauma of the extra surgery is bad news.  Keep the monorail fixators on until consolidation.  I don't like the way Sweden keeps saying your going to be crippled.  You will be totally fine in time.  I can now walk near 100% perfect and Ive done 6 inches.  Your muscles will get realy tight but just push through it.  Once the frames are removed you will regain flexibility very fast.  Ye it will take several months to walk decent but you will do for sure.  Just keep the lengthening at a steady amount per day

Hey Ant,

Were you the body-builder who went to India for LL and went back home with the frame to do the extraction? Afterward, your doctor stopped replying?

I think I have read your diary while I was in India. You should copy and paste your diary here so people can understand about your experience.

I almost felt sorry for you. Are you fine now? Sprint, jump, and no pain, etc.? 6 inches is a great achievement. Congratulation.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ant

« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2014, 04:32:33 PM »

Hey Ant,

Were you the body-builder who went to India for LL and went back home with the frame to do the extraction? Afterward, your doctor stopped replying?

I think I have read your diary while I was in India. You should copy and paste your diary here so people can understand about your experience.

I almost felt sorry for you. Are you fine now? Sprint, jump, and no pain, etc.? 6 inches is a great achievement. Congratulation.

yes that's me.
I can walk, no problem.  Bending down is fine.  Ankles are fine now.  Only problem I have is I cant run because I still have broken metal in my legs.  Once that's out I will be bale to run.  I can jog a little on a treadmill

ant

« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2014, 04:34:08 PM »

how did u kengthen ur femurs? 
 and how much did u lengthen them?

and who was ur Dr?

I lengthened femurs in Serbia by mitkovic
total length was something like 6 cm and it took around 6.5 months from the first surgery to fixator removal.  walking became painless around 1 month post frame removal

JP

« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2014, 07:18:51 AM »

Only problem I have is I cant run because I still have broken metal in my legs.  Once that's out I will be bale to run.  I can jog a little on a treadmill

Hi ant,

I’ve read you diary, about the Doctor adding a fixator on your tibia, for partial weight bearing after the lengthening phase.

Was there a specific reason the doctor inserted the nail?

I also wanted ask you about whether your preference is external  or LON?

Smallguy

« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2014, 08:25:40 AM »

yes that's me.
I can walk, no problem.  Bending down is fine.  Ankles are fine now.  Only problem I have is I cant run because I still have broken metal in my legs.  Once that's out I will be bale to run.  I can jog a little on a treadmill

Hey Ant. I'm very glad that you are fine. I assume that you are close to 5'10 now. It must be a great feeling after all the pain and suffering.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ant

« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2014, 06:51:42 PM »

Yes its a great feeling.  Starting to rebuild my life a little now as I was out of action for a long time.  Yeah about 5ft 10.5  Measure around 5ft 10 late at night after a full day so not to much shrinking aswell.  With shoes on im about 5ft 11 which feels amazing but god damn some people are still way taller than me,lol.

Would I do it again, without a doubt I would.  3-4 years of crap and now I can spend another 40 years hopefully enjoying it a little.  I do know that with time though that you can heal to a reasonable degree no matter how many complication you have along the way.

Tried to convince the mrs to let me do another 2 " this summer but no chance will she let me.  Ive now got a little boy through IVF treatment and she is pregnant again through Ivf.  Its nice knowing I can be there for her a little now.  For a long time I believed I was proper f**ked.  I can remember a time I could even feel my legs and move them.  I had a dr tell me I was going to be in a wheelchair for life.  This is 2 fingers upto him and 2 fingers (both hands) upto the dckhead surgeon from India called Dr Bajaj

Claude

« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »

I think you have a good height now, and family is much more important than being really tall (i dont know if it even matters).
I followed your diary so im glad now everything is ok.

Leonardo2013

« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »

Diso,

I'm glad Ant stopped by to post his experience. You will definitely heal and live a normal life and enjoy your new height but like Ant says it might take you some time -- maybe more than what you estimate. Best vibes to you and please keep us updated.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »

Hey Diso,

Still doing ok? I never thought LL is so painful until im in such position, I sleep like 4 hrs a night, 5 if its a good night .  I despise those with big money and easy gain but still admire the courage.

Disobedient

« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2014, 08:38:34 PM »

Hello All
there is nothing new except that the pain is less.. I think I'll have my next x-ray after 5-6days...

Tall
I don’t think there is anything wrong with my fibula, but I’ll ask my Dr about it

Smallguy
Do you think so!, thanks

Sweden
Yeah as I said before, there will be no nail inside, however, as Dr rah said between 6-10 weeks the new bone will be generated and it will be solid enough to make walk..

Blackhawk
Thanks , I’m trying hard to eat healthy.. and I’m taking sm supplement too..

BullSurfer
Hi, I’m doing fine.. The pain dropped significantly now it’s something around 3- 4/10
Don’t worry as soon as you’ll finish the distraction, you’ll feel much better..
So how many cm did you lengthen so far?
About the sleeping I did suffer from the same problem and it seems nothing could help ..
I was planning not take sleeping pills in the beginning.. but then I decided to take them hopefully it could help me.. will it does “just in the first few days” but then things becoming worse,,, since I “feel” that these pills make you feel so tired and so sleepy BUT u still can’t sleep …
But again don’t worry you’ll be fine as soon as you’ll stop distraction..
And it is funny how did you mention about those with “big money and easy gain” since I’m pretty sure you’re staying right now in a country where its people considering you one of  those because you got CLL

Tikal
I had tourist visa for 3 months, and it expired.. I submitted request to change into medical and extended it, and I’ll get the answer in 25th /Jan
About the ilizrov, I don’t think so, but I’ll ask him ..

Mime
Good Idea about exercising  in swimming pool, I’ll see how could I do that after removing the frame
I’m not supposed to standing right now anyway, even though I still have those rails…

Hi Drew
As far from what I knew carig46 started to walk right away after removing the rails,, so he didn’t wait till his bones heal “ I mean he should wait at least 2 weeks after removing the monorails, since there will be holes in the bone “ 

Leo
No I’m not worrying a lot about the scars, I know that I could get rid of them by surgery. What I’m really worry about right now is knee bending .. it really hard on all aspects losing the ability to bend your knee… sometimes I have some thoughts to have a surgery in my knee that make me able to bend my knee again,,, but I’m waiting for dr. and what he gonna do after removing the frame since he promised that he found/will find solution for that …
Thanks for keeping encourage me Leo, I really appreciate it..

Claude
There is pain… but not as much as it was in distraction phase… I’ll post the x-ray in next reply…

Hi Ant
Hope your wife, and baby Luca doing well
I really appreciate your comment. and I just read your diary yesterday , despite that I already read your comment here that you’re doing fine, but I was worry about your condition with every new update you  were giving …
Dr. Mitkovic is  a very experienced limb lengthening doctor.. and it makes me feel much better knowing that he used external method only “monorail” in your femurs  without causing any serious complications ..but how about the knee bending ?
I remember that your wife wrote something about having problem in bending your knee, how did overcome this problem?
And in my opinion your height is just perfect you don’t need these two more inches  …

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:05:19 PM by Disobedient »

Disobedient

« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »

This is my last x-ray ( I took it 3 weeks ago)

Claude

« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2014, 10:15:33 PM »

Hi im glad you are ok -)
Mmm your tibias seem ok but your femurs seem not aligned, particularly the right one.
Sorry to tell you that but 6 weeks seems like total BS to me.
Do you have someone to help you where you are or in case you need something ?
Be careful (ah ah i must talk like if i was your mother  :D)
Stay strong Diso

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2014, 10:32:29 PM »

They'll heal curved, but as long as the mechanical and anatomical axes are okay I'm not sure how much that will matter.

The right leg's femur gap is 1cm larger than the left.  Was this intentional because of uneven femurs at the start?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:45:01 PM by Medium Drink Of Water »

Sweden

« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2014, 12:18:02 AM »

Oh dear lord in heaven!!
I'm thinking of becoming religious just to pray for you girl.

There is no chance in this universe that you can weight bear in 10 weeks.
Even some patients with rods inside their legs break the rod after a full year.

I really hope nothing bad happens to you and if it would, then please write about it in here so future patients can benefit from it.

I have to stop reading this. I'm having trouble sleeping bc of it.....  :-X
I'm seeing pictures in front of me where you try to stand and one bone snap so you fall and hitting the ground makes the rest of your bones to break. I'm sorry but it's just so horrific!

I hope I don't get the chance to say: I told you so....

Disobedient

« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2014, 01:35:55 AM »

Hi Claude,

I mentioned about the misalignment in the previous post, and how Dr Rah said he'll fix it within few weeks ..
Is my callus so bad? I think my callus in tibia is pretty good, I'll do next x-ray in few days and I'll post it ,maybe in these 3 weeks I develop good consolidation ..
I have caretaker here who stay with me  for 12h..
and yeah you sound just like if you was my mother   ::)
BTW she doesn't know that I had LL  8) , but she keeps asking me to be careful and stay healthy , and funny thing last time I spoke to her via Skype  she asked me to stand up to see my height  :-X  (I never mentioned to anyone that I'll do LL) but OMG mom is much better than god she can sense what I did even though I'm miles away from her.

Medium Drink Of Water

you're right about the left femur but it is actually 6mm longer, that's is why I stopped distraction for all parts except the left femur I did 1mm for 6 days...

about your first two sentences I'm not sure if I get it right , how did you assume that the mechanical and anatomical axes are okay?

if these are the mechanical and anatomical axes that you mentioned

then I guess mine is totally not okay
I was planning to post my x-ray in you thread to ask you ;D but since you're here what do you think about my callus,  note I took this xray 3 weeks ago ?

Sweden

Did I look so tall in your dreams  ;D
I don't think my callus is so bad ! and for sure I think I'll post any thing important will happen ..
But if my dr think that now is the right time to remove the frame I'll do it.. I wanna to get rid off these frames as soon as possible
the thing is that I think I spent enough time with the frame about 3months with 8weeks more this is approximately 5 months, many ppl removed their frame after 6 months.. Also   I'm not planing to stand or walk a lot.. I'll do few steps using the walker and I'll stand for just few min using the walker again so I don't think I'll break my bones if i do so ..

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2014, 05:53:04 AM »

Hey Diso,

Sometimes belief will trump everything. Just focus on positive aspect and be cautious, this will carry you through.

When I said big money and easy gain I meant 60k for Paley or 45k for internal nails. Those people are treated like kings and doctor's butt will turn for them to kick when they feel pain.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2014, 08:10:46 AM »

I wasn't saying the axes are fine, I was saying maybe they're fine.  Just because the bone is curved doesn't mean the axes are bad.  The whole femur needs to be seen to calculate them, and the top isn't in the x-rays.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:14:33 AM by Medium Drink Of Water »

Adriano

« Reply #244 on: January 13, 2014, 10:00:03 AM »

disasters occur when every1 is optimistic and no one points out what is realisticly likely to happen.

First of all, Your Dr is telling you what you want to hear and not what you should hear. 

1) there is no way you will be weight bearing in 10 weeks!!!

2) it is very obvious that the femur on the right hand side of your x-rays is out of line. yes bones (femurs) are naturally curved but yours is way out of the centre of gravity. The bone is going to snap/break under pressure when carrying weight.

Unless the newly formed bone thickens to about 150% of the thickness of the rest of the bone then it is all going to end one way my friend.

3) While you may be light weight and may get away with the bone snapping there is another obvious problem that's going to occur with the femur being at an extended  angle to the tibia. Yes..u guess right my friend. You are going to have knee pain and or extremely early/ premature arthritis.

while time, money and height r an important part of you life right now it wont be long before you suffer from the decisions you have made about ur LL.

Is it just me who thinks her femurs where cut too the knee??
I think this is the reason why her femur is mis-alighned.

Didn't your Dr know that the femur consolidates faster when cut high up the thigh??

Claude

« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2014, 10:15:26 AM »

Ya mama she knows everything  8)
So when is he going to fix the misalignment ?
Yeah 6-10 weeks is BS, i think everyone agrees.
Being disobedient is ok sometimes but not always cutie  ::)
I would advise you to be suspicious about your doc.
BE CAREFUL

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #246 on: January 13, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »

disasters occur when every1 is optimistic and no one points out what is realisticly likely to happen.

First of all, Your Dr is telling you what you want to hear and not what you should hear. 

1) there is no way you will be weight bearing in 10 weeks!!!

2) it is very obvious that the femur on the right hand side of your x-rays is out of line. yes bones (femurs) are naturally curved but yours is way out of the centre of gravity. The bone is going to snap/break under pressure when carrying weight.

Unless the newly formed bone thickens to about 150% of the thickness of the rest of the bone then it is all going to end one way my friend.

3) While you may be light weight and may get away with the bone snapping there is another obvious problem that's going to occur with the femur being at an extended  angle to the tibia. Yes..u guess right my friend. You are going to have knee pain and or extremely early/ premature arthritis.

while time, money and height r an important part of you life right now it wont be long before you suffer from the decisions you have made about ur LL.

Is it just me who thinks her femurs where cut too the knee??
I think this is the reason why her femur is mis-alighned.

Didn't your Dr know that the femur consolidates faster when cut high up the thigh??

I must admit I was also surprised about the low cut of the femur bone...

Sweden

« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2014, 12:35:52 PM »

Her knee has been floating in her legs. Scary  :-X

It's been a year since I did my first surgery and I still can't straighten my legs fully as one should be able to.
It will take much longer time for Diso  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21   Go Up