Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to go from 177 to 187 cm  (Read 24221 times)

kunta kinte

Re: Want to go from 177 to 187 cm
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2014, 12:02:07 AM »

182 looks good, but you're arms are just not long enough for the 187 look IMO.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 12:56:50 AM »

New mock up, the space between strings on my leg is 5 cm lol. is it me or i look better at 177?  :-\

It honestly looks like you need some bowler correction.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Moubgf

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 04:25:14 AM »

Anything over 185 is for monkeys

Overdozer

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2014, 10:06:34 AM »

New mock up, the space between strings on my leg is 5 cm lol. is it me or i look better at 177?  :-\
If you add some muscle mass, especially in your legs, IMO you can get away with 10 cm, but 5cm would be easier and much faster.

Can you tell me the distance between the ground and your belly button (under it). У меня у самого было 95 см до пупка до операции, хочу сравнить.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

177cm

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2014, 10:18:33 AM »

If you add some muscle mass, especially in your legs, IMO you can get away with 10 cm, but 5cm would be easier and much faster.

Can you tell me the distance between the ground and your belly button (under it). У меня у самого было 95 см до пупка до операции, хочу сравнить.
yh i think its because of lack of muscle mass i look like a   in mock ups.

It is approximately 107 cm, depends on how much i unbend. Когда первый раз мерил, то вышло 103 см, сам не понял как.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2014, 11:07:22 AM »

if you get 5cm then you will get to the golden ratio.

(however technically the golden ratio is suppose to be correct to the ratio of femur to tibia also)

113cm for ground to navel, and 70 cm from navel to top of head.

177cm

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2014, 11:11:22 AM »

if you get 5cm then you will get to the golden ratio.

(however technically the golden ratio is suppose to be correct to the ratio of femur to tibia also)

113cm for ground to navel, and 70 cm from navel to top of head.
how do we measure our tibias and femurs? maybe i would need like 2.5 cm on each segment to completely get to the golden ratio lol

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2014, 12:48:06 AM »

get an x-ray for both the tibia and femur.
that is the best method.

177cm

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2014, 10:56:13 AM »

if you count all adults over 20 the average for Russia becomes 175.0 cm

u probably got me wrong, i just wanted to say that i dont consider 183 cm men to be tall. not average but its medium.
like Frank Lampard, Xabi Alonso, David Beckham. they've never been tall to me.

185 cm is already tall height.
188 cm is solid tall.

It honestly looks like you need some bowler correction.
yh i know, hope it will give me an extra cm.

get an x-ray for both the tibia and femur.
that is the best method.

can i do it at home with measur tape?

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2014, 04:36:18 PM »

175 is average.

183 is tall.

you cant change facts.

you can only say that you have height neurosis to the point where your personal delusional view point means that being tall is not enough and you need to be excessively tall to consider your self tall from a psychological point of view.

im not mad or anything if it comes across that way. but these are the facts whether you like it or not.

I don't particularly like the self measure methods because people make to many mistakes. I personally believe that only after a cheap simple x ray which takes 1 minute at the doctors should a person then make a decision on how and what they will lengthen.

good luck.

Moubgf

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2014, 04:29:23 AM »

6'0 is epic height no matter what. Holy  , imagine waking up 6'0.

Soon..

Uppland

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2014, 03:55:23 PM »

6'0 is epic height no matter what. Holy s**t, imagine waking up 6'0.

Soon..

The grass is always greener mate. I'm 5'10 and I've had few real issues with my height even though I'm Swedish and as you might know the average around here is 5'11 to 6'. Still I don't feel like my body lives up to my mind and I'm prepared to go through a great deal f trouble to change that.

Taller

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2014, 05:27:44 PM »

The grass is always greener mate. I'm 5'10 and I've had few real issues with my height even though I'm Swedish and as you might know the average around here is 5'11 to 6'. Still I don't feel like my body lives up to my mind and I'm prepared to go through a great deal f trouble to change that.

I'm about the exact same height as you, also Northern European, and, as it happens, I feel exactly the same way as you about my height and body lol.

I am very happy with my facial features, and work out almost daily, so, at this point, the only thing that really, really bothers me about myself is my height, especially since I'm the shortest adult male in my family and always, always expected to end up taller than I did, making my "ok" height a pretty big disappointment, especially since it often comes up when people meet my family or even when I just spend time with them.

What I hate most about this dilemma is that, unlike most other things that I don't like about my life, I can't do much about my height if I don't like it. Now that I know about LL, I am finally going to be able to do something about it. But even I am a little surprised that I'm seriously willing to go this far, but ultimately it comes down the the fact that I'm absolutely sick of living with height neurosis.

Uppland

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2014, 05:45:32 PM »

I'm about the exact same height as you, also Northern European, and, as it happens, I feel exactly the same way as you about my height and body lol.

I am very happy with my facial features, and work out almost daily, so, at this point, the only thing that really, really bothers me about myself is my height, especially since I'm the shortest adult male in my family and always, always expected to end up taller than I did, making my "ok" height a pretty big disappointment, especially since it often comes up when people meet my family or even when I just spend time with them.

What I hate most about this dilemma is that, unlike most other things that I don't like about my life, I can't do much about my height if I don't like it. Now that I know about LL, I am finally going to be able to do something about it. But even I am a little surprised that I'm seriously willing to go this far, but ultimately it comes down the the fact that I'm absolutely sick of living with height neurosis.

Cheers mate we really are of one mind in this case, the only thing holding me back is my modest stature and I've also felt that dissapointment. Also had a strong proactive attitude towards most things that crumbled when I realized I wasn't getting taller it really punctuated my inflated confidence.

-We should form a facial features club.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2014, 06:15:52 PM »

Are you me? Lol
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

177cm

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2014, 11:00:22 AM »

175 is average.

183 is tall.

you cant change facts.

you can only say that you have height neurosis to the point where your personal delusional view point means that being tall is not enough and you need to be excessively tall to consider your self tall from a psychological point of view.

to me 183 is not tall. look at me and my bro who is like 182-183 cm, yes he's taller than me but he is not tall .

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2014, 12:15:30 PM »

175 is average.

183 is tall

183 is not tall to you because you have height neurosis and this means you suffer from delusion. your delusion is that you think that the average height is taller than what it really is. and your mind tries to make you believe this lie to justify LL.

I know you think 183 is not tall to you. because I understand your condition.

Moubgf

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »

6'0 Objectively walks through the door no one bats an eye.

5'10 Objectively wal..MIDGHEEETOOOOoooo.

177cm

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2014, 01:12:49 PM »

175 is average.

183 is tall

183 is not tall to you because you have height neurosis and this means you suffer from delusion. your delusion is that you think that the average height is taller than what it really is. and your mind tries to make you believe this lie to justify LL.

I know you think 183 is not tall to you. because I understand your condition.
man i don't know what is height neurosis, i don't think i have it, i've never been insecure about my height (even when my mum said that im handsome except my height and bowed legs i didn't care too much lol), i was very tall at the age of 12-14 and wanted to be shorter.
but i have a head size neurosis, i want LL  mostly because i want to make my head look smaller in proportion to my height.
the only time i care about my height is when i see some beautiful 185 cm (+7-8 cm heels) girl, i feel so untermensch in these moments

Taller

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »

If your height doesn't make you dislike yourself every single day like it does to some other members of this forum, do you still think that the pain and sacrifices of LL are worth it for you?

Only you can answer this, but, if height only bothered me occasionally, I know that I probably wouldn't even be writing this right now.

Moubgf

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2014, 01:16:32 PM »

Lol women over 6'0 looks like men and is all fashionista boring personalities that will go for the dull srsly below average face dude with normal short buz cut...Nothing new.

But atleast at 5'11 above you can live your specific life without any objection. And if you fail then YOU suck not your height.

177cm

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2014, 01:24:33 PM »

If your height doesn't make you dislike yourself every single day like it does to some other members of this forum, do you still think that the pain and sacrifices of LL are worth it for you?

Only you can answer this, but, if height only bothered me occasionally, I know that I probably wouldn't even be writing this right now.

if something made me dislike myself every single day, i doubt LL would have changed it. but it doesn't mean that i don't wanna be better.

Lol women over 6'0 looks like men and is all fashionista boring personalities that will go for the dull srsly below average face dude with normal short buz cut...Nothing new.

But atleast at 5'11 above you can live your specific life without any objection. And if you fail then YOU suck not your height.
lol u can live your specific life even at 170 cm, i never said that my height doesnt let me live normal life, i just wanna improve myself.

TRS

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2014, 01:28:22 PM »

Height neurosis should be the only indication for LL. I don't think LL will be worth it in your case since you're secure with your height.
Instead you should focus on building muscles especially your upper body and that should match your head size. But I don't think you have a big head, judging from the pictures you have posted. 

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2014, 01:30:14 PM »

177. you have height neurosis, and your delusional. you are in denial.

get real bro, you would not be on this forum if this was not the case.

people who are happy with their height don't snap their healthy bones in half and risk never walking properly again for 50 thousand dollars and 6 months in a wheelchair and crutches.

your lying to yourself. wake up.

you think 7cm taller than average is the average. that is a classic symptom of delusion. you believe in something that is not true. this is the definition to delusion. you suffer from delusion. wake up.

the first step with mental problems is admitting.

177cm

• Visitor
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »

btw, i just found out that my self-made height measurer (made it years ago when i wasnt bothered about accuracy) lies a bit. im actually 178,5 cm on the morning. how many extra cm bowed legs correction would give me? on the russian LL board ppl say it's  like 1-2 extra cms. is it possible?
because then i could lengthen only 5,5 cm tiia + 1 cm for bowed leg correction and become 185 cm which is dream height.

Moubgf

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2014, 01:37:16 PM »

"the only time i care about my height is when i see some beautiful 185 cm (+7-8 cm heels) girl, i feel so untermensch in these moments"

yeh u insecure.

177cm

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »

Height neurosis should be the only indication for LL. I don't think LL will be worth it in your case since you're secure with your height.
Instead you should focus on building muscles especially your upper body and that should match your head size. But I don't think you have a big head, judging from the pictures you have posted.
man, in order to match my head size i will need like 55 cm wide shoulders which will make me look like an ugly square dwarf.
and i DO have a big head, it is 62 cm in circumference (7 7/8  US hat size just for u to understand lol), i ve met very few ppl who had the same size of head in my life.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »

You seem kinda insane to me, I am 177,5cm tall (179cm for a short period in the morning) Height neurosis is a real thing, I use to have it.
Always comparing your height to other people's height's and sitting height's. And thinking that the average height is much taller than it really is, At 5'10'' You ain't short/tall you're average IMO, adding 10cm's to you'r height will make you look like a disproportionate freak, NO matter of your current proportions!

I use to think like you, going for the highest amount of LL and cutting it piece by piece, If you had this highly invasive procedure for the past 7 years in mind then you REALLY should have done a better job researching it.

I can share some of my ideas with you, to give you a better perspective on the subject.

*I plan on doing 2x LL's (3.25cm) in order to look proportional (even nked) given the fact that i am about to turn 21 soon, I've got enough time to save up and rethink my proportions (something that you should have done as well for the past 7 years)

*Research proportions quite widely, If i had a wingspan of 179cm (We have a hight difference between 0,5cm and 1cm) I never would have considered LL in the first plase, You really surprise me with your carelessness for proportions, My wingspan is 194cm and i am still worried that i might go overkill on LL and be miserable and disproportionate for the rest of my life.

Given the fact that we have a very similar height, you might want to restrict you'r LL to no MORE than 3.5cm's in each segment if you're planning on doing a second LL, But thats based on my wingspan/shr/S.width and etc.

185CM's Would be a dream heigh for me... but not very realistic, 183-184cm is still a great height for sacrificing little of your proportions, Plus if you want to be at a "solid height" you could always get lifts on top of your LL, You would look really tall without being disproportionate and self conscious without your clothes on.
You could probably do the same.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:10:14 PM by 680 »
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2014, 11:11:18 PM »

while the others are crazy for wanting to much, I think you are perhaps staying a little too much in the safe zone.

I would seriously recommend 4cm if you are seriously worried about proportions. 4-6cm is a good range for everyone.

under 4cm and it is hardly worth it for the cost and pain. over 6cm and you venture out past the safe zone.

and proportions wont be noticed at 4-6cm. seriously it really wont be noticed. most people wont even notice you got taller. but you are smart for wanting to lengthen both segments evenly, that is a good approach.

what is your height from ground to navel?

177cm

• Visitor
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2014, 08:46:05 AM »

194 cm wingspan? how is that possible? can u post a picture, because i have no idea how it would look. are u black?

i think 3,5 cm per segment is a waste of money and time. i'd rather get only my tibias done with 6 cm lengthening (+bow leg correction could give me another 1-1,5 cm if i am lucky).
i also think it's not only wingspan what matters. the main thing to me is shoulders width. broad shoulders are what make u not lanky but tall.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2014, 12:23:26 PM »

194 cm wingspan? how is that possible? can u post a picture, because i have no idea how it would look. are u black?

i think 3,5 cm per segment is a waste of money and time. i'd rather get only my tibias done with 6 cm lengthening (+bow leg correction could give me another 1-1,5 cm if i am lucky).
i also think it's not only wingspan what matters. the main thing to me is shoulders width. broad shoulders are what make u not lanky but tall.

http://prikachi.com/images/89/7418089d.jpg

http://prikachi.com/images/76/7418076H.jpg

they're a bit old and i am not so sure about the angle that they where taken from, But it gives some kind of prespective.
20 inch sholder width, without working out.
IMO its a mix between shouldes width and arm lenght, I don't have unreasonably long arms.
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up