Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Betz or Dr. Guichet  (Read 6456 times)

Angelo411

• Visitor
Dr. Betz or Dr. Guichet
« on: August 28, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »

Hi guys!

I am thinking to do surgery with one of doctors that I mentioned in title next year. I want to do 7-8 cm on my femurs. Can you please tell me your own opinion which is better and why it would mean a lot to me! Thank you.

P.S. sorry for my bad english

Overdozer

Re: Dr. Betz or Dr. Guichet
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »

Porsche or Mercedes-Benz?

They're both good, lol, choose any
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

GeTs

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 01:40:07 PM »

Guichet, he will motivate you the most and he wants to get the best result out of any patient, but it will be tough cause he'll be annoying as fck if u're lazy, I'm saying this based on my judgment of some videos

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 01:57:45 PM »

Personally I'd go to Betz.  I don't like Guichet's screening process which sounds like a big hassle.

Angelo411

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »

Thank you all! :)

Hanna84

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 04:59:42 PM »

Best thing you can do would be to book a consultation with both doctors, meet actual patients and then make your decision.
Starting height: 1,58m
Goal: 1,65m
OP: 31.10.2013

Finished lengthening: 28.02.2014 Achieved: 9cm :-)  New height: 1,67cm :-)

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »

Blank
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Metanoia

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 06:10:32 PM »

Hi Angelo,

I just want to warn you. Don't go to Dr.Betz if you care about safety. His complication rate is very high, especially for male patients.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 05:09:50 AM »

I'd go with Dr Guichet. His patients seem to have excellent recovery and it doesn't seem like his patients have issues with the nails breaking and needing replaced.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Angelo411

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »

Thank you fellas :)

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 11:25:22 AM »

Guichet
Pros - all his diaries seem to have quick recoveries and no complications
Cons - you have to write an essay on how miserable your life is first, seems very ego deflating  >:(
        - its common for you to fly back and forth, back and forth during initial consultations
        - pre surgery training, the prices are a huge rip off
Betz
Pros - will get the job done, much like Guichet
Cons - Sysop affiliation
        - broken and bent nails
        - $15-20,000 or so for titanium replacements, havent checked how much it is lately
        - I dont trust him anymore

This is subjective, I've also never spoken or had any consultations with neither thus far since Im not ready to proceed with LL just yet. I'm basing my opinions on various patient diaries on both forums.
But if I had the money right now, I'd go with Guichet in a heartbeat, no thinking necessary simply for the fact that I dont trust Betz what so ever anymore, courtesy of Sysop. Good luck, Im sure either one should do a good job, complications and trust is what seems to separate them in my opinion
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:44:15 AM by ShortyMcShort »

Kafka

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 02:28:28 PM »

One thing which woudl make me feel (even more) better about Guichet would be seeing some recovery videos...

There are some nice post-op videos of Betz patients on youtube (not to mention tons of Dong-Lee videos) but so far I haven't found any of Guichet, or did anyone ?

Taller

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 04:44:54 PM »

Look at Shyshy's videos on this site. He went to Dr. Guichet and made a full recovery.

alps

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »

Besides the only Betz video is of AndrewShizzles. Who else Kafka?

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 07:30:32 PM »

Both doctors are fantasic. From what I understand dr. Betz suggests release surgery, and he lengthens 8+ cm on most patients whereas guichet prefers to keep the lengthening limit to 8cm but he encourages intense PT before, during and after the OP. Wish I could go to one of them right away haha
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

Kafka

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 08:33:48 AM »

If u type in leg lengthening at Youtube, the fifth video .... I think it's Betz although it's not explicitly stated there

ReadRothbard

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 05:57:35 AM »

You would be crazy not to go with Dr. Guichet; faster distraction and quick recovery.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

KrP1

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 10:51:32 AM »

Gichet for sure. No nails broken. Faster lengthening. Faster recovery. Better athletic hability

babak1313s

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 10:01:51 PM »

hi im Baback 25 years old and 185cm height.i want to be 191cm but my hands are short and if my height being 191cm I would proportionality bad(it means long legs and short hands)how would you solve this problems? thanks

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 09:31:24 AM »

hi im Baback 25 years old and 185cm height.i want to be 191cm but my hands are short and if my height being 191cm I would proportionality bad(it means long legs and short hands)how would you solve this problems? thanks
I am sorry, but I have a strong desire to express myself.You are a totall idiot you are 3 inches above average with a model height, and you want to get taller? Don't be so dumb. Build muscle, nurture yourself, learn skills, educate, and become better, gaining height at your starting height will only limit your dating pool and make you feel lanky. Its not worth the pain, disproporion, cost, job loss. Also don't be such an idiot and read the FAQ's. Sorry for being rude, but you sir, try to upgrade yourself the wrong way. A consulation with a phycologist may solve your issue, and give you new ideas
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 09:54:48 AM »

I am sorry, but I have a strong desire to express myself.You are a totall idiot you are 3 inches above average with a model height, and you want to get taller? Don't be so dumb. Build muscle, nurture yourself, learn skills, educate, and become better, gaining height at your starting height will only limit your dating pool and make you feel lanky. Its not worth the pain, disproporion, cost, job loss. Also don't be such an idiot and read the FAQ's. Sorry for being rude, but you sir, try to upgrade yourself the wrong way. A consulation with a phycologist may solve your issue, and give you new ideas

very true greeksmidget. unfortunately some people have to learn the hard way. :(

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 10:50:55 AM »

If you're 185cm tall, go live your life, buy a nice car or go on a holiday instead. Why go through all this.
At 185cm, its a want not a need

ReadRothbard

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 02:36:46 PM »

Look, you really should rethink leg lengthening if you are already that height. At almost 6'1, you are pretty much going to reap the maximum amount social benefits from height that are possible. I wouldn't get LL if I were you unless you really, really wanted to spend the tens of thousands it's going to cost to make you taller. Are you sure it is really worth it?

P.S. Your hands are fine. 6 cm isn't that much that proportions would be greatly thrown off, but only a ll doctor would be able to definitively answer this.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up