Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 35728 times)

mediocre

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 02:32:46 AM »

Migrating from old forum  to LL Forum

I've been following a hair transplant forum years ago when the admin censored/banned negative posts to a transplant doctor that the forum advertises.

That forum was: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/index.cfm?nocookies=yes

Anold forum was created, designed to be more free and objective and I think it's more popular now.
http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/

Übermensch

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 09:59:59 AM »

Hi!
I'm a future limblengthener.
167 cm, Southern european.
I have been following this forum and the other one for a long time but i don't usualy post.
I decided now to post because I began contacting some doctors, so it is becoming real..
I'm interested in femur lengthening in Europe for a gain of 7,5 cm. And, if possible, still make the operation this year.
This gain height will bring me to the average height on my country. At least according to wikipedia: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height), and considering a bit of exaggeration on the self reported height (i always say i'm 170!  ;D)
I will probably make a small diary of my journey. It will certainly be helpful for future patients, at least as a way of reassurance, and - as I'm not sharing the intention of making this operation with may people - I guess that it will also be helpful for me on the psychological part of limblengthening.
Latter I will post some mokups pictures of the height gain that i want.
Auf wiedersehen!  8)

manale007

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2014, 09:36:44 PM »

hi guys!  :)

I'm from Mexico, you know the country below USA.
I'm 23 years old and I've been one of the shortest guys my entire life in my classroom and among my friends (1.64 m.)
Planing to become a limblengthener at the end of this year. I know I won't be tall but at least normal.
 I think that many of us have used many things to seem a lil' bit taller and I'm tired of that, I want to be able to go to some place and feel the confidence to take off my shoes knowing that I'm gonna remain the some height ( i think that some of you guys know that feeling  :-\) wishing to read from you and share my future experiences.

mediocre

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 05:41:12 AM »

Have you decided already which doctor?

Hi!
I'm a future limblengthener.
167 cm, Southern european.
I have been following this forum and the other one for a long time but i don't usualy post.
I decided now to post because I began contacting some doctors, so it is becoming real..
I'm interested in femur lengthening in Europe for a gain of 7,5 cm. And, if possible, still make the operation this year.
This gain height will bring me to the average height on my country. At least according to wikipedia: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height), and considering a bit of exaggeration on the self reported height (i always say i'm 170!  ;D)
I will probably make a small diary of my journey. It will certainly be helpful for future patients, at least as a way of reassurance, and - as I'm not sharing the intention of making this operation with may people - I guess that it will also be helpful for me on the psychological part of limblengthening.
Latter I will post some mokups pictures of the height gain that i want.
Auf wiedersehen!  8)

mediocre

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 05:42:11 AM »

When do you plan to LL? Which doctor/s is/are you considering?

hi guys!  :)

I'm from Mexico, you know the country below USA.
I'm 23 years old and I've been one of the shortest guys my entire life in my classroom and among my friends (1.64 m.)
Planing to become a limblengthener at the end of this year. I know I won't be tall but at least normal.
 I think that many of us have used many things to seem a lil' bit taller and I'm tired of that, I want to be able to go to some place and feel the confidence to take off my shoes knowing that I'm gonna remain the some height ( i think that some of you guys know that feeling  :-\) wishing to read from you and share my future experiences.

manale007

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 01:56:17 AM »

When do you plan to LL? Which doctor/s is/are you considering?

hey :) planing to do it next year or at the end of this one, not sure yet (as soon as i get the money) and im still doing my research but so far Dr. Jamal sounds good to me.

DerekM

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 03:56:59 PM »

I am solely joining this forum for educational purpose and nothing else. I am not interested in any of business war going between old forum  & LL Forum. Thanks Dameon for creating forum.

Height:- 165cm
Traget:- 172 cm
Device: Internal (Precice, HNL, Guichet nail or Betznail)
Doctor: Not decided

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2014, 04:06:51 PM »

I am solely joining this forum for educational purpose and nothing else. I am not interested in any of business war going between old forum  & LL Forum. Thanks Dameon for creating forum.

Height:- 165cm
Traget:- 172 cm
Device: Internal (Precice, HNL, Guichet nail or Betznail)
Doctor: Not decided

But internet forum drama is half the fun of LL.  ;D

DerekM

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2014, 04:12:18 PM »

But internet forum drama is half the fun of LL.  ;D

Actually for sometime. These two forums have gone way beyond it. My research says that Dr. Sarin is not that bad as it is painted in both the forum. I find it strange that old forum  & LL Forum both are against Dr. Sarin.

mediocre

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 01:39:39 AM »

What's your basis in saying this?

My research says that Dr. Sarin is not that bad as it is painted in both the forum. I find it strange that old forum  & LL Forum both are against Dr. Sarin.

gettingtaller

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2014, 07:03:40 PM »

Hi

I'm gettingtaller - I go by the same name on old forum .
I had femur surgery with betz back in feb this year.
I'm still lengthening and today I'm at 7.6cm,my goal is 9.
Did internal femurs with Prof. Betz in February 2014.
Goal 9cm, but ended up doing 10 (whoohoo). Now off crutches and walking funny, but getting better quickly.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2014, 07:10:26 PM »

Hi

I'm gettingtaller - I go by the same name on old forum .
I had femur surgery with betz back in feb this year.
I'm still lengthening and today I'm at 7.6cm,my goal is 9.

Hi Gettingtaller, welcome to LL Forum! How has your lengthening with Dr Betz been going so far? At 7.6 cm do you have knee stiffness or anything? Do you use an exercise bike?

Feel free to create a thread about your lengthening journey in the 'Limb Lengthening Patients Experiences' section of the forum if you wish.

Hope the rest of your lengthening goes smoothly.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

gettingtaller

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2014, 07:50:31 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Kilo.  Funny you should mention knee stiffness as I was only just stretching my legs trying to soothe it!  In brief, my LL journey so far has been far less bothersome than I had accounted for.  I haven't experienced any real pain (just the usual stretching sensations that are part and parcel of lengthening) and my physiology remains reasonably intact - no major wide legs, just a little duck ass. I guess I attribute that to a very good physiotherapist that I see 3 to 4 times a week. I bought an exercise bike but I've only used it twice! I've lost a lot of muscles on my ass, so whenever I sit on it my ass hurts lol. I had a minor complication just over a week ago - this has been the only glitch.  Due to strong callus formation on my left leg, I was left unable to click (I twist my leg but nothing happens). I spoke to Dr Betz while he was on vacation and he very kindly agreed to see me on the Saturday (2 days later) because he knew week-days would be tough for me (I am working during lengthening) . So anyway, I flew to Germany, destroyed the good doctor's vacation and he performed anesthetic clicking to release the mechanism. Betz is a great doctor and an amazing human being. He and I have texted each other at 3am when I've been worried about things!
Goal 9cm, but ended up doing 10 (whoohoo). Now off crutches and walking funny, but getting better quickly.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2014, 09:14:31 PM »

Did you get knee stiffness rather quickly or did you start experiencing it after lengthening over a specific amount? Interesting that you're lengthening while you work. Do you work near employees or do you work from home? If it's the former, do they know about your lengthening or did you tell them that you had an injury? I know there have been cases where Dr Betz patients have had to pay to get bent/broken rods replaced from doing too much weight bearing. How are your internal nails holding up?

Good to know he takes the time to talk with you when you're worried and tries to make the process easier.

gettingtaller

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2014, 07:11:09 AM »

The stiff knees started to hit me after 6.5cm. I'm coming to the end of lengthening so hopefully I'll be ok for the next centimetre or so. I work mostly from home but I do travel to the office about once a month. I don't think anybody has noticed, I used to wear lifts and I've stopped wearing those so probably don't look too different. I've lost a lot of weight and this is obvious so any apparent height gain can be blamed on that. My nails are holding up just fine according to X-rays i took just last week. I'm aware that there have been cases of bent nails but I've met lots of betz patients that have had no problems. I made a friend who had his op a day after mine. He and I spent weeks together in Germany. His starting height was 178 and he's very heavy, however he had small marrow holes so could only get the 11mm nails. We were quite worried for him but he's come to the end of lengthening, has good bone growth and no bent nails. Betz advices you to not walk without crutches unless you have 13s, some ignore this, or become irresponsible and end up damaging their nails. I met many people that were without issues and just 1 guy who bad issues (one non union in tibs, but I could see he was lazy and this might have been a factor).

Vegeta

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2014, 02:54:30 PM »

Hi everybody

This is my first post on this forum. I've been thinking of doing this surgery for a long time but I'm still a university student so I don't have enough money for all the expenses. Here's some info about myself: 168cm (or 5'6"), 22 years old, Arabian.

My goal is to get closer to average height (here, it's 5'9), however, I am worried about loss of athletic ability and strength, since I'm also a powerlifter. So I joined this forum to maybe learn more about the different types of surgeries and all the doctors doing it and that kind of stuff.

ciao

PeterWoll

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2014, 10:48:37 AM »

Hello my name is Peter Woll,

I am Physical Therapist and work with CLL for about 8 years.
The patients I work are mainly Betz patients, but I have worked with Guichet patients,
LON and External LL too.
I am member on old forum  as Physio  as well and just started to read on this new Forum.

Best

Peter ;-)

gettingtaller

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2014, 11:11:17 AM »

Hello my name is Peter Woll,

I am Physical Therapist and work with CLL for about 8 years.
The patients I work are mainly Betz patients, but I have worked with Guichet patients,
LON and External LL too.
I am member on old forum  as Physio  as well and just started to read on this new Forum.

Best

Peter ;-)

After completing 9.5cm of lengthening (according to X-rays), I have hardly any duckass and hardly any wide legs...thanks for the guidance and support peter ;)

Tylerdurden389

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2014, 07:01:54 PM »

Hi everyone. My name is Steve. I'm 30 years old, from Brooklyn, NY and I'm 5-2.25", roughly 158 cm. My short stature has bothered me pretty much my entire life. I discovered LL about 10 years ago, but didn't consider it at all due to the surgery being much less common at the time, as well as the high cost. So I forgot about it. 10 years later, I decided to look this up again just on a whim to see if there had been any changes/advancements in the science.

I'm glad to see that there's a forum for this now, as well as more doctors that perform the surgery. Financially nothing is different for me as it was 10 years ago, but I'm so glad that I can both research and discuss the overall experience of the procedure now. I'm still not happy with my height, but one thing that I have came to terms with, I'm happy to say, is that unlike 10 years ago, I no longer wish to be like 6-0 or taller. Obviously, even surgery like this isn't some sort of miracle (though maybe 50 years from now we'll be saying different, lol). So if I ever had the extra cash, I'd be more than happy to be 4 or 5 inches taller. Sure, going from 5-2 to 5-7 doesn't make a difference (at least here in NYC where competition between jobs and dating is pretty severe), but for me it's just the overall experience of simply being taller in general that would make me happy. Being higher up when I stand/walk, reaching for things, etc... I wouldn't want to be disproportionate either. So 5-8 is outta the question anyway lol.

Thank you to everyone here for creating and contributing to this site. After the closing of "shortsupport.org", I thought I'd never have somewhere to go to discuss this to ever again. Hope to get to know you all in the future.

Anyway, off to the bodega to buy some scratch offs and hope I win that 100K, lol j/k

Leo

• Visitor
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2014, 06:05:13 PM »

Hello

I'm 26 years old male and my height is 5 feet 5. Both my parents are short, but my father is slightly taller than me. Aiming to do LL in about 5 years. My goal is to do 6-8 cm in my tibia and femur. Reaching a height of 173-175 cm. Anyways, I know it's a bit into the future but I'm here to learn and get experience from most of you guys.

If someone is in my position to do LL in about 5-6 years, contact me so we can hook up and do it together.

Love and Peace,
Frihet.
Evening: 165cm
Morning: 166,5cm
Goal: 172-175cm

Beardedguy

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2014, 04:35:22 AM »

Hi, I, as many of you, also come from old forum .
I'm 23 yo and I never thought of my as short at 5'11. I'm from south América so height was never a problem for me. I just feel like doing LL to achieve my dreamed height: 6'2
Height: 180 (5'11)
Wingspan: 186.5 (6'1 1/2)
Desired height: 1.88 (6'2)
Weight: 67kg (147lb)

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2014, 10:59:27 PM »

"GrowTallerOrGoGay"
Wow you got me there man. I am not gay but I have crossdressed before and it fking went well. Like 95% of the people thought I was actually a little girl (being 5'1" has its pros when crossdressing, you are not just dragging you are actually being a woman). + since I can barely grow facial hair, there are almost no masculine noticeable traits when I do it.

P.S.: I'm not gay lmfao, I have just taken advantage of my height and skinny complex to prank people. Being 5'1" is actually harder than being just 5'4" or 5'6". You are literally mistaken for a pre-teen on the streets, while when I crossdress they actually think that I am older just shorter.
5'1", 100 lbs

SpaniardHobbit

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2015, 12:32:03 AM »

Hello. Mi name is SpaniardHobbit. I'm 23 years old student living in Spain. Due to the bad salaries offered in my country i'm not very sure when will i be able to afford LL. Maybe never (if i cannot get it by 30, i won't do it). Anyway, my plans are:

- Doctor Monegal, Spain.
- Fitbone method.
- Both segments. 5+4 probably. Still have to talk with Monegal to decide a number.
- Starting height 167, goal height 175.  5.6 -> 5.9. Going from "you are quite short, yeah" to "normal, clearly not short but just normal guy".

I'm a very active person. Traveling and doing new things are the passion of my life, i live just for it. So losing any athletical function will be a disaster for me. My goal is to be able to run, fight and climb after LL, because those activities are necessary for me to be happy. I plan to post videos, photos and a really detailed diary of my recovery. My intention is to create the most complete LL-full recovery existing diary.

Sure, going from 5-2 to 5-7 doesn't make a difference

Yes. It does. Definitely. Going from 5.2 to 5.7 makes a difference regardless of where you live.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2015, 08:26:03 PM »

Hello. I am Puertoricanwasp123. My height is 5'5" and my goal is to add 2 1/2 or 3 inches to femurs. I don't know what else to say.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2015, 08:42:31 PM »

Hello. I am Puertoricanwasp123. My height is 5'5" and my goal is to add 2 1/2 or 3 inches to femurs. I don't know what else to say.

What's your favorite color?

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2015, 08:58:38 PM »

Black.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2015, 09:53:19 PM »

Hi my name is Alex and I am 179/178, I have always been the smallest member of my family and alomst all of my friends are taller than me. My dream height would be 186-188, I will probably do my tibibas this summer with Dr. Solomin, I aim for 4-5cms. If everything works out well I will do femurs with internals some years later.

endomorphisme

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2015, 10:09:24 PM »

Hi my name is Alex and I am 179/178, I have always been the smallest member of my family and alomst all of my friends are taller than me. My dream height would be 186-188, I will probably do my tibibas this summer with Dr. Solomin, I aim for 4-5cms. If everything works out well I will do femurs with internals some years later.

My goal height is 187 cm too
I was also the shortest among my friend, and i always feel average or below average, which led me to consider leg lenghtening.
I'm also interested in doing ll with dr solomin, but i would like to read diaries from patient who did ll with him

YellowSpike

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2015, 10:17:54 PM »

I guess this is after the fact (just a little bit... ;) )..but since I'm bored...

I'm in my very early 30s, and hail from the greatest city in the world! My starting height was 166cm (evening), I am now around 173cm (evening), but still have duckass. But I've been measured a few times (always in the evening), and the lowest was still just over 5'8". So I'm pretty certain I hit my goal, and I definitely feel a lot taller.

Now just starting the recovery phase, which I know is gonna be somewhat frustrating. Still glad I did LL though. I had to. My height has bothered me since I was 15, and got really bad the last 2 years. I had no choice. I was just so tired of feeling like every good looking woman I dated had power over me (if that makes sense) and inferior to all other guys who were at least average height.

endomorphisme

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2015, 10:28:54 PM »

I guess this is after the fact (just a little bit... ;) )..but since I'm bored...

I'm in my very early 30s, and hail from the greatest city in the world! My starting height was 166cm (evening), I am now around 173cm (evening), but still have duckass. But I've been measured a few times (always in the evening), and the lowest was still just over 5'8". So I'm pretty certain I hit my goal, and I definitely feel a lot taller.

Now just starting the recovery phase, which I know is gonna be somewhat frustrating. Still glad I did LL though. I had to. My height has bothered me since I was 15, and got really bad the last 2 years. I had no choice. I was just so tired of feeling like every good looking woman I dated had power over me (if that makes sense) and inferior to all other guys who were at least a
verage height.

so you have height neurosis since you're  15 :o
How did you hold out?Have you ketp money aside since you have competed your studies, how long have you had the idea of doing ll?

YellowSpike

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2015, 10:41:43 PM »

so you have height neurosis since you're  15 :o
How did you hold out?Have you ketp money aside since you have competed your studies, how long have you had the idea of doing ll?

Well, back when I was 15, LL seemed like this out-of-this-world-bizarro-Frankenstein-like procedure (which it kind of still is). It was simply out of the question.

I sort of "got over" (or, rather, suppressed) my height neurosis, as I still managed to do really well with women (I'm very good looking facially), and my career success was pretty good as well. What made my height neurosis come back big time was a very back breakup several years ago. I then stumbled upon these forums, and once that happened, it was very hard to get the idea out of my head. And I also became more and more aware of how my height was impacting my opportunities with women, and I was just more keen on peoples' comments about other short men (some who were taller than me and not even that short). For the first time in my life, I became acutely aware of how I could manipulate my body however else I wanted (hours in the gym, which I never minded doing), but no matter what...I was still very short.

I've been able to comfortably afford LL with a top doctor since I was around 25. But I was in a steady relationship back then, so I didn't care as much. And that's a mistake I vowed never to make again, even subconsciously (rely on a relationship for confidence or whatever).
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up