Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do women prefer taller men?  (Read 27585 times)

GeTs

Re: Why do women prefer taller men?
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2014, 08:16:14 AM »

This went from being a question about women preferring taller men to a discussion about whether height is important or not in a fight

Uppland

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »

This went from being a question about women preferring taller men to a discussion about whether height is important or not in a fight

Yea I think it happened in my thread about the perfect height as well, it's so stupid why do people care about that?

If I could trade all my fighting skills (not that I have much) for 5CM of extra height I would in a heartbeat.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2014, 04:31:18 PM »

Yea I think it happened in my thread about the perfect height as well, it's so stupid why do people care about that?

If I could trade all my fighting skills (not that I have much) for 5CM of extra height I would in a heartbeat.

The point of whom are better fighters (short or tall guys, or neither), because women claim that they seek out taller men for protection and security reasons according to some deeper programming due to natural selection. Naturally, if the theory that taller men are better was is disproven, which I have done, that evolutionary preference argument would be thoroughly debunked.

“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2014, 12:09:08 AM »

Granted, this is the proper thread for that discussion i guess.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2014, 12:33:40 AM »

I'm mostly convinced that preference for taller men is a cultural thing. After all, a tall man's better reach is mostly counteracted by his decreased punching speed and his agility, and the extra calories needed to sustain him would've been disadvantageous from a natural selection point of view. I simply don't buy that it is an evolutionary-based preference.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Uppland

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2014, 03:16:13 AM »

I'm mostly convinced that preference for taller men is a cultural thing. After all, a tall man's better reach is mostly counteracted by his decreased punching speed and his agility, and the extra calories needed to sustain him would've been disadvantageous from a natural selection point of view. I simply don't buy that it is an evolutionary-based preference.

Then why does it exist in basically every culture on the planet and also why does men grow bigger than females?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2014, 04:47:55 PM »

It doesn't exist in "basically evey culture on the planet". There are plenty of modern-day stone-age societies that don't have the preference. As for why men grow taller, we have less estrogen. Estrogen causes early growth plate closure; therefore, men will inevitably grow taller.

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Piotr_Sorokowski/publication/230631934_Height_preferences_in_humans_may_not_be_universal_Evidence_from_the_Datoga_people_of_Tanzania/links/0046352730168746bd000000

This study of the East-African Dogata people does not demonstrate a prevailing height preferance for taller men. Rather, the Dogata women actually considered a man of the same height to be ideal, with equal numbers of women also being attracted to tall and short stature in men (14% of women each, respectively).

Future space tycoon

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2014, 05:03:33 PM »

It doesn't exist in "basically evey culture on the planet". There are plenty of modern-day stone-age societies that don't have the preference. As for why men grow taller, we have less estrogen. Estrogen causes early growth plate closure; therefore, men will inevitably grow taller.

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Piotr_Sorokowski/publication/230631934_Height_preferences_in_humans_may_not_be_universal_Evidence_from_the_Datoga_people_of_Tanzania/links/0046352730168746bd000000

This study of the East-African Dogata people does not demonstrate a prevailing height preferance for taller men. Rather, the Dogata women actually considered a man of the same height to be ideal, with equal numbers of women also being attracted to tall and short stature in men (14% of women each, respectively).

Ok, then why do you even want to do LL? If you think being short is superior then what are you doing on a LL-forum?  ???

Wannabegiant

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2014, 05:16:03 PM »

I have heard or read somewhere that high testosterone levels also causes early growth plate closure, but im not sure if is accurate.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2014, 05:35:58 PM »

Ok, then why do you even want to do LL? If you think being short is superior then what are you doing on a LL-forum?  ???

When did I ever say being short was superior?

I want to do ll for the benefits; obviously attraction to taller men is not genetic, but that doesn't mean women haven't been brainwashed into believing that tall men are better protectors, lovers, more masculine, etc. So, getting ll is simply taking advantage of the brainwashing both women and men have been exposed to that tall men are somehow better than short men.

Future space tycoon
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up