Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nomination for New Moderators  (Read 11795 times)

Muse

Nomination for New Moderators
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:20:13 PM »

There are a couple of issues that need to be address. 

1) This site should be as impartial as possible for all members. If there are claims of favoritism toward certain members and there is a "pecking order" when deciding who are the problematic members, because I'm the only moderator around here.

2) Zero moderation would be free access for old forum  trolls to come here.

It's inevitable that trolls or occasionally problematic members are the norm of any active forum.   This is the reality of it, so let's have a setup that can deal with it in a fair and honest way.

Maybe it's because this is a new community so people are still getting used to things and people here. Whatever the reasons, any group need direction and decision making.

3) After consideration, the solution that would work best is to have 2 new moderators who

- have voting rights when it comes to banning or suspension of members

This way, any banning or suspension of members will be with the voting and decisions of 3 moderators here, so the claims of favoritism and "pecking order" can hopefully be put to rest.

So nominate 2 members who you feel will make the best decision and if possible the reasons.  Sorry you cannot nominate yourself, though that should be obvious.

Update:  Changed nomination for second moderator. 

My nomination are Kilokahn and another member to be decided, based on post history, I am confident this is the best candidates. 

The deadline for Voting is 30th October.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:27:39 AM by Admin »

AppleCore

• Visitor
Re: Nomination for New Moderators
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »

I agree on the candidates.

Need2BTaller

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 03:40:16 AM »

I agree with making KiloKahn a moderator.   Spoken to him a couple of times way before this forum was created and he seems like a very fair fellow.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 03:51:19 AM »

Me too . He is a good guy!

Drybone

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:23:26 AM »

Hi I am new but I think TomD is a good guy. I know his wife and went to college with his daughter. I know he is stubborn sometimes. LOL I nominate him if I am allowed. Thank you for inviting me to the forum I would like to be 6ft 2. I am 5ft 7 and weigh 135 pounds. Make Me Taller says guys can gain 20cm sometimes and that would be sweet . I cannot afford much so a cheap doctor would be great.

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 07:39:07 AM »

I think Kilokhan was the guy who introduced me to the forum, so I'm happy with that nomination. I honestly don't anyone else well enough to make another nomination.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 10:55:26 AM »

Lol thank you Drybone.

I am not running for moderator, but thanks anyways. I would nominate Carter but I dont know how often he comes on.

We have a good core of folks on here. I think whomever is nominated will do just fine  :D

EyeLevel

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 11:08:35 PM »

I would just like to add we should strive to be an actual community. Something that the other site advertised but always had a belligerent aura.

Not only should this site be completely unbiased but also supportive of all members that are plagued with shortness.

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »

Unless there is reason I don't know about I still think that Medium would be a good candidate.

Sweden too perhaps?

Both have been through the process and both are pretty bias free from what I can see/tell.

Sweden and Medium have both also conducted themselves in a suitable manner as far as I am aware too.

Generic

• Visitor
Sweden - Re: Nomination for New Moderators
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 12:02:09 AM »

From what I've read with Sweden's posts. He does appears impartial to a degree and has a passion for LL despite the obvious interest in being a patient.

+1 Vote for Sweden from me.

Cheers,
Please note I'm not the real Slim Shady or Sysop!

Blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 01:10:31 AM »

I think Sweden and Medium would make great moderators.

I think it says a lot if a moderator has had LL but it is not a requirement.

I also don't really care if a member is active in anold forum.

Carter

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 01:27:20 AM »

I vote for Medium Drink of Water and Kilokahn as 2nd and 3rd moderators.  Don't matter if you had done LL or not, it's all about making decisions. They are level headed and intelligent enough to do the job, going by their posts here.   
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:29:32 AM by Carter »

Sweden

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 10:25:14 PM »

The hatin' stops with you - no one else.  ;)
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 12:17:41 PM »

I wouldn't say he's chummy at all.  He is still present there yes, but he has also never hidden this fact.  He is pretty transparent (in my opinion).  I'd also trust him over a lot of other members too, he has been good enough to offer practical advice to people on both forums like Medium has too.

Anyways it's your call, I respect that.  My shouts are Medium, Sweden and Kilokahn (in no particular order!)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:53:41 AM by Admin »

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »

Has Sweden's name cleared after he was accused of shilling for Dr. Sarin?

An_Apple_A_Day

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »

Has Sweden's name cleared after he was accused of shilling for Dr. Sarin?

Well I won't get in to that.  I mean we won't ever really know exactly what happened.

I mean even if he was getting cash for promoting Sarin, he certainly does not try and coerce people to use him anymore.  I put it down to the fact the guy himself was using the doctor and he recommended him.  There is a clear distinction between that and say the SysOp drama where he hadn't used the doctors or making fake accounts, etc...

Right now Sweden has chosen to do Internals with Jamal, and he is honest and upfront about his experience in India.

Muse

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 02:07:15 PM »

Okay, I've contacted the two new moderators Kilokahn and Medium Drink of Water and will be making a new thread about the moderator roles.  We'll looking to make some changes that should benefit everyone, as always feedback can be given there.

Forum Rules:  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=122.0

Updated: Also, to put an end to TomD's issue,  I have also removed the posts on that subject so everyone can move forward.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:26:23 AM by Admin »

TomD

• Private
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 10:18:15 PM »

Thank you for this.

I have been away on business for the last 6 days. I hope everyone has been well. I wish nothing but the best for all of us. I hope we get the treatment necessary to become taller. :D

I stand behind my decisions. I do not regret trying to stand up for the forum during its formative period. I may have not been perfect but my heart was always in the right place.

I choose to keep my private thoughts for Dameon and wont print them here. I have indicated them to him in private. I stand behind him and the site 100% .

And I will continue to support the forum any way I can . As I indicated to Dameon, I will fade into the background as we have excellent staff in place.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up