Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it even worth it in my case?  (Read 15069 times)

shortguysigh

• Visitor
Is it even worth it in my case?
« on: October 20, 2013, 11:04:16 PM »

Hi all,

I've discovered old forum  several years ago while in school and was interested in LL but never had the time nor money. I finished school, got a great job, and the thoughts about LL has resurfaced. I am from the Indian subcontinent, but born and raised in the States. I am 27 and 5'1". Now that I'm finished with school, its within our culture to look for someone to get married to. Most girls of our culture are looking for guys that are 5'7" or taller (even though their average height is 5'2"). I've had in-person relationships in the past (both taller and believe-it-or-not, shorter), but I met a girl online who seemed amazing, until the height question popped up and it went down hill from there, which rejuvenated my desire for LL. I see that a lot of guys start LL at 5'4"-5'7", yet I would LOVE to be that height at the end of the agonizing LL. In order to obtain the desired height of 5'7", or a gain of 15cm, I would need to complete two surgeries with recovery in the 3+ year range rather than 1-2 like most folks here. With that being said, would LL even be worth it in my situation? I see a lot of people on old forum  simply obsessed with height and LL. I would love to do it, but I am already a confident and successful guy without it. At the end of LL, I would STILL be shorter than the average guy and just taller than the average girl. So with that being said, would it even be worth it?

Thanks in advance!

somecm

Re: Is it even worth it in my case?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 11:16:13 PM »

I think if you have enough money it is worth.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 11:25:29 PM »

Hi and Welcome!!!

Yeah, I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I am 5 ft 7 , but in my culture that is noticeably short.

In your culture being 5ft 7 would be pretty good!!! .  :)

Go to the 'Information About Limb Lengthening' section and read as much as you can.

It will give you a good head start on what the procedure is all about and if its for you or not.

emanuel

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 11:34:52 PM »

Are you seriously asking if you are too short for LL?  :)

Cosmetic LL is designed for short people like you, so of course it's worth it!

Even if you "only" lengthen safe amounts like 7cm in femurs and 6cm in tibias, that would bring you to 1,68cm, which is still short but not super short anymore. There are a lot of men in the 1,65-1,70 range; this is not a alien height. And be sure, it would increase your chances to find a nice girl for your marriage plans - especially if you are already confident and successfull as you say.

If you want to go for more (15cm+), you should take a close look at your proportions first.

Did internal femurs with Dr. Jamal in 2013 and went from 1,65 to 1,72.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 12:33:53 AM »

Welcome Jamal

Good advice. LL was made for guys like him -and us too !  8)

Adriano

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 02:42:44 AM »

the shorteryou are the greater the benefits of LL

here is a the reasonn why.
at 5"1 another  3 inches or maybe even 4 inches will put you at 5"4.  thats the average girls height. Meaning you will now to stand to date around 20-30%  of that feamle population.

On the other hand, A 5'10 guy can date 90%+ of the female population before LL. So if he does LL he will only beable to date another 10% of the female population!

if u have another LL to take you to 5'7 you will then be able to date 70% of women. how awesome is that!!  You get ur monies worth at the lower end of the spectrum.

I dont bean to be mean but at 5'1 some girls would be calling you a borderline midget.

I have always said if i was 5'8 i would never bother with LL because i believe LL is for really short men.

If u r 5'8 and find urself doing LL then i feel sorry for you. With that said, once u do ur LL and see the befits of being taller, most guys tend to try and mild what ever it is that extra height can provide.

I cant wait to go from 5'4 to 5'8  and then 5'8 to 5'11. ha aha ha..why not!!

And no it wont take you 3 years.  9 months after ur first surgery you will be walking normally and without crutches. Unless u r one of those guys u want to return to competetive sport or jump off buildings like u were pre-LL then yes it will take more than 3 yrs if u lengthen 15cm or more

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 02:56:20 AM »

No, I don't think it's worth it for you.  If you're confident and successful without it, you don't belong with us crazy freaks on here.  ;D

I was a miserable loser before LL and it was what finally helped me get the confidence to turn my life around.  That's the only reason I don't regret LL.  It's not about your legs, it's about your mind.

Blackhawk

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 03:24:30 AM »

I am also confident and successful but I know that LL can improve things in my life and I hope to do it in 2015.

I am in my early 30s and I had some of same questions about it being worth it.  One of the members of the other site who is in his mid 40s said that for him being short was something he never accepted and if he didn't do LL he would probably always regret it.

I think the benefits outweigh the risks, time, and money for me.  I think if I don't do it I will probably regret it.

Is anyone else planning on doing LL in 2015?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 03:37:51 AM »

Honestly,

I would discourage limb lengthening to people who are happy with themselves where they are. I wish I didn't feel like limb lengthening was something I needed to do, because I'd rather save myself from all the crap that comes along with this procedure.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

TomD

• Private
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 04:18:19 AM »

Honestly,

I would discourage limb lengthening to people who are happy with themselves where they are. I wish I didn't feel like limb lengthening was something I needed to do, because I'd rather save myself from all the crap that comes along with this procedure.

It is a ton of work . I know that reading the replies here from those who have had it done so have repeatedly said so.

Drybone

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 04:41:58 AM »

Hi.

Love the site here. I used to go to Make Me Taller and a friend referred me here. This place is smaller and much easier for a guy like me.

Back ground . I am 21 years old. I am a student in the United States. I am 5ft 4 and wish to be 6ft 2 . I know it sounds like a lot but I have seen pictures of others who have done it. I don't have a lot of money and would like to do it cheap.

Any feedback would be great.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 05:10:19 AM »

Hi.

Love the site here. I used to go to Make Me Taller and a friend referred me here. This place is smaller and much easier for a guy like me.

Back ground . I am 21 years old. I am a student in the United States. I am 5ft 4 and wish to be 6ft 2 . I know it sounds like a lot but I have seen pictures of others who have done it. I don't have a lot of money and would like to do it cheap.

Hey Drybone I am glad to see you made it. Not what you were expecting right? Lol

I dunno about being 6ft 2 . That is 10 inches. What is your current 'wingspan' . As in what is the distance between your arms stretched out ?  :)

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 05:16:26 AM »

Hi.

Hi there,

Most doctors would recommend the safe limit of 2 inches per bone segment. Beyond that, you're in for a much tougher time recovering. From 5'4 to 6'2 isn't really realistic. Not only will you not look proportional, but the chances of you ever recovering completely from that much lengthening is zero. You'll have long term damage to your blood vessels and nerves and will seriously regret lengthening that amount. If you really wanted to have two surgeries then I think the maximum you could safely pull off is 5 inches split between two segments.

It's still best to take it slow and research everything first. Think about completing one segment before considering a second surgery. There are some people on this site who are currently doing the procedure or had it done previously who you can get some more insight and advice from. Medium Drink of Water had his surgery years ago and could give you an idea of what to expect.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

alps

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 06:02:05 AM »

So with that being said, would it even be worth it?

Thanks in advance!
Are you depressed in life? Do you think a lot about your height?
I feel you must be having a hard time there in the US at 5'1". But perspective varies. You might be happy.
But remember that these LL forums make you addictive about LL. Before I came to these forums, I wasn't all that hell bent on LL. Now I think about LL everyday.

Drybone

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 06:28:40 AM »

Hey short. Ya I went to old forum  because TomD went there . I went to college with his daughter. I never go there anymore it seemed like they didnt care much and I am busy with school.

I am 5ft 7 by the way. I guess I wrote that wrong. (I need spell check for my brain) . Anyways Tom told me about the issues with Make Me Taller and so he emailed me a link here. Do you know him?

I cant really afford very much. The places I heard about here in the states are like $90000 bucks .

Anyone got $90 grand to help a brother out? LOL

GetTallOrGoGay

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 06:33:29 AM »

It's worth it in every case.

FrankGarrett

• Yew collect callin' son of a bitch, yew.
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 07:30:49 AM »

I have always said if i was 5'8 i would never bother with LL because i believe LL is for really short men.

If u r 5'8 and find urself doing LL then i feel sorry for you. With that said, once u do ur LL and see the befits of being taller, most guys tend to try and mild what ever it is that extra height can provide.

I cant wait to go from 5'4 to 5'8  and then 5'8 to 5'11. ha aha ha..why not!!

Interesting. So, you say that you feel sorry for 5' 8" men and then contradict yourself by saying you want to lengthen from 5' 8" to 5' 11" after your first surgery.

Why are you so stupid?

Adriano

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 09:10:13 AM »

Interesting. So, you say that you feel sorry for 5' 8" men and then contradict yourself by saying you want to lengthen from 5' 8" to 5' 11" after your first surgery.

Why are you so stupid?

U r quick to judge smart ass!

after 4 inches on my thighs I will need a second surgery to bring my legs into proportion. I think that lengthening huge amounts on one bone increases the chances arthritis and other problems later on because it puts more pressure on some joints.
since surgery will distort my tibia/femur proportions I have no choice but to do the second operation even though I will be satisfied at 5'8.
I am successful and don't need to tower other men to feel better about myself. I just don't want to be too short.

FrankGarrett

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »

U r quick to judge smart ass!

I'm quick to judge? So, I'm wrong in thinking you're discriminating against men who are 5' 8" and taller?

after 4 inches on my thighs I will need a second surgery to bring my legs into proportion. I think that lengthening huge amounts on one bone increases the chances arthritis and other problems later on because it puts more pressure on some joints.

If you think 5' 8" is so perfect, why don't you lengthen 2" in each segment? 5cm of lengthening is within the recommended amount. There would be no need to lengthen 4 inches in one segment and risk the chance of developing arthritis. It's your body you're worried about, so why are you so concerned about other mens' bodies? Are you gay or something?

You also contradicted yourself there. You're concerned about arthritis by lengthening too much, but you want to lengthen 10cm. 10cm is 5cm over the recommended amount, so why do you want to lengthen 10cm and risk arthritis? That doesn't make any sense.

since surgery will distort my tibia/femur proportions I have no choice but to do the second operation even though I will be satisfied at 5'8.
I am successful and don't need to tower other men to feel better about myself. I just don't want to be too short.

How do you know you will be satisfied at 5' 8"? How you ever been 5' 8" before? No, you haven't. You're a 5' 4" man who mostly likely wears lifts to bring you around that height. That's not the same thing for the following reasons:

1. Can you jog in lifts?

No, your balance would be off and you'd risk spraining your ankle.

2. Can you play sports in lifts?

No, balance, one again, would prevent this.

3. Can you lift heavy stuff in lifts?

No, your balance prevents this also.

4. When you pull a woman and bring her back to your parent's basement, can you take off your shoes?

No because she'll realize she pulled a 5' 4" man instead of a 5' 8" man. How would you like it if you brought home a woman with large breasts, only for her to be a flat-chested woman with a stuffed bra? I would be very disappointed if some large-chested woman whipped up her top, only to reveal she has chest of an 8-year-old boy.

You need to understand that you will never be a 5' 8" man until you lengthen to be a 5' 8" man, so stop assuming that life will be fine and dandy at a certain height that you've never experienced. Furthermore, stop discriminating against people of a certain height because men come to these forums to escape discrimination, only for your insecure and pathetic self to inflict discrimination upon them based around your insecurities. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:55:47 PM by FrankGarrett »

Adriano

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 01:50:21 PM »

Ok FRANK u r RIGHT.

now talk about other things. I don't dwell on what ppl say. I don't see things in black and white so I don't see the need to write an essay explaining my previous posts or dissecting other ppls posts to prove my point.

Now posts about interesting things rather than make sure u win this battle or what ever it is u r doing. I didn't read half ur post so u wasted ur time.

What  do ppl get from argueing with strangers in forums by the way. I don't get it

FrankGarrett

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 02:10:14 PM »

Ok FRANK u r RIGHT.

now talk about other things. I don't dwell on what ppl say. I don't see things in black and white so I don't see the need to write an essay explaining my previous posts or dissecting other ppls posts to prove my point.

Now posts about interesting things rather than make sure u win this battle or what ever it is u r doing. I didn't read half ur post so u wasted ur time.

What  do ppl get from argueing with strangers in forums by the way. I don't get it

Well, that just proves your ignorance then. Why should we read your posts? It's not as if you have anything productive to say, all you care about is yourself and your insecurities - you're not here to help anyone, you're here to help yourself and try to drag everyone down to your way of thinking, trying to convince us everyone is against you because they're taller than you and you're some sort of victim in all this. It's not our fault you're short, so don't be blaming your inadequacies on random people you've never met before.

I don't think it's very difficult to win an argument with you, you're not a very intelligent and logical person, just a very ignorant one.

Why don't you focus fixing your own problems instead of worrying about other people's? It's quite clear you have a lot of insecurity issues that go beyond your height issues.

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 04:42:06 PM »

Hi all,

I've discovered old forum  several years ago while in school and was interested in LL but never had the time nor money. I finished school, got a great job, and the thoughts about LL has resurfaced. I am from the Indian subcontinent, but born and raised in the States. I am 27 and 5'1". Now that I'm finished with school, its within our culture to look for someone to get married to. Most girls of our culture are looking for guys that are 5'7" or taller (even though their average height is 5'2"). I've had in-person relationships in the past (both taller and believe-it-or-not, shorter), but I met a girl online who seemed amazing, until the height question popped up and it went down hill from there, which rejuvenated my desire for LL. I see that a lot of guys start LL at 5'4"-5'7", yet I would LOVE to be that height at the end of the agonizing LL. In order to obtain the desired height of 5'7", or a gain of 15cm, I would need to complete two surgeries with recovery in the 3+ year range rather than 1-2 like most folks here. With that being said, would LL even be worth it in my situation? I see a lot of people on old forum  simply obsessed with height and LL. I would love to do it, but I am already a confident and successful guy without it. At the end of LL, I would STILL be shorter than the average guy and just taller than the average girl. So with that being said, would it even be worth it?

Thanks in advance!

look im 5'5 ish, my life is not crap.
I am successful nad happy most of the time. I am sure i can buy a house one day, get a family, children and live happily for ever.

BUT I am want more, I know I can excel on alot of areas if I were taller. For example in career.
Maybe I can get hotter chick if I were taller? there are alot of 'what if' that I dont know the answer for, but I wanna get to 5'8 and find the answers.

My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Adriano

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 02:17:26 AM »

look im 5'5 ish, my life is not crap.
I am successful nad happy most of the time. I am sure i can buy a house one day, get a family, children and live happily for ever.

BUT I am want more, I know I can excel on alot of areas if I were taller. For example in career.
Maybe I can get hotter chick if I were taller? there are alot of 'what if' that I dont know the answer for, but I wanna get to 5'8 and find the answers.

Well said Kusop.
LL is not for short men looking to be happy.
its for short men to be even happier in life.
Why not take a chance to see how much greener grass is on the other side?
All we know is after LL things should be same or BETTER.
There is no way any one can deny that being short limits us.
No one is saying short men cant be successfull.

How many times have i seen girls that i like only to realise they are 1-3 inches taller than me :(

I dont want to settle for the short girls because they r the only ones i can get for the rest of my life

(Now to those of u who like read things in balck n white  dont bother)

FrankGarrett

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 02:55:45 AM »

(Now to those of u who like read things in balck n white  dont bother)

I'm guessing this is directed at me.

I don't think you quite understand that phrase, or you just posted something hilariously ironic. This is your mentality:

"Me Adriano. Me short. 5' 8" good. Me envious of taller people and do not think from other people's perspective. Me discriminate against 5' 8" and taller because me insecure. Hurr durr."

You don't seem to factor in that individuals might be from a country where the average height is 6' 0" or more. If you actually didn't think in black and white, then you'd realise that everything is relative. What if an average height man wanted to become a bouncer and was considered too short? Should he have to accept he height just because some insecure half-wit on this forum thinks his height is acceptable? What about male models who need to be around 6' 2"? Being taller has more advantages than being average.

Anyone who is obsessed with the lives of strangers online must have no real-life friends. Why don't you get a life of your own instead of worrying about others' online? 

Furthermore, many members have returned looking for more height, even those who was 100% confident that they'd be satisfied with only one surgery.

Muse

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 04:07:47 AM »

Right, and so this topic has turned from the OP's wondering if it's worth have Limb Lengthening Surgery to some personal issues between Frank and Adriano.  Let's stick to the LL related topic.  Maybe the height and dating issue can be a new thread. Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:12:26 AM by Dameon »
Pages: [1]   Go Up