Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this forum really full of mentally freaks?  (Read 23690 times)

LittleWhiteMan

Is this forum really full of mentally freaks?
« on: November 11, 2014, 06:28:33 AM »

Hey guys, it came to my wondering that probably there was a chance of some of us being mentally ill and insane... well actually it came to mind when I saw this guy "123" calling some pals crazy or generalizing that there were some mentally ill people out here.

My main concern is, are some of us really that crazy? I don't want to generalize, I actually want someone to share experiences with some of the guys over here and/or proved data that there are some really crazy dudes with us lol. Repeat, I don't want to hurt anyone I am just wondering this, and probably this way we could also help some of our friends (I personally suffer from Major Depressive Disorder and OCD so disorders and mental problems aren't something of a big deal for me).
5'1", 100 lbs

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Is this forum really full of mentally freaks?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:24:21 AM »

I think it's a guarantee that any internet forum will be visited by people who are a little off.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 11:59:32 AM »

"Is this forum really full of mentally freaks?"  ;D

I don't think that this forum is "full" of mentally ill people, But there might be 1 or 2 people (other than you) that aren't mentally stable. I don't consider height neurosis to be an mental illness, It's something that short people experience sooner or later and it goes away in most cases as you learn to accept you'r height.
Height: 177cm / Wingspan: 193cm
Sitting height: 94-95cm / current SHR: 53.7% /
Hand length: 21.5cm / Handbreadth: 10cm
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm
Tibia:43cm / Femur:42

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »

I also believe thet height neurosis is not a mental "illness" as it's based on scientifically backed real-world realities based on society responses, but it's definitely a terrible mental condition to be in (as I've been there myself). I usually look at extensive proportions discussions as possible BDD. Because frankly, after LL, people don't realize anything wrong about your proportions.  Long legs usually look a lot better actually. So if a person says "I only want to lengthen 3 cm's", I respect that, but I honestly feel that person is possibly a weirdo. And then there are the ratio discussions. Knee to hip percentage, femurs to leg total percantage, golden ratio, yada yada yada. It's funny (and sad at the same time). As a patient I always had a simple approach. Taller = Better.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 12:09:19 PM »

I realized that my post came right after 680's post, and I read the "proportions Nazi" description below his nickname and laughed. It's a coincidence that I posted after you bro, please don't take it personally haha.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 12:12:51 PM »

Oh and there's the "I lost respect for all women" thread on the old forum. It's a madhouse I'm tellin' ya.

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »

I realized that my post came right after 680's post, and I read the "proportions Nazi" description below his nickname and laughed. It's a coincidence that I posted after you bro, please don't take it personally haha.

No problem, I respect your approach. Most people won't notice you'r proportions if you stick to a safe amount of LL, However i don't really care how people perceive my proportions and height, I don't want to look disproportionate to myself, That's why i care so much about proportions. My problem is with myself and my self-image, I don't want to do LL to get a larger dating pool or have the other "advantages" that come with greater height.
Arm lenght (middle finger to acromion bone) : 85cm   | Ground to crotch: 85cm | Inseam: 80cm

GeTs

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »

6'0 guys wanting to do ll because apparently "they all dreamed of being their father's height who is 1 inch taller than them

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 01:39:09 PM »

I respect your approach too  :)  You're already above average height in the US though, which is likely to make you a great LL candidate (proportion-wise). The taller you already are, the length you add will have a lesser effect on your total height percenage wise. Unless you have a very short upper body, you should be safe. It all depends on the person at the end. I was shorter than you to begin with at 5'5, but my legs were extremely short compared to my upper body. I never bothered to measure anything since it was very obvious to me in front of the mirror. My proportions are actually better now, I look more natural, and I could still handle a second LL (although I really don't need to do it). You have an analytic approach, you calculate a lot of things, which could be very useful in many other areas of life.

Uppland

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »

6'0 guys wanting to do ll because apparently "they all dreamed of being their father's height who is 1 inch taller than them

Charming mate.

Anyway I spoke with a member (can't remember his name) who was schizophrenic which is a quite serious personality disorder. Other than that I think being short does take a toll on a man eventually.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »

Being 6'0" sucks! If 6'0 is such a great height, why do most guys that tall go on and say they are 6'1"? I hated being 6'0". Wanted to be 6'4" as a kid but was sold quite short of that dream! Get it?
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

GeTs

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »

Being 6'0" sucks! If 6'0 is such a great height, why do most guys that tall go on and say they are 6'1"? I hated being 6'0". Wanted to be 6'4" as a kid but was sold quite short of that dream! Get it?
if height is everything u've got i agree

KrP1

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 09:30:55 PM »

Ajax, you should have been 5´5 and then say that. you are one of the metally freaks

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 09:45:38 PM »

Ajax, you should have been 6´5 and then say that. you are not one of the metally freaks

Yeah I wouldn't be saying that at 6'5"! Thanks. My growth was probably stunted so I want my full potential height!

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 09:47:57 PM »

Come on Ajax taller is better up to a subjective point but there isn't really any problem with being 6' and 6'1 is actually a pretty good height. Remember that this surgery is brutal and your body will never be quite the same -in many ways for the worse.

-And I'm saying this as one of the biggest height enthusiasts on the forum if I could change one thing with myself I'd be 6'3-6'5.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 09:48:42 PM »

Lol @ you changing Kirpi's original message

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 10:04:02 PM »

Come on Ajax taller is better up to a subjective point but there isn't really any problem with being 6' and 6'1 is actually a pretty good height. Remember that this surgery is brutal and your body will never be quite the same -in many ways for the worse.

-And I'm saying this as one of the biggest height enthusiasts on the forum if I could change one thing with myself I'd be 6'3-6'5.

Yeah I guess your right. But I'm still gonna aim for 6'3" in 2016. I'm gonna pay credit card debt and do a consultation with Salameh in 2015 and If all works out, I'll lengthen in Q1 or Q2 of '16.

Taller

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 10:05:24 PM »

Yeah I wouldn't be saying that at 6'5"! Thanks. My growth was probably stunted so I want my full potential height!

How were you even stunted? Chances are you weren't actually stunted, you just ended up shorter than you hoped. That's what happened to me. I am 6-9CM shorter than my father. I didn't sleep as much as I could have and didn't always eat three meals a day growing up (bad personal choice), but, in the grand scheme of things, that probably didn't affect nearly as much as genes did. It doesn't matter at this point though. You're shorter than you hoped and either you'll change it via LL or you'll accept it.

Even if you were stunted, you can't change the past, and asking yourself "what if?" will only drive you crazy.

You don't need to justify your LL to everyone either. It's a personal choice, and people can offer their opinions on it, but they should not judge you for it. There is a fine but important line between these two behaviors!

GeTs

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 10:09:35 PM »

Yeah I guess your right. But I'm still gonna aim for 6'3" in 2016. I'm gonna pay credit card debt and do a consultation with Salameh in 2015 and If all works out, I'll lengthen in Q1 or Q2 of '16.
how old are u?

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 10:20:06 PM »

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 10:26:44 PM »

How were you even stunted? Chances are you weren't actually stunted, you just ended up shorter than you hoped. That's what happened to me. I am 6-9CM shorter than my father. I didn't sleep as much as I could have and didn't always eat three meals a day growing up (bad personal choice), but, in the grand scheme of things, that probably didn't affect nearly as much as genes did. It doesn't matter at this point though. You're shorter than you hoped and either you'll change it via LL or you'll accept it.

Even if you were stunted, you can't change the past, and asking yourself "what if?" will only drive you crazy.

You don't need to justify your LL to everyone either. It's a personal choice, and people can offer their opinions on it, but they should not judge you for it. There is a fine but important line between these two behaviors!

Well actually it all adds up. Yes it is %80 genes but you could easily be at least "1-3" taller if you eat right which I didn't do. My diet was lacking in vegetables and body was stuffed with pills which will do horrible things to your body. It's the sad truth but I'm a size 14 shoe and my growth slowed down tremendously at 13 where I was given medication. Is that a coincidence? I don't think so!
There's no such thing as one in my world. So it was my parents poor parenting not guiding through what I need to eat and solving my anger and depressions issues with medication instead of proper nutrition. So if I was given a 2nd chance to be in my teens again with all this knowledge I would use it and be a taller person. It may not have made me that much taller but it sure would be worth it instead of going to Russia or whatever country for 4-6 months!

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 12:21:51 AM »

hahaha, i love it!!

yeah im definately insane and out of my mind! I'm what people consider "a freak" and i embrace it!
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

programdude

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »

Some people on the LL forums are a little out there, and some are sane but have some warped views. Because of this I expected several crazy people getting LL with Paley. However the vast majority were very sane and friendly. I think those who go with higher end dr.'s will on average be more together than the truly desperate people who go for cheaper dr.'s.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2014, 05:55:38 AM »

Some people on the LL forums are a little out there, and some are sane but have some warped views. Because of this I expected several crazy people getting LL with Paley. However the vast majority were very sane and friendly. I think those who go with higher end dr.'s will on average be more together than the truly desperate people who go for cheaper dr.'s.

I think the reason why people go with cheaper doctors is because most of the people here are in thier 20s and can't afford the high end doctors. It's got nothing to do with sanity.

Taller

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 09:01:32 AM »

I think the reason why people go with cheaper doctors is because most of the people here are in thier 20s and can't afford the high end doctors. It's got nothing to do with sanity.

That is the case for me. Or maybe I'm just insane and not completely aware of it :P I'm young and trying to pay for college while saving for LL simultaneously. Definitely not an ideal situation. I'm very grateful that there are well qualified low-cost doctors who seem capable of doing quite a good job with the LL surgery.

Cannibal

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2014, 09:21:11 AM »

^ Who would you say are the good cheap ones?
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

programdude

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2014, 02:49:49 PM »

Thats not my point. My point was on average being more together than those who go to a cheaper doctor.

Those who have the luxury to afford a higher cost dr. aren't going to be as desperately caught up on the matter of height, since affording it wasn't as much of a struggle, whereas many you see on the forums and who ultimately go with cheaper dr.'s are more exasperated about the entire process and in some cases might know they'll never actually be able to afford it.

Someone who either knows they are stuck at a height they find undesirable for life, or who has to wait awhile to fix it and obsesses over it in the meantime before going to a doctor they know is not ideal, and potentially being anxious about complications of their decision is likelier to be A. More strung out/stressed B. More obsessed with the issue of height C. More bitter about the whole situation since it was much harder for them to resolve.

Whereas those who go to a wealthier dr. tend to have had the money for the surgery and then some, and were able to hop into things much sooner after height neurosis became a problem for them. I know personally the fact I was able to go from developing some neurosis, to discovering the surgery, and getting it done in a very small period of time was much mentally healthier than harping on it for years.

Its not that the decision to go to a cheap dr. makes you crazy, its that the mental state created by zero or very limited options can make you crazy.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

GeTs

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 03:29:10 PM »

Thats not my point. My point was on average being more together than those who go to a cheaper doctor.

Those who have the luxury to afford a higher cost dr. aren't going to be as desperately caught up on the matter of height, since affording it wasn't as much of a struggle, whereas many you see on the forums and who ultimately go with cheaper dr.'s are more exasperated about the entire process and in some cases might know they'll never actually be able to afford it.

Someone who either knows they are stuck at a height they find undesirable for life, or who has to wait awhile to fix it and obsesses over it in the meantime before going to a doctor they know is not ideal, and potentially being anxious about complications of their decision is likelier to be A. More strung out/stressed B. More obsessed with the issue of height C. More bitter about the whole situation since it was much harder for them to resolve.

Whereas those who go to a wealthier dr. tend to have had the money for the surgery and then some, and were able to hop into things much sooner after height neurosis became a problem for them. I know personally the fact I was able to go from developing some neurosis, to discovering the surgery, and getting it done in a very small period of time was much mentally healthier than harping on it for years.

Its not that the decision to go to a cheap dr. makes you crazy, its that the mental state created by zero or very limited options can make you crazy.
stop talking bull  or convincing urself

TRS

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »

From what you have said, wouldn't it mean that people who undergo LL with Dr.Paley be more "crazy" because it would've taken them many years to save up for Paley, adding years of frustration together with the existing height neurosis? We shouldn't ignore the fact people can also have mental issues regardless of whether they can afford expensive doctors.
On the contrary, people who go to cheaper doctors fix their problem much earlier rather than waiting to save up for Paley, Guichet,Rozbruch etc....Some people that can afford top end doctors may end up having surgery with cheaper alternatives in order to save money.
If you read some of the patient diaries from top end doctors, I'm pretty sure you will be able to tell how insane they are lol. Therefore I simply don't believe that crazy people are most likely going to end up with cheaper doctors.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 04:37:48 PM by TheRisingShorty »

• Proportion☤Nazi
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »

I completely disagree.

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »

I completely disagree.

He's not wrong. People who suffer from short height have real problems and the worst part is to wait until you get LL done, so you can enjoy life.

I'm not talking about guys who are average and claim to have some bull  height neurosis, which doesn't even exist, they just use is it as an excuse to legitimate that they just want to be taller.

So having money makes it a lot easier and being poor and doing LL is also dumb. If you are already poor how are you going to survive without working a whole year? And you will be even poorer after LL and you won't be even able to do physical work for more than a year.

Being poor and short sucks I agree with that, but risking your health for being not so short, poor and a cripple is just dumb.

This is just my opinion though, doesn't mean I'm right...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up