Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planning surgery in August either in India or Russia  (Read 1248 times)

nomad13

Planning surgery in August either in India or Russia
« on: April 02, 2019, 07:45:03 AM »

I am planning to do surgery this august, I am 160cm trying to go for 165/166, was convinced about Dr. Naveen Talvar, I called him today he said it will cost around 1800000 to 2200000 INR but I was expecting bit lower as I read aroung 8kUSD for him in this forum. if anyone is travelling either to india or russia in that time, let me know we can share costs.
LON tibias(Oct 2019) in consolidation phase 160cm --> 165cm by Dr. Pradip Sharma http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64481.0

GrowTow

Re: Planning surgery in August either in India or Russia
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 04:29:12 PM »

I'll be doing surgery in India this summer either in 2 months or by August (latest) with Dr Sarin. Honestly i've not heard of Dr Naveen Talwar, I don't remember reading any diaries from his patients.

The only Indian Drs I would trust are Dr Sharma, Dr Sarin and MAYBE Dr Parihar.

It seems as though you're simply going for the cheapest option. If I were you, i'd save a bit more money $15 000 for Dr Sarin and then you'll be in safe hands, i'm not sure about the prices for the other two. $8 000 seems so cheap that it feels desperate.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

lauren99

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 07:01:05 AM »

In India, you will find comparatively less cost.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 08:08:55 AM »

I am planning to do surgery this august, I am 160cm trying to go for 165/166, was convinced about Dr. Naveen Talvar, I called him today he said it will cost around 1800000 to 2200000 INR but I was expecting bit lower as I read aroung 8kUSD for him in this forum. if anyone is travelling either to india or russia in that time, let me know we can share costs.

When I consulted at Rockland Hospitals, I was made aware that Dr Talwar would be there to oversee the surgery, but he wouldn't be performing it. Additionally, he took a course from Dr Paley, but it isn't equivalent to a residency and Ilizarov surgeries aren't his primary focus.

I've seen some scary x-rays from Dr Sarin patients, so while there's a chance you could come out relatively unscathed, why put yourself in even more risk than the surgery is in the first place by going to someone who has shown to have disastrous cases?

In the end, the decision is up to you. But if you decide on India, I'd recommend Parihar over all others.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 05:22:22 PM »

Kilo, What do you think about Dr Shah?
Go for it
Pages: [1]   Go Up