Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Precise 2 Bilateral Femur LL- Dr. Mahboubian 11/6/14 (Incomplete)  (Read 10194 times)

SIRE3111

• Visitor

Dear LL community,
I hope this reaches everyone well. I first want to thank this forum for a lot of useful info which I used to make my decision. I underwent bilateral femur LL w/ Dr. Mahboubian on 11/6/14! I have been home since 11/8 and boy has it been a struggle. I am very independent with a very busy business schedule and so having to slow down and depend on others along with healing has been difficult. Thanks to my physical therapist the swelling has deceased substantially and I am now able to bend at the knees and life my legs.
I wanted to join this community so that I can share my experiences and also get some feedback on what to expect in the coming weeks and months.

Cheers!

TRS

Re: Precise 2 Bilateral Femur LL- Dr. Mahboubian 11/6/14 (Incomplete)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 10:17:03 AM »

Hey!
The first month will be rough especially dealing with surgical pain and physiotherapy can be a real torture :o It will be a good idea to routinely take painkillers for the first few weeks so the pain does not accumulate and hit back hard!
But things should settle later and your legs will gradually improve day by day.
Tell us a bit about yourself e.g. initial height, target, are you planning to lengthen tibias as well?
All the best!

GeTs

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 10:21:06 AM »

Indian doctor?

Gichelu

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 01:24:01 AM »

Hi SIRE3111,

Good luck on your leg lengthening. How many times to you get checkup and x ray from Dr. Mahboubian?

Indian doctor?

Mahboubian sounds like Persian name.
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 02:59:04 AM »

He is one of the best one in US
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:33:14 AM by goodlucktomylegs »

Cannibal

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 03:25:55 AM »

^He's got 6 years experience compared to Paley or Rozbruch's over 20 years do I wouldn't think so.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

programdude

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 03:05:30 PM »

^He's got 6 years experience compared to Paley or Rozbruch's over 20 years do I wouldn't think so.

This. Heard scary things, but I hope luck is on your side.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 03:44:35 PM »

Hi SIRE3111,

Good luck on your leg lengthening. How many times to you get checkup and x ray from Dr. Mahboubian?

Mahboubian sounds like Persian name.

Certainly Persian. Probably from a family who migrated to the United States after 1979 Iran Islamic Revolution. That would make him a second generation American. Just guessing though, I could be entirely wrong. Iranian-Americans certainly are very educated people. I don't like Dr.Mahboubian's marketing strategies but I would trust him as a doctor.

GeTs

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 03:49:11 PM »

Certainly Persian. Probably from a family who migrated to the United States after 1979 Iran Islamic Revolution. That would make him a second generation American. Just guessing though, I could be entirely wrong. Iranian-Americans certainly are very educated people. I don't like Dr.Mahboubian's marketing strategies but I would trust him as a doctor.
its the same strategy as paley

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 04:22:19 PM »

Best luck for you man.and show is some pictures

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 12:55:13 AM »

Mahboubian is an Armenian name but he's persian according to his profile on the web.
I've heard some bad things about Mahboubian though. I would want to do ll with him though because then I could bypass a plane ticket and just rent an apartment during the lengthrning phase. But unless what I read on old forum  on the bad experience with him on old forum  was fabricated, I'm probably gonna skip him.
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

Metanoia

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 11:25:09 AM »

I don't know Dr. Maboubian but i think that the US law system provides some protection for the patients. Dr. M is using the Precise nail, not some self produced nail, therefore i don't see what could be so wrong about him. If he had a complication rate like Betz he would have been sued out of business long time ago wouldn't he?
Or am i wrong?

GoTaller

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 03:55:30 AM »

Hi SIRE111, Can you tell me the extra expenses you have to pay while having your LL done with Dr. M. I am an Asian Male 167 cm in the U.S. considering if I should have it done in the U.S. or  China in February of 2015. Currently I am emailing Dr. Roger Li and Dr. M and doing my research.  I hope you can enlighten me on how the payment process work and what was the steps when moving forward with the surgery. Thanks

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 04:33:17 AM »

I don't know Dr. Maboubian but i think that the US law system provides some protection for the patients. Dr. M is using the Precise nail, not some self produced nail, therefore i don't see what could be so wrong about him. If he had a complication rate like Betz he would have been sued out of business long time ago wouldn't he?
Or am i wrong?

You're not wrong.  No incompetent doctor will last long in the U.S. because of the civil legal system.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »

Or am i wrong?

I heard of a bad consultation with him on old forum . I also heard someone's femurs snapped with him.
I can't say for sure but If these were true then itd be a shame because I wouldn't be far from home doing CLL with him and wouldn't need a visa or what not. The convienience factor really is what Id like about going to him but I don't feel safe doing it with him unless I hear more positive feedback about Mahboubian. I don't know, he probably makes his clients sign contracts stating they won't sue him but If he doesn't then maybe I will schedule a consultation afterall!

afonso

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 05:37:23 PM »

Dear LL community,
I hope this reaches everyone well. I first want to thank this forum for a lot of useful info which I used to make my decision. I underwent bilateral femur LL w/ Dr. Mahboubian on 11/6/14! I have been home since 11/8 and boy has it been a struggle. I am very independent with a very busy business schedule and so having to slow down and depend on others along with healing has been difficult. Thanks to my physical therapist the swelling has deceased substantially and I am now able to bend at the knees and life my legs.
I wanted to join this community so that I can share my experiences and also get some feedback on what to expect in the coming weeks and months.

Cheers!

Hi Sire3111,  I'm also a Dr. Mahboubian patient had my surgery on Spetember 18.  Congrats on you surgery and making it through the first month believe me its the hardest.  Actually the 1st 2 weeks is pure torture.  I have a diary on the old forum and will post one here as well. If you have any questions please don't be shy ask away. 

afonso

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 05:53:25 PM »

I heard of a bad consultation with him on old forum . I also heard someone's femurs snapped with him.
I can't say for sure but If these were true then itd be a shame because I wouldn't be far from home doing CLL with him and wouldn't need a visa or what not. The convienience factor really is what Id like about going to him but I don't feel safe doing it with him unless I hear more positive feedback about Mahboubian. I don't know, he probably makes his clients sign contracts stating they won't sue him but If he doesn't then maybe I will schedule a consultation afterall!

I'm currently an LL patient of Doctor Mahboubian had my surgery 9/18 with a goal of 8cm will be done with my lengthening next Monday 12/15.  My experience with him has been positive based on my research and experience he is an excellent surgeon.  He is personable, approachable, and good communicator.  Always had my questions answered quickly.  There is no such document you can sign in the United States that would absolve a doctor of negligence or malpractice.  That said the LL procedure does come with risks there isn't a doctor that can guarantee how your soft tissue will respond.  Furthermore, the patience does have some responsibilities Precice isn't full weight bearing. You will need to exercise caution and use the assistance of a walker or crutches when getting about.     

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 07:31:18 AM »

Alfonso, I understand. Not invalidating that your experience was great, only taking what I heard from the horses mouth. I would like to do CLL with Mahboubian but it's probably going to be years before I could afford it since I live in CA and can go straight home after the hospital discharge and drive from SF bay to see him but I don't think I'll see him just based on what I've heard and its out of my budget. I'm probably going to go to an Indian doctor and maybe I'll be able to afford Franz Birkholtz in 2016 or 17. It's a 50/50 chance I'll be able to go to Birkholtz.

afonso

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »

Alfonso, I understand. Not invalidating that your experience was great, only taking what I heard from the horses mouth. I would like to do CLL with Mahboubian but it's probably going to be years before I could afford it since I live in CA and can go straight home after the hospital discharge and drive from SF bay to see him but I don't think I'll see him just based on what I've heard and its out of my budget. I'm probably going to go to an Indian doctor and maybe I'll be able to afford Franz Birkholtz in 2016 or 17. It's a 50/50 chance I'll be able to go to Birkholtz.

LL in the US isn't cheap and many had good experiences with physicians outside.  Don't know too much about Dr. Birkholtz but if you do your research and due diligence you should be OK.  Outside of the country wasn't an option for me.  Besides the week of the operation I worked and that required being in the US.  In any case my response to you wasn't to convince you on Dr. M just to give you another view. Use it as you see fit.  Good luck on your journey wish you much success. 

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 07:37:10 AM »

LL in the US isn't cheap and many had good experiences with physicians outside.  Don't know too much about Dr. Birkholtz but if you do your research and due diligence you should be OK.  Outside of the country wasn't an option for me.  Besides the week of the operation I worked and that required being in the US.  In any case my response to you wasn't to convince you on Dr. M just to give you another view. Use it as you see fit.  Good luck on your journey wish you much success.

Yes thanks. Hopefully I will be able to afford a doctor like him next year. But for sure I'll be able to go to India next year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up