Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anybody know about future technology to increase height???  (Read 1227 times)

Astronomy

No attempt to try this I'm just curious about such surgeries of new types.I heard Stem cell technology would be the soonest one to be released (Word came that In 20-30yrs It would be).I'm poor at biology.I wonder its result and expense.Is there any almighty expert??? :P

Ghostfish

Re: Does anybody know about future technology to increase height???
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:11:40 AM »

Hi JTU

Do not expect stem cell tech for height lengthening.  It is very unlike to happen at least not in the near future (like 20 yr or more).  However, stem cell therapy for helping bone nonunion or fractures are already very helpful and promising, although it is more likely bone grafting rather than stem cells per se. 

The reason I doubt stem cell tech for height lengthening is that bone needs space to grow.  That is why we need growth plates for growing taller.  Bone is rock-hard so new bone cells from stem cells can't overcount strength of existing bones to get them longer.  Another big potential concern of stem cell tech for lengthening is there will be a high risk of bone cancer.  Lastly, to make bone tall, all surrounding tissues need to get taller or bigger, for which bone stem cells can't do nothing.

So the only solid solution for height lengthening after growth is done is CLL.

Good luck!   

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 04:16:22 AM »

What if there was bone stretching with stem cell replacement? The rate of recovery of a stretch would be much faster.

I hope you think about it, and make it more accessible, I would do it for sure to be 6'4 or 6'5.
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs

StrangeDays67

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 05:03:20 PM »

Why do you visit these forums if you're 185 cm?

Astronomy

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 07:40:18 PM »

Hi JTU

Do not expect stem cell tech for height lengthening.  It is very unlike to happen at least not in the near future (like 20 yr or more).  However, stem cell therapy for helping bone nonunion or fractures are already very helpful and promising, although it is more likely bone grafting rather than stem cells per se. 

The reason I doubt stem cell tech for height lengthening is that bone needs space to grow.  That is why we need growth plates for growing taller.  Bone is rock-hard so new bone cells from stem cells can't overcount strength of existing bones to get them longer.  Another big potential concern of stem cell tech for lengthening is there will be a high risk of bone cancer.  Lastly, to make bone tall, all surrounding tissues need to get taller or bigger, for which bone stem cells can't do nothing.

So the only solid solution for height lengthening after growth is done is CLL.

Good luck!   
I've been recently obsessed with growing at 18 yrs old.I only want a 1-2cm growth.Or I think despite LL I'll be still short :'(

myloginacc

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 08:01:29 PM »

I've been recently obsessed with growing at 18 yrs old.I only want a 1-2cm growth.Or I think despite LL I'll be still short :'(

Hard when you're also against any form of HGH...

Edit: or stretching for that matter.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

GrowTow

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 08:26:59 PM »

How much into the future are we thinking?

I reckon within 25 years you'd be able to go to a black market (assuming gene modding will be illegal) American or Chinese gene modification doctor and make sure your kid doesn't end up being anything less than 6ft.

But if you're curious for yourself, I've not heard of this nor done research but from my knowledge of other medical advancements...

I think maybe within the next 10 years you'll be able to break your leg and then implant a foreign bone like material between the break which will fuse together with your bones and start to grow itself to make you a few inches taller. So after an initial 1-2 weeks in hospital waiting for the 3D printed bone to fuse you'll be able to go about your life normally as the implanted bone grows itself like your real bone would through puberty.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Astronomy

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 03:29:53 AM »

How much into the future are we thinking?

I reckon within 25 years you'd be able to go to a black market (assuming gene modding will be illegal) American or Chinese gene modification doctor and make sure your kid doesn't end up being anything less than 6ft.

But if you're curious for yourself, I've not heard of this nor done research but from my knowledge of other medical advancements...

I think maybe within the next 10 years you'll be able to break your leg and then implant a foreign bone like material between the break which will fuse together with your bones and start to grow itself to make you a few inches taller. So after an initial 1-2 weeks in hospital waiting for the 3D printed bone to fuse you'll be able to go about your life normally as the implanted bone grows itself like your real bone would through puberty.
Yes.Maybe I'd have been out of height issue then
Pages: [1]   Go Up