Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Aimin Peng, China Rehabilitation Hospital, Beijing  (Read 32690 times)

Muse

Dr. Aimin Peng, China Rehabilitation Hospital, Beijing
« on: November 23, 2014, 10:28:09 PM »

Information on Dr. Aimin Peng, located at China Rehabilitation Hospital (Beijing).
Note: Please refer to our disclaimer about the Doctors Directory http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=55.0

Doctor's Profile

Our surgery team is headed by Prof. Aimin Peng and his team, who is very experienced orthopaedic surgeon specialized in leg lengthening cosmetic surgery, who have carried out more than 2,100 cosmetic leg lengthening procedure with great success.

Pricing

The package price 34,000-35,000 USD (according to methods of anesthesia, you can choose epidural or general anesthesia based your requirement ) needs to be paid at the time of admission.  Payment can be done by bank transfer or cash order.  No credit card payment or personal check is accepted at present.  We can send you our bank details for you to set up a bank transfer arrangement with your home banks and you can transfer the fund once you are in Beijing, just before the surgery.

you can decide a time and book your flight and let me know in 2-3 weeks advance, then we can arrange your hospitalization and treatment accordingly, we can also assist with your visa application and arrange your airport pickup (these are all included in the price of the package).   Of course, you can visit our hospital in Beijing first, to see in your own eyes and then decide from there."

Q/A

1) How many patients have you operated for cosmetic Limb Lengthening so far and How many patients do you operate yearly?
Over 21,00 cosmetic limb lengthening for healthy person so far. 80 -100 patients we operate yearly.

2) What is the estimated total cost, including post-op treatments, stay, medications, physiotherapy? Are unscheduled surgeries covered and How much does a consultation cost?
The package cost is 34,000-35,000 USD([price difference because of type of anesthetics you will choose ) as a package cost with 4 month lengthening stage and accommodation free. The extra cost will be charged after free period, 1,000-1,500USD per month per person according room type and service required.

3) What kind of physical therapy is assigned to the patient?
Because of every patient is different after surgery, so physical therapy will be advised according particularly of each patient. Stretching both knees and keep ankle flexible is most important fact.

4) What maximum amount of lengthening do you recommend per segment, regarding patient safety? What is the daily rate of lengthening?
6-8 cm lengthening for cosmetic purpose Dr. Peng always recommends. The rate of lengthening daily is 0.66-0.67mm as average. Some patients are allowed to lengthening fast if the new generation healing is good than average

5)   What are your opinions regarding the weightbearing of the patients?
All the patients here are required to start weight bearing 8-10 days after the first surgery what is very essential and important for irritating the bone growing.

6)   How often will you follow up with patients during lengthening?
X-rays taking once a month as required during lengthening stage.  The patient can check with doctor anytime as long as they require.

7) How fast can patients return to normal life (walking without support)?
2-3moths after internal rods inserted.

Contact
Ronne Wang
leglengthening@aliyun.com
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:48:39 PM by Admin »

Freewill

• "You can do anything you set your mind to man"
Re: Dr. Aimin Peng, China Rehabilitation Hospital, Beijing
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:22:15 PM »

so this hospital is different from Dr Xia and Dr Li hospital?

TomD

• Private
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 06:10:10 PM »

For $35k I would want to go to France or Germany. What exactly does the package entail?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 12:31:55 AM »

Here is Dr. Aimin Peng, the surgeon who did my LL in Beijing.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 12:36:10 AM »

Here is China Rehabilitation Hospital, where Dr. Peng is currently performing LL surgeries.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 12:39:11 AM »

so this hospital is different from Dr Xia and Dr Li hospital?

Yes.  Dr. Peng has his own clinic now.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 10:19:17 PM »

For $35k I would want to go to France or Germany. What exactly does the package entail?

Hospitalization for the whole time you're there, and any complications fixed at no extra charge.

TomD

• Private
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »

Hospitalization for the whole time you're there, and any complications fixed at no extra charge.

Cool. I missed the part when he said 'internals' . Not a bad price if everything is included.

:)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 04:06:32 PM »

It's LON not full internal though. :-\

ReadRothbard

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 06:15:18 PM »

It's LON not full internal though. :-\

It still sounds like an awesome deal, though! I'd love to have a consultation with him when my time comes.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ReadRothbard

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 10:51:20 PM »

Here is Dr. Aimin Peng, the surgeon who did my LL in Beijing.

I was kind of hoping he'd be black.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Arch

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 07:25:47 PM »

What's the different between this contact and http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64.0 ?

Aren't they exact the same?
Please help :)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »

Good question.  The Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology (the one you linked to) is now sending their patients to Dr. Peng at China Rehabilitation Hospital.  I don't know if they've merged or what the exact arrangement is, but either way Dr. Peng is now the surgeon.

mistermystery82

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 04:53:05 AM »

Ronne/Wangbei is a broker. She can be thought of as a club promoter. Her job is to increase interest among potential foreign customers in local service providers. It appears that she is now sourcing new foreign patients to Dr. Aimin Peng instead of Dr. Xia/Ma. I personally disdain her because she often misleads new patients and their expectations. If you decide to go to Dr. Peng, just approach Ronne as you would a used car salesperson: with caution and skepticism.

The following in the first post:

"7) How fast can patients return to normal life (walking without support)?
2-3moths after internal rods inserted."

is misleading. It ranges from 1 (not advised) to 5 months (my case).

Ronne/Wang Bei lied often. There definitely is not a physical therapist involved with this operation at this price point. If interested in this issue, one should ask for pictures of the gym for physical therapy. Ronne's idea of physical therapy is to point your toes to the ceiling, then parallel to the ground and repeat. The gym should have stationary bikes, a treadmill, and weights at the least. A pool would be ideal for walking, but doubtful that this hospital has one.

The "Beijing Institute of External Fixation" is a misnomer. They could change the name to whatever they want as often they want to reference whatever entity they choose. There isn't any real institution, just particular doctors. In this case, the Beijing Institute of External Fixation could refer to Dr. Xia's old Guang Ji hospital (closed in June 2014) or to Dr. Xia himself (rarely around).

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 06:53:31 AM »

Ronne/Wangbei is a broker. She can be thought of as a club promoter. Her job is to increase interest among potential foreign customers in local service providers. It appears that she is now sourcing new foreign patients to Dr. Aimin Peng instead of Dr. Xia/Ma. I personally disdain her because she often misleads new patients and their expectations. If you decide to go to Dr. Peng, just approach Ronne as you would a used car salesperson: with caution and skepticism.

The following in the first post:

"7) How fast can patients return to normal life (walking without support)?
2-3moths after internal rods inserted."

is misleading. It ranges from 1 (not advised) to 5 months (my case).

Ronne/Wang Bei lied often. There definitely is not a physical therapist involved with this operation at this price point. If interested in this issue, one should ask for pictures of the gym for physical therapy. Ronne's idea of physical therapy is to point your toes to the ceiling, then parallel to the ground and repeat. The gym should have stationary bikes, a treadmill, and weights at the least. A pool would be ideal for walking, but doubtful that this hospital has one.

The "Beijing Institute of External Fixation" is a misnomer. They could change the name to whatever they want as often they want to reference whatever entity they choose. There isn't any real institution, just particular doctors. In this case, the Beijing Institute of External Fixation could refer to Dr. Xia's old Guang Ji hospital (closed in June 2014) or to Dr. Xia himself (rarely around).
Good information
How dare these people lie to us for sage of themselves?

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 07:44:03 AM »

2-3 months walking again? Yeah right. The bare minimum is 4 months. The only way it could be that quick is if you lengthen 1".
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »

I don't know, guys.  2-3 months sounds about right to me as a time frame for ditching the crutches.  I wasn't walking at full speed by then, but I did "return to normal life / walking without support" in 3 months after doing 7.5cm.

Thegosis

• Tibias - Beijing Dr Xia - Fixated 27nov13
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 09:34:21 AM »

He's Boss. He did mine too. Along with Dr Zhao who's younger. November 2013 to June 2014. Tibias 8cm with external Ilizarov fixators.
167cm at 27 November 2013 to 175cm in mid-May 2014
Patient of Surgeons Peng and Zhao in Beijing
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=178.0
Possible 183cm, Dr Shah in Mumbai from Feb '15 (PRECICE II femurs)
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1663.0

Thegosis

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »

And I had ditched the crutches and returned to WORK within that time period measured from my release from their care. That's not the same as returning to full agility, which is not what's been said.

Thegosis

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 09:44:25 AM »

Here is correspondence I received from Wang Bei (Ronne) on behalf of Surgeon Peng:

"Dr. Peng has reviewed Xrays and confirmed all the condition is progressinggood on new generation .
you can come back for femur lengthening now if limb function recovered fully.  he would like to removed the bottom screws for bone shapping at the same time of femuring lengthening.
there is no extra correction needed.
the cost for femur lengthening procedure is 29,000USD with 2 surgeries and 40-50days hospital stay since we have moved to a new hospital.
the extra cost you need to afford by yourself are:
1, maid care
2, food
3, extra hospital stay after free-period
how much would like to length on femur?"

yjpbeyond

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 10:56:37 AM »

Here is correspondence I received from Wang Bei (Ronne) on behalf of Surgeon Peng:

"Dr. Peng has reviewed Xrays and confirmed all the condition is progressinggood on new generation .
you can come back for femur lengthening now if limb function recovered fully.  he would like to removed the bottom screws for bone shapping at the same time of femuring lengthening.
there is no extra correction needed.
the cost for femur lengthening procedure is 29,000USD with 2 surgeries and 40-50days hospital stay since we have moved to a new hospital.
the extra cost you need to afford by yourself are:
1, maid care
2, food
3, extra hospital stay after free-period
how much would like to length on femur?"

Hey,Dude

I feel obligated to tell you external femer is nightmare and way too hard for us to sustain, I've seen two petient this year doing this with Dr xia, muscle in femur is too strong ,will lead to any kinds of external fixator distortion, and bone mislign is unavoidable ,and can not be correct to normal level , besides ,because of the frame, you cannot turn your body when you lie in bed in these servral month, that's suffering, so lots of doctor start to think it's immoral to perform femur external lengthening for health person

the pain level is too huge compare to tibia, and fail rate is very high,knee benting is hard to recover when you doing external, i'm not joke or tellling story, just think more when doing decision ,i know both Dr xia and Dr peng, i know all about them ,not that every story they says is ture

Hope you good,dude

Thegosis

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 10:28:49 PM »

I replied that 7-8cm on femur was what I desired, as I already coped with that much on the tibiae, but the reply back is that they only do 4-5cm. The femur, the longest bone in the body, is 20% longer than the tibia in a typical case. So that's an odd one, don't you admit? Must be to do with the method of monorail fixation. 

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2015, 02:43:06 AM »

It might have to do with muscle resistance being too strong for the pins when doing external femurs.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 11:45:10 PM »

I wonder if it would be possible to return to deadlifts, squats, and some strongman activities about 4-6 months after the surgery. What do you think MDOW? I would like to do between 7-8 cm.

Future space tycoon

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 03:45:56 AM »

4-6 months after the 2nd surgery, yes.  But be sure to ask about the weight limit of the nails before you try anything heavy.

Freewill

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 09:35:38 AM »

4-6 months after the 2nd surgery, yes.  But be sure to ask about the weight limit of the nails before you try anything heavy.

By the 2nd surgery , u mean "Insertion of nails" into the bones?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »

1st surgery - legs are broken, nails are put in with screws just on the top, frames are put on
2nd surgery - frames are removed, screws are put through the nails on the bottom
3rd surgery - screws/nails come out

Freewill

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2015, 02:13:05 AM »

thnx for the info bro  :)

heightangel

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2015, 10:17:14 AM »

i don't want to overgeneralise but Chinese people are well known for making second-quality imitations of good products. Cheap but very low quality. Is it the same with LL?

ItsMyLife

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »

i don't want to overgeneralise but Chinese people are well known for making second-quality imitations of good products. Cheap but very low quality. Is it the same with LL?

I totally understand you bro. Which is why I ddint wanna go China. I think it might be over-generalisation, but we Asians typically avoid Chinese products and services (they are usually not of good quality , or imitation).

If I had the money, and want an Asian treatment, I think Korea is good. Singapore has too little experience in LL. For other surgeries , Singapore is good.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »

No, the frames were high quality and Dr. Peng knew what he was doing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up