Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going above 50% inseam to height ratio (my proportions)  (Read 2177 times)

changleng123

• Visitor
Going above 50% inseam to height ratio (my proportions)
« on: April 03, 2019, 03:16:06 AM »

So I've been a lurker on this forum for a while, I've spent countless hours obsessing over my height and proportions and have finally concluded that I'd be happy reaching at least 5'7 despite this not being "tall" (my dad's height), despite the difficulties of LL. My wingspan is also fine for this, 5'9 (176cm) so that is not an issue. My main issue is that I am already long legged at 5'5 and 1/3rd inches (166cm) I have a 32.3 (82cm) inseam (true inseam or crotch to floor). This puts me at a 49% inseam to height ratio which apparently is quite long (even though I never felt long legged or received such comments, it's crazy how this forum opens your eyes to things like that).

My plan is to lengthen 2 inches (5cm) across BOTH tibia and femur which would put me at 5'7 and 1/3rd inches (171 cm). From here if possible I could wear lifts + Nike Air Max to get around 5'9 (176ish cm) but if that looks weird I'd drop the lifts/switch to flats putting me around 5'7.5 inches. Barefoot my ratio would be 51% (5'7) and with shoes + lifts I'd be at 53% (5'9).

Basically I'm concerned if I can even get to 5'7 without looking like a freak with a 51% inseam. I know there are people with this ratio but they are often very tall and I wouldn't be. This has bothered me for a long time because the thought of LL helps me cope with my height. But, if doing LL, even as little as 2 inches, makes me look too weird proportionally, then it feels like I should just work on moving on and trying harder to accept myself.

5'5 (166cm) -> 5'7 (171cm) mockups (left = femur, right = tibia, middle = original height)

http://tinypic.com/r/2ro5apg/9

various heights for reference

http://tinypic.com/r/30m8i6o/9

another femur 5'5 -> 5'7

http://tinypic.com/r/2qmi1sj/9

clothing mockup (normal height 5'5 + shoes and lifts (5'7 (170cm))... to 5'7 + shoes and lifts (5'9 (176cm))

http://tinypic.com/r/rbxvfd/9

Please disregard tibia/femur ratios, I am just concerned about torso to leg ratio.
I really would appreciate all feedback from anyone... proportion nazis, people who don't care, etc...
Please don't just say it looks good just for the sake of it, I only want honest feedback.
If I can get away with 2 inches while wearing shoes + lifts (5'9) then I'd be really happy. If I should just get to 5'7 and not wear the lifts then that's fine too. I really just want to know honestly if I'm stuck at 5'5.3 or not because of my long inseam. If you think I am, I'd like to hear too so I can start accepting my height and forget about LL.

Sorry, I know the mockups aren't the best but I think they give a general idea.
Thank you.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:40:05 AM by changleng123 »

177cmm

Re: Going above 50% inseam to height ratio (my proportions)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 05:29:28 AM »

Looks totally fine

StrangeDays67

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 04:56:23 PM »

It dosen't make you look like a freak, but I personally won't go over the 48% ratio, especially not the 50% ratio. Some people naturally have this, but they have dealt with it their whole lives. I would probably just get over it, I'm a .477 ratio naturally and won't get LL because of it. I was coping with LL since I was 16, but now I just have to accept my height, or hope for other alternatives (torso lengthening...which is hundreds of years away anyways).

kumbaya

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 02:38:31 AM »

hey, would you mind reposting the photos?

Kal el

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 03:18:49 PM »

Hey strangedays67 what is your current height dude.

Sanity

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 04:52:23 PM »

It dosen't make you look like a freak, but I personally won't go over the 48% ratio, especially not the 50% ratio. Some people naturally have this, but they have dealt with it their whole lives. I would probably just get over it, I'm a .477 ratio naturally and won't get LL because of it. I was coping with LL since I was 16, but now I just have to accept my height, or hope for other alternatives (torso lengthening...which is hundreds of years away anyways).
ah the links dont work anymore so i cant judge. But i will totally disagree with you. mere 2 inches of proportion change wont impact your life even slight bit but 2 inches of height will be a significant impact on ur everyday life. Just the way people will treat you will be different with 2 inches of more height. Shorter men are never taken seriously, given less respect and have an extremely poor if not pathetic appeal to the opposite gender. That is just scientific facts.

I am a living example of this, i had long legs to begin with for my height and i still did 4.5cm of lengthening making my tibias look extremely long. But the way people treated me has changed completely. If i was a woman it would probably have no impact but as a male its a completely different thing. Went from 5'8 to 5'10. Before where i would be cut of, now i am allowed to finish my sentence, get more attention, more looks from females, and generally respected more in almost every social situation. If you are below 5'8 and a male and from the younger generations and existing in 2020, believe me you are already way too outlandish for any1 to give a single fck about how many cm ur legs r longer than ur torso. What only matters is if you can see atleast 50% of the male population straight in the eye without bending ur head up. Beyond the point when people actually start considering you a man and not a manlet, you should think about proportions.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)
Pages: [1]   Go Up