Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ankle Joint Cracking and Popping.  (Read 2554 times)

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
Ankle Joint Cracking and Popping.
« on: December 02, 2014, 10:25:24 PM »

Since being post-LL, whenever I flex my left ankle around in the air I hear and feel a lot of cracking and popping. It's not every single time, but the majority of the time. Barring one episode back in August, where my ankle swelled tremendously and was sore for days after walking all day I haven't had much pain in it. The doctors I've seen say my ankle looks okay on x-ray, but I haven't seen one in a while now. Is this a sign of arthritis, or could there be other possibilities?
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Re: Ankle Joint Cracking and Popping.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 11:41:27 PM »

No, that's not how arthritis works. Joints cracking and popping is normal.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 12:19:41 AM »

That happens to me pretty often too.  Not sure what it means, but I'm not especially worried.

endomorphisme

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 12:22:04 AM »

does it hurt when it's craking?Otherwise i don't think you have arthritis

endomorphisme

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 12:30:08 AM »

i'msorry but i'm not sure what xray means, i believe it's "radio" in French.
If it's the case, then maybe you should do a Magnetic resonance imaging, it might not be a bones problem?

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 01:16:40 AM »

No, there is no pain, but this on my problem leg with the toe issues. Seems it got hit with every ailment while the right leg is perfect. I think it's just stretched cartilage trying to find a new groove.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 03:52:39 AM »

Ehh mine does this on a daily basis and no Im not old and fragile lol

Even when I tippy toe to see what I'd look like with a little lengthening, it will crack or pop  ;)

GeTs

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 06:18:40 AM »

Happens every time and I haven't done LL

galaxy1

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 05:11:59 PM »

My case might be a little interesting. I have always had one elbow, my right elbow, that makes a very loud snapping sound. But something I never hear with the left elbow, or it could be that I just use the right arm much more when I prop myself up in bed to get up or move my position when relaxing as that is the only time I ever hear the very loud snapping sound. The sound is loud but there is no pain involved and it happens I would say 90% percent of the time. My mom having one ( I believe it is just one) double jointed elbow, I always just chaulked it up that I may have some slight abnormality with that one specific elbow. I learned that I have one hypermobile thumb, but only one thumb, something I had not even known until an ex one day discovered when playing with my hands. To add to that there is my buckling and weak ankles, but only a problem when I wear heels and never an issue when barefoot or in regular shoes, so it probably is not even a real legitimate abnormality at all. Still, it's something I have always wanted to have examined and x-rayed by an ortho, but mostly for curiosity sake.
Pages: [1]   Go Up