Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you stay paralysed with Limb Lengthening?  (Read 7834 times)

sadboy

Can you stay paralysed with Limb Lengthening?
« on: November 06, 2013, 02:56:58 PM »

I am considering of performing limb lengthening in the near future (maybe a few years) but the issue here is that I heard that many people were unable to walk again after failing of achieving their goal to become taller with this surgery.

How do you stay paralysed? How does it even happen first of all? Can it happen with an internal method?

I am planning on gaining 10 cms with one surgery (hope it's possible)

Sweden

Re: Can you stay paralysed with Limb Lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 04:06:02 PM »

If you do it with a well known surgeon you will most likely achieve your goal without being paralyzed.
There is always a risk with surgeries though.

Doing 10cm is 100% MORE than what is recommended and you can forget about coming back to even 85% than before. You will be permanently restricted in your entire life and look disgustingly cartoon weird too.

173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:26:32 PM »

I haven't heard of anyone becoming paralyzed from the waist down or anything like that but I have heard of people being unable to move their feet or toes afterward. With a surgery this invasive you really can't cross off a severe complication happening 100%. There are other things to watch out for too, like embolism.

Doing 10cm is 100% MORE than what is recommended and you can forget about coming back to even 85% than before. You will be permanently restricted in your entire life and look disgustingly cartoon weird too.

Did you see the pics of the guy on Dr. Salameh's website in the cosmetic lengthening section that did 13cm on his tibias? Holy christ.  :o

http://www.lengthening-sldf.com/index.php?act=open&programid=4
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

sadboy

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »

If you do it with a well known surgeon you will most likely achieve your goal without being paralyzed.
There is always a risk with surgeries though.

I am not a completely short guy and my torso is pretty big, therefore it will not look disproportional I believe. I heard some surgeons do 10 cms. What do you mean by ''You will be permanently restricted in your entire life''?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 07:22:57 PM »

I am not a completely short guy and my torso is pretty big, therefore it will not look disproportional I believe. I heard some surgeons do 10 cms. What do you mean by ''You will be permanently restricted in your entire life''?

I knew a guy in Beijing who had a long neck/torso/arms who did 9cm on tibiae and he turned out all right.  That guy on Dr. Salameh's website who did 13cm on tibiae certainly has long tibiae but doesn't appear to be crippled.

Ask your doctor how much you can lengthen, then lengthen that much.  Chances are he went to medical school and specialized in orthopedics.  Based on his examination of your body and his knowledge of how his device works, he'll know how much is too much for you.

Adriano

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 02:20:29 AM »

Did you see the pics of the guy on Dr. Salameh's website in the cosmetic lengthening section that did 13cm on his tibias? Holy christ.  :o

http://www.lengthening-sldf.com/index.php?act=open&programid=4

He lengtheened 13cm? wow.
 he doesnt look anything like a cartoon! so where r proportion nazis gettng their conclusions from.

he looks okay in clothes and this is how the est of the world 9except for a handful  of ppl) will get to see him.

Whats the big deal proportion police?
In the end if u r short like he is, height will alsoways triumph being proportional.

Like someone said recently " being short is a complete disability that everyone will NOITCE.
 BUT having longer legs is NOT

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 08:11:51 PM »

He lengtheened 13cm? wow.
 he doesnt look anything like a cartoon! so where r proportion nazis gettng their conclusions from.

he looks okay in clothes and this is how the est of the world 9except for a handful  of ppl) will get to see him.

Whats the big deal proportion police?
In the end if u r short like he is, height will alsoways triumph being proportional.

Like someone said recently " being short is a complete disability that everyone will NOITCE.
 BUT having longer legs is NOT

My main concern with lengthening that much would be developing problems later down the line, like chronic arthritis, chronic shin splint pain, etc. Plus it's likely that the guy needed a tendon release to be able to lengthen that much. His leg strength must be decreased permanently.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Sweden

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 08:18:35 PM »

My main concern with lengthening that much would be developing problems later down the line, like chronic arthritis, chronic shin splint pain, etc. Plus it's likely that the guy needed a tendon release to be able to lengthen that much. His leg strength must be decreased permanently.

Exactly, just like doing 10cm on your femurs. You won't look good doing 10.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Adriano

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 01:33:35 AM »

I think femurs are very sensetive when doing LL prportion wise.

if u do more than 5 sm on ur femur YOU all most definetely have to do ur tiabia to balance them.

I think we can now all agree that 7cm on ur tibia is fine. to look okay after doing 10cm on ur tibia will require you to have very short tibia to begin with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up