Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice for a European where to chooose Leg lengthening surgery?  (Read 8423 times)

kieran19801980

• Visitor
Advice for a European where to chooose Leg lengthening surgery?
« on: November 07, 2013, 12:44:35 AM »

Hi,

My name is Kieran and new to the forum. I am 5' 9' 1/2, aged 32 and been considering leg lengthening surgery for a while now. I am athletic with no medical co-morbidity. I would consider having it done within two years. I have been visiting the forums and the websites from many countries ( www.shortsupport.org)  which offer the procedure. I live in the UK.  I was considering 6 '1/ 6 '2 as a height ideal. My budget would be around 25,000 Euros.

It appears to be that price in China. However in  Russia (Volgograd) it's 12,500 Euros. It's too expensive in the US.  I was wondering about people's views were, where they had it done and the cost and their experience? Volgograd appears to be good value for money however it would be important to take into account the care and quality of the hospital and getting feedback from patient's experience in such places. I am prepared to be off work for six months or more and have read about the procedure. I'm in the medical profession myself.

Any replies/suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

Sweden

Re: Advice for a European where to chooose Leg lengthening surgery?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »

That's probably not enough money for going to China. Maybe on the limit.

Don't go to Russia, they use external only and being in frames for 8-9 months is torture.

I think you can achieve 5,5-6cm safe and cheap in India within 6 month.

There are several doctors that do LL in India. It's about to become a very large industry. But be careful and choose doctor wisely. Not everyone offers the full package.
Right now we only know of Dr Sringari and Dr Sarin.

You'll save money this way going to India but you need to be well educated about this procedure going to India.
The physio is the most important when doing LL. You actually don't really NEED a physio guy if you know what you are supposed to do during the days but it's easier having one around.
Being alone and do this by yourself in a rented apartment would be killing yourself slowly, but it can be done.

There is also Dr Salameh in Frankfurt. But the price is just 25.000€ I think and that's just the surgery.

Have you read my diary on old forum ?
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 03:03:57 AM »

I did my LL in China and they did a good job.  Sometimes language can be an issue there as most of the staff doesn't speak English, especially the low-level staff responsible for your everyday care.  But if you have a serious problem and need to talk to someone in English, they'll come if you ask for them.

They have more experience than anyone doing LL because of the huge amount of domestic patients getting it done there.  It's a big clinic with lots of patients, which can be good for combating loneliness/boredom.  Many Chinese patients there speak some English.

I agree with Sweden about not wanting to be in an Ilizarov frame for 8-9 months.  Those things really are torture, not because of the lengthening but because of their size/weight and how they affect your mobility.

kieran19801980

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I would be hesitant about India, based on what's been written here. China seems to be a good option. I have read some of the diaries on here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up