Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352756 times)

Purushrottam

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #961 on: October 16, 2018, 11:08:14 PM »

Thanks man! Yeah it was weird that women of all heights in my life (those that were already shorter than me, those the same height as me, or those that used to be taller or are still taller than me) ALL noticed the height increase. Most of my male buddies didn't unless I passed them from LL. Just goes to show that ALL women, even if they are ok with dating me that are short, at the very least NOTICE a man's height. They may value it at different levels, but they ALL notice.

Yes, Dr. R took my rods out. I don't have the numbers yet as my insurance is still doing the claim as we speak. PM me in a few weeks and I should know (I'd rather not post it on here). The cost without any insurance is $10,000 (not including hospital fees, but those are 90% covered, so not worried about those).

That’s so true. Height is always a positive (to a certain point) for dating, regardless of what people say. That being said, since most people are in the 5’8” to 5’11” range it’s hard to tell the difference.

That’s incredible. The cost even without insurance is a lot lower than what I expected. Still this makes my budgeting way easier and speeds up my rod removal timeline.

I would be extra careful though. I think ProgramDude also had his rods removed with him and his femur snapped. I would take it easy with the stretching. Please keep us updated with your recovery as there are very few post rod removal entries.

Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

YellowSpike

« Reply #962 on: October 17, 2018, 09:11:55 PM »

That’s so true. Height is always a positive (to a certain point) for dating, regardless of what people say. That being said, since most people are in the 5’8” to 5’11” range it’s hard to tell the difference.

That’s incredible. The cost even without insurance is a lot lower than what I expected. Still this makes my budgeting way easier and speeds up my rod removal timeline.

I would be extra careful though. I think ProgramDude also had his rods removed with him and his femur snapped. I would take it easy with the stretching. Please keep us updated with your recovery as there are very few post rod removal entries.

I'll be taking it easy. No heavy DLs or squats for me for a while. I will get x-rays to make sure holes from screws have all filled back up before I let myself go at it again.

But I do wanna get back to doing something for glutes asap. Maybe lightly weighted hip-thrusts at least, since those all put pressure entirely on your glutes (if you're doing it properly). My butt, even after just a few days of relative inactivity (my walking is now fine - just hurts when I have to do stairs because of the stitches), is somewhat flatter! Don't want to have pancake butt again, took me so long to build it back up! Really kinda concerned about this lol...

Penguinn

« Reply #963 on: October 18, 2018, 06:40:08 PM »

Can't wait to see if there's a big difference in athleticism after you have your rods removed. I know for sure that the screws are holding me back physically. I think when I get my nails removed, 3.5 years post op, I will be safe from my femur snapping.

Take it easy dude. I had the pancake butt thing too, I miss my natural cushion, but it isn't worth breaking anything.

totallyred

« Reply #964 on: October 18, 2018, 08:54:22 PM »

Can't wait to see if there's a big difference in athleticism after you have your rods removed. I know for sure that the screws are holding me back physically. I think when I get my nails removed, 3.5 years post op, I will be safe from my femur snapping.

Take it easy dude. I had the pancake butt thing too, I miss my natural cushion, but it isn't worth breaking anything.

Holding you back...please explain how?

Purushrottam

« Reply #965 on: October 18, 2018, 09:59:51 PM »

Penguinn, I did LL exactly a year after you. I am ready for rod removal and was also thinking of going to Parihar. Do you know how much he was charging for rod removal?

Also, why not do the removal now?

Sorry maybe I should ask on your diary but since we are already discussing the topic here I thought it would be useful.

YellowSpike

« Reply #966 on: October 19, 2018, 12:51:46 PM »

I wanted to get rid of the rods last year, but the timing wasn't right, as I had just switched jobs and my surgery date fell right during the time my insurance lapsed. And then, I didn't want to do it in late winter/early spring, as I wanted a peaceful spring/summer. So I pushed it back to this fall. I also had delayed consolidation in my left femur - I didn't get the confirm that my left leg had finally healed completely until about a year ago.

Penguinn

« Reply #967 on: October 19, 2018, 01:00:51 PM »

Holding you back...please explain how?

I can feel the screws causing some tension. It's not an alarming or serious feeling, but it's definitely holding me back. I don't know how else to explain it.
Also the WEIRD, weird thing is that it's always just 1 leg. Either the right leg feels totally fine, or the left feels totally fine and any tension or slight lingering LL effects only affect 1 leg. I don't know if this is the body's way of healing, or life is just weird ;D

Penguinn

« Reply #968 on: October 19, 2018, 01:02:24 PM »

Penguinn, I did LL exactly a year after you. I am ready for rod removal and was also thinking of going to Parihar. Do you know how much he was charging for rod removal?

Also, why not do the removal now?

Sorry maybe I should ask on your diary but since we are already discussing the topic here I thought it would be useful.

I don't have the time. College, internships etc. I know you guys will say "well just make time" but I can't. I'd get my life ruined if I took a month out. It just won't be possible for me until early 2020, and that's that. And anyway, seeing what happened to programdude, I don't mind removing my nails 3.5 years post-op. I hope they don't fuse or sh*t. I'll get an xray soon.

I don't know how much Parihar charges for nail removal yet, sorry.

YellowSpike

« Reply #969 on: October 19, 2018, 01:44:29 PM »

I can feel the screws causing some tension. It's not an alarming or serious feeling, but it's definitely holding me back. I don't know how else to explain it.
Also the WEIRD, weird thing is that it's always just 1 leg. Either the right leg feels totally fine, or the left feels totally fine and any tension or slight lingering LL effects only affect 1 leg. I don't know if this is the body's way of healing, or life is just weird ;D

I had the SAME exact experience. The screw near my left hip was super painful, hence why I had just that screw taken out 2 years ago. So annoying.

And then whenever I traveled via airplane, it was only my right leg that (I'd say, about 7 out of 10 times) had what I refer to as "high altitude air pressure bone pain." Both Dr. G and Dr. R said removing the rod should get rid of that altogether.

I know some people leave the rods in. I was thinking about it. I didn't want to have more/new scars, pay the money, go through another surgery, etc. - but I think in the long run, we should always get the hardware removed. Everyone I know who has done LL has said they felt so much better with the hardware removed (even if we all sort of get used to having them in).

Penguinn

« Reply #970 on: October 19, 2018, 04:57:40 PM »

It isn't "super painful" for me, but if it can relieve that much pain for others, surely it should rid whatever effects of LL linger and make me 99 or 100% post removal.

I am DEFINITELY having them removed. No doubt.
The question is when, that's unfortunately 3.5y post op

YellowSpike

« Reply #971 on: October 22, 2018, 08:20:30 PM »

A bit over a week later, and walking totally normal and pain almost entirely gone. I even dare say that removing the rods/screws got rid of the remaining tiny hip swaying I still had. Not having the rods does feel great (now that the pain has gone down enough so that I can feel the difference). Glad it's behind me.

Purushrottam

« Reply #972 on: October 23, 2018, 05:08:46 AM »

A bit over a week later, and walking totally normal and pain almost entirely gone. I even dare say that removing the rods/screws got rid of the remaining tiny hip swaying I still had. Not having the rods does feel great (now that the pain has gone down enough so that I can feel the difference). Glad it's behind me.

I'm glad to hear that! Did the doctor say anything about how much weight you can bear at the moment Do you still need to send him any X-Rays to confirm if you are fully healed. This must be a great feeling. Literally the complete end of the procedure.

6'2_dream

« Reply #973 on: October 23, 2018, 12:40:49 PM »

Anyway, 7.5 cm IS a big difference and being 1.75 to 1.68 is a whole new world. However, when I become from average to tall after my second LL (when I will end up at about 1.82-2) I am sure that everyone will notice how tall I became. But I dont care, on the other hand I want a drastic change so as to finally feel completely ok with my height.

@Body Builder .. Did you make 7.5cm in femur or Tibia?
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

YellowSpike

« Reply #974 on: October 23, 2018, 01:18:26 PM »

I'm glad to hear that! Did the doctor say anything about how much weight you can bear at the moment Do you still need to send him any X-Rays to confirm if you are fully healed. This must be a great feeling. Literally the complete end of the procedure.

Thanks man. No, he just said I could walk immediately, but that I can't run or do weights for a month post-op. I'll probably wait longer than that (like 2 months) just to be extra safe. I'll go in for new x-rays in a few weeks. Get my stitches taken out this week I believe. In the meantime, for glutes, I'll be doing weighted hip thrusts (if you do them properly, there's very little pressure, almost none, on your thighs - should be almost entirely your glutes doing the work).

I have a bit of shin pain in my right shin, but I think it's due to the "newness" of being rod free and also my walking seems to have returned entirely to how it was before I even had LL. I'm hoping (I don't think it is) it's not premature arthritis and that it's just a fleeting thing as my body finally (hopefully!) returns to normal.

Glad to hopefully be out of the woods finally. I'm somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9" depending on the time of day (I seem to be close to 5'9" right out of bed). I'd of course still love to be taller. But there's no way in hell I'd do tibias, so this will have to do. I'm happy  8)

YellowSpike

« Reply #975 on: August 30, 2019, 03:01:33 PM »

Got my G-Nails back. When you remove them, I guess depending on the doctor/hospital, you can fill out a form to recover the removed hardware (but it can take a very long time to get them back, almost a year for me after removal). I wanted my G-Nails as a souvenir lol and I might even frame them.

I also wanted them back because the G-Nail has a ruler that tells you exactly how much you lengthened. Many have said that ratcheting nails lengthen somewhat more than we think. My click file had me at like 6.8/7cm, but it turns out I got 7.5cm on one leg, and like 7.7cm on the other. So I did get almost exactly 3 inches in the end (which was what I wanted). That was the final tiny bit of "closure" I wanted.

My girlfriend is 5'10.5". I'm a little over 5'8" after surgery. Her ex was 5'5", so she obviously doesn't care about height. But I did/do. I'm not sure how I would have felt dating her at my old height of 5'5.25". She's beautiful and literally stops traffic. Not sure if I'll ever tell her about the surgery. I actually feel like she'd be ok with it, but we'll see. My few friends who know about it never even mention it anymore, and they never really cared. They were supportive. But people talk, and I'd prefer to keep this in my very close circle.

This will probably be my last ever post in this diary. I'm still not tall at all, but I'm taller than most women (but not my gf lol) and don't feel like a midget next to other guys. And when I'm around men much taller than me, I just don't care anymore. And when life throws other sh*t my way, I remind myself that I was able to survive LL.

I know others like Unicorn have had a nightmare of a time with Dr. Guichet. I guess I was lucky, I had a very good result in the end. I had my rods removed by Dr. Rozbruch and am so thankful I did, because I feel soooo much better with them out.

Life is good.  :D

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #976 on: August 30, 2019, 03:42:43 PM »

Got my G-Nails back. When you remove them, I guess depending on the doctor/hospital, you can fill out a form to recover the removed hardware (but it can take a very long time to get them back, almost a year for me after removal). I wanted my G-Nails as a souvenir lol and I might even frame them.

I also wanted them back because the G-Nail has a ruler that tells you exactly how much you lengthened. Many have said that ratcheting nails lengthen somewhat more than we think. My click file had me at like 6.8/7cm, but it turns out I got 7.5cm on one leg, and like 7.7cm on the other. So I did get almost exactly 3 inches in the end (which was what I wanted). That was the final tiny bit of "closure" I wanted.

My girlfriend is 5'10.5". I'm a little over 5'8" after surgery. Her ex was 5'5", so she obviously doesn't care about height. But I did/do. I'm not sure how I would have felt dating her at my old height of 5'5.25". She's beautiful and literally stops traffic. Not sure if I'll ever tell her about the surgery. I actually feel like she'd be ok with it, but we'll see. My few friends who know about it never even mention it anymore, and they never really cared. They were supportive. But people talk, and I'd prefer to keep this in my very close circle.

This will probably be my last ever post in this diary. I'm still not tall at all, but I'm taller than most women (but not my gf lol) and don't feel like a midget next to other guys. And when I'm around men much taller than me, I just don't care anymore. And when life throws other sh*t my way, I remind myself that I was able to survive LL.

I know others like Unicorn have had a nightmare of a time with Dr. Guichet. I guess I was lucky, I had a very good result in the end. I had my rods removed by Dr. Rozbruch and am so thankful I did, because I feel soooo much better with them out.

Life is good.  :D

How do you feel now? Pain? Complication?
Physical strength
Gate
and posibbly complication in the future?

YellowSpike

« Reply #977 on: August 30, 2019, 04:01:37 PM »

How do you feel now? Pain? Complication?
Physical strength
Gate
and posibbly complication in the future?

No issues at all. Zero pain. I can run, deadlift 445 pounds, squat 350 (and get to parallel, even with longer femurs, just takes some adjustments and weightlifting shoes lol)…no complaints at all. As far as the future, who knows, but I take one day at a time.

fodawupa

« Reply #978 on: September 02, 2019, 08:18:26 PM »

very good summary post yellow spike! urs is what a perfect LL outcome would look like.

two pending thoughts in head would remain after full physical recovery = keeping LL secret or not? (because LL is not main stream) and some worry of long term aches (because no long term data on LL) ...

even though i dont believe the 445pound dead lift and 350pound squat claim  ;D whats ur body weight? its hard to believe a 5foot8 guy can lift this much. u must be very very heavy in weight. i never seen any one lift so much in real life.
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

YellowSpike

« Reply #979 on: September 16, 2019, 03:33:15 PM »

very good summary post yellow spike! urs is what a perfect LL outcome would look like.

two pending thoughts in head would remain after full physical recovery = keeping LL secret or not? (because LL is not main stream) and some worry of long term aches (because no long term data on LL) ...

even though i dont believe the 445pound dead lift and 350pound squat claim  ;D whats ur body weight? its hard to believe a 5foot8 guy can lift this much. u must be very very heavy in weight. i never seen any one lift so much in real life.

Haha you don't have to believe my claims at all  ;) I have no reason to lie about anything on here. Before LL and still after LL, I have always been a rather stocky (but lean-stocky, not fat-stocky) guy. I have always had naturally muscular calves, thigh and glute muscles. I may only be 5'8 and some change, but I'm quite strong for my height. And no, I don't do steroids, I'm all natty. I am about 175 lbs, fairly lean (don't have quite have abs, sometimes I do - never cared about them, but my stomach is pretty flat). I reached 445 lb deadlift last year (4 years post LL, rods still in) and 355 squat a few weeks ago (almost 5 years after, rods no longer in). It took me years to figure out how to squat properly, still hitting parallel, with longer femurs. But I did it. Wide stance and powerlifting shoes FTW.

I don't think about long-term complications. If they happen, they happen. I can undo LL now, so I'll just enjoy my height. As far as keeping it a secret, my friends who know sometimes forget I had the surgery. I sometimes forget too. It's just not a big part of my life anymore. My current gf if 5'10.5" and she stops traffic. Her ex was 5'5", she's one of those tall hot girls who obviously doesn't care about height. Maybe I'll tell her someday, I feel like she'd be ok with it. But right now, I'm leaning towards not. I'm extremely cautious with things like that.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #980 on: September 16, 2019, 04:38:54 PM »

2.5 years to consolidate one leg perfect outcome?
Go for it

YellowSpike

« Reply #981 on: September 16, 2019, 05:12:10 PM »

2.5 years to consolidate one leg perfect outcome?

All’s well that ends well. Even if one femur did take longer. I used to be a light smoker, and ratcheting nails aren’t the best for consolation.

But I know DIFM went with Paley (non-ratcheting nail) and I think he too had delayed consolation and at one point was saying he might need a bone graft.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #982 on: September 16, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »

All’s well that ends well. Even if one femur did take longer. I used to be a light smoker, and ratcheting nails aren’t the best for consolation.

But I know DIFM went with Paley and I think he too had delayed consolation and at one point was saying he might need a bone graft.
Did you smoke during lengthening/consolidation phase?

Yes, I know about DIFM case and I'm not blaming anyone here. It's not what I consider perfect outcome, but if you are satisfied with the result, that's what matters in the end. I believe OldieButGoldie had the "perfect outcome".

I just want to know if you can avoid this if you watch callus carefully on xrays. I would prefer stop lengthening (and loosing money) than lengthen the amount I want and have a very delayed union.
Go for it

YellowSpike

« Reply #983 on: September 16, 2019, 05:30:31 PM »

Did you smoke during lengthening/consolidation phase?

Yes, I know about DIFM case and I'm not blaming anyone here. It's not what I consider perfect outcome, but if you are satisfied with the result, that's what matters in the end. I believe OldieButGoldie had the "perfect outcome".

I just want to know if you can avoid this if you watch callus carefully on xrays. I would prefer stop lengthening (and loosing money) than lengthen the amount I want and have a very delayed union.

I am very happy with the outcome and have no pain or complications to speak of.

I didn't smoke during lengthening, but smoked lightly about a year after surgery when I was still consolidating. Bad move on my part obviously. To be clear, the leg had partially consolidated, but not all the way around. I think what saved me was stopping smoking (duh) and also taking Bone Up supplements (in a matter of like 2-3 months, my x-rays showed huge improvement).

Not smoking will certainly help you. Apparently taking the right supplements and weight bearing as soon as you are able to (this stimulates bone growth) will help too. It also helps if you're not Asian, as apparently Asian bones (especially Asian females) aren't very dense and consolidate slower than other races.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #984 on: June 24, 2020, 02:00:09 AM »

Yellow, are you ever going to consider tibias now? I read somewhere that you still have height neurosis?
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

YellowSpike

« Reply #985 on: June 29, 2020, 03:03:14 PM »

Nope, no plans to do tibias. No way I'd subject myself to this ever again. I'm very happy with my height, my appearance and my life. No issues socially or with women at all. Didn't really have issues before LL, but I personally hated my old height. I had some lingering neurosis after the surgery initially, but it totally faded once I got back to just living my life.

Movie

« Reply #986 on: June 29, 2020, 07:15:45 PM »

Hey YellowSpike, when did you remove rods? October 2018? if so how do you feel almost 2 years post? did you ever do any sports that require a lot of sprinting and agility? Soccer, Football) If so are you able to perform those are a similar level to Pre op?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

YellowSpike

« Reply #987 on: July 12, 2020, 10:03:47 PM »

Hey YellowSpike, when did you remove rods? October 2018? if so how do you feel almost 2 years post? did you ever do any sports that require a lot of sprinting and agility? Soccer, Football) If so are you able to perform those are a similar level to Pre op?

Rods removed October 2018, yes. I feel super. To be honest, I don't do a lot of sports that require lots of agility, but I do jog/run with no issues. Also big into bodybuilding and can squat (need power lifting shoes, since I have long femurs now) and deadlift heavy with no problem. I'm actually in the best shape of my life. But I was never a sports star before LL, so that really didn't factor into my decision.

Movie

« Reply #988 on: July 13, 2020, 07:33:53 PM »

That's great bro! thanks for getting back to me ny the way. Wow that's good !! work hard, look good, feel good. 🙌🏼
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

k1erz

« Reply #989 on: July 14, 2020, 02:46:50 AM »

Rods removed October 2018, yes. I feel super. To be honest, I don't do a lot of sports that require lots of agility, but I do jog/run with no issues. Also big into bodybuilding and can squat (need power lifting shoes, since I have long femurs now) and deadlift heavy with no problem. I'm actually in the best shape of my life. But I was never a sports star before LL, so that really didn't factor into my decision.

Do you feel you’ve fully recovered at this stage?

Can you walk for as long as you wish, like you could pre-CLL?

Do you experience any pain?

Is your muscle endurance the same?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Up