Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352748 times)

alps

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2015, 11:56:49 AM »

The pain at this point is only when I have to move my hips (particularly, my right one), and in some PT exercises. Other than that, pain is very manageable. I've only taken pain meds at night the last few days.

The bike does help. Went to bed around 11:30/11:45, woke up around 3. Biked for 10 minutes, then slept til around 6:30. Clicked at 7am, biked 10 more min, slept til almost 9:30. It's annoying to have to do it half asleep, but it seems to work.
You're sleeping ok dude.  :) Chill out. I've had ~2 weeks of 3-4 hours of sleeping during exams. I would feel I could have gone longer after I finished.  8)

Do you wish to keep your current location and surgery location private (London or Milan)? I couldn't tell if you missed my questions or chose to keep it private.

YellowSpike

« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2015, 05:57:53 PM »

You're sleeping ok dude.  :) Chill out. I've had ~2 weeks of 3-4 hours of sleeping during exams. I would feel I could have gone longer after I finished.  8)

Do you wish to keep your current location and surgery location private (London or Milan)? I couldn't tell if you missed my questions or chose to keep it private.

Lol well I dont know if you've had LL yet....but I don't think you can possibly compare getting no sleep during exams to getting no sleep while having to get around and do PT while temporarily crippled :)

I think I said earlier that this is all taking place in London. Just under 3 weeks until I head home!

ItsMyLife

« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2015, 06:37:39 PM »

I cant imagine sleeping 3-4 hours with fractured bones... you will feel very very much worse than getting 3-4 hours as a healthy person:(
I've consistenly slept many hours since my LL... due to drugs like antihistamine and codeine.
past few days, I stopped taking drugs to sleep. I still sleep well... Phew.
Cos I have sleep issues.

YellowSpike

« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2015, 11:22:28 AM »

I cant imagine sleeping 3-4 hours with fractured bones... you will feel very very much worse than getting 3-4 hours as a healthy person:(
I've consistenly slept many hours since my LL... due to drugs like antihistamine and codeine.
past few days, I stopped taking drugs to sleep. I still sleep well... Phew.
Cos I have sleep issues.

I officially hate you :)

My sleep is still not great. Slightly improved, but not good. I don't know how I'm going to survive these next 2.5 weeks...and I've sorta decided that I'll click until around Feb 10/12 (I'm sure we will have slowed it down even more by then), and then whatever cm I gained, I'm done. I really just want to start recovering and sleeping normally again without having to bike 10-15 min at 3am just to wake up 2 hours later....

I think I'm due to hit 5cm this Wed or something...

YellowSpike

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2015, 09:57:02 AM »

Sleep has been a little better the last two nights. I think I'm getting between 5 and 6 hours now. I still wake up with stiffness. Sometimes I can't be bothered to hop on the bike half asleep, so I'll just mimick the cycling motion in bed, and it actually seems to help.

I'm going home in two and a half weeks. I'll click until around feb 12, then I'm done. If we slow down again (I'm sure we will within a week knowing Dr G), it'll be around 6.2-6.4cm, which is fine with me. I'm already starting not to feel that short anymore.

The only pain I really have now is my stupid left flat foot (a little less today) and my right hip when I stand with my feet closed. My knees only feel pain when they're tight (bike helps that). I rarely take any pain meds during the day, only at night to help me sleep.

kakahi

• Visitor
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »

Hey YellowSpike!

Great to hear about your amazing journey with Dr Guichet so far. I wish you the best in the next 2-3 cm of your pursuit of happyness  ;)

By the way, how long did Dr G say you need to be in crutches after youre discharged and how long till you can walk normally? Cause Im kinda thinking about femur procedures as well ???

YellowSpike

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2015, 07:02:30 PM »

Had my first official pool session today. Walking in the shallow end was hard to stay balanced, and painful for my right ankle. My right leg remains my "evil" leg. The pool session seems to have helped the pain on my right hip/glute area, but when I stand up straight with my feet closed together, my right ITB (which has a slight contacture) is very tight. This is my main concern at the moment.

I've noticed that most of the other pains keep changing, so I don't worry about them as much. We will see what Dr G has to say.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2015, 09:45:37 PM »

I wonder why it's hurting you so much. Hope you end up ok, man.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Wazzup

« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2015, 12:15:51 AM »

Just read all your diary in a row and I must say that i will definitely go for Dr G. I can more a less relate to you. At 18 years old I'm 5'5 (1,65) and aim for 6,5cm in femurs! The worst part is that I still have to whait some years until I do this :'(

I'm just curious on 3 things, that would mean the world to me if you could reply:   :D

First of all when it comes to thw money spent you think 55k€ would be enough for the operating, pills and the isokinetic center? (i kinda have relatives there that would help with the acommodation)

Second of all you said you go to a Isokinetic center, but how do you get there? Public transportations? Taxi? Can u axtually walk more a less?

Finally this is me :) http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=beae9b0
3 picture the best?

Good luck and aim for the 6,5cm in femurs! You will look very well and you are only some weeks from the end. How I envue in a good way.  ;) Congratz!!!

YellowSpike

« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2015, 09:27:08 AM »

I wonder why it's hurting you so much. Hope you end up ok, man.

Thanks RRB. It's all part of the process. LL is not fun and not kind to your body. Even if you go with a top tier doctor like Guichet or Paley.

I'm fairly confident this will all resolve in time. I'm done clicking in about 2/2.5 weeks. Should put me between 6.2-6.5cm, factoring in probably slowing down clicks again next week (.8mm a day to .66mm per day)

YellowSpike

« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2015, 09:27:40 AM »

Just read all your diary in a row and I must say that i will definitely go for Dr G. I can more a less relate to you. At 18 years old I'm 5'5 (1,65) and aim for 6,5cm in femurs! The worst part is that I still have to whait some years until I do this :'(

I'm just curious on 3 things, that would mean the world to me if you could reply:   :D

First of all when it comes to thw money spent you think 55k€ would be enough for the operating, pills and the isokinetic center? (i kinda have relatives there that would help with the acommodation)

Second of all you said you go to a Isokinetic center, but how do you get there? Public transportations? Taxi? Can u axtually walk more a less?

Finally this is me :) http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=beae9b0
3 picture the best?

Good luck and aim for the 6,5cm in femurs! You will look very well and you are only some weeks from the end. How I envue in a good way.  ;) Congratz!!!

Will get back to you!

alps

« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2015, 12:15:42 PM »

Will get back to you!
please get back to him here :) (not PM)

YellowSpike

« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2015, 01:06:04 PM »

As of my Monday afternoon X-rays, I am 5cm taller!! I'm so happy to be 5 days ahead of my click schedule (Guichets click file didn't have me hitting 5cm until Friday). I guess all the hospital and accidental clicks pushed me ahead.

.5 inches/1.5 mutha f'in cm to go!!!! Thank the Lord because my body is fighting me and I am so tired...I can see the mountain top....

Blackhawk

« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2015, 01:25:48 PM »

As of my Monday afternoon X-rays, I am 5cm taller!! I'm so happy to be 5 days ahead of my click schedule (Guichets click file didn't have me hitting 5cm until Friday). I guess all the hospital and accidental clicks pushed me ahead.

.5 inches/1.5 mutha f'in cm to go!!!! Thank the Lord because my body is fighting me and I am so tired...I can see the mountain top....

Almost done!!  Must be a great feeling!

YellowSpike

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2015, 03:37:26 PM »

Almost done!!  Must be a great feeling!

I needed this good news so badly because today was so hard for me. I'm so exhausted from the lack of sleep and PT, being alone in a foreign country etc...so to know the days are numbered (and that I may not have to click at home!) is amazing. And I know Guichet is gonna slow clicks again probably next week, so that extra 5 day buffer is majorly welcome!

Dave

• Visitor
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2015, 04:32:11 PM »

Hey Yellowspike,

congratulations to the 5 cm! I'm also planning a lengthening with Dr Guichet, but the costs are very important for me. I've heard, that the prices are higher now :( Could you tell me/us your costs pls? Thank you very much!

YellowSpike

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2015, 01:22:06 PM »

I was asked not to reveal the exact costs, but I will say that if you are forced to do pre-training (like I was, since I "failed" the first Cybex test), with costs of living in Milan or London, you're looking at between 75-80ishK (USD). Cheaper without pre-training, but I needed the guidance and wanted not to take months of waiting while training at home. I got screwed with the higher cost of living in London, so I'm at the higher end of that range. Luckily I've still been getting pay checks and my insurance should reimburse many of the X-ray/tests/PT, etc when I get home and file the claims. And my dad is going to throw some cash he said. So my net costs are fairly decent for a top tier doctor.'

I'm running on empty. Tired of waking up almost every hour during the night. Not sure how I made it to the gym today, and I hope I don't drown in the pool at the isokinetic center.

Dave

• Visitor
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2015, 05:16:41 PM »

Thank you very much! Does Dr Guichet have any email address? I've found one on his webpage and i've wrote to him a few weeks ago, but no answer...:/ can you give me a personal email address maybe or something?

ReadRothbard

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2015, 05:40:06 PM »

I was asked not to reveal the exact costs, but I will say that if you are forced to do pre-training (like I was, since I "failed" the first Cybex test), with costs of living in Milan or London, you're looking at between 75-80ishK (USD). Cheaper without pre-training, but I needed the guidance and wanted not to take months of waiting while training at home. I got screwed with the higher cost of living in London, so I'm at the higher end of that range. Luckily I've still been getting pay checks and my insurance should reimburse many of the X-ray/tests/PT, etc when I get home and file the claims. And my dad is going to throw some cash he said. So my net costs are fairly decent for a top tier doctor.'

I'm running on empty. Tired of waking up almost every hour during the night. Not sure how I made it to the gym today, and I hope I don't drown in the pool at the isokinetic center.

I doubt I'll have to do any pretrainning, fortunately.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2015, 05:46:33 PM »

Does anyone on here know how accurate radiologist estimates of lengthening are?

I just had a checkup with the head isokinetic doctor...he gave my flexibility glowing reviews. Then handed me a paper from the radiologist that said the segments between the femoral segments are 5.9cm and 6cm, respectively. Could I REALLY be a full cm ahead of clicking schedule? Aside from a huge number of accidental clicks early on (I had like 1 per day in the first 2 weeks), is this possible? Somehow I don't believe this, as happy as I'd be to be just .5cm from my goal.

I asked the isokinetic doctor, and he believes radiologist estimates are generally accurate.

Uppland

« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2015, 07:24:12 PM »

Since your flexibility is so good and you're ahead of schedule, are you thinking of doin an extra centimeter?

YellowSpike

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2015, 07:36:54 PM »

Since your flexibility is so good and you're ahead of schedule, are you thinking of doin an extra centimeter?

I'm very confused right now. Dr G just told me that those radiologist estimates aren't accurate and that I'm around 5cm. I'm inclined to believe Dr G.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I really didn't wanna have to click at home.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2015, 08:58:13 PM »

My radiologist never told me how much length was gained, he'd just send the x-rays straight to Drs Parihar and Ahuja and one of them would tell me how much length was showing on the x-rays. I think your surgeon would be more accurate in determining the real distraction amount. If you're planning for 6 cm, you may want to click a few mm above that though to account for slight margin of error in the measurement.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2015, 06:00:33 AM »

I'm very confused right now. Dr G just told me that those radiologist estimates aren't accurate and that I'm around 5cm. I'm inclined to believe Dr G.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I really didn't wanna have to click at home.
My suggestion ,you must live there untill finish consolidation phase,Just wait longer and throw your loneliness off,Be patient ,everything will be alright.Play safe.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2015, 06:56:34 AM »

I doubt I'll have to do any pretrainning, fortunately.

why do u say so?

YellowSpike

« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2015, 02:25:18 PM »

What is the most accurate way to measure your gain as you lengthen? They measured me today but I think it's less than what I thought because, even though I was up against a wall, I'm not sure I was totally straight due to duck ass.

I just want to f#%*king know where I'm at. I hope I can get as close to 6.5cm as possible, but I'll settle for a bit less (I.e. 6.2). Maybe I'm just obsessing too much, but for all this work and misery...

ReadRothbard

« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2015, 02:31:09 PM »

You're almost there, man. Don't settle for anything less than your goal; after all, you spent a LOT of money in this surgery.

Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2015, 02:53:56 PM »

You're almost there, man. Don't settle for anything less than your goal; after all, you spent a LOT of money in this surgery.

Yea but I gotta get back to work in early March. I don't have much time left.

I'm starting to really regret this because it seems my dream height just isn't going to come true. And if I can't have that, this was all a waste. They measured me standing up against a wall today, and it was bad. I don't even want to say.

I'm just very upset and frustrated right now. I'll never understand, ever, how 5'8" and up guys want this surgery. But whatever.

MAN-OF-STEEL

• It's not an S
« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2015, 03:03:53 PM »

Hang in there my friend
Have you asked about anesthetic clicking?

YellowSpike

« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »

Hang in there my friend
Have you asked about anesthetic clicking?

Thank you.

It's not the pain. It's just that I don't think my goal is going to happen and that's why I'm very upset right now. Maybe my starting height was a bit less? Maybe I wasn't totally straight today (even though I tried to be against the wall)? Maybe I need to just somehow finish this and not measure myself (or let myself be measured) ever again.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:40:13 PM by YellowSpike391 »

Uppland

« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2015, 03:42:54 PM »

Thank you.

It's not the pain. It's just that I don't think my goal is going to happen and that's why I'm very upset right now. Maybe my starting height was a bit less? Maybe I wasn't totally straight today (even though I tried to be against the wall)? Maybe I need to just somehow finish this and not measure myself ever again.

172CM, 173CM -what's the difference? I'm sure you can make 6,5CM, how much do you have left 2-3CM? Even if you slow down to 0.66mm per day that's just a month and a half. You can make it, I'm sure you can.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32   Go Up