Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352880 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2015, 01:41:23 PM »

Ah. Any idea if this is any good for tibia lengtheners?

Good question. I don't think so, because I feel like I"m making more effort in my quads/hamstrings when I pedal to higher resistance. I do notice today that after biking for close to an hour yesterday, for the first time in a while, my left leg actually feels semi decent. The intense nerve pain seems to have been soothed by this. I also noticed this happening after walking for a while.

YellowSpike

« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2015, 04:27:28 AM »

Ugh...this horrible pain in my left leg's upper quad area (with certain movements) is killing me. I think it's soft tissue related, certainly feels like it. My right quad has similar pain, but not nearly as bad as my left. Funny how my right leg was my "evil" leg throughout 90% of the process, and then my legs just switched places around 2 weeks ago. It's all good...I'm not clicking anymore past the ~7cm I did...so I'll start to heal eventually.

I need to do something about this duckass too. I feel like it's robbing me of a bit of height. Too bad the stretches I know to fix it cause me pain. I'll just rely on walking a lot for now, and then stretch more intensely as the overall pain level (while not excruciating by any means) goes down.

YellowSpike

« Reply #312 on: March 09, 2015, 04:57:38 PM »

Sorry if I'm being daft, but how do I post pictures on here? I want to post pics of my duckass and see if people think it's robbing me of a bit of height (I think it is). I've never posted pis on here before, and I'm sure I'm going to feel like an idiot once someone explains it to me. Honest to God, I tried to do it on my own before asking lol

Dr. G saw the pics I want to post, and he said that I am most likely loosing a bit of height due to my current level of duckass.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:45:04 PM by YellowSpike »

YellowSpike

« Reply #313 on: March 09, 2015, 07:02:49 PM »

And here they are. Figured it out (raises the roof)  8)

Sorry for the sub-par quality. Have to maintain my privacy, and my only two mirrors aren't situated where I can get a close-up full body pic. In both pics, I'm standing as straight as I can.

Uppland

« Reply #314 on: March 09, 2015, 08:59:47 PM »

Yeah you probably lose a CM from that posture.

YellowSpike

« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2015, 09:15:17 PM »

Yeah you probably lose a CM from that posture.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. When I took x-rays last week, I could actually very much feel that my lower back wasn't even touching the table when I attempted to lie flat. I have a memory foam mattress, so I sleep comfortably and don't notice how bad this is until I'm on a flat surface. Assuming that my duckass is hiding even at least .5cm, it makes me feel better at stopping around 6.9/7cm. Though since it's apparently a bit less than 15 clicks per mm, many patients have gained more height when Dr. G goes to retrieve the nails, and I'm wondering if I actually got a bit more than 7cm in the end. My femurs certainly look long as friggin hell (though my overall proportions are fine) when I sit off the edge of a couch or sit while taking a bath/shower, lol

Taller

« Reply #316 on: March 09, 2015, 09:40:15 PM »

My femurs certainly look long as friggin hell (though my overall proportions are fine) when I sit off the edge of a couch or sit while taking a bath/shower, lol

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. Could you post a picture of your legs and torso, but without your head in the frame? Or have someone take a picture of you and crop or blur your head out? I would be very interested to see what your femurs now look like relative to your torso and tibiae.

YellowSpike

« Reply #317 on: March 09, 2015, 09:47:54 PM »

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. Could you post a picture of your legs and torso, but without your head in the frame? Or have someone take a picture of you and crop or blur your head out? I would be very interested to see what your femurs now look like relative to your torso and tibiae.

Yeah I will at some point. I could've taken the picture myself, but I recently had to have my bedroom rearranged due to some issues. Once I rearrange it back, I'll have full access to a full-length mirror.

Based on what you know of duckass, do you believe my current posture is hiding some height? I feel like it is, and Dr. G seems to think so too. Obviously not a huge amount, but maybe up to 1cm I'm thinking.

alps

« Reply #318 on: March 09, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »

Yeah I will at some point. I could've taken the picture myself, but I recently had to have my bedroom rearranged due to some issues. Once I rearrange it back, I'll have full access to a full-length mirror.

Based on what you know of duckass, do you believe my current posture is hiding some height? I feel like it is, and Dr. G seems to think so too. Obviously not a huge amount, but maybe up to 1cm I'm thinking.

Yea, you'll clearly gain a cm or so I think.

YellowSpike

« Reply #319 on: March 09, 2015, 10:15:25 PM »

Yea, you'll clearly gain a cm or so I think.

I sure hope so, even .5cm would make me very happy!

Too bad most of the stretches/exercises to actively fix duckass (aside from just walking) are kinda hard for me to do at the moment. I'll just focus on walking and cycling and some other easy stretches.

Taller

« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2015, 10:18:53 PM »

With that amount of back bending, I'd say you'll gain another 1-2CM based on what Apotheosis claims to have gained after he corrected his duck ass from lengthening 10CM on the femurs.

YellowSpike

« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2015, 10:23:00 PM »

With that amount of back bending, I'd say you'll gain another 1-2CM based on what Apotheosis claims to have gained after he corrected his duck ass from lengthening 10CM on the femurs.

2cm sounds like a lot (almost an inch! Way too good to be true). I think .5-1cm is more like it. Funny thing is, the doctor at the isokinetic center (the day before I left to come home) said my duckass had improved a bit. It must've been damn terrible! I keep getting measured (in the evening) right around 5'8" (with pretty bad duckass as you can see)...so this makes me feel more confident that I definitely got my goal.

KrP1

« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2015, 10:25:56 PM »

i think that you could gain about 1cm.

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2015, 10:30:40 PM »

Does duckass cause you lower back pain?
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

KrP1

« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2015, 10:32:56 PM »

thats for sure.

YellowSpike

« Reply #325 on: March 09, 2015, 10:34:02 PM »

I think it's starting to take it's toll on my upper back, actually. I notice when using my crutches, I feel a bit of pain in my upper mid back as I push off with my triceps/shoulders/upper back. But it seems to come and go. But my lower back doesn't have any pain from this.

Uppland

« Reply #326 on: March 09, 2015, 10:49:07 PM »

Yellowspike, I think you should wait a while before you post pictures of how you look and videos of how you move. That duck posture doesn't give a clear view of your proportions anyway and we all know it's tough running and such so soon after lengthening.

Take your time and when you feel you've recovered decently, well, then post some videos like SHyshy did and upload a few pictures that show how proportionate you look. Just wear a mask or something to protect your identity, not that anyone here will bother to find out about you but it can still be uncomfortable to have your face on the internet.

YellowSpike

« Reply #327 on: March 09, 2015, 10:56:54 PM »

Yellowspike, I think you should wait a while before you post pictures of how you look and videos of how you move. That duck posture doesn't give a clear view of your proportions anyway and we all know it's tough running and such so soon after lengthening.

Take your time and when you feel you've recovered decently, well, then post some videos like SHyshy did and upload a few pictures that show how proportionate you look. Just wear a mask or something to protect your identity, not that anyone here will bother to find out about you but it can still be uncomfortable to have your face on the internet.

Well, I'm not concerned at all about my proportions, I think they look great. I just posted these pics now because I was curious to see what you guys thought about how much height my duckass may have been hiding. The general consensus seems to be about 1cm, which is what I was thinking.

But I have no problem post a frontal pic of me (cutting my head off) just to show legs/torso and tibia/femur proportions (duckass won't affect that).

I'm taking the longer path to "ShyShy" land lol. He was already walking without crutches at this point. Dr. G said I could walk around my apartment without crutches, but I'm choosing to wait a bit longer. I want to reduce any health risks and risk of compression loss (even though it's only like up to 2mm that we MIGHT lose) as much as possible. So maybe I try my first few steps this weekend (2 weeks after my last x-rays where Dr. G said I could walk around my house without crutches).

I'd love to eventually be like ShyShy in a few months, though he did lengthen a bit more than I did (he got 7.5cm). ShyShy was my personal LL idol and inspiration.

endomorphisme

« Reply #328 on: March 09, 2015, 11:54:34 PM »

by fixing your duckass, you will gain a good centimeter, maybe 1.5, but atleast 1

YellowSpike

« Reply #329 on: March 10, 2015, 12:09:52 AM »

by fixing your duckass, you will gain a good centimeter, maybe 1.5, but atleast 1

Sounds good to me, I hope I get at least 1cm, even .5cm will make me quite happy. Dr. G said that we sometimes lose up to 2mm due to compression (but not everyone does, and since it's a bit less than 15 clicks per 1mm, I have some "extra" to compensate anyway), so knowing that I still have some height hidden in my duckass makes care a lot less (I know it's not noticeable, but I worked too hard to lose anything, lol).

YellowSpike

« Reply #330 on: March 10, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »

I stopped clicking at somewhere between 6.85cm/6.9cm per the click file (though I think it's 6.9cm because I had a few clicks in the hospital during days 1 and 2). I was flirting with the idea of doing another 1mm. Yes...I am aware it's not visible and makes no absolutely no difference. I'm aware I'm being overly anal and unreasonable. I had to take a break this last (almost) week and a half because my soft tissue was really begging me to stop. I had a lot of pain at the end. So, at the time, I decided to respect my body.

I was thinking that doing another 1mm wouldn't affect my recovery time too much, but Dr. G told me today that I shouldn't click anymore because it could cause a fracture at this point. I'm getting x-rays taken this weekend (which will be 2 weeks from my last x-rays and when I stopped clicking) to know for sure. But I have to admit that I was a bit saddened to hear this. Maybe it's just because I'm at the point where I'm no longer in control? My height bothered me for so long, and I guess having temporary control over it made me feel better about myself (as does the new height, which is obvious to all I've seen so far).  I also have felt the pain go down these last few days, which kinda re-invigorated me to push for a bit more.

No one has to tell me that the 1mm I'm stressed over is totally ridiculous. I'm fully aware of this. And curing my duckass would probably more than make up for it (not to mention the fact that Dr. G said most patients get more than they click, since it's a bit less than 15 clicks per 1mm), and I've already been measured at over 5'8" in the evening (with duckass) several times. I just wish I wasn't such a damn super-anal competitive perfectionist  >:(

I'll chalk it up to my fear of going back to have a "fixed height" soon. And the fact that my final height, while very good and a huge improvement (and my goal from day 1), is still somewhat borderline. Not sure if anyone else on here has experienced this towards the end.

kare69

• Visitor
« Reply #331 on: March 11, 2015, 01:55:04 AM »

What did Dr G say would fracture? Your entire femur bone?  Has this happened to anyone before?

YellowSpike

« Reply #332 on: March 11, 2015, 12:11:06 PM »

What did Dr G say would fracture? Your entire femur bone?  Has this happened to anyone before?

He said it could possibly fracture the new callus of between the femur bone segments (the new bone that's grown the length you've distracted). I was surprised to hear that he thinks this is already the case, as I thought it would be weeks until I was at risk for something like that. I thought full fusion of the bone bridge had to take place. So I'm gonna see what my new x-rays look like, hope to get them at some point this weekend.

The main reason I stopped clicking was because my left leg was in a ton of pain as I clicked. It was weird. The clicks themselves never hurt, but turning my leg into position hurt like hell. When I was sitting in the shower last night, I turned my left leg a bit as if to mimic the clicking motion (but had no intention of clicking), and the pain came back. So maybe my soft tissue is just done with it all.

YellowSpike

« Reply #333 on: March 11, 2015, 06:07:22 PM »

For those who did LL with a ratcheting device, did anyone ever experience bad pain as they did the click movements (but not from the click itself)? I don't really have that bad pain now per se, but when I mimic the clicking motion with my left leg (previously the leg that was super easy to click), there's a lot of pain from my lower quad (back of my leg) down to my ankle. I'm wondering if this is my soft tissues' way of saying "I'm done now, b*tch." My left calf is also partially numb (I know this will take a while to go away), whereas my right leg is not. I won't click until Dr. G gives me the go ahead, and I only want to throw in a few more for good measure. I may be stupidly anal, but I won't put my health on the line.

I'm also wondering how much I'd be set back from (slowly) doing another mm or so. I was told right after my x-rays a week and a half ago that I could walk around my house without crutches, but I decided to wait a bit. Would be nice to be walking (funnily) in around 3 weeks or so.

Joel

« Reply #334 on: March 11, 2015, 11:41:28 PM »

For those who did LL with a ratcheting device, did anyone ever experience bad pain as they did the click movements (but not from the click itself)? I don't really have that bad pain now per se, but when I mimic the clicking motion with my left leg (previously the leg that was super easy to click), there's a lot of pain from my lower quad (back of my leg) down to my ankle. I'm wondering if this is my soft tissues' way of saying "I'm done now, b*tch." My left calf is also partially numb (I know this will take a while to go away), whereas my right leg is not. I won't click until Dr. G gives me the go ahead, and I only want to throw in a few more for good measure. I may be stupidly anal, but I won't put my health on the line.

I'm also wondering how much I'd be set back from (slowly) doing another mm or so. I was told right after my x-rays a week and a half ago that I could walk around my house without crutches, but I decided to wait a bit. Would be nice to be walking (funnily) in around 3 weeks or so.
I think the pain is so traumatic and your body is not used to the  new length of your bone it's like when people have no legs and they feel pain.  I think it's related to phantom limb pain you need to get a Ferrari and find an Italian girlfriend stat!
5'5 manlet of peace

YellowSpike

« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2015, 01:16:55 AM »

I think the pain is so traumatic and your body is not used to the  new length of your bone it's like when people have no legs and they feel pain.  I think it's related to phantom limb pain you need to get a Ferrari and find an Italian girlfriend stat!

Haha! The funny thing is I tend to always go for girls with blonde hair and blue eyes (they're my kryptonite among women). My family says I need a nice Italian girl. I'm starting to think they're right.

If it wasn't for the pain in my left leg as I clicked, I may have done a bit more. But I promise all of you, this isn't me p*ssying out...this pain was REALLY bad. I can't really describe but like an intense shooting nerve pain down your leg, that even lingers for a while after you've done the click movement. My right leg starting having problems, but I was able to find a new method to click that one. But the left leg seems to have pain no matter what. And it makes sense, because it's only my left shin that has partial numbness. Maybe my left leg's soft tissue has just reached it's limit? I don't know.

It's all good though. With the extra height that the Gnail seems to give most patients (it's a bit less than 15 clicks per 1mm) and with the duckass correction, I should be fine and pretty much where I wanted to be regardless of throwing in extra clicks or not. I'm just a perfectionist...but I guess this is something different where we can only "play God" so much with our bodies. I just can't see myself every doing this again, pain/money/time/and proportion-wise.

kare69

• Visitor
« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2015, 01:39:12 AM »

Interesting. Does the doctor tell you when you feel immense pain you should stop? Is that how you know you've reached your limit? BecAuse I figure the entire clicking process is a bit painful itself. How can you distinguish between the two pains?

Also I too am interested in lengthening 7cm to 7.5 cm, proportion wise what are the limits the doctor tells you can go so as to not look like a freak?

Fyi I'm presently 171cm  hoping to do lengthening in my femur alone of 7.5cm to be 178.

YellowSpike

« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2015, 01:46:02 AM »

Interesting. Does the doctor tell you when you feel immense pain you should stop? Is that how you know you've reached your limit? BecAuse I figure the entire clicking process is a bit painful itself. How can you distinguish between the two pains?

Also I too am interested in lengthening 7cm to 7.5 cm, proportion wise what are the limits the doctor tells you can go so as to not look like a freak?

Fyi I'm presently 171cm  hoping to do lengthening in my femur alone of 7.5cm to be 178.

I believe he will only tell you to stop clicking when your flexibility drops below a certain level. But I have to talk to him about this pain. It's potentially the worst pain I've had throughout this experience. I think I maybe lengthened more than I realized (I may be over 7cm), because my soft tissue is really rebelling at this point.

Proportions are all individual. At your consultation he will tell you about that (he'll measure your sitting height and femur/tibia ratio and such). Actually, maybe it's good that I stop now....not sure if it's because I've lost considerable muscle mass, but my femurs look so long!

kare69

• Visitor
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2015, 02:00:41 AM »

YellowSpike

Do you think you would have had this problem if you used PRECISE II? Think it was the mechanics? Have you heard of others who were lengthening with you having this problem?

Most importantly does the dr say with time a problem like this will get better?

Has he seen it before?

YellowSpike

« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2015, 02:12:18 AM »

YellowSpike

Do you think you would have had this problem if you used PRECISE II? Think it was the mechanics? Have you heard of others who were lengthening with you having this problem?

Most importantly does the dr say with time a problem like this will get better?

Has he seen it before?

I think the pain would have been a little better with Precice, but I know several people who had bad pain with Precice after around 5cm. As you lengthen more, you push your soft tissue more. But the Gnail is a little tougher in this respect (maybe also because you get a bit more height than what you click, that may have something to do with it too). I know a guy who did Precice, and stopped at 5cm because his soft tissue just wouldn't allow for anymore.

And yes, he's confident it will get better, as am I. I'm just somewhat annoyed that it forced me to stop a tad early, even though I probably did get my goal. I'm just very paranoid given all that I've invested to this point.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2015, 05:53:58 PM »

I don't think a 1mm will do ANY difference. Weighing the pros vs cons, I would not do that. Even if I have an NBA career, and will reach 6' at the end.

Six feet and six feet minus 1 mm is nothing. The same goes for 5'8 and 5'8 minus 1mm. I am cleared by my Dr to go for six feet but I think I will wanna stop a few mm shy of it. This process is just too long.

EVEN IF dr guichet says you wont fracture, X-rays are known not to be the most accurate things in the world (depends on contrast, exposure time, angulation, etc)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32   Go Up