Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352812 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #558 on: April 30, 2015, 06:08:15 PM »

hey yellow i think that your proportions look fine right now , one inch more is pushing it but maybe you could do it if you accept to have very long femurs.
I think that you could go to a cheaper doctor to do the nail removal and you could earn money .

Yeah I think another inch is pushing it...I have to think about it. It's just sooo much easier and faster than doing tibias. Plus, when I think about it, some people who are really short have done like 10cm with Guichet or Betz...I would have done around 9cm in total...yeah my femurs would look long, but I don't think ridiculously so (where they're perfectly fine right now).

programdude

« Reply #559 on: April 30, 2015, 09:40:39 PM »

Pretty sure people in US can get the nails out using insurance through Dr. R in NY.

I'm confused, are you considering more ll? Your proportions could certainly handle it fine.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

YellowSpike

« Reply #560 on: April 30, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »

Pretty sure people in US can get the nails out using insurance through Dr. R in NY.

I'm confused, are you considering more ll? Your proportions could certainly handle it fine.

Yeah I'm strongly considering Dr. Rozbruch for that. I think my insurance would cover it, hopefully. Have to ask him. He once told me it likely would.

Yes - I'm thinking of re-breaking my femurs in about a year/year and a half to lengthen one more inch to 5'9". I had to stop at 7cm because Dr. G told me to. The pain got really terrible, unbearable almost, and my left leg wasn't healing that great at the time.

I'd prefer to do tibias in a perfect world for better proportions, but they just take way too long, and I don't want to do another full-blown LL (at least the femur rods are already inside, so I'd imagine it'd be a less invasive surgery). I don't think one more inch on my femurs would make me look that weird, especially once I fill out more (My legs are actually THIN for me right now lol)

Uppland

« Reply #561 on: April 30, 2015, 10:35:06 PM »

Based on those pictures you don't seem disproportional at all. If that's what it looks like IRL then you could lengthen another 5CM and still look good.

YellowSpike

« Reply #562 on: April 30, 2015, 10:39:52 PM »

Based on those pictures you don't seem disproportional at all. If that's what it looks like IRL then you could lengthen another 5CM and still look good.

Appreciate it bud. Nah, I think another inch is the absolute max before they'd look too long...plus, the Gnails inside my femurs probably only have like 2.5-2.7cm or so left on em (even though I did 7cm, it may have distracted up to like 7.3ish cm I'm led to believe). If anything, I'd just do a solid inch and call it a day. Should be a faster recovery too.

Tibias just take too damn long. Plus, I broke my left ankle twice in my life, and tibias just seem more risky to me...and external frames (to avoid knee pain) really turn me off...

sadboy

« Reply #563 on: April 30, 2015, 11:02:19 PM »

Wow, your proportions look great! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Uppland

« Reply #564 on: April 30, 2015, 11:26:23 PM »

Well perhaps, the picture is taken at an angle but that's almost what my legs look like.

YellowSpike

« Reply #565 on: April 30, 2015, 11:37:08 PM »

Well perhaps, the picture is taken at an angle but that's almost what my legs look like.

LL has actually improved my proportions as far as legs to torso. When I wear a button down shirt and don't tuck it in, I look fantastic whereas previously, I'd be swimming in it. Even when I tuck my shirt in, I look fine.

My only slight concern is taking the easy road and doing another inch on my femurs might kinda screw up my femur/tibia ratio...but I have thick/muscular legs, so it should somewhat mask that. Plus, that's only visible when you're nked with a chick. So I feel like the relatively easy extra inch from just re-breaking the femurs and using the nails already inside for another inch could be worth it.

Tibias are a whole different beast that I'm not sure I want to mess with...if they didn't take as long, I'd consider them. But even an inch takes like 5 months, which is bs. And internal tibias are crazy expensive...not to mention the knee pain risk.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #566 on: May 01, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »

LL has actually improved my proportions as far as legs to torso. When I wear a button down shirt and don't tuck it in, I look fantastic whereas previously, I'd be swimming in it. Even when I tuck my shirt in, I look fine.

My only slight concern is taking the easy road and doing another inch on my femurs might kinda screw up my femur/tibia ratio...but I have thick/muscular legs, so it should somewhat mask that. Plus, that's only visible when you're nked with a chick. So I feel like the relatively easy extra inch from just re-breaking the femurs and using the nails already inside for another inch could be worth it.

Tibias are a whole different beast that I'm not sure I want to mess with...if they didn't take as long, I'd consider them. But even an inch takes like 5 months, which is bs. And internal tibias are crazy expensive...not to mention the knee pain risk.
It's not worth it, man. Enjoy your new height! Stop getting caught up in this numbers game. Don't forget that time is a limited resource as well! Don't waste it being handicap for half a year just because of some numbers. Wear some shoe lifts and call it 5'10. Done deal.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

YellowSpike

« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2015, 12:46:03 PM »

It's not worth it, man. Enjoy your new height! Stop getting caught up in this numbers game. Don't forget that time is a limited resource as well! Don't waste it being handicap for half a year just because of some numbers. Wear some shoe lifts and call it 5'10. Done deal.

You're gonna see after you do LL...don't assume that your final height will be enough to completely satisfy you. I used to not be able to fathom why guys who are already 5'8" (my low evening height is 5'8" on the dot) would want to do LL...now I totally get it. 5'8" is sure an improvement from where I was, but the rods still have an inch on them. And depending on the cost of the re-break surgery and estimated time to squeeze out one more inch, I do believe it's worth it. In the morning when I wake up close to 5'9" right out of bed, I actually do look and feel taller.  I can also afford the extra surgery because I'm likely going to save some money by getting the rods removed with a different doctor other than Guichet (since Guichet I don't believe will be able to use my insurance, but have to ask him). I know Dr. R said he'd remove them for me and he said usually insurance covers the removal under him. So the money I save on the removal can go towards the re-break.  The only sucky part is the time factor, but I would imagine it would be significantly easier and faster for 1 inch as opposed to 2.75 inches I just did. 

I absolutely hate wearing lifts. They just make you feel worse about yourself, and you always feel super short when they come off. And there's always the risk of bringing a girl home and having her catch you, which would be a major turn off. Lifts really don't do much good, unless you're a Hollywood celeb lol.

All this being said - I am still recovering. Maybe I will eventually come to be ok with 5'8", especially as I'm back to my routine (gym, going out, steady women/dating, etc.). But, as everyone who has done LL before me has warned...height gain is VERY addictive. You do this once, you survive, and you realize "wow, I actually CAN change my height"...and for me, one more inch on the rods that already inside should (at least in theory) be a piece of cake compared to what I just did.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:11:58 PM by YellowSpike »

NewHeights

« Reply #568 on: May 01, 2015, 01:13:40 PM »

You're gonna see after you do LL...don't assume that your final height will be enough to completely satisfy you. I used to not be able to fathom why guys who are already 5'8" (my low evening height is 5'8" on the dot) would want to do LL...now I totally get it. 5'8" is sure an improvement from where I was, but the rods still have an inch on them. And depending on the cost of the re-break surgery and estimated time to squeeze out one more inch, I do believe it's worth it. In the morning when I wake up close to 5'9" right out of bed, I actually do look and feel taller.  I can also afford the extra surgery because I'm likely going to save some money by getting the rods removed with a different doctor other than Guichet (since Guichet I don't believe will be able to use my insurance, but have to ask him). I know Dr. R said he'd remove them for me and he said usually insurance covers the removal under him. So the money I save on the removal can go towards the re-break.  The only sucky part is the time factor, but I would imagine it would be significantly easier and faster for 1 inch as opposed to 2.75 inches I just did. 

I absolutely hate wearing lifts. They just make you feel worse about yourself, and you always feel super short when they off. And there's always the risk of bringing a girl home and having her catch you, which would be a major turn off. Lifts really don't do much good, unless you're a Hollywood celeb lol.

All this being said - I am still recovering. Maybe I will eventually come to be ok with 5'8", especially as I'm back to my routine (gym, going out, steady women/dating, etc.). But, as everyone who has done LL before me has warned...height gain is VERY addictive. You do this once, you survive, and you realize "wow, I actually CAN change my height"...and for me, one more inch on the rods that already inside should (at least in theory) be a piece of cake compared to what I just did.

Yellow, I just want to warn you that the numbers game trap might never end. I'm a tad over 5' 9" at night, and always said I wouldn't have any height neurosis at 5' 10", but in reality, it is hard to predict, especially because this is mental as much as physical. 5' 8" is in the "normal club" where you won't be considered short, but would you really feel that much different at 5' 9"?

This is a tough one, but I'm facing a similar situation as you are, just that I'm an inch taller. I "think" that extra inch would would make a huge difference, but when it's all said and done, who knows. My MIND might still be messed up at 5' 10"...

Hitting 5' 10" from gluco, inversion, and correcting muscular imbalances would be sweet, but I may be in the same mental state I'm in right now.

And as for the lifts thing.. I see it a either a way to gain some extra height, or to test what it will feel like to be a certain height. You could try 1.5" lifts to test out the 5' 9" to 5' 10" range

177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

YellowSpike

« Reply #569 on: May 01, 2015, 01:18:07 PM »

Yellow, I just want to warn you that the numbers game trap might never end. I'm a tad over 5' 9" at night, and always said I wouldn't have any height neurosis at 5' 10", but in reality, it is hard to predict, especially because this is mental as much as physical. 5' 8" is in the "normal club" where you won't be considered short, but would you really feel that much different at 5' 9"?

This is a tough one, but I'm facing a similar situation as you are, just that I'm an inch taller. I "think" that extra inch would would make a huge difference, but when it's all said and done, who knows. My MIND might still be messed up at 5' 10"...

Hitting 5' 10" from gluco, inversion, and correcting muscular imbalances would be sweet, but I may be in the same mental state I'm in right now.

The only reason I'm seriously considering this is because I think since the rods are already inside, surgery should be less invasive, and it should be a faster recovery for only 1 inch. And as you said, 5'8" and above is fine...but my evening height is like 5'8" on the dot, maybe a tad over. That's what scares me. Is a girl going to not be interested in me if I were 2mm below 5'8"? No, of course not. I just don't want to ever measure below it. I guess it's a phobia at this point.

I'll likely never be fully satisfied with my height (whatever height I may end up at, unless I were like 5'10"+, probably not going to happen, which is fine)...and I'll probably never do a tibia LL, because I don't want to mess with them or do another full blown LL. But if I can get one more inch fairly easily and quickly from maxing out the Gnail...why not? I think I'd feel some more closure too, from the knowledge that I maxed out the Gnail (even though it would have taken two surgeries to do).

Tibias just aren't for me I don't think.

YellowSpike

« Reply #570 on: May 01, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »

According to Dr. G, my right leg is fused completely and my left leg is very close to it. Good news!

KrP1

« Reply #571 on: May 01, 2015, 02:41:18 PM »

According to Dr. G, my right leg is fused completely and my left leg is very close to it. Good news!

yeah bro, thats great, i think you will be recovered pretty soon

YellowSpike

« Reply #572 on: May 01, 2015, 02:49:25 PM »

yeah bro, thats great, i think you will be recovered pretty soon

I hope so bro! he said it's still gonna take me a few months to get completely normal again...at this point, I just want to not waddle like a duck when I walk. Although it's better than what it was...he said I can begin to job now, but I just laughed because I still can't even walk totally normal.

Dr. G just told me to do another inch would only take like 2.5-3 weeks...although he said I may not want to do it once I've fully recovered. We will see! After talking with Dr. R recently, I'm confident I can get the insurance to cover the rod removal...so I have some extra money to play around with to do the femur rebreak for that last inch.

Right now, just focusing on recovery!

Uppland

« Reply #573 on: May 01, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »

How are you feeling then mate, what's your recovery like so far?

YellowSpike

« Reply #574 on: May 01, 2015, 07:15:01 PM »

How are you feeling then mate, what's your recovery like so far?

I feel fine bud. My only complaint right now is that I still waddle when I walk. It's embarrassing, and so in turn, I have to really force myself to walk. And I have bad pain on my right hip from the nail that Dr G uses (they are huge!). Once I'm walking normally, I will honestly feel golden, even though I won't be FULLY recovered for a while at this point. Dr G even said I could try light jogging now, but I laughed because I can't even walk normally yet.

Now I just need to figure out how I'm gonna manage my career while taking a little more time off next year to hopefully bang out another inch. He said it would only take like 2.5 weeks to do it, and then I imagine consolidation would be faster (and I'll know enough to walk more without crutches, it's definitely helping bone ossification from what I can see). Ultimately I want to max the Gnail out, and then call it a day with LL once and for all lol.  8)

YellowSpike

« Reply #575 on: May 01, 2015, 08:16:11 PM »

Another reason I really like Dr. G - he's not at all selling me on doing more. He's actually saying that he thinks I'll be satisfied once I fully recover and am back to normal. He also reiterated that when his patients click beyond like 6.5cm+, they actually end up distracting a good few mm more than what they click.

I'm definitely going to give it a chance and see how I feel about all this once fully recovered. I still have duckass/lordosis, so there's that too, though I'm not counting on it for anything really. I have the option to do another inch in the semi near future. First I gotta recover from this one and enjoy the new height for a while!

Deepak Chopra

• Newbi
« Reply #576 on: May 01, 2015, 08:42:20 PM »

Do you have to go back to Dr. Guichet to rebreak the bone or can you go to ortho nearby to do it?
I've got to do what I've got to do.

YellowSpike

« Reply #577 on: May 01, 2015, 09:18:01 PM »

Do you have to go back to Dr. Guichet to rebreak the bone or can you go to ortho nearby to do it?

Dunno. I will inquire with Dr. G if and when the time comes. I would imagine I'd have to stay Milan for a while, at least for a week post op while I resume clicking.

YellowSpike

« Reply #578 on: May 05, 2015, 08:02:35 PM »

I walked to my family's house and back yesterday with no crutches and I'm kinda paying for it today. My right knee is killing me, but I think it's because I'm still favoring that leg knowing that my left leg hasn't fully fused yet (so maybe it's a mental thing). My left leg is very close to being fused Dr G said, hopefully at some point this month it will.

Whatever. I'm going to try and go for another walk tonight, despite feeling semi like crap in my right knee. Pain is weakness leaving the body!

Uppland

« Reply #579 on: May 05, 2015, 08:44:43 PM »

Is it normal be this weak at this stage of recovery, perhaps the real improvment comes after the bone has fused?

YellowSpike

« Reply #580 on: May 05, 2015, 09:13:27 PM »

Is it normal be this weak at this stage of recovery, perhaps the real improvment comes after the bone has fused?

It's going to be 5 months since the surgery on May 15, so I'm still in the semi early stages of recovery. Dr. G said walking starts improving faster once both bones are fused (I'm still waiting for my left one to fuse at this point). I think at this stage (going on 5 months post op), program dude for instance was in a similar spot I believe (I think he was just beginning to walk with one crutch). At home I'm full-time off crutches, and only really need them for stairs. But I still haven't walked huge amounts outdoors without them.

I think my recovery may have gone a bit better, though, if I were fully able to take time away from my career and focus on it. That isn't the case with me, so my resources in terms of time are limited.

Overall, I think ShyShy-esque recoveries are quite rare. Achievable, but rare. I've said it a number of times recently, LL is a "life is like a box of chocolates" thing. You never know what you're gonna get (no matter your age or shape pre op) in terms of recovery, complications, balancing life responsibilities, etc.

KrP1

« Reply #581 on: May 05, 2015, 09:40:17 PM »

Buddy if your knee feels bad today dont walk. Take a rest

YellowSpike

« Reply #582 on: May 05, 2015, 09:51:04 PM »

Buddy if your knee feels bad today dont walk. Take a rest

Wish I could pal. As we gym rats say "the weights ain't gonna lift themselves" (boy do I miss the gym :( ), my legs ain't gonna heal by themselves! As long as the pain isn't too debilitating, I will continue walking tonight and see how things go. It's nice out anyway, need to get outdoors after working all day.

LL is indeed like a box of chocolates. So true, my dear!!! Keep your spirits up!!!  :D

Thank you musicmaker! I hope you are doing great! :)

YellowSpike

« Reply #583 on: May 05, 2015, 11:01:08 PM »

Walked all the way to my dad's place. Knee pain not bad. My dad saw me walk up to his place and said my walking was good. He said I wasn't waddling much at all (although I've been doing this marching-like walk to compensate and waddle less). Progress.

YellowSpike

« Reply #584 on: May 08, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »

Walking was pretty decent yesterday. I walked almost the entire day without crutches. Went to see a relative at the hospital, and walked all around the hospital crutch free (to the cafeteria and back several times, while they transferred my relative from one wing to another, etc.). I still get tired a good amount and need to stop sometimes to give my legs a break, but it's improving. Once my left leg fuses, I think my walking will improve that much faster. When I was walking home last night, it was the first night where I realized I could get home faster by actually going crutch free as opposed to using the crutches (which I only use for stairs or when I'm really tired now).

Uppland

« Reply #585 on: May 08, 2015, 11:10:49 PM »

Nice, isn't this good progress considering your bones haven't even fused completely yet?

YellowSpike

« Reply #586 on: May 09, 2015, 03:07:00 AM »

It's solid progress I'd say. My left leg is close to fusing, right leg already fused. I just hope they fuse faster when I do another inch next year, hopefully. I would imagine they would.

YellowSpike

« Reply #587 on: May 11, 2015, 02:19:31 PM »

If only I could resolve this annoying hip swaying, I'd be golden even given my somewhat limited walking endurance (though not terrible by any means). Waddling less and less, but the hip swaying is just as bad. Duckass is improving, but still there a bit. I think the hip swaying will go away pretty fast once I get back to the gym and start being able to do weights for my abductors. Once my left leg fuses (hoping it has as of the x-rays I'll probably get taken next week), I am going to hit the gym big time. I really want to kick my recovery up a few notches (aside from walking like I have been, which has been helping I would say). The sooner I recover from this (strength and flexibility), the sooner I can full get on with my life and start planning the next one for next fall. If I can get through this, I can't see how 2.5-3 cm would be hard at all.

YellowSpike

« Reply #588 on: May 11, 2015, 06:43:34 PM »

small victory...

Walked all the way to the bank and Starbucks and back, no crutches (including stairs, but since I haven't been cleared for stairs yet, held the bannister very carefully for my non-fused left leg). Swaying my hips of course, but I worked through the embarrassment, and felt surprisingly good and not tired.

I got to "test" my new height for the first time in public, really. Walking on the most traversed block near my place (which I've avoided until after dark until now), and in line at Starbucks...and I would say, 5'8" is a pretty decent height. All the girls were my height or shorter (one of the taller girls was close to me, but I just edged her out). And I was taller than a fair number of guys I saw. Now, the average tall guy (5'11 and up) doesn't seem to dwarf me as much. In the starbucks, there's a huge mirror, so I was looking at myself in line, and I looked average-ish (at least, with the people who where there). The guy in front of me had to be like 6ft, and even though he looks a lot taller than me when I looked up at him, in the mirror, the difference wasn't as terrible as I might have thought.

I'll imagine one more inch will put me exactly where I'd like to be  8)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32   Go Up