Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014  (Read 352828 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Yellowspike - Dr. Guichet, Internal Femurs, Late 2014
« Reply #713 on: July 10, 2015, 06:11:24 PM »

Ha thanks Uppland. It's all good, if I recovery fully by next year (as in 100% pre op status) I still might do a second LL. I'm just a bit tired of it at this point, but gotta keep going. The thought of another LL makes me sick. I have other things going for me (including great facial aesthetics and career), but I have very high standards for myself.

Lol thanks but pretty sure I'd be seen as a midget in Sweden 8) Though I do love hot blondes....might have to travel there someday. Love Swedish chicks!

Uppland

« Reply #714 on: July 10, 2015, 06:17:52 PM »

Ha thanks Uppland. It's all good, if I recovery fully by next year I still might do a second LL. I'm just a bit tired of it at this point, but gotta keep going.

Lol thanks but pretty sure I'd be seen as a midget in Sweden 8) Though I do love hot blondes....might have to travel there someday. Love Swedish chicks!

Nah it's not that bad honestly, it really isn't. Feel free to hit me up if you're coming over, I think you're a cool dude.

Also height isn't such a big deal here either, almost never hear people talk about it.

YellowSpike

« Reply #715 on: July 10, 2015, 06:24:07 PM »

Nah it's not that bad honestly, it really isn't. Feel free to hit me up if you're coming over, I think you're a cool dude.

Also height isn't such a big deal here either, almost never hear people talk about it.

Right back at ya man. You are intelligent and wise beyond your years (remind me of myself when I was younger).

I'm more than happy to meet up with other people who want to do or have done LL (might be meeting some more people on here soon) and respond to PMs, but I think I'm done updating my diary for a while because I know how I'm coming across, and I'm definitely not like that in real life. I've said it a few times, but I mean it now.

My personal takeaways:

1) If you are ultra short, LL should really should only be done by those who are young and rich and can do two back-to-back surgeries (and don't have to juggle a career like us average Joes). One surgery will not be enough, you will still be short and very possibly not entirely happy (though this last bit varies from person to person).
2) Those who can clear 5'10" in one surgery (starting heights of about 5'7"-5'8") should go for it, they'll be set with one LL. Once you clear 5'10" it just doesn't matter anymore to most women and almost all people you will know (except if you have tall siblings and friends or are a lot shorter than your father, all of which I understand).
3) LL blows and is simultaneously the best thing (we can get taller) and worst thing ever (if you do this, you will see for yourself, trust me).

Uppland

« Reply #716 on: July 10, 2015, 06:27:33 PM »

Okay, but remember -we all want to know how your recover. It's just as interesting as the surgery process itself so don't leave us hanging for too long aight'?

YellowSpike

« Reply #717 on: July 10, 2015, 06:28:53 PM »

Okay, but remember -we all want to know how your recover. It's just as interesting as the surgery process itself so don't leave us hanging for too long aight'?

May be a while, but sure! The problem with recovery (which you will all see) is that even though we all definitely do make progress, it takes a while to see significant tangible improvement.

microman

« Reply #718 on: July 10, 2015, 06:44:36 PM »

who would you do for tibia lenthening?

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #719 on: July 21, 2015, 02:22:16 PM »

Yellowspike, i would like to do this surgery but I am not going to tell anybody. So I have a question, given G-nail is weight bearing, how many months from OP can you walk "normally". Like not robotic but maybe with a slight limp which is not too obvious?
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

YellowSpike

« Reply #720 on: July 21, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »

Yellowspike, i would like to do this surgery but I am not going to tell anybody. So I have a question, given G-nail is weight bearing, how many months from OP can you walk "normally". Like not robotic but maybe with a slight limp which is not too obvious?

Depends on how much you lengthen and how dedicated you are. I was very dedicated throughout lengthening, but slacked off post-clicking. It has taken me about 7 months to walk I would say 90-95% normally (hip swaying is almost all gone, and only slightly on one side now). You can be walking relatively ok about a month after clicking...so, add on at least a month to however long you're gonna click (which varies by how much height you want and your rate of clicking).

OverrideYouGenetics

« Reply #721 on: July 21, 2015, 04:13:38 PM »

I am so sorry I forgot the most important detail of all, really tired after work but: 6.5 cm femur

4 months PO normal walking is what I hope for. by normal I mean other wont be suspicious and get the idea of adding 1+1 (height gain + strange walking)
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

YellowSpike

« Reply #722 on: July 21, 2015, 04:16:50 PM »

I am so sorry I forgot the most important detail of all, really tired after work but: 6.5 cm

4 months PO normal walking is what I hope for. by normal I mean other wont be suspicious and get the idea of adding 1+1 (height gain + strange walking)

I mean I won't say it's impossible, because ShyShy apparently managed to walk normally in about that time for 7.5cm. But you're going to have to work really, really, really hard, and walk a ton every day right after clicking. You will not be able to work/maintain a job if you want to recovery that quickly, as you'll have to devote all of your time.

Also, everyone is different. Some people can pull this off faster, and some cannot. If I were you, I'd err on the side of caution and budget for more like 6 months just to be safe. I could have done it in 5 months, but I had to work starting from right after clicking, so I could not devote as much time to walking and recovery after lengthening ended. But, I eventually got there.

OverrideYouGenetics

« Reply #723 on: July 21, 2015, 05:40:42 PM »

Eventually my backup plan is to change job and create a 3 month gap between to get the lengthening done. Then when i go to the new work I walk on crutches and tell its an accident. people on the new job wont know my previous height :)

femoral_indecency

« Reply #724 on: August 04, 2015, 01:27:40 AM »

Were you seeing a physical therapist, going to swimming pool (hydrotherapy) when you got back home? And where you able to drive straight away when you got back?
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

femoral_indecency

« Reply #725 on: August 04, 2015, 01:49:19 AM »

What were the things he needed you to do before he'd operate on you?
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

YellowSpike

« Reply #726 on: August 04, 2015, 02:34:55 PM »

Were you seeing a physical therapist, going to swimming pool (hydrotherapy) when you got back home? And where you able to drive straight away when you got back?

After clicking, I didn't do any PT on my own. And this is where I may have lost a month or two of recovery. I actually started working again while finishing up clicking. I was working sometimes 10-12 hours a day at home this past winter, and I believe that hindered my recovery (even though I still believe my recovery has been quite good for 7cm, all things considered).

I did do hydrotherapy twice a week while in Europe, though. I found it quite helpful.

What were the things he needed you to do before he'd operate on you?

You have to do a psychological evaluation, write a motivation essay for why you want the surgery (he said mine was "amazing"), and I also did the pre-training program. I am happy I took the pre-training program seriously, as I do believe it helped prepare me for this.

I'm also using what I learned during the pre-training program now at my local gym to start recovery some of what I lost.

shortguy

• Visitor
« Reply #727 on: August 07, 2015, 05:28:17 PM »

so where r u exactly in the recovery process
can u run and jump properly
and how is your life now since u can walk nearly as u used to do

Taller

« Reply #728 on: August 08, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »

Since you're too old to have grown naturally, do you foresee the change in height being an issue when you renew your driver's license?

How will/did you explain to your dr/GP in the states if they take your measurement? If you told ten about LL, what was their reaction?

YellowSpike

« Reply #729 on: August 09, 2015, 11:44:33 PM »

so where r u exactly in the recovery process
can u run and jump properly
and how is your life now since u can walk nearly as u used to do

At the moment my main concern is fixing my anterior pelvic tilt (aka duckass). It's not as bad as it was, but I still occasionally have some lower back pain. That's because I have an office job and sit a lot of the time, so while recovery is indeed taking place ,this has lagged behind. So right now I'm addressing it by strengthening my glutes and core, while loosening my hip flexors and hamstrings. I'm doing stiff-leg deadlifts, foam rolling and other stretches to fix it. It does seem to help. My physique is overall excellent, but my ass (while better than it was months ago) still needs some work.

Life is pretty much the same, I'm just a little taller and more confident. I'm still short at 5'8", but it's better than it was, and it's much better going up against most women (including when they wear heels). But it's still not ideal, in my eyes. I'll probably do a second LL someday. Just don't know when or how. I think I'll be happy with anything 5'9" and up (every inch below 5'10" counts for a lot).

Since you're too old to have grown naturally, do you foresee the change in height being an issue when you renew your driver's license?

How will/did you explain to your dr/GP in the states if they take your measurement? If you told ten about LL, what was their reaction?

I changed my height to 5'8" last year when I renewed my license as part of the motivation to do LL. Wasn't an issue to have them update it. I've had several doctors, so this hasn't been an issue either.

sadboy

« Reply #730 on: August 10, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »

Congratulations YelloSpike, you are now taller than before. I am happy to hear about successful stories about LL even though I didn't have the strength to do mine.

Keep up the good work!

YellowSpike

« Reply #731 on: August 10, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »

Congratulations YelloSpike, you are now taller than before. I am happy to hear about successful stories about LL even though I didn't have the strength to do mine.

Keep up the good work!

Appreciate it bud. Hopefully people can learn from my mistakes (cough **walk a crap ton more than I did after clicking** cough). As hard as I worked, I sometimes feel like I didn't do all that I could have. It's frustrating because I'm normally such a diligent person. Whatever...

Not sure what the future holds for me. I am doing my best to get on with my life. I am dating/hooking up with girls, focusing on my career, getting my body back (almost there, just need to fix remaining duckass and get my ass back), hanging out with friends again. I don't think I would have sought out LL if I were 5'8" naturally, although I'm still not satisfied. And I'm not sure how to proceed with a second LL. I'm speaking with two fantastic doctors at the moment (one is Dr. Guichet, duh) and am getting very mixed and conflicting feedback. And the thought of doing another LL actually makes me sick to my stomach...But someday before I die, I will be at a good height.

maximize

« Reply #732 on: August 10, 2015, 03:28:05 PM »

How's your alignment Yellowspike after all this?

Have you got any full standing xrays you can share to look at your axis from?

I'd really like to go Guichet for weight bearing and rapid recovery, but he seems to have a very laissez faire attitude with knee/leg axis. ie. Just place the nail, click, and whatever you get you get.

Or maybe he is compensating for the expected alignment deviation in his surgery without advertising the technique he uses in his articles, etc.

YellowSpike

« Reply #733 on: August 10, 2015, 03:38:48 PM »

How's your alignment Yellowspike after all this?

Have you got any full standing xrays you can share to look at your axis from?

I'd really like to go Guichet for weight bearing and rapid recovery, but he seems to have a very laissez faire attitude with knee/leg axis. ie. Just place the nail, click, and whatever you get you get.

Or maybe he is compensating for the expected alignment deviation in his surgery without advertising the technique he uses in his articles, etc.

I think my alignment is fine. I was bow-legged before the surgery (my knees were further apart than the average), so this actually improved it a bit (or at least I don't think it made it worse). Dr. Guichet prefers femurs over tibias because tibias take longer to heal and are more prone to complications (hence why I'm only gonna do 3.5-4cm if I do tibias, they just terrify me). But, he has said that he's done patients up to like 20cm in just femurs, and they have had no long-term problems at all.

Dr. Guichet is super up-front and frank about all of this, so I am inclined to trust him. This comes with the LL territory. You want to be taller, but you can't do it "perfectly." You will have to accept sacrifices.

KrP1

« Reply #734 on: August 10, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »

Yellow . You still have duck ass some months after finishing lengthening. Did Dr guichet any release on your tendons like IT band release and adductors release?

YellowSpike

« Reply #735 on: August 10, 2015, 03:54:18 PM »

Yellow . You still have duck ass some months after finishing lengthening. Did Dr guichet any release on your tendons like IT band release and aducctors release?

Nope. No releases. That's why it's taking longer. As far as I know, he doesn't do releases.

I also haven't been as diligent as I should have been about stretching, but just started a new stretching/strengthening routine that I'm confident will address the remaining duckass.

KrP1

« Reply #736 on: August 10, 2015, 03:56:43 PM »

Do you know Why he doesnt do releases? I think it could help you a lot to get your normal posture back

YellowSpike

« Reply #737 on: August 10, 2015, 04:01:32 PM »

Do you know Why he doesnt do releases? I think it could help you a lot to get your normal posture back

No but it's well known, I believe, that he doesn't. I know Paley and Rozbruch do them. Dr. Guichet just does not. Makes the process harder, yeah. I think he's more into "natural healing" as opposed to messing with other parts of your body. But I don't know for sure.

sadboy

« Reply #738 on: August 10, 2015, 07:50:28 PM »

Appreciate it bud. Hopefully people can learn from my mistakes (cough **walk a crap ton more than I did after clicking** cough). As hard as I worked, I sometimes feel like I didn't do all that I could have. It's frustrating because I'm normally such a diligent person. Whatever...

Not sure what the future holds for me. I am doing my best to get on with my life. I am dating/hooking up with girls, focusing on my career, getting my body back (almost there, just need to fix remaining duckass and get my ass back), hanging out with friends again. I don't think I would have sought out LL if I were 5'8" naturally, although I'm still not satisfied. And I'm not sure how to proceed with a second LL. I'm speaking with two fantastic doctors at the moment (one is Dr. Guichet, duh) and am getting very mixed and conflicting feedback. And the thought of doing another LL actually makes me sick to my stomach...But someday before I die, I will be at a good height.

It's very understandable why you want more height and 5'8" is not satisfactory. You started your life as a short man and you just want to be tall or at least average. You've been through a lot about your height. If you started life at 5'8" maybe you wouldn't be seeking for LL because you would have definitely had different views about life and your height itself. It all makes sense and I can understand you because I'm goin through the same thing...

Joel

« Reply #739 on: August 10, 2015, 08:50:38 PM »

Hope the duck ass goes away >_< your recovery is quite fast imo.  keep going brother :D
5'5 manlet of peace

YellowSpike

« Reply #740 on: August 10, 2015, 09:42:28 PM »

It's very understandable why you want more height and 5'8" is not satisfactory. You started your life as a short man and you just want to be tall or at least average. You've been through a lot about your height. If you started life at 5'8" maybe you wouldn't be seeking for LL because you would have definitely had different views about life and your height itself. It all makes sense and I can understand you because I'm goin through the same thing...

Thanks. 5'8" isn't terrible, but it's funny how I don't think I would have done LL (or felt the need to do LL) if I were 5'8" naturally. It's not an ideal height, but it's passable. Problem is I'm kind of a perfectionist. It's both a blessing and a curse, since I'm always striving for improvement.

Hope the duck ass goes away >_< your recovery is quite fast imo.  keep going brother :D

I'm not too worried about it. I wasn't diligent enough early on after clicking with walking and stretching, hence why it's still there. But I am working more on addressing it now. My personal trainer noticed this past weekend that I had "anterior pelvic tilt." I think it's gotten better, but obviously he noticed it, so it's still there a fair amount. Will work on it.

Sweden

« Reply #741 on: August 10, 2015, 10:11:16 PM »

5'8" is short, but it's passable, at least.

I don't want to do tibias, I've heard even for an inch, external tibias take like 5 or 6 months. I don't have that kind of time. So I might do another inch in femurs and hope that my femur/tibia proportions aren't horrible. I've been told that some guys started at like 164 and did 10cm with the Gnail and still looked ok. So maybe I will go that route.

5'8 is a descent height. I achieved much more at 5'8 than being 5'11.

10cm never looks good, ever. Yes, you can get away with it with certain clothes but try to sit on your knees and you'll see that your heels are on the middle of your ass muscles - SO UNNATURAL!!
Running will also look totaly weird with the worlds smallest tibias!
But walking down the street with normal clothes I don't think many people will notice.

Keep fighting the duckass. Cheers!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

YellowSpike

« Reply #742 on: August 10, 2015, 10:30:47 PM »

5'8 is a descent height. I achieved much more at 5'8 than being 5'11.

10cm never looks good, ever. Yes, you can get away with it with certain clothes but try to sit on your knees and you'll see that your heels are on the middle of your ass muscles - SO UNNATURAL!!
Running will also look totaly weird with the worlds smallest tibias!
But walking down the street with normal clothes I don't think many people will notice.

Keep fighting the duckass. Cheers!

Sweden! I'm honored to have you post in my diary man!

Yeah...I'm very torn with where I'm going next. Dr. Guichet has been insisting that I could do 2-3cm more, but I have my doubts. He sent me a picture of a patient who apparently went started from 162 and did I think like 16 or 18cm in just femurs!!!! In clothes he actually looked ok! But nked, or kneeling, who the hell knows. And I just landed a new job, so who knows where I can do round 2.

5'8" is ok...much friggin better than where I was, that's for damn sure. But...I'm always wanting more and wanting to improve. I feel like if I did tibias, I'd have that feeling of "I've officially done ALL that I could on the height issue." Not that that means I OUGHT to do LL for solely that reason, but I think you get what I mean.

Yeah...heading to the gym to work on the duckass right now. Stiff leg deadlifts, here I come lol

G-Man

« Reply #743 on: August 10, 2015, 11:08:26 PM »

If I were you I'd do tibs for better biomechanics, even tho it really sux since you have all the proper gear already in your femurs to lengthen more.  If you can lengthen your tibs to match your pre-ll ratios that would be ideal but any amount will help alleviate the difference.
Also you can lengthen a bit more than what's left in the nail, every cm counts!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32   Go Up