Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Shahab Mahboubian (Hollywood CA, USA) Limb Lengthening Institute  (Read 26691 times)

Muse

General Information about Dr Mahboubian from Limb Lengthening Institute of Los Angeles, based in Hollywood CA.  Contact them for specific information and latest updates.

Note: please refer to our disclaimer about The Doctors Directory http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=55.0

Surgery Methods

PRECICE, Lengthening and Then Nailing (LATN), Lengthening Over Nail (LON), and ISKD

If the PRECICE lengthening device is used, the current limitation is 6.5cm.  If the LATN or LON technique is used, patients can gain 8 cm or more, if their body accommodates the lengthening well.

Cost

The surgery may or may not be covered by insurance depending on your body’s anatomy. If your insurance does not cover the surgery, you will need to pay for it in full before the operation can commence..

Cost of the surgery can vary from $40,000 to $75,000 depending on the procedure, which includes the equipment, surgery fees, hospital fees, and post op visits during the lengthening stage.  The entire cost must be paid in advance of the operation. A more accurate cost estimate will be available once you have visited with the surgeon and determined if you qualify for the surgery.

Contact Info

Dr. Shahab Mahboubian, D.O., MPH
Email: info@heightlengthening.com or info@llila.com
Address: 10640 Riverside Drive
North Hollywood, CA 91602
Office: (818) 322-0126
Fax: (818) 755-8904
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:27:58 AM by Admin »

Whitefog

• Visitor
Re: Dr Shahab Mahboubian (Hollywood CA, USA) Limb Lengthening Institute
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 08:11:28 AM »

i did comment at his FB page. i wrote something about cost so that everyone can fulfill their dream. but it has been deleted. Interesting to see that. seems that page has been created for all positive comments and success stories. this is really interesting and things that coming in mind.........!!!!           ????????????????? :-\   

Orlando

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 08:31:59 AM »

Dr Mahboubian is very aggressive when it comes to advertising his service. He has billboards, radio ads and shills on old forum  (Tall and Sysop).    What did you write exactly?

Whitefog

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 08:59:31 AM »

Dr Mahboubian is very aggressive when it comes to advertising his service. He has billboards, radio ads and shills on old forum  (Tall and Sysop).    What did you write exactly?

I wrote here "https://www.facebook.com/Heightlengthening" - " It's really nice to see Advance tech but there are lots of people who dream for their couple of inches. their dream may come true if the cost even come little near their hand. Hope their wish will come true soon"
but my hope become water after getting such behavior. Really all about money in this world. :)

mediocre

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 10:07:14 AM »

Dr M is in my short list of doctors. But deleting that comment (and is not that negative at all) is just not cool.

I wrote here "https://www.facebook.com/Heightlengthening" - " It's really nice to see Advance tech but there are lots of people who dream for their couple of inches. their dream may come true if the cost even come little near their hand. Hope their wish will come true soon"
but my hope become water after getting such behavior. Really all about money in this world. :)

Whitefog

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 02:43:21 PM »

Dr M is in my short list of doctors. But deleting that comment (and is not that negative at all) is just not cool.

Same here buddy  :(

Whitefog

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 02:13:24 PM »

this time you ppl see it own :P  :-X interesting  ::) don't know what else wrong?

https://www.facebook.com/Heightlengthening

mediocre

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 07:26:34 AM »

It's good that you have a screenshot.
;)

this time you ppl see it own :P  :-X interesting  ::) don't know what else wrong?

IamAndrew

Hi, I have an update to place here.

Email I sent to this doctor:
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a healthy U.S. resident, 24 years old, 172 CM, 160 LBs.
Want to gain 6 CM.

Can you give me a cost estimate for:

1) PRECICE:

2) Lengthening and Then Nailing (LATN):

3) Lengthening Over Nail (LON)

4) ISKD

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------

His reply:

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Andrew,

I am glad that you have taken the first step to bring your life to new heights!  Your next step at this time would be to come in for a consultation.  Once I have examined and taken xrays of your legs, you will be given all the necessary information including costs, duration, and treatment options.  The price for the PRECICE system for femur lengthening is $68,000, and on the tibias is $73,000, which includes the cost for equipment, surgery fees, hospital fees, and post op visits during the lengthening stage.  You will be able to do the distraction at the comfort of your own home.  You will not be completely wheelchair bound, but will be able to stand and take a couple of steps for transfers.  It would be wise to have medical insurance to cover the costs of your therapy, meds, and any additional problems/complications that may come up during your treatment. The other techniques you mentioned are now outdated since the Precice nail came out with the ability to lengthen up to 8cm. 

You can call the number below to set up an appointment with me when you are ready to proceed.

Shahab Mahboubian, DO, MPH
Orthopedic Surgery
Specializing in Limb Lengthening and
Deformity Correction Surgery
www.HeightLengthening.com
www.LLILA.com

10640 Riverside Drive               
North Hollywood, CA 91602       
Office: (818) 322-0126               
----------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:23:32 PM by IamAndrew »
Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."

Other Questions/Concerns About Dr. Mahboubian:  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=562.0

In case Dr. Mahboubian chooses to respond to questions/concerns about his surgical technique, training, advertising methods etc...

Above Image: Information From Dr. Paley

Above Image: Dr. Paley screw close to knee & ankle screw on an angle

Above Image: Dr. Donghoon Lee screw close to knee & ankle screw on an angle

Above Image: Dr. Rozbruch ankle screw on an angle

Above Image: Dr. Mahboubian ankle screw is not on an angle for Tall

Above Image: Dr. Mahboubian there is no screw close to the knee & ankle screw is not on an angle for Tall

alps

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 05:11:37 AM »

What's wrong about that pic? I'm missing it, sorry :/ I'm stupid I guess.

Cannibal

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 10:41:52 AM »

Just looked up this guy's credentials. He went to Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, California. Look how that place holds up on Vitals.

http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Shahab_Mahboubian/credentials#ixzz39EIYI2CP

It has a 1 out of 4 overall rating. Its acceptance rate is 23% when the national average acceptance rate is 10.8%. It has an average GPA of 3.6, which is 0.5% above the 3.55 national average, and an average MCAT score of 8.2 where the national average is 10.0.

Not only that but it says on that site that he only has 6 years of experience. That seems way too low an amount to be able to perform something as delicate as cosmetic lengthening on healthy adults. I think you'd need at least around 15 years of experience in the field before you can safely do cosmetic lengthening on normal individuals.

Yeah...can't see myself going to this guy for surgery even if he is in the USA. I'd rather save up and go to Paley or Rozbruch.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

mediocre

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 02:32:49 PM »

Ads from the clinic. Not cool!

Cannibal

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 02:34:21 PM »

Wow. Clearly a snake oil salesman.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

GPS

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 06:36:28 AM »

Just curious where is the patient that in the review says he/she went to dr paley to fix him? He/she doesn't have a diary anywhere?

GPS

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 06:38:43 AM »

If LL is snake oil, then all dostors are selling it.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 11:12:31 AM »

It'd be nice to do ll with him. I could probably go home here and there since its only a 5 hour drive from my house. But I've heard a patient on old forum  had a negative consultation with him and Talls Femurs snapped from him so as much as I'd like for him to be the doctor to do CLL, I'm probably gonna skip him.
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

Femurs2014

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 07:27:12 AM »

Hi everyone - I am a patient of Dr. M and all I can say based on actual experience of working with him is all your above statements are wrong.

I did 8cm on my femurs using Precise2 last year March.  I wrote a full journal about it on  makemetaller. Recently I had my rods removed  including a stem cell injection in both my knees and am currently recovering from that procedure.  I posted pics and all.

He has been a very knowledgeable dr to work with.  From the start he has been able to answer questions that I directed to him. 

You can imagine along with being a busy dr, he gets inquiries all the time.  So I wouldn't really expect him to respond to all of them. 

Price - someone mentioned price being an issue.  I love it.  You want to be taller than pay for it, if you can't too bad.  You do have cheaper options like going to another country.  Less than 30% of my operation costs was Dr M.  The rest was billed directly from the hospital, anesthesia, and other hospital charges.  Are you kidding me that you are complaining that a Dr might make money on a procedure??? What the hell??? What do you do for work?? Can you work for me for free because I feel you should???  Get real idiot
I'm glad my doctors make money, they earned it.

Other posts about him not doing well on a patient, go read journals of Dr M patients on  makemetaller. There's a bunch - all real people - all happy

I am grateful to have this surgery, I saved for it, grateful to pick the best dr, and would def do it again.  Life changer! Dr M is a great doctor, nice guy, and knows what he is doing. 

Tired of complainers and whiners, nothing will make u happy so stop posting - if u want to get taller do something about it or shut up.  Don't tear others down because of your insecurities.

Thanks everyone

greatheight

• Newbi
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 11:39:47 PM »

The add is disgusting
Pages: [1]   Go Up