Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Height Prediction is BS  (Read 16381 times)

Ajax2thousand20

Height Prediction is BS
« on: December 20, 2014, 09:00:56 AM »

Why do doctors predict the height of children? It nearly impossible to tell and they have no way to form a basis by just looking at a child how does it work? It seems like a pointless thing to do and when someone is at their final height and they're inches below what the doctor said, they're sold short of their dream height! It seems like a pointless thing to do in a child's physical what do you guys think?
Starting height: 185.5cms Goal/ dream height:190-193cms!
Sitting height:94 cms Arm Length: 86.5 cms 
Leg length:104 cms Arm Span:191 cms
Tibia: 48 cms Femurs:55cms

tx1111

Re: Height Prediction is BS
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 12:52:22 PM »

I assume they are predicting optimum possible heighr based on genetics and lifestyle of the parents. Othee than that, natural factors such as eating habits may cone into play.

As to why i would assume to inform the parents what to expect of their child and to encourage the a childs healthy lifestyle.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »

if height prediction worked then all children for a given couple would all be the same height.

I agree its total bull . there is no way to determine which genes the child will get and express.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 07:37:15 PM »

Yeah not gonna do it. Was told would be 6'4" and possibly 6'5" and am inches below that height!
Angry undergrown man child I am!

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 11:21:23 PM »

I never ever remember that my parents were that concerned about my height. They were concerned that I was short but they thought that I would catch up eventually. They had no clue how genetic and height worked, and both my parents are short they had no clue that I was going to end up as short as both of them. Since my whole family background is of tall cousins, my parents thought that I would eventually reach them. Unfortunately it never happened. Especially because I entered puberty early (at around 10 years old I was jacking myself off in the Living Room lmfao). I started to grow that chinese moustache at around 12, and pretty much at that age I have been using the same Clothing Size. I am barely X-Small size, it still fits me a little bit bigger. My parents never kept track of my growth in other words.

Anyhow, when things started to get serious, my parents took me to an endrocrinologist when I was 14. The guy obviously prescribed me HGH treatment, he knew that I was going to early puberty and he did not do anything about it, he instead prescribed me more HGH (which obviously I did not need). Surprisingly, I don't remember that he even predicted my height nor checked a growth chart. He just told me that I was way shorter than average and underweight. I never got the HGH until I turned 15. At 14 my hand growth plates were about to close. I started hurrying with the HGH at 15 hoping that I would eventually reach my father (he is 5'6"). Obviously, I just grew like 1 cm in a 4-months HGH treatment. We asked the doctor what was going on and he asked me for a knee growth plate x-ray and he concluded that I was pretty much done growing. I asked him if there was any growth chart or something that could predict my height and he said that those things didn't work, especially since I went through early puberty. He also noted that I went out of the percentiles when I was around 14. Probably when I was like 12-13 I was in-between and average range and in chances of being tall. But since my height stayed the same until my 14 years, he noted that I was pretty much done growing. At this point he only told me to "keep going with the HGH" and to expect a 2 cm growth on my spine. That was fking dumb as he was only trying to take us money. I got mad over the fact that he gave me HGH instead of something else to delay puberty (estrogen production which is what stunts your growth). Anyhow, he made me concerned that I still have a chance of growing a little bit on my back and is pretty much what I am going for right now. I hope I can grow 1-3 inches on my back during these last years of "puberty" I have (if so) in order to be at least around the average "manlet" height. I can't grow a whole beard and my voice still cracks up at times, and there are some spots left that need to be filled with hair in my body so that puts me around the stage 4 of the Tanner estimate.
5'1", 100 lbs

Shor7Guy

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 12:52:20 AM »

its not balck and white it is a general idea and it usually works. its not a bad thing at all

Bruno Mars

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 07:21:23 AM »

Calm the fk down dude. You are 6'1 already. Stop whining like a bitch.

srimech123

• Hi, nice to meet you!
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 07:33:22 AM »

He might be from Netherlands, where 6'1 is not considered tall, unlike 6'4.
173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 07:40:17 AM »

There's a difference between 6'4" to 6'1". I have every right to lengthen as much as you do.

Uppland

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 09:48:29 AM »

I never ever remember that my parents were that concerned about my height. They were concerned that I was short but they thought that I would catch up eventually. They had no clue how genetic and height worked, and both my parents are short they had no clue that I was going to end up as short as both of them. Since my whole family background is of tall cousins, my parents thought that I would eventually reach them. Unfortunately it never happened. Especially because I entered puberty early (at around 10 years old I was jacking myself off in the Living Room lmfao). I started to grow that chinese moustache at around 12, and pretty much at that age I have been using the same Clothing Size. I am barely X-Small size, it still fits me a little bit bigger. My parents never kept track of my growth in other words.

Anyhow, when things started to get serious, my parents took me to an endrocrinologist when I was 14. The guy obviously prescribed me HGH treatment, he knew that I was going to early puberty and he did not do anything about it, he instead prescribed me more HGH (which obviously I did not need). Surprisingly, I don't remember that he even predicted my height nor checked a growth chart. He just told me that I was way shorter than average and underweight. I never got the HGH until I turned 15. At 14 my hand growth plates were about to close. I started hurrying with the HGH at 15 hoping that I would eventually reach my father (he is 5'6"). Obviously, I just grew like 1 cm in a 4-months HGH treatment. We asked the doctor what was going on and he asked me for a knee growth plate x-ray and he concluded that I was pretty much done growing. I asked him if there was any growth chart or something that could predict my height and he said that those things didn't work, especially since I went through early puberty. He also noted that I went out of the percentiles when I was around 14. Probably when I was like 12-13 I was in-between and average range and in chances of being tall. But since my height stayed the same until my 14 years, he noted that I was pretty much done growing. At this point he only told me to "keep going with the HGH" and to expect a 2 cm growth on my spine. That was fking dumb as he was only trying to take us money. I got mad over the fact that he gave me HGH instead of something else to delay puberty (estrogen production which is what stunts your growth). Anyhow, he made me concerned that I still have a chance of growing a little bit on my back and is pretty much what I am going for right now. I hope I can grow 1-3 inches on my back during these last years of "puberty" I have (if so) in order to be at least around the average "manlet" height. I can't grow a whole beard and my voice still cracks up at times, and there are some spots left that need to be filled with hair in my body so that puts me around the stage 4 of the Tanner estimate.

Feel bad just reading this, technology should have made it possible to influence growth by now. It is just so inherently unfair that some people grow up to be unattractive (or downright ugly), short, disabled or such and it's even worse that it happens so early in life. It really deals a hard blow when we're the most vulnerable.

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 07:04:05 PM »

Feel bad just reading this, technology should have made it possible to influence growth by now. It is just so inherently unfair that some people grow up to be unattractive (or downright ugly), short, disabled or such and it's even worse that it happens so early in life. It really deals a hard blow when we're the most vulnerable.

It may not be possible to grow naturally taller after puberty. There's always a price to pay for toying with the anatomy of your body. I am hopeful for an alternative to LL but I don't think it will be available in my lifetime.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 07:11:44 PM »

Exactly, I was supposed to be 187 cm, and let me be the first to tell you that I am not 187 cm. I'm about 18 cm short of that.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

GeTs

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 07:48:48 PM »

Exactly, I was supposed to be 187 cm, and let me be the first to tell you that I am not 187 cm. I'm about 18 cm short of that.
if your parents were more strict and made you eat well and sleep properly you could have been 6'0+, just to show how things can turn later in life

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 08:30:33 PM »

if your parents were more strict and made you eat well and sleep properly you could have been 6'0+, just to show how things can turn later in life

Hmmm. I don't if he did he stunted his growth by that much. Maybe an inch or two but I doubt it.
I wear size 14 US so I probably stunted at least "2 most likely 3"-4".

ReadRothbard

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 09:59:06 PM »

I'm just going to assume that you are ignorant.

Anyone growing up in a middle-class American family, short of drugs or massive famine, will grow up to reach their genetically-determined height.

I simply experienced precocious puberty, which stunts growth by several inches--in my case about eight inches.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

GeTs

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 10:37:30 PM »

I'm just going to assume that you are ignorant.

Anyone growing up in a middle-class American family, short of drugs or massive famine, will grow up to reach their genetically-determined height.

I simply experienced precocious puberty, which stunts growth by several inches--in my case about eight inches.
good to know I'm wrong, I assumed the worst scenario possible, like smoking/not sleeping or eating well

ReadRothbard

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 11:04:01 PM »

good to know I'm wrong, I assumed the worst scenario possible, like smoking/not sleeping or eating well

Yeah, sorry for freaking out on you. That was rude of me.

Future space tycoon

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 11:33:53 PM »

How does experiencing puberty stunt ones growth? I don't understand.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 12:19:01 AM »

How does experiencing puberty stunt ones growth? I don't understand.

Very earlier puberty, such as before nine years old in boys, can stunt growth. As to why, I'm not so sure. Normal puberty, starting at around 10-11, does not stunt growth.

Case in point: I started growing facial hair when I was 9-years old. I had a mustache and beard when I was 12. I was one of the tallest kids in my class between 4-7th grades (not that it helped me with the opposite sex; I was socially awkward due to Aspergers and shunned organized sports, as I thought they were silly and juvenile). When I turned 13, I was 5'6 (168 cm) and fully-developed in every way.

Future space tycoon

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 01:17:06 AM »

Interesting. I had early puberty as well which probably stunted my growth but grew several inches until I was late 15 or early 16 (allthough it's super common to finish growing around that age.)
I was predicted to be 6'4" and probably would be if I didn't have an early growth spurt. Had one around 8 then 10 then 12 and then 14. I grew an inch somewhere after 15 but don't know when and that was it. I don't know if I'll aim for 6'4" though because at my sitting height most guys with natural growth (allthough there are some rare exceptions) are usually 6'0"-6'2" 6'3" Max.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 02:52:36 AM »

Interesting. I had early puberty as well which probably stunted my growth but grew several inches until I was late 15 or early 16 (allthough it's super common to finish growing around that age.)
I was predicted to be 6'4" and probably would be if I didn't have an early growth spurt. Had one around 8 then 10 then 12 and then 14. I grew an inch somewhere after 15 but don't know when and that was it. I don't know if I'll aim for 6'4" though because at my sitting height most guys with natural growth (allthough there are some rare exceptions) are usually 6'0"-6'2" 6'3" Max.

I doubt that you had precocious puberty. Precocious pubertal boys rarely pass 5'6-5'7 in final adult height. Your height was likely just a normal variation from the predicted height. The rule of thumb is that 95% of children will be between 4 inches of their predicted height.

Future space tycoon

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 03:03:47 AM »

Oh I thought you said "Precious Puberty" lol my bad.
But 3-4" is still a lot to be off by. as a pubescent, I was hoping the
doctor was off by an inch max.

Joel

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 05:42:58 PM »

Google research chemical "letrozole' I am not supposed to talk about this but I would buy it from geopetides.com or ruiproducts I took it and grew more but letrozole helped me from being 5 feet to 5 feet 5 inches but you need a lot and the hgh can be bought while it is not real my aunt tested somethings i bought from these sites and they are real when compared just not as a strong as a dose as the pill form if you can get that of letrozole also known as femara or somatropin is hgh i highly encourage you to try that dont take to much 2.5mg is what i took and it helped me but getting that much letro is very hard as the pill form i say is 2 times as strong when you take letro you feel it when you feel all dry and grainy however that dose is to high reduce it till it close to to where that feeling is but less in dose.   Take it every day and it's not expensive i still grew taking it to nearly 5'6 now i really think you can grow more and you said something about having small hands and feet to be honest that is worse for your life i would say having small hands makes doing   impossible and it would enlarge the muscles.   Be careful to cycle off and taper off of everything and read on anabolic sites more about it.

It really helped me no one cares about short people or our strength or life but if they were in our shoes they would hang em selves to be honest i feel.
5'5 manlet of peace

ReadRothbard

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »

According to pediatrics, traditional height predictors are between 95-99% within a four inch range of a predicted height. The more reliable method is to double your height you were at age 2 and add about an inch. Of course, these methods only work if you have no history of medical problems.

Future space tycoon

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2014, 07:57:43 AM »

According to pediatrics, traditional height predictors are between 95-99% within a four inch range of a predicted height. The more reliable method is to double your height you were at age 2 and add about an inch. Of course, these methods only work if you have no history of medical problems.

4" is a lot to be off by hell, even 2" can't escape being noticed! I'd say being off by 1" is the most Id forgive a doctor for but then again I was a stupid 12 year old boy and didn't know any better and now I'm devastated Im nothing close to 6'4". I know some people are gonna be angry at me but no one wants to be measured shorter than they think they are or at least by a lot.

llx54511

• Saul
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2015, 06:41:31 AM »

Yeah not gonna do it. Was told would be 6'4" and possibly 6'5" and am inches below that height!
Angry undergrown man child I am!

I agree, at 6'1 why the f*ck are you even considering LL. Even if you live in the Netherlands which I doubt, 6'1 is average. I don't think LL would cure your height dysphoria (if you even have it), it may be better and cheaper for you to see a psychologist. I don't think you have just as much right to lengthen as much shorter men who are way below average. I don't even think you should be allowed to lengthen. Why pay so much and risk so much to go from tall to taller. If your quality of life is so bad at 6'1 I highly doubt it'll change at 6'4. Its not your height, its your mentality. Stop bitching so much.
Morning: ~162cm
Night: ~161cm
Wingspan: 174cm
Realistic Goal: 172cm
Ultimate Goal: ~177cm

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2015, 06:54:42 AM »

I agree, at 6'1 why the f*ck are you even considering LL. Even if you live in the Netherlands which I doubt, 6'1 is average. I don't think LL would cure your height dysphoria (if you even have it), it may be better and cheaper for you to see a psychologist. I don't think you have just as much right to lengthen as much shorter men who are way below average. I don't even think you should be allowed to lengthen. Why pay so much and risk so much to go from tall to taller. If your quality of life is so bad at 6'1 I highly doubt it'll change at 6'4. Its not your height, its your mentality. Stop bitching so much.

Well I do actually. It's my life and I can do what I want with it. And I deserve to be treated with respect. There is always someone who will look at you as inferior regardless of how tall you are. It was my dream to be 6'4" at 12 years old and when I was 14, it's all I wanted. At 6'4" your super human. I was hoping I'd be at least 6'3" and my dream was crushed when I reached only a pathetic 6'1". There are just too many men 6'2" and up to consider myself tall. I never did face height discrimination but guys in high school would be like "I'm taller than you so (guy would stick out tongue). And think about it, wouldn't you be sad if your doctor said you would be 6'4" and you ended up being 6'0"? No one wants to be shorter that they were predicted regardless of their height.

llx54511

• Saul
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2015, 07:09:39 AM »

Well I do actually. It's my life and I can do what I want with it. And I deserve to be treated with respect. There is always someone who will look at you as inferior regardless of how tall you are. It was my dream to be 6'4" at 12 years old and when I was 14, it's all I wanted. At 6'4" your super human. I was hoping I'd be at least 6'3" and my dream was crushed when I reached only a pathetic 6'1". There are just too many men 6'2" and up to consider myself tall. I never did face height discrimination but guys in high school would be like "I'm taller than you so (guy would stick out tongue). And think about it, wouldn't you be sad if your doctor said you would be 6'4" and you ended up being 6'0"? No one wants to be shorter that they were predicted regardless of their height.

How can you say 6'1 is pathetic. At least you have the body of a man and not of a child like most LL patients. I would be sad if I was told I was going to be 6'4 and only ended up 6'1 but there's no way I would ever consider LL to be 6'4. And especially not after joining a forum like this and realizing most members here are manlet size and medically need this surgery so that they won't be shunned everyday of their lives by a culture that idolizes height. With 1 inch lifts + sneakers you can easily walk around at 6'3 which is above average anywhere in the world. Also how tall are your parents? And if you feel comfortably answering, how old are you or what age group are you in and what part of the world do you live in?

GeTs

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2015, 07:23:06 AM »

Average in Netherlands is 182 cm

llx54511

• Saul
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2015, 07:32:09 AM »

Average in Netherlands is 182 cm

Well that clearly justifies the fact that being 6'1 is tall in any part of the world

Ajax2thousand20

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 07:41:06 AM »

How can you say 6'1 is pathetic. At least you have the body of a man and not of a child like most LL patients. I would be sad if I was told I was going to be 6'4 and only ended up 6'1 but there's no way I would ever consider LL to be 6'4. And especially not after joining a forum like this and realizing most members here are manlet size and medically need this surgery so that they won't be shunned everyday of their lives by a culture that idolizes height. With 1 inch lifts + sneakers you can easily walk around at 6'3 which is above average anywhere in the world. Also how tall are your parents? And if you feel comfortably answering, how old are you or what age group are you in and what part of the world do you live in?

I live in the SF Bay Area CA. My Dad claimed he was 6'1.5" when he was my age but I highly doubt it since he's now 5'10.3/4" at aged 60. He was probably 6' or 6'0.5" and added an inch like any person would do. I'm 28 years old, live off a minimum wage job. The only thing that pisses me off about my height is I wear size 14 us. I thought Id be 6'2.5" at the worst with a shoe that big . I do wear lifts and my life has changed 0%. I can just cope now without worrying about guys being taller than me and calling me out on exaggerating my height. I'm probably gonna have to go to an indian doctor though but will consider 4cms on tibs and femurs just to remain safe and not over stretch my muscle tissue.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up